Red Ice Creations

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Red Ice Creations

Postby yathrib » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:48 pm

I am comparing Red Ice's 2013 and 2014 lineups. It seems that its transition to a straight up fascist concern was pretty sudden. There was always an element of reactionary hysteria that turned me off to it shortly after I discovered it (example: the guest who thought Islam was a cover for the Jesuits), but most of it was pretty generic aliens and crystals fare.

I suppose I shouldn't be shocked to discover that the fascist mentality in "alternative" circles is not a bug, but a feature.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst that justice prevail.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
yathrib

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Red Ice Creations

Postby Jerky » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:18 am

Somebody caught the latest episode of Better Call Saul, I see!

:-)

As for Red Ice Creations, yeah, the sudden transition to unapologetic Hitler-worship was not COMPLETELY out of nowhere, but no less disturbing for its flagrancy. They're out-Rense-ing Rense, these days.

One thing I find upsetting about some of the "usual suspects" who make the rounds of these talk shows is that I've noticed some of them who used to identify pretty strongly with anti-fascism sort of turn down that aspect of their personas when they go on Red Ice and other, like-minded venues.

One particularly galling case is Kubrick conspiracy theorist (and pretty solid alchemy scholar) Jay Widener, someone whose work I occasionally found amusing (the Kubrick stuff) and even enlightening (his work on alchemy). He was recently on Rense's radio show and kind of half-heartedly engaged in a bit of race-baiting. I thought it was even worse for the fact that his heart obviously wasn't in it.

Jerky
Jerky

Postby RocketMan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:26 am

There is already a thread concerning this outfit... But my search function seems to be out of order for now so I can't find it. Better stay consolidated anyhoo.

But yeah, I agree about the suddenness... They hosted Peter Dale Scott just a couple of years ago, for Pete's sakes. Then again, I guess researchers on the margins, even as astute as Scott, are not always able to vet properly the places they appear. Might be the nature of the beast when working on the fringes.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby cptmarginal » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:47 am

RocketMan wrote:There is already a thread concerning this outfit... But my search function seems to be out of order for now so I can't find it. Better stay consolidated anyhoo.

But yeah, I agree about the suddenness... They hosted Peter Dale Scott just a couple of years ago, for Pete's sakes. Then again, I guess researchers on the margins, even as astute as Scott, are not always able to vet properly the places they appear. Might be the nature of the beast when working on the fringes.

There was a pretty good discussion going here: Red Ice Radio

Another recently launched show under the Red Ice brand is Radio 3Fourteen. Recent episodes include "The Truth About South Africa," "The Northern War of Aggression & Civil War Disinfo," and one featuring "the author of a 48-page booklet titled Auschwitz: The Underground Guided Tour, What the Tour Guides Don’t Tell You at Auschwitz-Birkenau"

:deadhorse:

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/03/11/world ... arged.html

'Beating a Dead Nazi Horse'

Also listed as Paperclip recruits were three defendants acquitted at Nuremberg. Washington arranged for a fourth Paperclip scientist, Walter Schreiber, to be flown from the United States to Argentina in 1952 after disclosure of documents linking him to the Nazi euthanasia program.

Arthur Rudolph, a German-born top manager for NASA, moved back to West Germany and surrendered his American citizenship last year rather than contest charges that he had worked slave laborers to death at a Nazi rocket factory. His file too was revised, records show.

As told in the documents, by mid-1947 Paperclip had reached ''a complete stalemate,'' according to a memorandum by the director of the Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency, Capt. Bosquet N. Wev of the Navy. Captain Wev, now thought to be dead, complained that the State Department was ''beating a dead Nazi horse'' by demanding additional time-consuming security checks of Paperclip candidates.
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby BrandonD » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:08 am

I've heard several people on this forum refer to Jeff Rense as a racist and other negative terms - I've only heard a few shows of his, in the context of interviewing people I like such as Catherine Austin Fitts - he came across as a doom-and-gloom kind of guy but not particularly fascist or evil. It seems I'm under-informed about him, so I'm wondering if someone can refer me to articles or other writings of his that are particularly racist or fascist so that I can get a better perspective of why people think of him in this way?
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby jakell » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:03 am

BrandonD » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:08 am wrote:I've heard several people on this forum refer to Jeff Rense as a racist and other negative terms - I've only heard a few shows of his, in the context of interviewing people I like such as Catherine Austin Fitts - he came across as a doom-and-gloom kind of guy but not particularly fascist or evil. It seems I'm under-informed about him, so I'm wondering if someone can refer me to articles or other writings of his that are particularly racist or fascist so that I can get a better perspective of why people think of him in this way?

The word fascist was included in the first post, and echoed from then on.

A clear signal that any nuance introduced may be patted on the head and entertained briefly for appearence' sake, but not taken seriously. After all, fascism is the subject.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby elfismiles » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 am

Brandon, a long-time friend of RI "Professor Pan" spoke on the issue a couple times over the years:

Rense is a Nazi scumbag
Post by professorpan » 20 May 2008 20:07
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17768

search.php?keywords=jeff+rense+nazi&terms=all&author=professorpan&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

BTW - The Prof is a great guy. :coolshades

BrandonD » 27 Feb 2015 11:08 wrote:I've heard several people on this forum refer to Jeff Rense as a racist and other negative terms - I've only heard a few shows of his, in the context of interviewing people I like such as Catherine Austin Fitts - he came across as a doom-and-gloom kind of guy but not particularly fascist or evil. It seems I'm under-informed about him, so I'm wondering if someone can refer me to articles or other writings of his that are particularly racist or fascist so that I can get a better perspective of why people think of him in this way?
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby yathrib » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:21 am

In referring to the subject as fascist, I was being nuanced. What else would you call it?

Rense seems to me to be a useful idiot, like my aunt who forwards right wing fear propaganda on facebook, except that he has a radio program, she doesn't. He seems to agree with whomever he's spoken to last, and these days he only speaks to Nazis. A look at his dreadfully designed website (it does to my eyes what the blitz did to London) with its Jewish octopus cartoons reveals all anyone needs to know.

Palmgren seems like an affable, intelligent guy who is capable of doing a decent interview in what is for him a second language. A second language he speaks better than Rense, BTW. I wonder what this Lana Loktieff chick has to do with all this. Is he dating her? Does he feel a need to impress her?

EDIT: I'm not yet familiar with Better Call Saul. By deduction, I assume you are referring to the colorful "not bug, but feature" phrase, which predates the show by many years. What I mean to say is that once one gets into the habit of believing things on the basis of no evidence, or believing things because one would really like them to be true, or simply believing things because it feels good and enhances one's self esteem, all bets are off.
Last edited by yathrib on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst that justice prevail.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
yathrib

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:31 am

This is a pretty thorough piece: http://www.isgp.nl/2014_08_Coast_to_Coast_AM_cult
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Perelandra » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:28 pm

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby jakell » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:46 pm

yathrib » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:21 pm wrote:In referring to the subject as fascist, I was being nuanced. What else would you call it?

Rense seems to me to be a useful idiot, like my aunt who forwards right wing fear propaganda on facebook, except that he has a radio program, she doesn't. He seems to agree with whomever he's spoken to last, and these days he only speaks to Nazis. A look at his dreadfully designed website (it does to my eyes what the blitz did to London) with its Jewish octopus cartoons reveals all anyone needs to know.

Palmgren seems like an affable, intelligent guy who is capable of doing a decent interview in what is for him a second language. A second language he speaks better than Rense, BTW. I wonder what this Lana Loktieff chick has to do with all this. Is he dating her? Does he feel a need to impress her?

EDIT: I'm not yet familiar with Better Call Saul. By deduction, I assume you are referring to the colorful "not bug, but feature" phrase, which predates the show by many years. What I mean to say is that once one gets into the habit of believing things on the basis of no evidence, or believing things because one would really like them to be true, or simply believing things because it feels good and enhances one's self esteem, all bets are off.

'Fascist' is mostly an empty snarl word nowadays and tends to polarise discussions into meaningless poo-slinging. Even RI is not immune to this as the no-go zone (to most) surrounding AD's output demonstrates.

A more useful term is far right or right-wing, but even those can get pulled towards the above black hole.

(I'm not that familar with Rense BTW, I'm talking of Red Ice)
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby Jerky » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:55 am

Brandon and Jakell - if you harbor any doubts about where Rense's sympathies lie, simply mosey on over to RENSE.COM for Pete's sake. It's half Holocaust revision and reports on "Jewish" crimes and criminals.

J
Jerky

Postby Elvis » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:10 am

Thanks for that, I started it, will have to read more later. I have many quibbles with the writer, so far, but I find his whole discussion really interesting.

I miss Art Bell. So what if Robert Bigelow, or whoever, financed his early shows. Art Bell's not 'perfect' -- he's kind of a blockhead on some things -- but he's the real deal. And unlike the current producers and host of the "C2C" show, who will put on any hack who's written a book about gnomes or UFOs, Art Bell selected his guests very carefully, he did all his own booking, he's a good interviewer, and where else could you hear all those people? Remember, he banned David Icke after one show. Sure there were local "paranormal" radio shows here and there, and the Internet was catching on, but there was nothing quite like a classic Art Bell show.

P.S. I had to read the Google cache, the link is/was dead
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby BrandonD » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:28 am

Thanks for the links everyone, I've read them and I get an impression of the typical "white man fear" going on there. I can't get on board that train.

I have learned from my family that racist people are not necessarily bad people, they are just not very smart people.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby jakell » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:18 am

Jerky » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:55 am wrote:Brandon and Jakell - if you harbor any doubts about where Rense's sympathies lie, simply mosey on over to RENSE.COM for Pete's sake. It's half Holocaust revision and reports on "Jewish" crimes and criminals.

I'd pretty much heard this second hand anyway, and have never really looked into the site.

I've followed Red Ice's change though and I'm not much surprised at the direction he's taken. It's pretty much his mission statement that he goes where no one else will and talks about the things that no-one else dares to talk about, and right/far-right stuff is becoming increasingly the arena for that nowadays; anything from the left is predictable, cloying and managed.

I myself have found myself reading that sort of stuff simply for a fresh angle. It's the internet so one cannot become infected.
jakell

Next

Return to General Discussion