Tom Cruise making MENA: Barry Seal Movie

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Tom Cruise making MENA: Barry Seal Movie

Postby Hunter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Hopsicker is saying the two guys killed in that crash had definite spook backgrounds, interesting.

What do you all think of Hopsicker, there is a wide variety of thought about him and what he is or may not be, I always liked his work, his book Barry And The Boys, which is about this story exactly, is one of the best books written about deep state shenangians I have ever heard of or read, its getting expensive to buy, going for about 100 bucks on Amazon now. He just recently started writing again after some pretty serious health problems and heart surgery and did mention on FB he would sell copies privately for a donation since he doesnt get any of that money from Amazon sales.
Hunter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hunter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:12 pm

8bitagent » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:08 am wrote:
Nordic » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:50 pm wrote:Just came here to post that. Yeah, how ..... Ironic?

Let's see what actually happens to this.

Scientologist Tom Cruise film crew just died in a small plane crash one day after wrapping up filming a mainstream movie exposing how the CIA was behind the drugs brought into america in the 1980s, involving Hollywoods #1 most trusted pilot ...and theres no comments? yeah...ok see ya guys in 2016

What do we see as motive here, obviously everyone working on that movie became privy to some pretty deep shit, most of them like Tom can be trusted not to talk too much but maybe this pilot learned a little too much or went off reading on his own? Weird shit for sure, as I said above Hopsicker is saying two guys dead have spook backgrounds.
Hunter

Postby Hunter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14 pm

From what I have read Jeb and W basically ran that operation both were in knee deep and handled the drugs themselves on many occasion. Apparently Ollie answered directly to them and they reported to Poppy.
Hunter

Postby zangtang » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:10 am

off the top of my head, Barry Seal had video of W, or Jeb, but it may have been both, either discussing or actually 'doing the deal', doing a bit of
cocaine drug business on the side to make some money for themselves......Seal believed this was his life insurance.

any of you who have actually read (i haven't,longterm wishlist) Hopsicker's 'Barry & the boys' can dot the i's

or, on edit....he claimed to have video of such - pretty dangerous gamble if he was bluffing.....evidently.
zangtang

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Man, totally agree that "Barry and The Boys" was a singular piece of work. Glad I got a copy before it hit $100, too.

Now consider the fact that the DEA and FBI both have their proprietary & protected "drugs and guns" networks.

You've really gotta wonder how much of the drug trade here in the Western Hemisphere is left over for actual drug dealers, no?

For a much cheaper but equally high-quality read, I recommend "Compromised: Bush, Clinton and the CIA," by Terry Reed and John Cummings.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Hunter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:12 pm wrote:
8bitagent » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:08 am wrote:
Nordic » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:50 pm wrote:Just came here to post that. Yeah, how ..... Ironic?

Let's see what actually happens to this.

Scientologist Tom Cruise film crew just died in a small plane crash one day after wrapping up filming a mainstream movie exposing how the CIA was behind the drugs brought into america in the 1980s, involving Hollywoods #1 most trusted pilot ...and theres no comments? yeah...ok see ya guys in 2016

What do we see as motive here, obviously everyone working on that movie became privy to some pretty deep shit, most of them like Tom can be trusted not to talk too much but maybe this pilot learned a little too much or went off reading on his own? Weird shit for sure, as I said above Hopsicker is saying two guys dead have spook backgrounds.

Were they doing too much reading about the deep state or were they doing too much reading about scientology? :wink

IMO, given the info so far, it was a convienent way to get rid of a couple of guys, probably for reasons more on the business side of politcal than the thought that someone on that plane was a whistleblower kind of political.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby semper occultus » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:36 pm

The Story Behind an Infamous Escobar Cartel Assassination

By Seth Ferranti

March 28, 2016

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/an-fbi-agent-tells-story-behind-an-infamous-escobar-cartel-assassination

Pablo Escobar, left, and Jorga Luis Ochoa, right with hat, the two leaders of the Medellin cocaine cartel, are shown at a bullfight in Medellin, Colombia, in 1984. (AP Photo)
This article originally appeared on VICE US

Adler Berriman "Barry" Seal was a drug smuggler who, in the early 1980s, orchestrated the importation of thousands of pounds of cocaine and marijuana into the United States via a remote airstrip in rural west Arkansas. But while working with the Ochoa Brothers from Pablo Escobar's Medellin Cartel, Seal was busted in Florida, in 1983. The Louisiana native soon went snitch and started working for the feds; the Philadelphia Inquirer later dubbed Seal "the most important witness in the history of the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)."

Not long into his career as an informant, a front page story in the Washington Times by Edmond Jacoby seemed to out Seal as a government agent. (It may also have contributed to the brewing Iran-Contra scandal.) Now that he was no longer useful as a snitch, the DEA cut Seal loose, and not long after, he was arrested by the FBI in Louisiana, where the Baton Rouge US attorney's office had prepared drug kingpin charges. Seal was eventually slapped with five years probation, along with six months at a local halfway house.

That's where, on February 19, 1986, Barry Seal was shot and killed in his parked Cadillac by a Colombian assassin toting a Mac-10 machine gun.

The smuggler was romanticized as a soldier of fortune type hung out by the feds when Dennis Hopper played him in the 1991 movie, Double-Crossed. But the realities of Seal's life are fleshed out in Smuggler's End: The Life and Death of Barry Seal, a new book out April 1 by former Marine and FBI agent Del Hahn.

A Clevelander who spent 22 years with the FBI working cases involving racial violence, corrupt officials, white-collar crime, Hahn says he first saw cocaine in 1967. But before drug task forces started sprouting up under the Reagan administration, he'd never worked a drug case. The former agent, who played a key role in the FBI's Baton Rouge operation and now works as as a private investigator, says he saw a few wild rumors circulating on the internet about his old mark, and wanted to set the record straight. Here's what he had to say.

VICE: Tell us how you met Seal and how he was busted—and flipped—by the feds.
Former FBI Agent Del Hahn: He was dealing mostly in drugs and marijuana in 1983, when the DEA was running Operation Screamer—an undercover operation—in Florida. The undercover was Randy Beasley, a DEA agent. One of Seal's smuggling cronies got caught up in Operation Screamer, later cutting a deal with the DEA and agreeing to give them Seal.

Shortly after he was indicted, Seal got in touch with Beasley and the assistant US attorney handling the case, Bruce Zimet, offering to cooperate and give them the Ochoas from the Medellin Cartel. But he wanted no jail time, he wanted his co-defendants to be cut loose, and he wanted to do it without telling his attorney. He was arrogant and demanding and I guess Beasley and Zimet were turned off. They turned him down.
He went back to Baton Rouge and tried to talk with our US Attorney, Stan Bardwell. Bardwell didn't trust the attorney-go-between and refused to see Barry. So he flew to Washington, DC, and went to the office of the Vice President's drug task force and offered to be an informant. They sent him to the DEA in Miami, where Agents Joura and Jacobsen became his handlers. March 28, 1984, is the date of the letter of agreement he signed with the US Attorney in Miami.

Throughout the book, Seal comes across as a fun guy. What'd you make of him at the time?
We knew we were dealing with an aircraft smuggler. We knew where his planes were kept. We knew from Randy Beasley and Operation Screamer that Seal did a lot of business over pay phones. We didn't learn where and when a load of cocaine was going to arrive, but we got some good intelligence information and three solid criminal counts of using the phone for smuggling. I interviewed William Earle, Jr., the guy on the other end of those three calls. He had agreed to testify, and was in custody in New Orleans on a bust of a plane load of marijuana—and he wanted to help himself. The three calls all dealt with Earle flying a Piper Navajo to Mena [Intermountain Airport in Arkansas] to have an illegal fuel system installed. The Navajo was a new plane Seal was adding to his air force.

I had two personal meetings with Seal after I retired. Each time he was personable—he had a sense of humor. But he was not as smart and clever as he thought he was. For example: One of his helpers probably drowned during the recovery of a drug delivery. Another of his lackeys was providing information to the LSP [Louisiana State Police] and DEA. Seal got arrested in Honduras and spent almost a year in prison. He often used pay phones because he thought they were secure. But through surveillance, we were able to identify his favorite pay phones and get wire taps on ten of them. And he thought his DEA pals in Miami could help him—they didn't.

Seal was right in the thick of it when cocaine was pouring in from Colombia. How did you approach the case against him, having never worked a drug case yourself?
I learned enough about the drug smuggling business to know how it generally operated. I knew Seal had a lot of help, and we knew who most of them were. Most good drug cases are made by undercover operations, good informants, and by wire taps, or a combination of all that. Also, the Louisiana State police narcotics people and the DEA had some good reliable informants who dealt with Seal.

We were after a Continuing Criminal Enterprise (CCE) conviction and a life sentence. Conviction for a CCE violation requires three prior related drug convictions. Almost from the start, we had two of the required three: (1) The conviction from the Operation Screamer indictment that went to trial, and (2) his guilty plea to the second Screamer indictment, which took place when he became a DEA informant. We knew how he was money laundering in Mena [Arkansas] and we found the same activity in Baton Rouge.

How complicit, if at all, were the CIA and the other federal agencies when it came to the drug trade?
The only federal agency Seal ever worked with was the DEA. Seal's sworn testimony was that he had no knowledge of ever working for the CIA. In debriefings, after his plea bargain, he never told me or anyone else he was a CIA asset or had worked for any agency other than the DEA. Our task force never developed any evidence that the CIA was involved with Seal in drug smuggling. There is not one iota of credible evidence that Seal ever worked for the CIA or assisted them in any operations. And CIA denied any connection with Seal.

My book doesn't deal with allegations that the CIA was involved in the drug business, except to report what the Kerry Committee findings were—four pilots who worked for the CIA hauling some arms and humanitarian supplies were also known to be involved in drug smuggling. I fault the CIA for not vetting these pilots. If they had, they would have easily learned of their drug smuggling connections. They could then have not used them and avoided a lot of accusations and conspiracy theories. I believe the CIA was desperate for pilots and didn't care what they might do when they weren't flying on a CIA project.

What do you know about the circumstances leading up to his killing?
He finally signed a plea agreement with us in the [US Attorney] Middle District [of Louisiana]. He already had a ten-year sentence in Florida. His plea agreement with us specified that his sentence in the Middle District, on one count of possession with intent to distribute 200 plus kilos of cocaine, would not exceed the ten-year sentence he had already been given in Florida. On the second count of our indictment, for money laundering, it was agreed that he would be sentenced to probation. On a sentence of probation, the law allows the sentencing judge to order the defendant to spend time in a half-way house.

Judge Polozola went along with the plea agreement with great reluctance and agreed to the ten-year sentence and probation. He required that Seal spend his nights from 6 PM to 6 AM in a half-way facility run by the Salvation Army. Seal and everyone involved knew the Ochoas had a contract out on him to murder him. And they eventually sent a team of killers to Baton Rouge and killed him while he was seated in his car in the parking lot of the Salvation Army facility.

Given how high-profile he was, why didn't this guy have protection once he was outed as an FBI informant and prosecuted?
Seal thought he was smarter and cleverer than the Ochoas. He underestimated their will to kill him and overestimated his ability outwit them. And a defendant can't be forced to take witness protection—a judge can't order it. It is strictly voluntary and is managed by the US Marshals Service. Arrangements had been made to transfer his probation to New York or Florida. He refused New York, and Judge Palozola didn't think his going to Florida was a good idea

We learned later on from Seal's pilot that he planned to jump his probation and flee to Costa Rica—and continue his cocaine-smuggling business—the very next day.

This interview has been edited and condensed for clarity. Check out the book here.

@SethFerranti
semper occultus

Postby Nordic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:57 pm

A guy I'm getting to know very well worked on the movie and says it definitely implicates the Clintons as being heavily involved.

:yay
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby RocketMan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Nordic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:57 pm wrote:A guy I'm getting to know very well worked on the movie and says it definitely implicates the Clintons as being heavily involved.

:yay

Wow, thanks for the inside baseball, Nordic!! This should be interesting. Will they be forced to heavily edit after principal photography? :whisper:

Crossing Clintons doesn't sound like a career move. And Liman doesn't come off as a Devil-may-care maverick. But who knows, sometimes people surprise ya! :thumbsup
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:18 pm

the movie is done, in the can as they say. but they delayed it until NEXT FALL, presumably to keep the stink off of the election.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:the movie is done, in the can as they say. but they delayed it until NEXT FALL, presumably to keep the stink off of the election.

It was originally scheduled to be released this month, after the election. It is now currently scheduled to be released Sept. 29, 2017, with a new title, American Made, rather than Mena. It apparently needs an extensive makeover. I would love to watch the original version and compare it to what comes out in September. SOP as Hugh would have said.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Nordic » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:02 pm

brainpanhandler » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:47 pm wrote:
Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:the movie is done, in the can as they say. but they delayed it until NEXT FALL, presumably to keep the stink off of the election.

It was originally scheduled to be released this month, after the election. It is now currently scheduled to be released Sept. 29, 2017, with a new title, American Made, rather than Mena. It apparently needs an extensive makeover. I would love to watch the original version and compare it to what comes out in September. SOP as Hugh would have said.

"Extensive makeover". Well that blows. I would love to get my hands on a script as they shot it. Hmm
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Extensive makeover is my conjecture.

Wikipedia wrote:In May 2015, Universal set the film for a January 6, 2017 release.[11] On August 8, 2016, the film's release was pushed to September 29, 2017 with a new title, presumably to avoid competition with Amityville: The Awakening and Underworld: Blood Wars.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Made_(film)

Seems like a long way to push a movie release out. But it gives them plenty of time to remessage it post election depending on who won.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Nordic wrote:

"Extensive makeover". Well that blows. I would love to get my hands on a script as they shot it. Hmm

I bet you can, further, I bet you will...lol
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Grizzly wrote:Nordic wrote:

I bet you can, further, I bet you will...lol

Presumably they're now shooting the Putin scenes and reworking the CIA as the Good Guys.

Arthur Miller's The Hook: world premiere for 'snarling beast of a play'

Matt Trueman Wednesday 10 June 2015 08.00 BST

[...] Kazan and Miller travelled to Los Angeles [in 1952] to meet Harry Cohn, the notoriously controlling head of production at Columbia Pictures, with Marilyn Monroe posing as Kazan’s personal assistant. He insisted Miller meet Roy Brewer, Hollywood’s most powerful union leader, who pushed him to portray union corruption as couched in communism. Cohn insisted, and Miller eventually withdrew the script. He returned home to a telegram from Cohn: “ITS INTERESTING HOW THE MINUTE WE TRY TO MAKE THE SCRIPT PROAMERICAN YOU PULLOUT.”

Within three years, Kazan was in front of the HUAC, naming eight former colleagues. Miller was called in 1956 and cleared two years later.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/ ... -of-a-play
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion