Bill Cosby abuse allegations

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bill Cosby abuse allegations

Postby RocketMan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:53 pm

It just baffles me. And he's allowed to spout his bullshit about black people in the US needing to just pull themselves together and behave in order to make it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... egend.html

When Barbara Bowman was a teenager she was emotionally and sexually abused by the TV star and in an exclusive interview with MailOnline she describes in chilling detail how Cosby manipulated her into believing he was a father figure and took advantage of her youth, vulnerability and yes, even ambition, to have his way with her over and over again.

'I was drugged and raped by that man,' she tells MailOnline. 'He is a monster. He came at me like a monster. My hope is that others who have experienced sexual abuse will not be intimidated into silence by the famous, rich and powerful. If I can help one victim, then I've done my job.'

http://gawker.com/hannibal-buress-calle ... 1648541091

Thirteen? And it's even worse because Bill Cosby has the fucking smuggest old black man public persona that I hate. Pull your pants up, black people. I was on TV in the '80s. I can talk down to you because I had a successful sitcom. Yeah, but you raped women, Bill Cosby. So, brings you down a couple notches. I don't curse on stage. Well, yeah, you're a rapist, so, I'll take you sayin' lots of motherfuckers on Bill Cosby: Himself if you weren't a rapist.[…] I want to just at least make it weird for you to watch Cosby Show reruns. […] I've done this bit on stage, and people don't believe. People think I'm making it up. […]That shit is upsetting. If you didn't know about it, trust me. You leave here and google 'Bill Cosby rape.' It's not funny. That shit has more results than Hannibal Buress.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Bill Cosby abuse allegations - why no scandal?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Bill Cosby has been oberserving as a Prince Hall mason for decades, no?*

Not saying it's an answer, but hard to pretend that's irrelevant.

* - dubious, probably spurious
Wombaticus Rex

Postby RocketMan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 pm wrote:Bill Cosby has been oberserving as a Prince Hall mason for decades, no?

Oh? Good to know. It just seems curious that the allegations sort of... hang there, not going away but not properly dispelled either.

Dr. Huxtable's apparent penchant for roofies is disgusting enough, but the part about asking the girl to act drunk off her mind was extra special creepy.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Nordic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Everyone I know in the entertainment industry who has ever worked with him will tell you what a nasty person he is. Hates kids, mean, arrogant, etc etc.

Big disconnect between his persona and his reality.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby fruhmenschen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 pm

whaddya say we let this wind it's
way to. ....
I don't know if it is true.
read to much material about Cointelpro
Always on the lookout for FBI agents
neutralizing activists/leaders
Watched the James Brown documentary last night.
Mick Jagger exec produced it.
James Brown was a Nixon supporter
and repeatedly screwed his band members.

Had to separate those activities
from the Genius and how his music
propelled the civil rights movement

Reminded me of Mr Cajones himself, Richard Wagner.

I have always suspected Cosby' s son
was murdered to send Bill a message.

History will show the huge impact Cosby had
on civil rights and comedy

I do know that FBI agents tried to kill Dick Gregory
and continue to do so.I met and interviewed him
last year.

It all boils down to the fact that every day I
need to be awake to practice restorative justice.
you know....where you reject the behavior
not the person.
fruhmenschen

Postby 82_28 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:10 pm

I have always suspected Cosby' s son
was murdered to send Bill a message.

Was about to say the same thing. I have basically clung to the social aspect of it as it coincided with many African-American high profile deaths.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Julian the Apostate » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:Bill Cosby has been oberserving as a Prince Hall mason for decades, no?

Citation please
Julian the Apostate

Postby Julian the Apostate » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Because I can't find any credible source listing Bill Cosby as a PH Mason. Of course that doesn't mean he isn't. But as you probably know, Masons love to claim famous people as members. The fact that he is not easily found on a list strongly suggests that he is not one.
Julian the Apostate

Postby Laodicean » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Julian the Apostate » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:04 pm wrote:Because I can't find any credible source listing Bill Cosby as a PH Mason. Of course that doesn't mean he isn't. But as you probably know, Masons love to claim famous people as members. The fact that he is not easily found on a list strongly suggests that he is not one.

I do not recall why I recall that, but I do remember "learning" that back when his son was murdered. I will append an asterisk to that original post noting that it is dubious and probably spurious, mostly because the rapper in me is a sucker for that kind of phrasing. I definitely don't have their Secret Rolls and my understanding is that lodge is probably too dispersed/diverse for easy indexing, yeah?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby justdrew » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:16 am

well, I don't know, but I always found it kinda odd that the guy who invented the character Mushmouth is going to tell people how to talk.

but otherwise, judging from his recent appearances on daily show and colbert, he appears well along the way to dementia-lite.

but still, just cause there are some allegations doesn't make it true, may well be true, but I don't see grounds to try and convict in the court of public opinion at this stage. IF someone wanted to go to the police and notify them of a crime, that would sure help the believability.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby cptmarginal » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:41 am

He's a member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity, which was founded by a Prince Hall Mason (and ostensibly the two have an overlapping membership.)

Prince Hall Masonic Men of Omega Psi Phi

This group is to positively Uplift and network men of like attainment with dual membership in the Prince Hall Masonic Family and the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.

Just like Kappa Alpha Psi or Phi Beta Sigma, for example, also founded by members of Prince Hall lodges.

You may find me in different forms, I may appear as a Royal Arch Mason, a Royal and Select Master, a Knight Templar, a Sublime Prince or a Sovereign Grand Inspector General, or a Noble of the Mystic Shrine, but I am still Prince Hall Freemasonry. You may be familiar with my offspring, Sigma Pi Phi, Alpha Phi Alpha, Kappa Alpha Psi, Omega Psi Phi, or Phi Beta Sigma. I am Prince Hall Freemasonry. From sharecroppers to Congressmen, I am Prince Hall Freemasonry.

FWIW and all that
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:26 am

Here's a topic that I know is a cesspool of misinformation and paranoia from all over the spectrum (Henry Makow showing up at the top of some of my Google searches...) but I'm still interested in it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130101214 ... le-history

Originally conceived as an organization that would contain the “best of Skull and Bones of Yale and of Phi Beta Kappa,” the fraternity stresses, as its founders stressed, family and the need for a social, spiritual and communal gathering space for Black professionals. The need, paradoxically, Calvin Pressley and others argue, is greater in 2004 than it was in 1904. Some of the members are second- and third-generation archons, but an increasing number, like the new leader, Charles Teamer, come from the ranks of high achievers with no previous family connections.

What makes the Boule’s success all the more interesting is that it was founded as a secret or quasi-secret organization and did not seek public notice until the 1960s and 1970s. Since that time, it has mounted a number of outreach programs, including a mentoring program, a public policy committee and a $200,000 scholarship program.

Called by some observers a super-fraternity because its membership includes the members of all major Black fraternities, Sigma Pi Phi, unlike other fraternities, does not have college chapters and only accepts members with a college degree and “a record of demonstrated excellence” in a chosen field.

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-07-18/ ... -black-men

As a young man living in Berkeley, Major recalled that he would catch occasional glimpses of older men in the community as they quietly left to attend their ritual monthly meetings.

"I saw these black professional men, doctors, judges, lawyers, put on their tuxedos every fourth Saturday and disappear," Major said. "I wanted to know what was going on."

He found out when he became one of the very few invited to join the group. He learned the secret handshakes and other Greek esoterica as he discovered that most of the black leaders in his community were already members.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1096679.html

The Washington Post

November 23, 1991 | Donald P. Baker

A secret weapon helping fund Gov. L. Douglas Wilder's campaign for president is his association with a handful of organizations, little known beyond middle-class black America, where the blue and white of Howard University is a more important school tie than the crimson of Harvard.

They include the Guardsmen, an exclusive social club to which no more than 30 black men can be admitted in any city; the Boule' (officially Sigma Phi Pi, the oldest of the black Greek letter organizations, whose members must be college graduates of distinction) and Omega Psi Phi, one of the eight historically black undergraduate fraternities and sororities.

Wilder, who joined the Boule' and the Guardsmen in the late 1960s and the Ques, as the Omegas are known, as an undergraduate at Virginia Union University here in the late 1940s, said their rosters often overlap.

“best of Skull and Bones of Yale and of Phi Beta Kappa” - this quote is actually found on the Sigma Pi Phi website's official history page.
cptmarginal

Postby 82_28 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 am

justdrew » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:16 pm wrote:well, I don't know, but I always found it kinda odd that the guy who invented the character Mushmouth is going to tell people how to talk.

but otherwise, judging from his recent appearances on daily show and colbert, he appears well along the way to dementia-lite.

but still, just cause there are some allegations doesn't make it true, may well be true, but I don't see grounds to try and convict in the court of public opinion at this stage. IF someone wanted to go to the police and notify them of a crime, that would sure help the believability.

I saw him on Colbert and he was a totally arrogant dick. He didn't face Colbert when typically people do. It was all about him, which is obviously Colbert's shtick as it is. Colbert had to kind of navigate his arrogance using his character. All Cosby did for me is make me finally completely dislike him. Cosby has a character as well, yet it seems his character is perceived by himself to be superior. Everybody but an idiot knows Colbert is fake who just so happens to speak truth, his superiority being fake. Cosby seemed like he had to compete where it is obvious there is no competition.

Cosby has to keep up his "sound". Whereas Colbert will not be doing his sound/character when he moves on to take over for Letterman. He will be himself. Cosby is always going to be Cosby and can never escape.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:37 am

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/w ... osby-pt--1

Can anybody identify the patch and pins on his jacket in the above Colbert Report interview?

EDIT: OMG that is awesome. Just watched it again twice. Colbert gave him multiple whoosh hints at pointing to his arrogance. Colbert schooled Cosby.
82_28

Next

Return to General Discussion