Bill Cosby abuse allegations

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Bill Cosby abuse allegations

Postby norton ash » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:36 pm

He'll get two years of hard tennis in a special facility.
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Jury deadlocks in Cosby trial; judge says keep deliberating

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Jurors in Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial told a judge Thursday they're deadlocked on charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman in 2004, but the judge told them to keep trying to reach a unanimous decision.

The panel deliberated about 30 hours over four days before telling Judge Steven O'Neill they couldn't reach a verdict on any of the three counts against the 79-year-old comedian.

The judge sent them back to the jury room to keep talking.

As deliberations dragged into a fourth day, some jurors have appeared angry and frustrated.

The sequestered jury has been working late into the night since getting the case Monday, pausing a half-dozen times to revisit key evidence, including Cosby's decade-old admissions that he fondled Andrea Constand after giving her pills.

O'Neill has seemed vexed at times as the court staff struggled to answer the jury's requests during deliberations. One batch of requested testimony hadn't even been transcribed yet.

Bill Cosby arrives at the Montgomery County Courthouse during his sexual assault trial, Thursday, June 15, 2017, in Norristown, Pa. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)
But when jurors asked to stop for the day Wednesday night, O'Neill was effusive with praise — encouraging their diligence as they weigh charges that could put Cosby in prison for the rest of his life.

"This is an incredible jury that has just acted with incredible dignity and fidelity," O'Neill said. "I don't have any higher praise. You have taken your task so seriously."
Cosby is charged with three counts of aggravated indecent assault. Each carries a maximum 10-year prison term, though the counts could be merged at sentencing if he is convicted.

The case has already helped demolish his nice-guy reputation as America's Dad.

Cosby has wavered between stoic and smiling as he awaits his fate, but gave a brief thumbs-up as jurors listened to a court reporter reread his January 2005 police interview.

In it, he claimed Constand showed no ill effects from the 1 1/2 Benadryl pills he gave her to help her relax, and that she never objected to his behavior during the 2004 encounter at his suburban Philadelphia home.

Constand testified last week that she was paralyzed by the pills and unable to fight Cosby off. Her mother, Gianna Constand, pulled a cloth from her pocket to wipe away tears Wednesday as she listened to the testimony.

Cosby's lawyers maintain Constand was a willing sexual partner.

Some jurors closed their eyes and tilted their heads down as they listened to the police interview. One slunk down in his seat, looking angry.

"Can you find 12 people who will agree? That's the question," said criminal lawyer Alan J. Tauber, who wasn't involved in the case.

The Associated Press does not typically identify people who say they are victims of sexual assault unless they grant permission, which Constand has done.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/j ... spartanntp
PufPuf93

Postby brekin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:29 pm

"All it takes is one phone call..."

This video of Lili Bernard is heartfelt and interesting on many levels and is worth a watch all the way through.
But especially interesting, at around 1:10 mark she says Cosby said that he'd be watching her and whenever she said anything about him, it'd be better be positive because "all it takes is one phone call".
He could have meant to "the lawyers" but sounds much more ominous to me.
One wonders who Cosby would call.
That could explain a lot, perhaps everything.

Bill Cosby accuser Lili Bernard argues with a Cosby supporter moments after jurors in the trial said they are deadlocked and could not reach a unanimous decision
http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment ... de-bts.cnn
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LilyPatToo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:41 pm

The declaration of a mistrial ruined my day yesterday. But I began to worry about this jury back when I read that they were drawn from Allegheny County PA. There's a pervasive "boys will be boys" vibe there and, at least back in the late '60's through the early '80's when I lived there, a tendency to turn a blind eye to whatever rich and powerful men do to amuse themselves. I don't know--maybe it's true everywhere, but when PA went for serial sexual abuser Trump in the last election, I was appalled, but not surprised in the slightest.

One of my owners was a wealthy man who drugged me every time I stepped aboard one of his yachts. I was so severely abused and addled by dissociation in those days that it took me a while to realize what was happening, but once I did, I was just as confused and outraged as Cosby's accusers were. Like most of them, I knew there was zero chance that I would be believed if I told my story. At least Cosby's victims managed to separate themselves from him, though. I felt completely trapped and controlled for another 7 years after escaping that rapist.

BTW, I heard yesterday that the jury hung due to one idiot juror who wouldn't put "a blind old man" in prison. I don't know if that's true, but it's right in line with the criminally misplaced empathy of some of the people I knew in Allegheny Co. years ago. They're capable of excusing the assault and rape of multiple women and focused on seeing the perpetrator as a victim. Just unspeakably twisted and vile, but echoed in the expressions of that group of his supporters who protested outside the court house.
LilyPatToo

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:29 pm

Sorry you have suffered so, LilyPatToo. I agree with your take on the Allegheny mindset. I'm just hoping Fat Albert hasn't promised any juror a fat pay-off.

I hope the court expedites his new trial.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:50 pm

GUILTY ON ALL THREE COUNTS!

FINE OF $25,000 DOLLARS ON EACH COUNT

this is a victory for all 62 survivors

this is one for all the women who have been drugged and raped and that includes me

WE ARE NOT INVISIBLE ANYMORE

the victims are crying as they come out of the court house

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Bill Cosby has been convicted of drugging and molesting a woman in the first big celebrity trial of the #MeToo era.

A jury outside Philadelphia convicted the "Cosby Show" star of three counts of aggravated indecent assault on Thursday. The guilty verdict came less than a year after another jury deadlocked on the charges.

Cosby was charged with violating Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004. His lawyer called Constand a "con artist" who leveled false accusations against Cosby so she could sue him.

Cosby could get up to 10 years in prison on each of the counts.
https://www.postandcourier.com/news/bil ... 5f217.html

After the verdict was announced, Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele asked Judge Steven O'Neill to revoke Coby's bail and send him to jail right away.

"I understand this is very serious ... however to ask to revoke the bail of individual ... is your concern?" O'Neill asked Steele.

"Flight," Steele said. "To any place. He has a plane."

At that point, Cosby screamed out in a booming voice: "He doesn't have a plane you a------!"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosby-fou ... d=54746891

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWBrN7QV6Y
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby peartreed » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Cosby can now cancel celebrity chops as the cover for criminal conduct.

Others who are taking note of the lifting cloud of sexual abuse denial under the intense glare of the celebrity spotlight should include famous philanderers:

Harvey Weinstein, James Franco, John Besh, Nick Carter, Louis C.K., Richard Dreyfuss, Dustin Hoffman, Robert Knepper, Jeremy Piven, Brett Ratner, Kevin Spacey, Jeffrey Tambor, Al Franken and Roy Moore – just to name a few shivering nervously now under the marquee, hiding behind backstage curtains or reflecting fear into the makeup mirror. This precedent should pin more falling stars.

Trump might also want to hesitate tweeting his condemnation of Cosby for more hubris and hypocrite hype of an iconic hero hit.
peartreed

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Again, my first thought after learning the verdict was hearing Fat Albert's voice saying "Hey, hey, hey! Guilty, guilty, guilty!"
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm going through old reel-to-reel tapes, but when I went to check them on a player there was no empty take-up reel. Then I remembered one of the tapes was a Bill Cosby album. I unreeled the tape into the trash, and voila!—a nice empty take-up reel. I glued a label over his face.

cosby unwound.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Thu May 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Camille Cosby on her husband’s conviction: ‘This is mob justice, not real justice’

by Cleve R. Wootson Jr. and Sonia Rao May 3 at 10:44 AM

Seven days after Bill Cosby was convicted on three counts of sexual assault, Camille O. Cosby offered a fiery defense of her husband, the iconic entertainer. Her nearly 800-word statement, posted to Facebook Thursday morning, likened her husband’s ordeal to the racially charged killing of Emmett Till and called the accusations and ensuing conviction “mob justice, not real justice.”

“In the case of Bill Cosby, unproven accusations evolved into lynch mobs,” she wrote.

Camille Cosby also called for a criminal investigation into the Pennsylvania prosecutor behind her husband’s conviction.

Bill Cosby was found guilty last week of assaulting Andrea Constand, the only woman among dozens of accusers to bring criminal charges against the disgraced comedian. A jury took less than two days to convict Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting Constand in 2004. A Temple University women’s basketball operations director more than three decades his junior, Constand was lured by Cosby into his home with promises of mentorship.

The conviction could put the 80-year-old comedian in prison for the rest of his life.

As The Washington Post’s Manuel Roig-Franzia reported, Cosby was “once one of the nation’s most admired men, a pioneering African American actor beloved for his role as Dr. Cliff Huxtable on the 1980s megahit ‘The Cosby Show.’” But “he was recast in a suburban Philadelphia courtroom as a merciless predator and sexual deviant in the first celebrity trial of the #metoo era of awareness about sexual assault and harassment.”

No sentencing date has been set. The conviction comes in a retrial of a 2017 case in which a mistrial was declared.

Bill and Camille Cosby have been married since 1964, and she is said to have inspired his character’s wife, Clair Huxtable (played by Phylicia Rashad, who also defended her former co-star, before his conviction). Camille Cosby remained by her husband’s side as the number of accusations against him grew, though she rarely spoke publicly about the case. In 2014, she broke her silence with a statement questioning the portrayal of her husband by the media, likening it to the explosive, “untrue” story Rolling Stone had published about campus rape at the University of Virginia.

MORE... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... ddb21e9d4d

I feel bad for their children, growing up w/the Cosby couple, presented as icons of black 'family values', for parents.

Recent attention to 'Rosemary's Baby' (directed by a rapist, starring an actress later married to another high-profile sexual predator) reminded me of the film's rape scene, which reminded me of Cosby and what a sick fuck he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHM8kYwl1R4
(drugged rape aftermath)

Why did Bill Cosby want to have sex with comatose women?

Experts speculate it could be a fetish

By Alice Robb 07.10.15

..........“Somnophilia is the term used to refer to sexual arousal from a sleeping or unconscious person,” said Renee Sorrentino, a psychiatrist and the director of the Institute for Sexual Wellness in Massachusetts. “We don’t know the prevalence of somnophilia—but I suspect it’s quite rare. I have never seen a case of somnophilia.”

Michael Aaron, a sex therapist in New York, compared Cosby’s behavior to a sinister fetish that’s more familiar—from horror movies and stories of morticians gone rogue. “This would be a type of fetish that is not exactly like, but has some similarities to necrophilia, which is sexual arousal for dead people,” he wrote in an email.

MORE.......https://womenintheworld.com/2015/07/10/ ... ose-women/

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:33 pm

3 - 10 years in prison for sexual assault

lead out of the courtroom in handcuffs in front of the press

hope springs eternal for the alleged sexual assaulters that they will receive justice

here's looking at you Kavanaugh
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Would it be appropriate to change the name of this thread to use the word guilty instead of allegations?
Karmamatterz

Postby Cordelia » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:36 pm

^^^
:thumbsup

Bill Cosby's First Meal Behind Bars Will Include Pudding:

According to TMZ, Bill Cosby will be served pudding as part of his first meal behind bars. Cosby's currently being held at Montgomery County Correctional Facility before he's transferred to state prison. Sources from the facility said that Cosby's first meal in jail will include a chicken patty with gravy, mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes, iced tea mix, and vanilla pudding.

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/bill-cosby ... 60636.html

ImageImage
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion