The Germanwings crash in France

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Germanwings crash in France

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:17 am

Elvis » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:54 am wrote:All I can tell you is what I saw...

If I understand you correctly, all of that is an indication of how seriously they took making a copy of that tape back then? Presumably making sure no unauthorised copies or leaks occurred?
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby lucky » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:21 am

Planes dropping out the sky and /or dissapearing is becoming to common to be classified as 'bad luck' - if these were all terrorist sucesses then tptb would not want that splashed across the newspapers (unless it was to their advantage) as it would seriously disrupt the flight/holiday industry - big bucks. I for one am getting concerned at the rate of which planes are going down and will be taking a ferry this summer.
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:56 am

Independent verification that it was deliberate:

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/ ... at?p=64616
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby dbcooper41 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:20 pm

I keep wondering who else was on the plane as a passenger. Any scientists, diplomats or promising savants?

well, there is this.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/03/breaking-news-pentagon-contractor-daughter-among-french-alps-plane-crash-victims-112593.html
for some reason pics of the mom seem to be pretty rare.
and it seem the "co pilot wanted to destroy the plane" theme has been adopted a little quickly.
didn't that "happen" in the flight 800 crash?
and who is the third american victim?
dbcooper41

Postby elfismiles » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:18 pm

The Copycat Effect and Aircraft Suicides
March 26, 2015
Should we be on the lookout for aircraft-related copycat suicides in the wake of the news regarding the cause of Flight 9525's demise?

... sociologist David Phillips noted in 1978 that airplane accident fatalities normally increase just after newspaper stories about murder and suicide. Phillips found an increase in both suicides and murder-suicides following other well-publicized suicides and murder-suicides, including suicides hidden in unrecognized aircraft accidents - especially in single-plane wrecks. Phillips’s theory about a follow-on increase in plane crashes noted some “disguised suicides” followed soon after high media attention to suicides in the news.
Citations:

Coleman, Loren. The Copycat Effect: How the Media and Popular Culture Trigger the Mayhem in Tomorrow's Headlines. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2004.

Phillips, David P. “Airplane Accident Fatalities Increase just After Newspaper Stories About Suicide and Murder,” Science 20, August 25, 1978.

Phillips, David P. “Airplane Accidents, Murder, and the Mass Media: Towards a Theory of Imitation and Suggestions,” Social Forces 58:4, June 1980.

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2015/ ... ycats.html

9525: Alexandra David-Néel, Digne-les-Bains, and Siegfried
March 25, 2015
http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2015/ ... -neel.html
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Nordic » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Harvey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:09 am wrote:It's far too soon for me to be getting directed down any speculative path, but why the rush to get this story into the media? It's unseemly, especially in light of the friends and families affected. I can see who might apparently benefit from the way this is being handled, but it's leaving a really bad taste. With one obvious exception, I don't recall anything like this in the event of an unexplained plane crash where the long process of investigation has been so immediately undermined by those leading it.

Anyway, it doesn't fit the profile of 'terrorism.' From the excerpts above, what happened seems fairly clear, despite the mind boggling question of what possible motive for such an elaborately selfish suicide.

I stress, I am absolutely not leading anywhere with this question but I have to ask: Is it possible to hack the remote flight system on a commercial airliner? At face value, that possibility doesn't seem to apply, but as others have commented, this is rapidly becoming bizarre.

Yes, absolutely. We have a thread on that right now:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38897

I wish there was a transcript of this. The show is over 2 hours long. but yeah that exact system has existed for years. That's why I said this makes me think of Michael Hastings. Except for the reported silence from the copilot. But should we believe that? The immediacy at which they concluded this thing is pretty suspect.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:06 pm

Harvey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:09 am wrote:It's far too soon for me to be getting directed down any speculative path, but why the rush to get this story into the media?

Advertising income. That's the entire point of our media -- it's certainly not there to inform anyone.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby zangtang » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:17 pm

I haven't seen anyone question whether the co-pilot was conscious......
they can hear him breathing on the cvr.....
that doesn't mean he's conscious.

unless n if that control that initiates the descent can only be operated manually
- or hacked remotely, which i think is what you're already discussing
zangtang

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:49 pm

dbcooper41 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:20 am wrote:
I keep wondering who else was on the plane as a passenger. Any scientists, diplomats or promising savants?

well, there is this.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/03/breaking-news-pentagon-contractor-daughter-among-french-alps-plane-crash-victims-112593.html
for some reason pics of the mom seem to be pretty rare.
and it seem the "co pilot wanted to destroy the plane" theme has been adopted a little quickly.
didn't that "happen" in the flight 800 crash?
and who is the third american victim?

Daresay that she is at least a 'fatality of interest'.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Elvis » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Just a note for the record:

I haven't seen mention of a ground proximity warning system alert; one would expect that plane to have one, and to hear the device sound off, "Pull! Up! Pull! Up!" (or whatever it says nowadays) when the jet got too close to the ground. That should be on the recording but no mention of it.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby psynapz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Elvis » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:21 pm wrote:Just a note for the record:

I haven't seen mention of a ground proximity warning system alert; one would expect that plane to have one, and to hear the device sound off, "Pull! Up! Pull! Up!" (or whatever it says nowadays) when the jet got too close to the ground. That should be on the recording but no mention of it.

I heard a CBS radio news report this morning that described the audio as hearing breathing, then an alarm, then the sound of impact.
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Nordic » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:09 pm

They keep repeating this inanity: "he can be heard breathing so we know he wasn't unconscious."

WHAT? Last I checked unconscious people are still breathing. So the only thing they can say is that he wasn't dead. Yet.

This is all very weird.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Elvis » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:12 pm

psynapz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm wrote:
Elvis » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:21 pm wrote:Just a note for the record:

I heard a CBS radio news report this morning that described the audio as hearing breathing, then an alarm, then the sound of impact.

Oh, okay -- thanks, psynapz.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:00 pm

So, it seems Lubitz was declared unfit for work that day. A note from his dr. excusing him from work that fatal day was found in his apartment.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Asta » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:25 pm

It appears that the doctor was right.
Asta

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion