Time Slip Anecdotes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Time Slip Anecdotes

Postby semper occultus » Wed May 06, 2015 10:18 am

....I take your point Wombat......so, a full blown doppleganger then....

....Searcher....stupidly I just sort of froze to the spot as he kept moving through the crowd.....
semper occultus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Searcher08 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:56 am

semper occultus » Wed May 06, 2015 2:18 pm wrote:....I take your point Wombat......so, a full blown doppleganger then....

....Searcher....stupidly I just sort of froze to the spot as he kept moving through the crowd.....

Curious - (purley anecdotally) the most common responses seem to be either freezing like that and watching the situation like a spectator, or babbling like a loon after making contact with the person and then a 'snapping out' happens and the person is seen as looking similar to but not who one had thought...

I have often had the experience of an object seeming to appear from nowhere - like looking for something for sometime, then looking in the same place again and seeing it.
Searcher08

Postby zangtang » Wed May 06, 2015 11:19 am

my 1st guess on your friends timeslip would be some charley @ the magic shop thought it'd be a wheeze
to hypnotize him whilst chatting into forgetting everything subsequent until sitting back @ his desk ?

finding the mcguffin you've been searching for all over the house, in a place you know you have looked already more than once,
- i put that down to gremlins. These days i thank them them for putting it back, & make a joke / acknowledge their tricksterishness.....
'yeah, you got me good'n'proper!'

if you have the presence of mind, in real desperation (always seems to happen when you in a hurry or on yr way out of the house (doesn't it?))
entreat them with....:Gremlins, could i PLEEZE have the keys/packed lunch/bobble hat back - i just dont have the time....we can do this again later.....'
zangtang

Postby Johannes » Wed May 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello,

Am not sure if the following story might qualify to this topic, but let´s give it a try.

I wrote finer details down to my diary, but this version seems more like a rough sketch.
About 7-8 years ago i was temporarily staying at my sister´s house while there were some renovation done at my apartment.
As i recall i woke up in the morning about 7-8 am and decided to get some more sleep.

Saw a dream where i was surrounded by pitch black darkness and there was only a sink and a mirror in the "room".
I watched in the mirror and found that one of my ear was bloody and i spat some blood in the sink.
Woke up and remember being bit amazed at my dream since i can´t recall seeing a dream with such darkness.
(I usually am interested quite much in the content of my dreams and even short periods of lucid dreaming bring me joy.)

But nevertheless i was awake and went and performed my daily morning routines in usual manner.
Few hours passed on and me and my siblings decided to visit my grandmother.
She lives a 30 minute drive from here and we rang the bell but nobody answered.
We rang the bell few times more before we decided instead visit my cousin and my aunt nearby.
They were home and very much pleased about our visit and the day pretty much went on....

We got back home at 6 pm and i got relaxed on the sofa.
My sister rang my mother and got the news that my grandmother was in the hospital.

Apparently she had fell down in the dark while trying to get into the bathroom.

She had called my mother about the accident and told her that everything was fine despite the fall.

My mother went to see the place and there was bit of blood on the floor and a piece of her ear that had been ripped.

The incident had happened between sunday-monday night (????)
I saw the dream in tuesday morning.

There seems to be approximately 24 hour gap between the incident and my dream.

So it seems that in the dream i saw some kind of sign that my grandmother had hurt herself quite badly.

Was the "forecast" somehow tied to the knowledge that we were going to visit her?

Would i had seen the same dream if there would not be such a "connection"?

She´s very dear to me and i personally see plausible that these kind of events
can travel beyond our usual communication methods.

Thanks,

J
Johannes

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:03 pm

My fiance's father called for me before I was born
I have been a lurker here for a long time and decided to make an account just to tell this story. This is the most bizarre thing I have ever experienced.

Growing up my grandmother used to always tell me a story about how the week before I was born her and my grandfather had my parents over for dinner (they lived down the street from each other so this was a common thing). The phone rang just as they were about to sit down. My grandmother picked up and the man on the other end asked for "Annabelle" which just so happened to be the name my parents had recently decided on for me. This is a relatively unique name, I think, at least for someone in New Hampshire where everyone at the time was naming their daughters Jessica. My grandmother laughed and said "she isn't here yet, try again in a week" and said she would take his number (this was before caller id) for me to "call back later". The man did give her his number and she wrote it down, just as a joke for my parents to remember.

Time went on as normal, I was born and happily named Annabelle. My grandmother for whatever reason decided to keep the note that she had scribbled the man's number down on. It was stashed away in a photo album that was soon to be filled with many pictures of me. She loved to tell this story so I heard it many times.

Flash forward 25 years to tonight. Literally this evening. I was visiting my grandparents with my fiance (he just proposed two weeks ago) and they wanted to flip through old albums to show him what I was like as a baby. The scrap paper is in there, my grandmother grabs it happily and begins blurting out the story. He'd never heard it before, as this was the first time he'd met my grandparents since we live far from them now. He asks to see the paper and his face goes white and says "this was my phone number growing up."

Now, my fiance is from Virginia and my family is from New Hampshire, so it's not like our families knew each other even vaguely 25 years prior. He is two years older than me so he had already been born when the call was made to my grandmother and he lived in the same house from the time he was born til the time he left for college. The number was definitely his family's when the call was made 25 years before.

The only conclusion we could come to was that his dad must have misdialed when looking for someone named "Annabelle" and it just happened to be my grandparents' number. The saddest and kind of eeriest part of the story is that my fiance's father passed away last year. We can't even ask if he remembers...
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:06 am

The world stopped for 12 seconds... Biggest matrix glitch ever.
Throughout my life I've experienced several “weird scenarios” perhaps the biggest matrix glitch occurred a couple years ago. I was going back home after spending the weekend in San Antonio. I was traveling with my parents and brother comfortably in a fairly short trip, everything seemed normal until we got to this city about 30 minutes of our destination. A small city we all knew pretty well, while crossing this busy intersection I saw an slight flash, like when someone takes a picture with one of those professional cameras; I saw the flash about 30 feet in front of us, I closed my eyes and within milliseconds I opened my eyes and we were stuck in traffic.

Something felt really weird, my parents were like frozen up (not moving completely) my dad had the mouth open and my mom a really weird gesture, my brother and I just saw them for a second or so completely weird out, after talking to them they moved and seemed normal. Immediately after I turned to my side and the car parallel to our lane about 10 ft away seemed to also be frozen up, like when as a kids we played statues and stayed frozen in awkward body positions. My parents by now “unfrozen” just opened their mouth completely surprise, I looked back and about 10 cars in all directions were also frozen even in the middle of the intersection. My window was down and it was a windy day, but I can swear even the air stopped. What freaked me out the most is that the few people walking in the side-way about 30 feet away from us were also frozen, statue like, this dog even had two legs in the air, the owner had one while holding ice-cream up in the air. To the left behind the car beside us there is an HEB and I could see people far away also frozen up. (Even some hawks in mid sky)

I wanted to open my door and see what was going on but I experienced goosebumps and decided not to, I only put my head through my window only to see everything still frozen up. From the moment I saw the flash until the moment everything went to normal I counted 12 seconds. My whole family experienced the same but in less detail, my younger brother was crying after looking outside, and my parents were completely freaked out while mom yelled WTF is going on.

After those 12 seconds (longest ever) everything went back to normal, I felt the wind in my arm and the cars started running, in front, behind and beside us like nothing ever happened, people continue walking and smiling, even the hawks started flying once again. I remember passing by the guy who was walking his dog and eating ice cream while getting frozen up and I got completely freaked out.

Couple blocks later my dad drove in to this parking lot and we stopped. I told my parents what I saw, them and my younger brother corroborated what I experienced, except my parents didn't remember those two seconds they were frozen up. We decided to continue our journey home all shaken up and we joked about maybe the men in black flashed us after seeing something we shouldn't. Ironically in our way home, traffic was much less than normal and we saw about twenty all black polarized cars (Tahoe’s and Crown Victoria’s) in those 30 min left. Now thinking about after that surreal experience it’s not too crazy.

I know something similar occurs in the movie the happening with the difference know one committed suicide here they just frozed up. I have crazy goosebumps writing this experience. Has anyone ever experienced something so surreal and vivid? It’s like lost time except, except I was seeing everything. The only reason is because my family experienced it too…

ps: first post ever, excuse my grammar mistakes. I have other stories but none as disconcerting as this one.
edit: paragraphs, extra S'
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:51 pm

I had a vivid lucid dream when I was a child and never woke up from it
Hello, first of all I love this reddit! The Ruby Tuesday post is my favorite reddit post of all time. I didn't think my experience was interesting/concrete enough to share here for the longest time but I often think of it from time to time and I'd love to know if anyone has any theories of what happened.

When I was a child I lived in a haunted house (another story for another place, and I am 99% sure this is not the cause of what happened to me here!) and the paranormal activity in my house disturbed my REM sleep throughout the entire night and would cause me to have really vivid and gradually more lucid dreams. In kindergarten my mom looked into selling the house because once I started school I was exhausted all the time because of the house’s night business. As soon as we sold the haunted house, which I always called the yellow house, we immediately moved into the blue house, our new house. I had school the next day so I left my boxes for the weekend and I unpacked just one school outfit for the next day and one pajama, an ankle length Princess Jasmine night shirt.

When I fell asleep that night, peacefully for the first time in years, I started to dream. I remember this dream exactly as it happened even now. It took place at the yellow house and I was playing with my mom’s friend’s daughter in my bedroom, in the early morning for some reason. We were playing with these horse figurines that I don’t own in real life and pretended to race them, and the girl I was playing with kept cheating. Once I accused her of cheating, she stood in my room and yelled at me that she wasn’t cheating and then she sat on my floor and peed her pants (lol) so I ran to get my mom and her friend and my mom’s friend picked up her entire daughter by one wrist and was slapping her and took her out of our house and slammed the door. It was around this point I became aware that I was dreaming. My mom told me that the place was pretty much packed and when I went to school I would come back to our new house, but that I had to go to school that day because it was cookie day and I would be making cookies all day in class.

I was confused that I didn’t know about this special cookie day before so I got my clothes on and my mom insisted that I couldn’t wear pants and had to wear shorts because it was the cookie day thing to do. She took me to school and I saw that no one else was wearing shorts so I got really angry at her for tricking me but she forced me to get out of the car and go to school in shorts anyway, and when I got to my classroom there were cookie making materials and baking pans on every round table, and a giant oven near the teacher’s desk. Sure enough, all we did was make cookies. I made sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. My mom picked me up from school and asked me if I was excited to see our new house. She drove me to our house and I realized the door to my room had a window in it whereas normally its a solid door, a checkpoint that I was still dreaming. Besides, my conscious self was aware in my dream and knew that I had already moved into the house in real life because we moved the night before, not the next day while I was at school.

I came home and started to color in a coloring book which I don’t own in real life and was just sitting on top of my boxes. I kept glancing at my door and seeing whether the door was solid or had a window in it, and it started switching back and forth. I got really scared by the changing door, and when I looked and saw the door was solid I decided to switch my position so that the door was always in my sight and wouldn’t change back to windowed. My mom made dinner for us and after that she told me to get ready for bed. For some reason I got worried that I managed to keep up the dream to the point of going to sleep the next night. I asked my mom if she could unpack different pajamas as I was already in the habit of setting up checkpoints that I was still dreaming. If I woke up with the Jasmine pajamas, the dream was over. If I woke up with my green shirt and pants set, I was still dreaming.

The thing about all of this is, I never woke up in the blue house with my Jasmine pajamas on like I should have. The next day I woke up with the green shirt and pants set. I asked my mom about the coloring book which I thought I didn’t own and she told me I must have always had it and she saw it in my room before I came home from school. She wasn’t concerned. There were ziploc bags of cookies in my fridge from “cookie day” at my school. The cookie making school day, my mom’s friend's daughter peeing her pants in my room, all of that has continued seamlessly with the reality I live in now. I am pretty sure I live in the “real world” right now, however there’s no way I moved into the blue house twice.

I actually didn’t think about this or didn’t quite understand what was happening for quite some time, but somehow luckily I did end up asking one of my friends who was in my kindergarten class when we were in second grade, if there was a day in kindergarten where we baked cookies all day. She swore to me up and down that it never happened, and her mom told me (probably rightly so) there’s definitely no way that there would ever be a legitimate full size oven in my kindergarten classroom. I remember my mom and I eating those cookies, however whenever I ask my mom about when we moved to the blue house, she tells me that she remembers us moving the night before and not while I was at school, and she also denied cookie day happening. After waking up in the wrong pajamas and checking on the cookies I don’t remember at all what happened after that. It just became the normal forgettable every day stuff and life went on normally forever and ever until right now. So yes, I somehow managed to have a dream that seamlessly dissolved into my real life without me ever “waking up.” I would love to hear any ideas or if anyone has had a similar experience. I still have dreams that I remember now and love keeping a journal of them but I honestly think this might have been the last lucid dream I ever had, I just slept too deeply at the blue house every night and the habit went away after this.
Luther Blissett

Postby peartreed » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:36 pm

The following personal account illustrates, at least to me, that “time slip” aberrations might be medical, mental or mystical – or maybe combinations.

My younger brother suffered a stroke a few days ago and remains in hospital recovering from the resultant paralysis and neurology impairment but is still able to describe in detail what he is experiencing.

Several events he describes as occurring since his stroke simply could not have happened in reality given his immobilized confinement to a hospital bed. He vividly recounts visitors, meetings, excursions and encounters in other places than in the bed where he has lain prone affixed to monitoring equipment and an IV drip. He is surprised when we tell him that those must be reveries or waking dreams because none of what he has described would be possible in his actual position or condition and under continuous watch of hospital personnel.

Yet the lucid hyper-reality of what he claims to be experiencing still stuns him. He knows we are correct in rational explanations of why his accounts are imaginative but he lives them as actual three-dimensional time and space memories of events.

It’s as if the doorway between reality and the imaginal realm has been left ajar, almost as if you might expect a Rod Serling welcome to The Twilight Zone if there was a detectable line of separation. But he cannot distinguish between realities.

One intriguing account of his involved our deceased parents “arriving to take him home” backlit by a bright light. It was later determined his optical nerve damage has created a bright (light) “blind spot” in his peripheral vision on one side, but that has not diminished his conviction about the profound encounter and conversation with our folks at a portal and telling them he was not yet ready to leave with them.

He claims other living visitors and relatives have arrived bringing him gifts, comfort and news yet these took place prior to the same people actually arriving for their first visit. The “news” they bring is often outside his prior knowledge and the gifts are sometimes unexpected and uncharacteristic of the visitor, yet as concrete.

In another instance he describes getting a doctor’s permission to leave the hospital and visit an elderly lady and her cats living in a big house across the street where a full and detailed account of the surroundings and conversation persists. He is now enjoying these “mind excursions” as extended reality to ease his inactivity ennui.

He has also noted after-the-fact that some of his “adventures” seem to happen outside of the time/space continuum of the hospital confines and clocks, where the passage of what seems like hours of vivid experience net out to only minutes or seconds “away” when he “returns” and checks the actual real time that elapsed.

The various medical people treating him have alluded to a series of mini-strokes or thrombosis caused by clots of plaque being fired through his system and disrupting neural transmission to the point his brain and senses are misinterpreting input, and the normal distinctions between types of consciousness are thus impaired. It apparently happens often to stroke victims and can continue over time to cause ongoing confusion, disorientation and “false readings” that seem, well, paranormal. Some of it might be attributed to the interventions, like chemical blood thinners and the effects of pain medicine and drugs. They might spark visible light and flashes.

My brother prefers to believe some of it is altered perception of a different reality.
peartreed

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Luther Blissett » 09 Mar 2016 01:06 wrote:
The world stopped for 12 seconds... Biggest matrix glitch ever.
Throughout my life I've experienced several “weird scenarios” perhaps the biggest matrix glitch occurred a couple years ago. I was going back home after spending the weekend in San Antonio. I was traveling with my parents and brother comfortably in a fairly short trip, everything seemed normal until we got to this city about 30 minutes of our destination. A small city we all knew pretty well, while crossing this busy intersection I saw an slight flash, like when someone takes a picture with one of those professional cameras; I saw the flash about 30 feet in front of us, I closed my eyes and within milliseconds I opened my eyes and we were stuck in traffic.

Something felt really weird, my parents were like frozen up (not moving completely) my dad had the mouth open and my mom a really weird gesture, my brother and I just saw them for a second or so completely weird out, after talking to them they moved and seemed normal. Immediately after I turned to my side and the car parallel to our lane about 10 ft away seemed to also be frozen up, like when as a kids we played statues and stayed frozen in awkward body positions. My parents by now “unfrozen” just opened their mouth completely surprise, I looked back and about 10 cars in all directions were also frozen even in the middle of the intersection. My window was down and it was a windy day, but I can swear even the air stopped. What freaked me out the most is that the few people walking in the side-way about 30 feet away from us were also frozen, statue like, this dog even had two legs in the air, the owner had one while holding ice-cream up in the air. To the left behind the car beside us there is an HEB and I could see people far away also frozen up. (Even some hawks in mid sky)

I wanted to open my door and see what was going on but I experienced goosebumps and decided not to, I only put my head through my window only to see everything still frozen up. From the moment I saw the flash until the moment everything went to normal I counted 12 seconds. My whole family experienced the same but in less detail, my younger brother was crying after looking outside, and my parents were completely freaked out while mom yelled WTF is going on.

After those 12 seconds (longest ever) everything went back to normal, I felt the wind in my arm and the cars started running, in front, behind and beside us like nothing ever happened, people continue walking and smiling, even the hawks started flying once again. I remember passing by the guy who was walking his dog and eating ice cream while getting frozen up and I got completely freaked out.

Couple blocks later my dad drove in to this parking lot and we stopped. I told my parents what I saw, them and my younger brother corroborated what I experienced, except my parents didn't remember those two seconds they were frozen up. We decided to continue our journey home all shaken up and we joked about maybe the men in black flashed us after seeing something we shouldn't. Ironically in our way home, traffic was much less than normal and we saw about twenty all black polarized cars (Tahoe’s and Crown Victoria’s) in those 30 min left. Now thinking about after that surreal experience it’s not too crazy.

I know something similar occurs in the movie the happening with the difference know one committed suicide here they just frozed up. I have crazy goosebumps writing this experience. Has anyone ever experienced something so surreal and vivid? It’s like lost time except, except I was seeing everything. The only reason is because my family experienced it too…

ps: first post ever, excuse my grammar mistakes. I have other stories but none as disconcerting as this one.
edit: paragraphs, extra S'

I had something similar happen tripping on mushies once. Might have told this story before so sorry if you've heard it already.

We had visitors after I'd picked and eaten them. They were friends who i was comfortable tripping around, and had tripped with before.

We were talking and the shrooms came on quite strong. At one point I was sitting there talking and everyone's conversations started getting staccato like. Brief pauses in between words. Then everything stopped mid conversation. Everyone was still mouth open not moving. I even waved my hand in front of someone while they were still. Didn't notice.

This happened several times for 10 to 20 seconds. That was it for me.

"Sorry you lot I need to go lie down in a dark room, I'm tripping too hard."

Definitely waved my hand in front of someone tho. That was the moment I realised I had to be somewhere without humans.
Joe Hillshoist

Previous

Return to General Discussion