Republican candidate for Missouri Gov "suicide"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Republican candidate for Missouri Gov "suicide"

Postby Lord Balto » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Nordic » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:29 pm wrote:
Smells like low grade bullshit.

Are there any fucking investigative jounalists at all anymore?

They tend to kill themselves also.

Reminds me of Dorothy Kilgallen who was about to publish a story based on a private interview with Jack Ruby and just coincidentally decided to kill herself the day before. Of course the story was never seen again.
Lord Balto

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby nashvillebrook » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 pm

The only thing scarier than the speculation I'm mustering is the *official story* that the candidate shot himself based on the potential that CATHOLIC donors would shun him for having a Jewish grandpa. I mean, with the new anti-gay law in Indiana, and RW governors going apeshit for culture wars, this all seems very nazi-ish to me. Nazi-like? Nazi-esque? Have the heartland states been completely overtaken by the John Birch Society? Is this where we're at?

Any rational theory I can come up with (mostly involving criminal or sexual activity) pales in comparison to their established narrative, b/c in this narrative we're in an America I no longer recognize. Recog-nazi?
nashvillebrook

Postby justdrew » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:01 am

nashvillebrook » 30 Mar 2015 16:51 wrote:The only thing scarier than the speculation I'm mustering is the *official story* that the candidate shot himself based on the potential that CATHOLIC donors would shun him for having a Jewish grandpa. I mean, with the new anti-gay law in Indiana, and RW governors going apeshit for culture wars, this all seems very nazi-ish to me. Nazi-like? Nazi-esque? Have the heartland states been completely overtaken by the John Birch Society? Is this where we're at?

Any rational theory I can come up with (mostly involving criminal or sexual activity) pales in comparison to their established narrative, b/c in this narrative we're in an America I no longer recognize. Recog-nazi?

pretty much, you read this?

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38910

I think it's long past time WE started organizing some fucking self defense forces, or shall we just sit around and wait for the American Christians to go Rwanda on us. Or is it Rahowa? I'm not even going to start t elucidate the terrifically terrible tactical situation 'we' are in, but I would suggest that there are many people learning a great deal from the ISIS experiment.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Nordic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:35 am

justdrew » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:01 pm wrote:
nashvillebrook » 30 Mar 2015 16:51 wrote:The only thing scarier than the speculation I'm mustering is the *official story* that the candidate shot himself based on the potential that CATHOLIC donors would shun him for having a Jewish grandpa. I mean, with the new anti-gay law in Indiana, and RW governors going apeshit for culture wars, this all seems very nazi-ish to me. Nazi-like? Nazi-esque? Have the heartland states been completely overtaken by the John Birch Society? Is this where we're at?

I think it's long past time WE started organizing some fucking self defense forces, or shall we just sit around and wait for the American Christians to go Rwanda on us. Or is it Rahowa? I'm not even going to start t elucidate the terrifically terrible tactical situation 'we' are in, but I would suggest that there are many people learning a great deal from the ISIS experiment.

Well .... No. Fearing each other is what "they" want. And "they" aren't a bunch of Midwestern church-goers, "they" are the true NeoNazi fascists who took over this country post WW2 and committed their coup in 1963 and re-upped their coup on 9/11.

Listen, this guy was onto some serious corruption in Missouri (which goes back decades and is entrenched) and they bumped him off. And now this other guy. Pure gangsterism. Are they right-wing? Probably. The ones I knew in Missouri certainly were, and were in the KKK to boot. But the point was crime and money and power first and foremost.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby justdrew » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:56 am

Nordic » 30 Mar 2015 21:35 wrote:

Well .... No. Fearing each other is what "they" want. And "they" aren't a bunch of Midwestern church-goers, "they" are the true NeoNazi fascists who took over this country post WW2 and committed their coup in 1963 and re-upped their coup on 9/11.

Listen, this guy was onto some serious corruption in Missouri (which goes back decades and is entrenched) and they bumped him off. And now this other guy. Pure gangsterism. Are they right-wing? Probably. The ones I knew in Missouri certainly were, and were in the KKK to boot. But the point was crime and money and power first and foremost.

yeah, it's called the "building up" phase, some rob banks, others run states, when they can.
justdrew

Postby Nordic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:10 am

I guess my point is that these people aren't religious. Unless you count the worship of money and power.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby justdrew » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:28 am

Nordic » 30 Mar 2015 22:10 wrote:I guess my point is that these people aren't religious. Unless you count the worship of money and power.

It doesn't matter if they are or aren't, they say they are, and use it as an organizational/motivational tool.

There is a risk, and it needs to be planned for, because the eventuality of thousands of 'rouge' war-bands falling on largely defenseless populations would be totally unacceptable. All they have to do is implement the same methods long displayed from afpak to tripolli and the likely lackluster government response will be completely ineffective, especially when a quarter or more of the cops and military defect.

That said, it's not as though I'm prepared to buy a gun or anything, so it'll go down as more empty talk, but I do think more people need to start considering just how badly things could go and how fast, I guess I advocate 'passive preparedness' at this point, concepts, strategy development, etc.
justdrew

Postby nashvillebrook » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:19 am

Nordic » 31 Mar 2015 05:35 wrote:
justdrew » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:01 pm wrote:

yes -- my gut tells me crime and corruption. that's when these things happen like THIS, and i'm hoping it's crime/corruption. but we may never know and that's really sad b/c i guarantee you that if this is C/C, then plenty more people in their political cadre who know what happened, and there's should be some willing to talk.

down thread BPH asked if there were any investigative journos anymore. well, no there's very few, and those who remain at city papers are covering beats that used to be covered by 2-3 other reporters. investigative work doesn't make friends with the ad-buyers, so it isn't given priority in editorial meetings.

BUT, how different this would be if there were adequate coverage. This story, Ferguson, just about anything in FL -- if we felt like we understood what's going on, we might be more inclined to get involved and say "hell no" when things go awry.

Lately though, i feel like there's entrenched ideologies that have been festering for generations, and have gone unnoticed -- papered over with Chamber of Commerce talking points -- and they're not American values as we know them.
nashvillebrook

Postby conniption » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:48 pm

Rachel Maddow - Second suicide shocks Missouri Republicans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krr57jUnADE
Licentiathe8th

Published on Mar 31, 2015

Mar 30, 2015
Just weeks after Missouri state auditor and candidate for governor Tom Schweich shot himself, Spence Jackson, his communications director has also been found dead of apparent suicide. Dave Helling, columnist for the Kansas City Star, joins for discussion.
conniption

Thanks Obama.

Postby IanEye » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:14 pm

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Grizzly » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:40 pm

How do we know this is true, that this guy is dead? How do we really even know there was a Tom Schweich, for that matter...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Ted Cruz Adviser Admits to Making Ad That Allegedly Drove Missouri Pol to Suicide

by Tina Nguyen | 12:05 pm, April 16th, 2015

In his first interview since two suicides rocked the Missouri governor’s race, political consultant Jeff Roe admitted that he was the man behind an ad that allegedly drove Tom Schweich, a frontrunner in the state’s GOP primary, to kill himself.

Roe, who is currently managing Texas Sen. Ted Cruz‘s presidential campaign, said in an interview with The Kansas City Star that had he known about Schweich’s mental state, he would have never run the ad, which compared the state auditor to a “little bug” who could easily be manipulated. He paid $8,300 out of pocket to run the television spot, via Citizens for Fairness in Missouri, during an airing of The Rush Limbaugh Show.

Prior to his death, Schweich had alleged that he was the subject of an anti-Semitic whisper campaign in the GOP, despite the fact that he was not Jewish. He was, however, described as an emotionally fragile man who spoke frequently of suicide, and a recent Washington Post feature revealed that his friends and family had tried to dissuade the lawyer and Chief of Staff to three U.N. ambassadors from running. During the funeral, Schweich’s political mentor, former Sen. John Danforth (R), alluded to Roe as a “bully”. Weeks later, Schweich’s aide, Spence Jackson, killed himself as well.

Roe denied that he had a personal feud with Schweich, adding that he had discussed potentially working for his campaign prior to his announcement “There’s no way that anyone could ever go through and be a part of the political landscape and not be impacted by the tragedies that have happened the last two months,” Roe said. “It’s sad. It was never expected. It’s an awful time.”

Roe, who currently works for GOP candidate Catherine Hanaway, mentioned that while he would still have a small role in her campaign, he would decrease his involvement. “She had a very aggressive conversation with me afterwards about my participation in the race and what it would look like if I wanted to stay involved going forward,” he said.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Previous

Return to General Discussion