Bill Cosby abuse allegations

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Bill Cosby abuse allegations

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:43 am

Agreed. The Cosby allegations were the subject of NPR's On Point this morning.
The most interesting thing to me is the vehemence with which people are taking
sides. It seems to be a hot point for polarizing people, and from my perspective
the reaction is falling more along gender lines than race.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:05 am

mentalgongfu2 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:43 pm wrote:Agreed. The Cosby allegations were the subject of NPR's On Point this morning.
sides. It seems to be a hot point for polarizing people, and from my perspective

Really? Maybe I travel in different circles, but I haven't seen that. Most just seem to be shaking their heads sadly in a WTF sorta way.

I mean it's not that he was picking up lots of women, it's the drugging. Many of these women were gonna sleep with him, that seems clear, but that wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to drug them, knock them out, then molest them.

Which by pretty much anybody's standards is seriously fucked up.

I havent seen a single person defend him.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Nordic » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:18 am

mentalgongfu2 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:43 pm wrote:Agreed. The Cosby allegations were the subject of NPR's On Point this morning.

Really? Maybe I travel in different circles, but I haven't seen that. Most just seem to be shaking their heads sadly in a WTF sorta way.

I mean it's not that he was picking up lots of women, it's the drugging. Many of these women were gonna sleep with him, that seems clear, but that wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to drug them, knock them out, then molest them.

Which by pretty much anybody's standards is seriously fucked up.

I havent seen a single person defend him.
Nordic

Postby 82_28 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:15 am

This is from 2010. I randomly found it looking for something I sent someone years ago. Palance and Cosby lept out at me RE "The Jack Palance Effect". In which I did indeed post the below story to that thread as well.

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... f=8&t=9212

Bill Cosby is used to winking at internet rumors of his death. But after another one spread Monday, he said he hopes people will give the hoaxes a rest.

After false news of Cosby’s death spread by Twitter on Monday - "Bill Cosby died" was a trending topic on the microblogging service - the 73-year-old comedian talked to CNN's "Larry King Live" to prove he still is around.

"I don't want [whoever spread the rumor] to do this anymore, because this is my fourth time being reported [dead]," Cosby said by phone to CNN’s Kyra Phillips, who was sitting in for Larry King on Monday night.

Cosby used his wit to counter previous rumors. After the first, he borrowed a Mark Twain quote about reports of his death being an exaggeration.

But Cosby said Monday's rumor felt different. He said it left one of his friends in tears before he realized it wasn’t true.

"I don't know. Maybe a psychiatrist will say I'm feeding [the rumor starter's] ego, but I just want to say to friends of that person: Just tell him to stop, because it isn't funny."

On his own Twitter account, Cosby still went for a bit of humor Monday when refuting the rumor.

"Again, I'm rebuttaling rumors about my demise. But, I'm confirming I have an app," Cosby wrote before linking to an iPhone application featuring clips of the comedian's performances.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby justdrew » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 pm

I know reporting rape/drugging to police has a lot to discourage it, but a 0% rate? over decades?

IF THESE stories were being told about someone like say, Jeb Bush, I SERIOUSLY doubt they would be treated as credible by any mainstream sources.

and I would find those stories far more believable.

as it stands, I disbelieve. I have to disbelieve. As it stands I do not even have reason to believe he's ever even been unfaithful to his wife.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Nordic » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:23 am

justdrew » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 pm wrote:I know reporting rape/drugging to police has a lot to discourage it, but a 0% rate? over decades?

IF THESE stories were being told about someone like say, Jeb Bush, I SERIOUSLY doubt they would be treated as credible by any mainstream sources.

as it stands, I disbelieve. I have to disbelieve. As it stands I do not even have reason to believe he's ever even been unfaithful to his wife.

Uh .... Okay. You realize what power is, and how it works in places like, say, the UK, with Jimmy Saville, and Hollywood?

I'm kind of astounded at your response considering you're a regular of this site.
Nordic

Postby NaturalMystik » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:12 am

Not sure if it qualifies as strange synchonicity or not, but on Dec 2nd 2014 the 1972 film "Hickey & Boggs" was re-released on Bluray.

Hickey & Boggs (1972)
111 min - Crime | Drama | Thriller - 4 October 1972 (USA)
Bill Cosby and Robert Culp ("I Spy") are united again as private eyes in this Walter Hill-scripted "film noir." Searching for a missing girl, they find themselves involved with vicious criminals and precipitating a string of deaths.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068698/
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby justdrew » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:18 am

Nordic » 18 Dec 2014 21:23 wrote:
justdrew » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 pm wrote:I know reporting rape/drugging to police has a lot to discourage it, but a 0% rate? over decades?

Uh .... Okay. You realize what power is, and how it works in places like, say, the UK, with Jimmy Saville, and Hollywood?

I'm kind of astounded at your response considering you're a regular of this site.

I'm not mixing the situation up with others.

Is it only only only in the case of sexual misconduct that we should believe any and all rumor? I don't see how these are seemingly automatically judged true, we know for a fact that people make such lies to extort money from celebrities, how can I know that's not the case here? I don't see how anything called JUSTICE can be served by just ruining a person based on evidence-free stories, how can you not be concerned about that?

It's real easy to just sit back and say uh-yup, must be true, believe the victim, he always did seem a bit of a creep, whatever, guilty. Do you really think this total-belief-of-victim is going to extend for one second against a Jeb Bush?

If it weren't for a credible adult eye-witness, I doubt sandusky would be in jail today.

I certainly won't forget the these stories about cosby, and if someone comes up with evidence, tapes? other witnesses? something. Even a track record of infidelity or any other form of illegal activity or even bad behavior. Then I'll render a judgement.
justdrew

Postby Nordic » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:43 am

So do you not believe the charges against Jimmy Saville?

Is there enough evidence there for you?

Serious question.
Nordic

Postby justdrew » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:46 am

well, the Pollard Review says it found "cogent evidence" &
By 19 October 2012, police were pursuing 400 lines of inquiry based on testimony from 200 witnesses via 14 police forces across the UK

I think the situations are different.
justdrew

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:00 am

@ Nordic - we both know that there is an individual limit to that which we can believe.

There comes a point, (where to continue functioning within the paradigm that the individual is born into and continuously immersed in), that the individual has to cease thinking beyond or questioning, in order to retain a semblence of the bizarre notion of 'normality' that our society demands. Their lifestyle, their relationships and sense of self-worth relies upon it.

This is a powerful tool that the control system wields subtlely but mercilessly. It's a human condition that has been used with enormous effect to the benefit of those that understand how to manipulate it.

Politically, allied with Socially, the System desires that the incredible should remain exactly that. And what is credible from one individual to the next is enormously different.

but

the continuing and continual 'revelations' (nsa, torture, paedos, rapists etc etc etc) are stretching many individual limits to breaking point.

I'm still unsure if this is actually 'the plan' - or a fire that is getting out of hand. I tend towards the System being pro-active rather than re-active.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby brekin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:44 pm

justdrew wrote:I know reporting rape/drugging to police has a lot to discourage it, but a 0% rate? over decades?

as it stands, I disbelieve. I have to disbelieve. As it stands I do not even have reason to believe he's ever even been unfaithful to his wife.I know reporting rape/drugging to police has a lot to discourage it, but a 0% rate? over decades?

Why is this so hard to believe? The only thing I'm surprised at, really, is the volume of his victims. And as far as having no reason to believe he's ever been unfaithful to his wife? Would him admitting so sway you a tad?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -wife.html
The 77-year-old entertainer has publicly admitted to cheating on Camille, his wife of 50 years and mother of his five children.

Though Cosby admitted to having an affair with Upshaw - he would tell TV interviewer Dan Rather it was a 'rendezvous' - he maintained that Jackson was not his child.

I think Cosby is one of the funniest comedians of the last century but that doesn't mean he isn't capable of what he has been charged with. I don't see a greater game being played either. If someone wanted to destroy him as a positive black role model, they are about 25 years too late. Cosby was king of the 80's. He really was America's dad. And America's dad was black at a time when it wasn't common to have a show with the lead who was black and primarily a all black cast (The Cosby Show was much more popular than say Sanford & Son or The Jeffersons) Everyone watched his show back then, there weren't that many options and this before most of the sitcoms took a turn towards the crude or catered to ultra specific niches. If the ptb wanted to destroy a positive black icon, he was IT, and if they are doing it now, they are just putting a stake in a long dead corpse.

As far as hard to believe things on this site, this has to be one of the easiest to believe. There have been rumors for ever, legal proceedings for ever, a few people publicly coming forward sporadically and then now the dam bursts and dozens of famous and regular people come forward with similar stories with very little, to nothing to gain and much to hazard. And if the mainstream media has been playing catch and release for years and now is hitting this full throttle I don't see how one can actively not believe it unless one just simply doesn't want to believe. And I can't grok why if this was happening to Jeb Bush why it would be easier to believe? Bill Clinton has been accused of similar crimes and I find those to be fairly credible and worth pursuing.

As far as 0% rate over decades. I think you need to consider the difference between being molested by the village priest and the Pope. Cosby wasn't a village priest when he was popular, he was a Pope. If you think it is hard to take on City Hall, try Hollywood or the Catholic Church.

Nordic wrote:

Word.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justdrew » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:57 pm

yeah, well, it's certainly suspicious as hell and all. Today I feel more like it's probably true. I just instinctively take a contrarian view from time to time, to try it out. :shrug:
justdrew

Postby justdrew » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:33 pm

justdrew

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:13 pm

^^^^ Oh, that's just so wrong!
Iamwhomiam