Just Saw My First Owl - Screen Memory?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Just Saw My First Owl - Screen Memory?

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:38 pm

There are owls that live in mine and my neighbors woods. It's fascinating to listen to them talk, most often in the evening and then sometimes early mornings. Was out for a walk Friday night and must have startled one with the snowfall dampening the sounds of my steps. It fluttered out of a tree with a bustling rustle about 20 feet away.

A few years back I was sitting in my backyard reading at sunrise and one came swooping down right over me. Totally freaked me out as the wingspan was huge. There are lots of bald eagles nearby as well that nest. Quite a treat. The same year that happened I was sitting outside reading at sunrise on my birthday and a red fox came flying by within about 8 feet of me. Happened so fast, was very cool. Critters in the hood are awesome.
Karmamatterz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:07 am

One of these little voyeurs perched right outside my window in the middle of last night and serenaded me for about 15 minutes.

He/she sounded just like this (I sounded like Vinny, sans the gun, but my 130 pound Mastiff cross 'protector' didn't even blink an eye :wink )

\
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oiy5RcDf40
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby 0_0 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:48 am

playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby minime » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:00 am

A hoot owl lives in a tree about 40 feet from my bedroom window.

It lulls me to sleep at night.

Maybe it's calling my name.
minime

Postby Cordelia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Malibu Beach during Woolsey Fire; photo by WallySkalij, LA Times
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby elfismiles » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Mike Clelland: The Owl Man
Posted on October 8, 2018 by Greg

LISTEN/DOWNLOAD
http://radiomisterioso.com/audio/Mike_C ... _25_18.mp3

http://radiomisterioso.com/2018/10/08/m ... e-owl-man/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby chump » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 am

Yesterday evening, hearing the hooters behind my house, I stepped outside to snap some shots:

one the wire

one on top of the telephone pole
chump

Postby chump » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am

Today, I noticed one owl, then two, tucked between and beneath the branches and bristly needles of the next door neighbor’s super tall pine tree, so I stepped little closer to snap a better shot through the still sprinkling snow.

chump

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Maybe I can help clarify things as someone who has experienced being with "the greys". We all know that there's no such thing as aliens, right? We've been bathed in this, it is tacit understanding of nearly all earthly beings world view. Our consciousness basically function on the assumption that there are no aliens and you will never come into contact with one. So, when you do, your brain goes haywire. As a child, without the pre-conceived notions or social programming of an adult, it was easier and not as threatening (usually) to be in the presence of a "grey". As an adult, an immediate and extremely dire threat alarm goes off in your brain/self if and when you come into contact with one of these beings. It is an extremely terrifying experience that is somewhat akin to an out of body experience. There is no way or any words I could use to describe the shock that occurs during these interactions. This is unfortunate because I don't find them to be threatening or malicious. It has also caused me to react with violence towards them from time to time and this is a violation of who I try to be. I don't believe in the use of violence at all, but shear terror can invoke it. The human mind becomes extremely traumatized during these moments and begins this odd feedback loop of repeating over and over to itself, "What is it?! What is it?! What is it!?" The complete unfamiliarity given the appearance of the peculiar being (the classic grey alien face with almond shaped eyes) sends that fight or flight instinct into overdrive. Often, due to the extreme trauma, the mind begins cycling through animals that are familiar to classify this unexpected creature into. Given the shape of the "greys" face, think something like a guitar pick shape with the huge black slanting eyes, one of the animals the mind might screen memory or impose over the actuality of what it is seeing in an attempt to protect the being from trauma is the owl. Its really the only animal that has large black eyes, is sometimes a greyish-white and the shape of an owl itself somewhat resembles the head of a "grey". This is why some associate these screen memories of owls with the appearance of "greys". A good example of how the human mind tries to protect itself from obscene trauma is in the final episodes of M*A*S*H where Hawkeye Pierce witness a Korean lady snuff out her crying child in order to prevent them from being located by the enemy. War is hell. He ends up in a psyche ward from this event. In his screen memory he tells the lady to stop her chicken from making so much noise or they are going to die. Only much later, in some regressive state does he remember it wasn't just a chicken, but her child that is killed in order for the rest to survive. The human mind can only take so much. I've only had one screen memory from my events where I replaced the "UFO" with an extremely low flying passenger plane. It was only when someone else who was with me on the day recalled the event differently/properly did I come to realize it was no ordinary day. I keep hearing from the religious types that the "greys" are demons and not real. I'll tell one very concerning thing the "greys" told me, "There is little hope for your species. You are circling the drain." I'll take that as a well reasoned truth. Sorry if you find that disturbing, so do I.

I'm listening to KEXP and the chemical brothers have a song quoting the movie Network, you know, the one that says, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

Soldier on my friends. Soldier on.
thrulookingglass

Postby chump » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Try the sativa and take a nap…

…not!!
chump

Previous

Return to General Discussion