Peshewar Pakistan School Massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Peshewar Pakistan School Massacre

Postby elfismiles » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:37 pm

I can't believe there's not already a thread about this horrendous event... I know a few of us have mentioned it in other threads.

Peshawar school attack: Taliban's 'revenge' for Malala Yousafzai's Nobel Peace Prize
By Ludovica Iaccino
December 16, 2014 11:57 GMT

Ahmed Rashid, an expert on the Islamic militants, told the BBC the insurgents had various reasons to attack the school, one of which was to send a message to the supporters of Malala, who advocates education for women and children.

Rashid also believes the Taliban targeted the school to demoralise the military.

"Many of the soldiers and officers fighting the Taliban have their children in this school so this is an attempt to demoralise the military," he said.

The Taliban said the massacre was a "revenge" attack following an army offensive against Islamic extremists in North Waziristan and in nearby Khyber.

"We selected the army's school for the attack because the government is targeting our families and females," said Taliban spokesman Muhammad Umar Khorasani. "We want them to feel the pain."

I'm really not sure what to make of it, and Kurt Nimmo's infowars article seems far-fetched but... :shrug:

EDIT: not really far-fetched / I just can't understand the "eye for an eye" mentality when it comes to the deaths of children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jufHhUBPKng

Massacre in Pakistan: Fallout from Obama’s Drone Campaign
Gruesome attack will ensure a continuation of the U.S. war on terror
by Kurt Nimmo | Infowars.com | December 16, 2014
The gruesome murder of at least 126 innocents in Peshawar, Pakistan, including children, by the Pakistani Taliban is a direct result of U.S. foreign policy in the region.
http://www.infowars.com/massacre-in-pak ... -campaign/

Also known as Tehrik-i-Taliban, the group is an amalgamation of the Afghan Taliban and al-Qaeda. Both groups were created and nurtured by Pakistani intelligence in collaboration with the CIA.

Tehrik-i-Taliban draws its leadership from Pakistan’s tribal regions where the CIA has conducted a ceaseless drone campaign.

SOURCE: http://www.historycommons.org/context.j ... tantsunify

Tehrik-i-Taliban is not supported by the notorious S Wing of the ISI, the Pakistani intelligence organization (the Afghan Taliban, the Haqqani network, the Gulbuddin Hekmatyar network, and Lashkar-e-Taiba are all supported by Pakistani intelligence).

SOURCE: http://www.historycommons.org/context.j ... 32609swing
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Peshewar Pakistan School Massacre

Postby justdrew » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:27 pm

it's past time to give up on infowars, " Kurt Nimmo " couldn't possibly have done a better job of writing a parody if he tried. RIGHT... US drone policy (that's been heavily curtailed for awhile now) FORCED the "taliban" to kill those kids, it's all our fault!

Is there ANY CONCEIVABLE REASON for someone to write such twaddle other than to intentionally fuck with peoples heads and render their taking-it-onboard readership into pariahs?

I pittythefool that apes that line in public.

Obviously the next line will be that it wasn't done by the Taliban at all, but by cia contractors dressed as Taliban. Has the "real" Pakistani Taliban denied it yet?

I think the simple fact of the matter is, a large group of people have gotten their heads so fucking twisted up with religion and cult like political gang militant groups that there is really no limit to what they'll do, and nothing/no-one to negotiate with. It's crazy but we really may be facing a Berserker Social Movement here. Early identification and quarantine may be the only option.

Not 100% sure, but this may be a new phenomenon.

How is it possible that such large armed bands can be operating in Pakistan? How can it possibly be that Pakistan can't prevent that? How could they possibly not defend a school run by the military? When anyone could predict it would be a key target? I hate to say it, but could the Pakistani army (or elements within it) have aided or even conducted this? That doesn't seem plausible, just a bit of a step too far if you ask me, but I'd like someone to find three good reasons to really think it out of the question.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Nordic » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:31 am

I can't help but find the timing interesting. That right when everyone is actually talking about how we tortured innocent Muslims, along comes an attack of savagery against children. Thereby turning Muslims back into monsters, in the eyes of a lot of Americans. I'm seeing this on FB today. "Now can you see why we should be allowed to mop the earth of these people?" and shit like that.

Seems suspicious, the timing.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby km artlu » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:24 am

Nordic - I think that's valid and insightful speculation as to the horrific possibilities of how hidden power might operate.
km artlu

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby lucky » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:55 am

After some of the things I have read on here recently nothing would surprise me now - there are some really sick fuckers out there who place no value on human life, at the end of the day does it matter who did it? CIA, Taliban, Mercenaries,ISIS or phschotronics (sp) etc etc all those kids got killed (some of the details are absolutly inhuman) and to what end , why, what was achieved? . Man everyday it seems that the human race is headed to hell in a hand-cart. I'm just waiting for 'the big event' when the world is excised of our species and the planet can rebalance.
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby semper occultus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:25 am

Nordic » 17 Dec 2014 04:31 wrote:I can't help but find the timing interesting. That right when everyone is actually talking about how we tortured innocent Muslims, along comes an attack of savagery against children.

...never had you marked down as a cynic...

....apparently the timing did have some symbolic importance :

Victory day (Bengali: বিজয় দিবস Bijôy Dibôs) is a national holiday in Bangladesh celebrated on December 16 to commemorate the victory of the Allied forces High Command over the Pakistani forces in the Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_day_of_Bangladesh

....there was chatter that some sort of big attack was on the way apparently...
semper occultus

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:20 am

It sounded like a pure revenge attack - the language used by the Taliban was interesting - it was about wanting the army people to feel the pain they themselves had felt losing their children. The scenes on the news were just awful.
Is this the Quid Pro Quo for Saudi Arabia bending to the Empire's will and flooding the market with cheap energy to destroy the Russian economy?
Searcher08

Postby Elihu » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:18 pm

svcks to get massacred.

(that's been heavily curtailed for awhile now)
oh. ok.

Has the "real" Pakistani Taliban denied it yet?
yeah where the heck are they when we need em?

Early identification and quarantine may be the only option.
who will be arming and authorizing the shock troops where do i sign up and how will we know our charges?

Not 100% sure, but this may be a new phenomenon.
nothin new about it.
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:28 am

I think the simple fact of the matter is, a large group of people have gotten their heads so fucking twisted up with religion and cult like political gang militant groups that there is really no limit to what they'll do, and nothing/no-one to negotiate with. It's crazy but we really may be facing a Berserker Social Movement here. Early identification and quarantine may be the only option.

Are you talking about the IDF, or the US in Fallujah, or anywhere ....

From what i understand a recent Pakistan Army offensive left between 500 and 2500 civilians dead in the border region where the Pakistan Taliban are based. I'm not justifying killing kids - what seems to have happened at Peshawar is horrific, like the 7 or 8 kids found stabbed, along with their mum, in a house in Cairns today. But you can't just single out one horrific act in a series of tit for tat horrific acts and pretend it signifies anything other than a horrible cycle of revenge. A cycle that needs more than one actor to perpetuate it. I'd like to think that if someone blew up my wife and child while I was at work I wouldn't want to retaliate like that but who knows really. I hope I never find out.

One bomb
The whole block gone
Can't find my children
And dust covers the sun
Everywhere is noise, panic
And confusion
But to some another fun day in Babylon
I'm going to bury my wife
And dig up my gun
My life is done
So now I'm going to kill someone...

Joe Hillshoist

sometimes days go speeding past...

Postby IanEye » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:12 am

Joe Hillshoist » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:28 am wrote:
I'd like to think that if someone blew up my wife and child while I was at work I wouldn't want to retaliate like that but who knows really.
I hope I never find out.

One bomb
The whole block gone
Can't find my children
And dust covers the sun
Everywhere is noise, panic
And confusion
But to some another fun day in Babylon
I'm going to bury my wife
And dig up my gun
My life is done
So now I'm going to kill someone...

Thanks joe,

Your link said it wouldn't play in the U.S. , so I found another one:

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

syncing feeling

Postby IanEye » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Nordic » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:31 am wrote:

IanEye » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:39 am wrote:Nordic, sometimes you make it almost too easy....

ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistani warplanes and ground forces killed at least 77 militants in a northwestern tribal region near the Afghan border, officials said Friday, days after Taliban fighters killed 148 people — most of them children — in a school massacre.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 pm

What a horrorshow. Ye Gods.

The culprits are more baffling than the crime itself, which is no simple feat...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehrik-i-Taliban_Pakistan

I don't get the impression that the TTP even exists outside of being a convenient storefront operation for doing dirty deeds Mullah Omar and the ISI would prefer to keep a safe distance from for obvious political reasons. Peshawar has been an open market for the terrorist caste for decades, but there's not a lot of evidence that TTP are even that powerful in the context of their hometown.

Odd that they'd explicitly and repeatedly state that they're targeting "NATO forces" -- also odd that their sparse resume includes this NYC classic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Times ... ng_attempt
Wombaticus Rex

Postby justdrew » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:36 pm

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: syncing feeling

Postby Nordic » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:14 pm

IanEye » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 am wrote:
Nordic » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:31 am wrote:

IanEye » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:39 am wrote:Nordic, sometimes you make it almost too easy....

ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistani warplanes and ground forces killed at least 77 militants in a northwestern tribal region near the Afghan border, officials said Friday, days after Taliban fighters killed 148 people — most of them children — in a school massacre.

That is an extremely weird bit of numerological synchronicity.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Indeed it was a horrific slaughter of innocents, a true terrorist attack.

I wonder how men could do such things. It is beyond me that one's fanaticism could allow one to so gruesomely commit the murders of innocent children regardless their cause. And I find it simply beyond belief that those engaging in such acts claim they're doing it for Godly reasons.

By no means excusing any party to murder, one should take pause and reflect upon the tumultuous lives these people have been living and how very familiar all are with war's horrors. Generation after generation of children being exposed to multiple traumatic experiences.

Such brutal zealotry is not unknown in history.

It's the constant reminders of humankind's seemingly boundless brutality I find disturbing. Maybe someday all such stories will be only found within the dusty annals of ancient history and bizarre behaviors.
Iamwhomiam

Next

Return to General Discussion