Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Dreams of Chicago being nuked

Postby justdrew » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:54 pm

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby justdrew » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:18 pm

well, Glen A. Larson just died (produced/developed BRit25C). So there you go.

justdrew » 13 Nov 2014 08:54 wrote:well, in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Earth gov is in New Chicago, built not far from the radioactive remains of the old one.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Jerky » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:51 am

I don't want to derail the thread, here, but I did want to chime in and have it be publicly known that I had dreams that BALTIMORE would be the next American city to suffer a world-historic "terrorist" attack, most likely of the nuclear variety. And this, waaay before I'd even heard of The Wire. It was, like, immediately following 9/11 (about which I'd had a few semi-prophetic dreams), when I woke up thinking - nay, KNOWING - that "Baltimore is next." I don't know when, exactly, but there you go.

Now y'all can get back to your Chicago chats. They're very interesting!

Jerky
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:39 am

Jerky » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:51 am wrote:I don't want to derail the thread, here, but I did want to chime in and have it be publicly known that I had dreams that BALTIMORE would be the next American city to suffer a world-historic "terrorist" attack, most likely of the nuclear variety. And this, waaay before I'd even heard of The Wire. It was, like, immediately following 9/11 (about which I'd had a few semi-prophetic dreams), when I woke up thinking - nay, KNOWING - that "Baltimore is next." I don't know when, exactly, but there you go.

Now y'all can get back to your Chicago chats. They're very interesting!

Jerky

Baltimore being nuked was the plot of the Jack Ryan film Sum of All Fears(filmed before 9/11 but postponned til spring 2002 if I recall)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Jerky » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:27 am

Ah. I haven't seen that one. But thanks for letting me know! I may have picked up something from the commercials.

(sigh) There goes all those speaking engagements I had lined up!

Jerky
Jerky

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:34 am

"That's why they call it Chiraq"

White supremacy and oppression decimated black neighborhoods in Chicago, turning it into one of the worst war zones in post-"super predator" "inner city" america. I wouldn't be surprised if elites want to nuke black neighborhoods. One other Chiraq wormhole.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 am

Luther Blissett » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:34 am wrote:"That's why they call it Chiraq"

White supremacy and oppression decimated black neighborhoods in Chicago, turning it into one of the worst war zones in post-"super predator" "inner city" america. I wouldn't be surprised if elites want to nuke black neighborhoods. One other Chiraq wormhole.

Back in the hey day of 9/11 Truther speculation, many posited Larry Silversteen owned Sears Tower as part of some never materialzied "next 9/11". Especially after the now admitted FBI sting created "Sears Tower/Miami" plot in June of 2006. Obama went to the Olympic committee overseas to try and champion Chicago as being the home of the 2016 olympics, only to have a horrific deadly attack on a young black student by wayward black inner city youth make the headlines. Chicago is often billed as the most dangerous and deadly city in the United States. (the young girl who sang at Obama's re-inuaguration was later randomly gun downed in a park) But yes, I definitely do wonder if the black on black crime is part of some sort of planned experiment or agenda by the powers that be.

We heard in 2012 and 2008 by right wing radio about the "Chicago gang" of Obama and "evil community leaders". Not like the right wing-tards care what happens in Chi-town.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby BrandonD » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:23 am

Had a dream of a red dragon in the sky. It flew into a sports stadium in the distance and exploded in a nuclear blast. I ducked to cover myself, and in my closed eyes I could see numbers - one number was the amount of radiation in the atmosphere, the number was rising and rising. When it rose to a certain number (which I don't recall unfortunately) it was like a signal and I immediately awoke.

Probably irrelevant, but just tossing it in the mix.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby lucky » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:44 am

In the 80's I had many dreams of seeing mushroom clouds in the sky in unidentified places - but there was a real threat then (in my eyes anyway as a 19 y/o in 82). About 2 -3 years ago I had a number of dreams where i was panic buying in supermarkets as the aliens had or were about to land and the feeling was that they were not benevolent. In one I remember that I had been captured with others and they were making us eat some kind of bitter apple peel type thing which would render us harmless and under their control (I consealed mine and didn't eat it).

If there are any dream interpreters out there i have a recurring dream that i am in a hotel (always different) with a feeling of unease - i have had dozens of dreams like this.
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby norton ash » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:42 am

I dreamed of Winnipeg being nuked, but I think the source might have been residue from the version of Kansas City (prairie skyline, modest skyscrapers) getting nuked in the TV film The Day After.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Laodicean » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Suffering premonitions; confirming suspicions
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:58 pm

lucky » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:44 am wrote:In the 80's I had many dreams of seeing mushroom clouds in the sky in unidentified places - but there was a real threat then (in my eyes anyway as a 19 y/o in 82). About 2 -3 years ago I had a number of dreams where i was panic buying in supermarkets as the aliens had or were about to land and the feeling was that they were not benevolent. In one I remember that I had been captured with others and they were making us eat some kind of bitter apple peel type thing which would render us harmless and under their control (I consealed mine and didn't eat it).

If there are any dream interpreters out there i have a recurring dream that i am in a hotel (always different) with a feeling of unease - i have had dozens of dreams like this.

At the buildup to and start of the occupation of Iraq, I had many recurring dreams about distant bombers and rows of pillars of smoke on the horizon in various unknown places (other than one, in which the threat was extraterrestrial and which took place at my grandparents' house). These were persistent and horrible dreams. My mind styled the general theme around a WWI aesthetic. I was often in rural, muddy, dead farming fields in heavy grey rain when the bombs would start in the distance.

That hotel dream sounds harrowing.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 am

Guns, Money, Death, and the Dude — Welcome to Chiraq
By Charlie LeDuff

June 24, 2015 | 1:20 pm

The problem with Chicago is geography.

It is a giant, sprawling city where men cannot cross unfamiliar streets, alleyways, or expressways. To do so is to gamble recklessly with one's life.

Yet still, men gamble. After trending downward in 2013, murder and gunplay in the city are back in fashion. There have been more than 200 killings so far this year in Chicago — up about 15 percent. And there have been more than 1,000 shootings.

More Americans have been murdered in Chicago in the last 15 years than have died in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

Much of the mayhem happens on the South and West sides. The black and brown sides. What they call Chiraq. In the racial mathematics of America, a black person is six times more likely to be the victim of a murder than a white person, and eight times more likely to be the murderer.

Why is that? I went to Chiraq to ask.

Whenever I travel, I avoid the corridors of power, the clubs of high importance, the restaurants with starched table clothes. You'll get no answers to real life there. You have to go to the alley. A meeting with a group of men was set up for me on a South Side backstreet.

"Why are black men slaughtering each other?" I asked one of the assembled men. He was dressed in a dark hoodie. He was handsome, goateed, and worn. Not old, but not young. Sullen and intense. He gave me no name. So I called him Dude.

"We're bust in our communities," Dude said. "We're overpopulated. Look around. Do you see any stores? Do you see any places where anybody can work? It's not enough jobs for a third of us… any of us. We're standing in front of an abandoned building."

Dude, who describes his occupation as a minder of his own business, is an informed man. Consider: Black unemployment tops 25 percent in Chicago as compared to 7 percent for whites and 12 percent for Latinos. That number skyrockets to 92 percent for black teenagers.

Another man, this one much larger than Dude, said, "There ain't no jobs. A man's gonna do what he's got to do to feed his family."

A third member of the crew, a man with a tattooed neck who was dressed in a Captain America t-shirt, explained the attractiveness of warring with your own. You can't fight City Hall. You can't fight police. You can't fight globalization. But you can fight the shadow across the alley. You can fight him for control of low-slung buildings with their windows smashed out. You can fight him for title to the local playground. You can fight him for the drug business of black and white customers alike.

You do him before he does it to you. A Malthusian two-step.

"We don't want to keep going back and forth killing our youth and our brothers," Captain America said. "But guess what? Some people got to die for some people to live."

The majority of inmates at Chicago's Cook County Jail are black and doing time for drug sales or drug possession, according to Sheriff Tom Dart. The main branch of government with which black people deal on a regular basis is the criminal justice system. Police who drive through South Side neighborhoods are routinely greeted by teenagers with a wave of the middle finger.

Adding to the dissonance is Chicago's Superintendent of Police, Garry McCarthy. When asked recently about the violence, McCarthy got snippy with the press. "There are a lot less shooting than there were last year," he said. "I don't know if you are aware of that."

Actually, shootings in the city have risen by about 20 percent. That's according to numbers supplied by McCarthy's own Chicago Police Department.

Chicago's schools, especially in black sections of the city, are underperforming and underfunded. Mayor Rahm Emanuel has closed nearly 50 of them, many on the South Side. Now the school buildings sit empty, mocking. More outrageous, the superintendent of schools recently resigned under a federal corruption probe, having allegedly steered $20 million in no-bid contracts to her own company. Stealing from babies.

Other parts of Chicago are doing great. Public money has been pumped into private development projects. But few jobs go to south siders. Meanwhile, vapors are steaming from the neighborhood streets. Manufacturing jobs are long gone, and one of the few careers left is holding up the corner. A never-ending swirl toward the drain.

"The real color problem in America is green," one of the men said. "People around here don't got it. Then you're fighting like rats."

And so the corner must be defended.

"Can't you just get away?" I asked Dude. I may as well have been asking if he had the power of resurrection.

"How?" he spat. "By what means? Pack up and just wander around out there and hope I make it? Shit. I don't even make enough to pay my rent. I ain't saved up to go out of town. Kids needs clothes. Shit."

The rain started falling like marbles. The men began to scatter.

"It's raining," I said to Dude. "Maybe nobody dies tonight?"

"No," he replied, pulling up his hood. "They gonna die tonight."
Luther Blissett

Previous

Return to General Discussion