Collective Evolution

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Collective Evolution

Postby DrEvil » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 pm

slimmouse » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:34 pm wrote:
DrEvil » 16 Dec 2014 19:26 wrote:
Scientists Observe Brain Cells While Healing Intention Is Directed Towards Them – Here’s What Happened

Headlines like this should raise a flag. It's pure click-bait. Click here to learn why!

You mean that the link I provided is to a bogus study?

Well, it is from Dean Radin. :)
No secret that I'm not a fan of him, and some of his other research is pretty sloppy (I think we argued about this in another thread, but can't remember which one).

I can't speak for this particular study, but one of the main problems with his research is his use of statistical methods (according to his critics, I'm not qualified to judge one way or the other) that produce results that aren't really there. The deviations he finds are small enough to fall within the error margins.

For this study, just off the top of my head, having one set of samples in a shielded room and the other not could account for the difference. :shrug:
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Collective Evolution

Postby slimmouse » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:11 pm

DrEvil » 17 Dec 2014 16:16 wrote:
slimmouse » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:34 pm wrote:
DrEvil » 16 Dec 2014 19:26 wrote:
Scientists Observe Brain Cells While Healing Intention Is Directed Towards Them – Here’s What Happened

Headlines like this should raise a flag. It's pure click-bait. Click here to learn why!

You mean that the link I provided is to a bogus study?

Well, it is from Dean Radin. :)
No secret that I'm not a fan of him, and some of his other research is pretty sloppy (I think we argued about this in another thread, but can't remember which one).

I can't speak for this particular study, but one of the main problems with his research is his use of statistical methods (according to his critics, I'm not qualified to judge one way or the other) that produce results that aren't really there. The deviations he finds are small enough to fall within the error margins.

For this study, just off the top of my head, having one set of samples in a shielded room and the other not could account for the difference. :shrug:

I noted earlier in another thread, that one of the lost arts of most of modern science is its inability to facilitate any kind of philosophical exploration into its general ""state-of-the-fucked-up-planet"" intention to which we obsessively adhere.

Personally I wouldnt expect Radins experiments to give any of us more than perhaps the faintest hint of the kind of phenomena that his research is attempting to determine the existence of.

I dont believe that most of us will ever get any hard and fast, globally understood affirmatives of the existence of anything much beyond the confines of our almost purposefully inhibited (it seems ) 5 sense reality tunnel of existence.

Nonetheless I consider these senses to be an incredible feature of our evolution, given that we now understand, based upon all the best current physics models that there are probably any number of dimensions beyond our comprehension, some of which are most likely occupying the self same space that we do.

Therefore I tip my hat to evolution for the fact that we are biologically conditioned as a species to see only the 4 dimensional electromagnetic illusion which effectively constitutes our own human experience

There are those who claim to have seen much more however.

If the anecdotal evidence of Goodness knows how many witnesses is to go by,, then it would appear we already probably have proof of the other dimensions. However this proof is largely confined more exclusively to the experiencer. Anectdotes from experiencers of such phenomenon, are not a means by which modern day Science prefers to confirm even its own best mathematical hypotheses.

Therefore, unless you returned from an Ayahuasca session, with a T-Shirt or similar physical trophy that you acquired whilst in trance, , then you probably aint been there.

At least thats where we currently appear to be at,
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Previous

Return to General Discussion