The X Factor

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The X Factor

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Friday, February 20, 2015

The X Factor

On the eve of the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Malcolm X, I would like to examine the evidence of government involvement. There's no question that there was a conspiracy where his assassination is concerned. The sequence of events on February 21, 1965 leave little doubt. From an article originally in Newsweek:

Death came moments after Malcolm stepped up to a flimsy plywood lectern in Manhattan's Audubon Ballroom, just north of Harlem, to address 400 of the faithful and the curious at a Sunday afternoon rally of his fledgling Organization of Afro-American Unity. The extermination plot was clever in conception, swift and smooth in execution. Two men popped to their feet in the front rows of wooden folding chairs, one yelling at the other: “Get your hands off my pockets, don't be messing with my pockets.” Four of Malcolm's six bodyguards moved toward the pair; Malcolm himself chided, “Let's cool it.”

Volley: Then came a second diversion: a man's sock, soaked in lighter fluid and set ablaze, flared in the rear. Heads swiveled, and as they did, a dark, muscular man moved toward the lectern in a crouch, a sawed-off shotgun wrapped in his coat. Blam-blam! A double-barreled charge ripped up through the lectern and into Malcolm's chest. From the left, near the spot where the two men had been squabbling, came a back-up volley of pistol fire.

Malcolm tumbled backward, his lean body rent by a dozen wounds, his heels hooked over a fallen chair. The hall was bedlam. Malcolm's pregnant wife, Betty, rushed on stage screaming, “They're killing my husband!” His retainers fired wildly through the crowd at the fleeing killers. Four assailants made it to side doors and disappeared.

The man with the shotgun, identified by police as 22-year-old Talmadge Hayer of Paterson, N.J., dashed down a side aisle to the stairway exit from the second floor ballroom. From the landing, one of Malcolm's bodyguards winged him in the thigh with a .45-caliber slug. Howling in pursuit (“Kill the bastard!”), the ballroom crowd caught Hayer on the sidewalk, mauled him, and broke his ankle before police rescued him.

Hayer was charged with homicide. Five days later, police picked up a karate-trained Muslim “enforcer,” Norman 3X Butler, 26, as suspect No. 2.

The arrest of a Muslim surprised almost no one. For all his many enemies, Malcolm himself had insisted to the end that it was the Muslims who wanted him dead. They seemed to dog him everywhere he went; a bare week before his death, he was firebombed out of his Queens home, the ownership of which he had been disputing with the Muslims.

Malcolm X 1925-1965

Beyond the obvious role the Nation of Islam (NOI) played, I want to explore the role of government agencies. To do so, I am not going do my usual thing as I do when exploring the role of government agencies in the JFK assassination. I will not be quoting from books dedicated to investigating government conspiracy in Malcolm X's assassination, though I know there are a number of well written books on the subject. What I will do is quote from a single history book, the National Book Award finalist Malcolm X A Life of Reinvention by the late Manning Marable. And I will use an evidentiary standard familiar to many investigators of the 9/11 conspiracy: LIHOP, or Let It Happen On Purpose, as opposed to MIHOP, or Made It Happen On Purpose.

I've always rolled my eyes at the "debate" between LIHOP and MIHOP as those acronyms were used to assign responsibility for the 9/11 debacle. To my mind, the two terms represent a logical fallacy, a distinction without a difference. It's quite possible the assassination of Malcolm X was LIHOP for the FBI and Martin Luther King was MIHOP. So fucking what?! They're still responsible. Whether they latch on to another organization's plot already in progress and help facilitate it by removing impediments or hatch the plot on their own, the intent to have the plot succeed is the same. I've written before about how the 9/11 Truth movement lost direction and momentum; perhaps if more people had understood the logical fallacy at play, the search for Truth might have lead to Justice.

For starters where the subject of conspiracy in the assassination of Malcolm X is concerned, let's look at the issue of security stripping. While Joseph E. Green in his review of Marable's book does an excellent job illustrating how unusual and often unwarranted security changes contributed to facilitating the assassinations of JFK, RFK and Fred Hampton, as well as the events of 9/11, I think Marable shows how the same factor was at play on February 21, 1965. Green quotes Marable in his review from page 445:

“For the detectives working the case, too many facts didn’t make sense. The request from Malcolm’s team that the usual police detail be pulled back several blocks from the Audubon seemed strange, as did the police’s agreement to do so in light of the recent firebombing. The detectives were also suspicious when they learned that nearly all the MMI and OAAU security had been unarmed and that none of the audience had been checked for weapons.”

As far as government agency complicity is concerned, Marable spells out how he sees the truth of the assassination of Malcolm X in his book as early as page 13:

"Although in 1966 three NOI members were convicted of the murder, extensive evidence suggests that two of these men were completely innocent of the crime, that both the FBI and the NYPD had advance knowledge of it, and that the New York County District Attorney's office may have cared more about protecting the identities of undercover police officers and informants than arresting the real killers."

The two innocent men erroneously convicted for the crime are Norman 3X Butler and Thomas 15X Johnson. (Both were paroled during the 1980s.) Both men had alibis for the time of the assassination, yet were convicted largely by prosecution witness Cary 2X Thomas, who "prosecutors and police persuaded ... to revise his testimony" regarding the shooter, and undermined by defense witness Charles Kenyatta, who under cross-examination identified Johnson and Butler as members of an NOI "hundred-man enforcing squad." What was not revealed at the time was that Kenyatta was an informant for the NYPD (New York Police Department) and BOSS (Bureau of Special Services and Investigation), a secret operations unit within NYPD.

After their 1966 conviction, the patsies Butler and Johnson were sentenced to life in prison. The third man convicted, Talmadge Hayer, signed an affidavit in early 1978 that four other "torpedoes from New Jersey" were responsible for killing Malcolm X. Famed attorney William Kunstler petitioned to the appellate division of the New York State Supreme Court for a new trial for Johnson and Butler. But the FBI refused to release its findings about the assassination to the court. On November 1, 1978, Justice Harold J. Rothwax denied the motion to set aside their convictions and refused to set a new trial. This was during a time when the U.S. House Select Committee on Assassinations was investigating the assassinations of Reverend Martin Luther King, President John F. Kennedy. Yet despite a petition signed by Ossie Davis, Huey P. Newton and Maxine Waters, no congressional hearings were held.

Regarding the four other men named in Hayer's affidavit, the most notorious is Willie Bradley. Identified by journalist Abdur-Rahman Muhammad as being "the man who fired the first and deadliest shot" killing Malcolm X, he was charged with robbing the Livingston National Bank of Livingston, New Jersey on April 11, 1968. But he received "privileged treatment", as Marable put it, and the charges against him were dismissed. He wrote about it in more detail on page 475:

Bradley's special treatment by the criminal justice system in 1969-70 raises the question of whether he was an FBI informant, either after the assassination of Malcolm X or very possibly even before. It would perhaps explain why Bradley took a different exit from the murder scene than the other two shooters, shielding him from the crowd's retaliation. It suggests that Bradley and possibly other Newark mosque members may have actively collaborated on the shooting with local law enforcement and/or the FBI. The existing evidence raises the question of whether the murder of Malcolm X was not the initiative of the Nation of Islam alone.

There have been some recent articles highlighting this research noting that Bradley is still alive, residing in Newark under the name Al-Mustafa Shabazz. It's certainly important to remember that there is no statute of limitations in this country for the crime of murder. But I believe it's more important to remember that to focus on the trigger man to the exclusion of the organizations that set him up just creates another patsy which deflects from the pursuit of real justice. But let's at least get the ball rolling on a pursuit that's been asleep for 50 years.

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: The X Factor

Postby slimmouse » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Thanks for this SRP.

To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause.

Not quite Malcolm X, but someone else with the X factor quoting some songwriter.

Both Malcolm X and Ryhdian-X-factor-Roberts express a very similar outlook on this mortal coil, or at least so it would appear.....

.... to reach the unreachable star
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:24 pm

slimmouse » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:47 pm wrote:Thanks for this SRP.

To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause.

Not quite Malcolm X, but someone else with the X factor quoting some songwriter.

Both Malcolm X and Ryhdian-X-factor-Roberts express a very similar outlook on this mortal coil, or at least so it would appear.....

.... to reach the unreachable star

Thanks slimmouse. Sounds like a humorous juxtaposition. Unfortunately when I tried to watch, I was told "This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." So fuck SME. Or fuck America. I'm tired of capital dictating my access to entertainment.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby Elvis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:33 pm

The YouTube licensing arrangement with the licensing agencies is essentially a good thing, because artists get paid for the YouTube plays. I recently posted a video on YT that contained copyrighted music (bad me!) and the YouTube 'analyzers' immediately detected all three pieces. But they didn't block it; they just use that information to pay the composers, for whom I'm glad. (And *I* don't have to pay it!) My girlfriend gets the occasional check from ASCAP, so in the end, it's good for the artists.

Now back to our regular programmi...er, topic.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:26 pm

Thanks for clarifying that, Elvis. If SME pays the composers in the same way you describe for ASCAP, then I withdraw the 'fuck you' directed at them. And America as well.

Yes, back to Malcolm X.

Legacy of Malcolm X ignored by millions, including namesakes

March 2, 2015
By Shannon Williams, The indianapolis Recorder

Is it just me or does less attention seem to be shown toward the life and legacy of Malcolm X?

Regardless of one’s political views or even their opinion of Malcolm, his actions and activism have left an indelible mark on the history of America and that fact should never be ignored or erased from the history books.

Feb. 21 marked the 50th anniversary of Malcolm’s death, yet most people would not have realized that simply because few people and even fewer media outlets talked about the occasion. Bothered by the lack of attention for the commemoration of Malcolm’s death, I decided to investigate to see what some entities that bore the Malcolm X name did in recognition of the slain advocate’s death.

The results were pitiful. Actually they were embarrassing and disrespectful.

Indiana’s own Wabash College has the Malcolm X Institute of Black Studies, initially dedicated in 1970 and rededicated in 2002; the institute “promotes educational, cultural, and social programs of concern to the citizens of Wabash College and Crawfordsville.”

I called the institute and asked if any events or recognitions were done to commemorate Malcolm’s death. The answer was “no.” While a lecture was given early in the week, the focus was on social justice and lots of the content was centered on the unrest in Ferguson, Mo.

I scoured the institute’s website as well as Wabash College’s site hoping to find something about Malcolm – at the least a picture with his birth year and birth date to pay homage, but there was nothing.

That is unfortunate.

But my investigative inquiries didn’t end there. Our neighboring state of Illinois has Malcolm X College, a two-year institution located on the Westside of Chicago. “Surely a college named after Malcolm would have something special planned to honor his legacy,” I thought to myself as I made my way through the directory looking for the appropriate person to answer my questions.

As was the case with the Malcolm X Institute, Malcolm X College did not do anything to commemorate the death of the school’s namesake. There wasn’t even an internal email sent out to faculty and students, nor was there mention of it anywhere on the school’s website. Certainly ironic since Malcolm X’s image is visible throughout the college as an ever-present reminder. There is something to be said about being blind to something staring you in the face. Even more insulting is the ad Malcolm X College, a division of City Colleges of Chicago has on its website promoting Black History Month. The ad has images of prominent people in Black history including Martin Luther King Jr., Frederick Douglass and Marian Anderson.

The ad states, “City Colleges of Chicago. Black History Month. A Century of Black Life, History and Culture. February 2015.” Malcolm X’s image was not included on the ad promoting the school named after him, a woeful disregard to Malcolm.

If entities named after Malcolm aren’t paying homage to his legacy, how can we truly expect others to do the same?

Over the years Malcolm has continuously been compared to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.. And many reference Malcolm as a rogue thug who was an extremist, while uplifting King as a saint of sorts. While I appreciate both men’s philosophical views, it is unfair to ignore the change of perspective Malcolm had later in his life. It is also imperative to examine the full person and their life’s circumstances which may foster a better understanding of their views relative to certain issues and topics.

Malcolm’s father was brutally killed and although his head was crushed on one side and almost severed from his body, officials ruled the death a suicide. Case managers pitted Malcolm and his siblings against one another, his mother had a nervous breakdown and never recovered, and Malcolm was placed in foster care at age 6. After eighth grade, Malcolm dropped out of school and began a life of crime, which eventually landed him in prison for six years. It was there he was exposed to the teachings of Elijah Muhammad and his life was forever changed.

To put things in context, at that time, Malcolm was relatively uneducated and perhaps a bit impressionable. When someone took an interest in him and showed him something that was more positive than the life he’d previously known, he gravitated toward that concept.

However, as Malcolm matured, began to think more independently, and visited Mecca, he realized thinking white people were devils was wrong and his views changed. He returned to America as El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz and while he was still committed to fighting discrimination of Blacks and was convinced that only we could truly free ourselves, he also shifted his focus to advocate for human rights in general.

Malcolm, or rather El-Hajj was morphing into a man with an increased moral compass that would have helped this country evolve at a more rapid rate.

We are all works in progress and this was true for Malcolm. He was a work in progress and I believe the best part of him was yet to be seen because of his savage assassins. Malcolm was known to say that he would be more important in death than in life.

We must honor his life’s work by not allowing his death to be in vain – this means giving him his rightful place in history by recognizing his contributions. Not just on the anniversary of his birth or even his death; but every day.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby BrandonD » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:55 am

Elvis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:33 pm wrote:The YouTube licensing arrangement with the licensing agencies is essentially a good thing, because artists get paid for the YouTube plays. I recently posted a video on YT that contained copyrighted music (bad me!) and the YouTube 'analyzers' immediately detected all three pieces. But they didn't block it; they just use that information to pay the composers, for whom I'm glad. (And *I* don't have to pay it!) My girlfriend gets the occasional check from ASCAP, so in the end, it's good for the artists.

Now back to our regular programmi...er, topic.

That's good to know, because it's completely different on facebook (surprise!) - I recently posted a video of myself solving a rubik's cube and inserted Erik Satie music in the background. The video was immediately taken down because of copyrighted music. I had to actually compose it myself in order to post the video with music.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby Elvis » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:16 am

As I understand it, YouTube has arrangements with some -- but not all -- licensing organizations, I forget which, but I guess it covers 'most' of what gets posted. Some stuff is blocked altogether (e.g. anything by Frank Zappa not 'officially authorized' is detected and removed immediately if not sooner...I guess his family is very aggressive about that).

But I don't wanna stray too much from Malcolm X. I read his autiobigraphy when I was a teenager. Why do we always kill the best ones?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 am

Elvis » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:16 pm wrote:As I understand it, YouTube has arrangements with some -- but not all -- licensing organizations, I forget which, but I guess it covers 'most' of what gets posted. Some stuff is blocked altogether (e.g. anything by Frank Zappa not 'officially authorized' is detected and removed immediately if not sooner...I guess his family is very aggressive about that).

But I don't wanna stray too much from Malcolm X. I read his autiobigraphy when I was a teenager. Why do we always kill the best ones?

Part of the X-Factor is the effect of extraordinary propaganda on his image for many Americans of a certain age. Many people have been left thinking of him as a violence loving, white-hating extremist whackdoodle, when the truth is that he was *exactly the opposite*.

He actually seems a much more peaceful radiant soul than MLK, who was perhaps the more flawed, complex person of the two.
Searcher08

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Searcher08 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:09 am wrote:Part of the X-Factor is the effect of extraordinary propaganda on his image for many Americans of a certain age. Many people have been left thinking of him as a violence loving, white-hating extremist whackdoodle, when the truth is that he was *exactly the opposite*.

He actually seems a much more peaceful radiant soul than MLK, who was perhaps the more flawed, complex person of the two.

To some degree, I think TPTB were just fine with Malcolm X when he was with the Nation of Islam. The media could trumpet his most incendiary remarks, sometimes out of context, to scare White America into thinking, "We better be careful about rocking the status quo with civil rights for blacks. If we give in to the nice ones like Martin Luther King, they might get uppity and start acting like Malcolm X."

There's a lot of contrast between X and MLK, but there's one thing they share in common: they both became targets when they shifted their message to take on the system directly. For King, it was the Riverside speech April 4, 1967, one year to the date before his assassination, when he took on the War Machine by opposing the Vietnam War and addressing economic inequality. For X, it was leaving NOI and taking the trip to Mecca, putting the issues he was addressing in a global context. At that point, neither could be effective pawns in their game, they became a direct threat to stability of the system.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed May 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Courtesy of CTKA, I found this link for what's being called the "Black Zapruder" film: photographic proof that William Bradley was outside the Audubon Ballroom moments after Malcolm X was assassinated.

A WATERSHED MOMENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY
http://mxmission.blogspot.com/2014/03/a ... y.html?m=1
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Return to General Discussion