Bernie Sanders running for preznit?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Bernie Sanders running for preznit?

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:19 am

Bernie Sanders Says Obama Should Be Allowed to Nominate Supreme Court Justice

12:15 am ET By Yamiche Alcindor

Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont during a Colorado Democratic Party dinner in Denver on Saturday.
Credit Evan Vucci/Associated Press

DENVER — Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont pointedly criticized Republican officials for recommending that President Obama hold off on nominating a successor for Justice Antonin Scalia of the Supreme Court, who died Saturday.

Speaking on Saturday at an annual fund-raising dinner hosted by the Colorado Democratic Party, Mr. Sanders said Republicans are overlooking the powers given to the president in the Constitution. He chastised Republicans for trying to block President Obama’s ability to nominate a justice for partisan reasons.

“It appears that some of my Republican colleagues in the Senate have a very interesting view of our Constitution of the United States,” Mr. Sanders said. “Apparently, they believe that the Constitution does not allow a Democratic president to bring forth a nominee to replace Justice Scalia. I strongly disagree with that.” (Several Republican candidates said President Obama should let the next president choose the justice or urged the Senate to block the nomination.)

“I very much hope that President Obama will bring forth a strong nominee and that we can get that nominee confirmed as soon as possible,” Mr. Sanders said. “The Supreme Court of the United States has nine members, not eight. We need that ninth member.”

Hillary Clinton made similar remarks at the same dinner.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/14/bernie-sanders-says-obama-should-be-allowed-to-nominate-supreme-court-justice/
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Karmamatterz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:47 pm

The DNC Just Declared War on Bernie Sanders’ Political Revolution

Full article:
http://usuncut.com/news/the-dnc-opens-t ... t-funding/

The Democratic National Committee, headed by the massively unpopular Debbie Wasserman Schultz, has just lifted the last restrictions preventing the DNC from receiving direct contributions from Wall Street and special interest lobbyists.

Under the new rules, political action committees (PACs) and other corporate lobbyists and special interests are now free to donate unlimited sums to the DNC itself. The previous restrictions were put in place by President Barack Obama after his own election, which he marked by saying, “We are going to change how Washington works.”

He continued by affirming that corporate PACs “will not fund my party. They will not run our White House. And they will not drown out the voice of the American people when I’m president of the United States of America.”

Looks like the Clinton establishment is taking a step backwards, not surprising. Our country really needs more than two dominant parties.
Karmamatterz

Postby tapitsbo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:46 pm

The people who support Sanders aren't just going to forget about him if he gets the kibosh... Hillary won't ne able to enjoy Obama levels of legitimacy
tapitsbo

Postby RocketMan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:35 pm

I would definitely be less blithe about employing security staff than Antonin Scalia right about now... though perhaps the Secret Service is to be less than trusted. :angelwings:

Sanders, Clinton in dead heat nationwide

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... nwide-poll

A new poll finds that Democratic presidential hopefuls Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in a dead heat nationwide.

Clinton narrowly edges Sanders with 44 percent support, compared to the Vermont senator’s 42 percent support, a result that is within the Quinnipiac University poll’s margin of error.

PS. I love the slightly confused thread title! :mrgreen:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby General Patton » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Big caucus day. Go do your part before HRC assassinates Bernie or some goofy shit like that.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:29 pm

The vibe in Burlington HQ is way, way different. I knew it would be a whole order of escalation in terms of the money and scale involved -- standing room only even early in the morning, 'tis a beautiful thing to see believers believin' -- what really impressed me was the mindset change in the friends I've got involved. They're not in "Raise Awareness" mode anymore, there's a sense of gravity...seems like they have realized they might actually fuck around and win an election, here.

(Which, for the record, I still don't believe, but then again, I don't get paid to.)

There's a secret service detail now, that's pretty funny. Not so much the Bernie / guards angle, as imagining ex-FBI guys trying to "case" something as glibly security-free as Church Street. Hopefully they at least like acid, we've got some great, clean stuff going around these days.

Vermont has been having a rash of shootings lately, mostly involving fat assholes open carrying at restaurants and discharging their firearm into either their seat or their leg. If they're Bloomberg Gunsense plants, well, I can only salute that level of dedication, but odds are they're just honest idiots doing their best to undermine the cause. Aside from that, it's just out of state drug dealers doing occasional attempts at re-creating their favorite drive-by scenes from the movies they grew up on. Results vary, but they did at least manage to catch a guy in the leg last year; the rest has been property damage and increasingly jaded neighbors. If Burlington was ever a high trust community, those days are long gone now.

Upon reflection, picturing Secret Service interactions with their ward is equally funny, I guess. That Sanders motherfucker, he goes grocery shopping for himself, by himself. All the time. That kind of shit is not normal behavior for his species. He's also got this weird habit of listening to people when they come up and talk to them - the only politician I've ever seen bark down one of his aides for interrupting a constituent; generally their role is to fabricate obligations to get their employer out of those rare encounters with reality.

Anyways. Still betting on Rubio x Clinton, Clinton wins.

I'm fine with either a Sanders or a Trump presidency; both will be hugely educational for Americans. The sooner we can kill the pernicious Myth of Presidential Agency, the sooner we can start having more realistic conversations about Making America Great again. MIGHT REQUIRE A BIT MORE EFFORT THAN "VOTING."
Wombaticus Rex

Postby General Patton » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:51 pm

It's kind of a win-win for the radicals though. If Trump/Sanders get elected and fail to deliver (mostly by refusing to become authoritarian enough to enact their policies), then the disaffected radicals are prime chum for more serious solutions. If they don't get elected, hit the same grassroots channels showing how the elections are rigged. You can't lose.

Whenever I look at Trump and Sanders supporters, I see people who are unwilling to just be moderate. A moderate is someone who is willing to fight just hard enough to lose gracefully. Really with some work and galvanizing these people could develop a cult-like devotion to radicalism and perhaps even occult parapolitical special warfare. And that gives me hope for the future.

штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:26 pm

That's a blanket statement that overreaches at best, dnc, "A moderate is someone who is willing to fight just hard enough to lose gracefully."

Praytell, what is your definition of a "Conservative?

While I do not doubt it will be a win-win for radicals, has there ever been an election that hasn't had the same effect on radicals?

As a long time organizer and community activist, i would say with confidence that it would be all but impossible to unify and organize an "occult parapolitical" war, you know, because the other side, the power structure you aim to overthrow, has been organized and has practiced their art for a very long time.

A featherweight going against a heavyweight fares not well.

Mr. WRex, while I would rather see Bernie elected over any other, Trump being elected offers far more grins, grimaces and giggles.

With regard to your last,
"I'm fine with either a Sanders or a Trump presidency; both will be hugely educational for Americans. The sooner we can kill the pernicious Myth of Presidential Agency, the sooner we can start having more realistic conversations about Making America Great again. MIGHT REQUIRE A BIT MORE EFFORT THAN "VOTING."

This I believe is true, but more unlikely than ever before.
Iamwhomiam

Postby General Patton » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:26 pm wrote:That's a blanket statement that overreaches at best, dnc, "A moderate is someone who is willing to fight just hard enough to lose gracefully."

Praytell, what is your definition of a "Conservative?

In the US, mainstream conservatism is a mish-mash of attitudes that date less than 30 years old usually while pretending to have a much older lineage. In truth conservatives are extremely morally flexible, see the "antigay" party rallying around @Nero, who can't stop professing his love of black cocks for more than 5 minutes at a time.

While I do not doubt it will be a win-win for radicals, has there ever been an election that hasn't had the same effect on radicals?

Not to this degree.

As a long time organizer and community activist, i would say with confidence that it would be all but impossible to unify and organize an "occult parapolitical" war, you know, because the other side, the power structure you aim to overthrow, has been organized and has practiced their art for a very long time.

We have top men on it. TOP MEN.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:28 pm

"We have top men on it. TOP MEN."

I'd love to believe that, but we both know it's untrue.

"In the US, mainstream conservatism is a mish-mash of attitudes that date less than 30 years old usually while pretending to have a much older lineage. In truth conservatives are extremely morally flexible..."

First, that's not a definition of a Conservative. Certainly not nearly as succinct as your definition of a Moderate.

"A moderate is someone who is willing to fight just hard enough to lose gracefully."

I doubt any here would make the claim that a Conservative is "flexible," politically or that one of that mindset would be "extremely morally flexible."

I really would like to read your definition of "a Conservative."

It seems to me you've co-opted the label 'Conservative' and have applied it wrongly to the thinking of those whom you've described and ascribed it to. In fact, your poor definition of a 'Conservatism' seems to me more appropriately equated to the 'moderate(s)'. Unless I and the dictionaries are all wrong.
Iamwhomiam

Postby General Patton » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:28 pm wrote:"We have top men on it. TOP MEN."

I'd love to believe that, but we both know it's untrue.

Well it appears you've been practicing telepathy so everything is coming along just fine m8 keep at it.

"In the US, mainstream conservatism is a mish-mash of attitudes that date less than 30 years old usually while pretending to have a much older lineage. In truth conservatives are extremely morally flexible..."

They are morally flexible. On a timeline of more than 10 years their morality changes, sometimes drastically. If they are religious, then their interpretation of the bible is creatively changed. You cut out that last part where a libertarian social-con is building a huge following, who also happens to be a flamboyant homosexual who would of never had a chance in hell of becoming popular 10 years ago.

I doubt any here would make the claim that a Conservative is "flexible," politically or that one of that mindset would be "extremely morally flexible."

I did. :rofl2

It seems to me you've co-opted the label 'Conservative'

I co-opt a lot of things, it's a hobby of mine.

qnd have applied it wrongly to the thinking of those whom you've described and ascribed it to. In fact, your poor definition of a 'Conservatism' seems to me more appropriately equated to the 'moderate(s)'. Unless I and the dictionaries are all wrong.

Well there is the Buckleyite faction at NRO (which is going bankrupt while it's readers die off btw). I suppose they are very moderate conservative. And dying off in droves while people abandon their platforms.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby General Patton » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:14 pm

an OT note:

If you're expecting a Manhattan project for modern magick it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Before industrialization, science tended to advance with a smaller budget through tinkering rather than through giant projects like the Large Hadron Collider. Organic projects are slower but are much harder to interfere with.

The current meme magick project was a hard slog over several years, but thousands have been taught and applied basic chaos magick and a smidgen of hermetics. Tens of thousands more at least have a basic awareness of the principles. Other concepts like throat friction are slowly taking off, as is the concept of interacting through the world with an awareness in one's third eye (which can be extended to the heart center, hara will center, ect). This isn't counting spin-offs like Prophecy and Veos' school, they've cycled through hundreds of students and will keep going on for the foreseeable future.

We've come along way since the days when Franz Bardon's Initiation Into the Hermetics and LBRP were being handed out to newcomers like chiclets.

штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:31 am

First I must apologize for confusing you, General Patton, with divideandconquer.

I really haven't all that much to say. You obviously know much more about this than I do. Clearly, definitions of Conservatism have changed, but the dictionaries haven't.

So, in an effort to learn, could you please explain a few things for me? (without sarcasm)
In your first response you wrote, "Well it appears you've been practicing telepathy so everything is coming along just fine m8 keep at it"

Well, no, I'm not telepathic. Just slightly and as you can see, undependably precognitive. What is m8? (OK, i have it now, m8=mate)

Are you suggesting that I'm unaware due to Magicks introduced by ? (I'm imagining MI 5, etc.) Still curious whom you refer to as "Top Men." Will you share their names with us? (or are you referring to WRex and yourself?)

I've never met a "morally flexible" conservative. I'll accept your interpretation, though it is difficult for me to apply the term "flexible" to what I've always imagined to be rigid and inflexible, ie a Conservative, especially concerning morality.

I'll be glad to see Buckley's rag shredded. What concerns me is what will pop up to replace it.

I could argue the chaos reigning today is coincidental and not magickal, but I doubt I could convince myself of that, let alone another.

This I get, though I had to search for more on Bardon. I also had to search the term LBRP, but I'm well acquainted with ceremony. Among the White Witches and Light Bearers, I am.

The current meme magick project was a hard slog over several years, but thousands have been taught and applied basic chaos magick and a smidgen of hermetics. Tens of thousands more at least have a basic awareness of the principles. Other concepts like throat friction are slowly taking off, as is the concept of interacting through the world with an awareness in one's third eye (which can be extended to the heart center, hara will center, ect). This isn't counting spin-offs like Prophecy and Veos' school, they've cycled through hundreds of students and will keep going on for the foreseeable future.

We've come along way since the days when Franz Bardon's Initiation Into the Hermetics and LBRP were being handed out to newcomers like chiclets.

Tibetan Throat "Singing" is really the same thing as "throat friction." Proper intonation is key, just as it is in ceremony.

Far be it for me to add to the seeming ever-present chaos of life today, but you're really working at it too hard. Sigil tattoos are succinct and I believe much more effective and more quickly (I believe) to achieve one's goal. But the artist must be an initiate. You really don't want to get it wrong.

You guys today have the web, which is a phenomenal leap from the days when one wanted esoterica they had to physically travel and research difficult to interpret and purposely obtuse archaic documents. Use what you learn wisely.
Iamwhomiam

Postby General Patton » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:47 am

Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:31 pm wrote:First I must apologize for confusing you, General Patton, with divideandconquer.

I really haven't all that much to say. You obviously know much more about this than I do. Clearly, definitions of Conservatism have changed, but the dictionaries haven't.

In the past 10 years we entered the post-reality zone, there's too many layers of propaganda and people putting on appearances for things to make sense.

Are you suggesting that I'm unaware due to Magicks introduced by ? (I'm imagining MI 5, etc.) Still curious whom you refer to as "Top Men." Will you share their names with us? (or are you referring to WRex and yourself?)

Interestingly enough, I have no idea what most of their real names are. It's not really required for organization.

Though the brothers I mentioned previously have their school here:
http://www.thedivinescience.com/

I've never actually taken their course so I have no idea what's it's like.

I've never met a "morally flexible" conservative. I'll accept your interpretation, though it is difficult for me to apply the term "flexible" to what I've always imagined to be rigid and inflexible, ie a Conservative, especially concerning morality.

In theory they aren't supposed to be, but in practice they've become very flexible. And prone to tapping your foot in a public restroom inbetween bible study.

Tibetan Throat "Singing" is really the same thing as "throat friction." Proper intonation is key, just as it is in ceremony.

It's not quite the same, the friction is used as a springboard to feel subtle-vibrations (then later connect them to the third eye). At later stages you don't need the friction. It's taken from Samuel Sagan's book Awakening the Third Eye:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z0cbc9ly8zhh ... E.pdf?dl=0

A .wav the demonstrates it:
http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbr/ckb ... 0_0001.wav

Far be it for me to add to the seeming ever-present chaos of life today, but you're really working at it too hard. Sigil tattoos are succinct and I believe much more effective and more quickly (I believe) to achieve one's goal. But the artist must be an initiate. You really don't want to get it wrong.

True but this is a project where just about anyone can get involved. Hence the use of sexualized anime, just pitch in an orgasm or draw the sigil in your blood and do your part. Or just fire up social media and start tweeting/retweeting sigilized characters and memes. It's a better springboard than having them summon astral parasites in the form of "succubus" because they're bored and lonely. Even though technically ebola/winterchan are succubi, they aren't greedy.

Use what you learn wisely.

I'm guessing that's code for Donald Trump will make aliens real.

штрафбат вперед
General Patton

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion