Best wing-nut chain mail evar

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Best wing-nut chain mail evar

Postby norton ash » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Gee, thanks, grandpa. In its entirety.

Excellent, don’t miss a word.....

We Are All Flying on the Germanwings Plane ... Will We Just Wait?

Crash Position

The pilot was locked out of the cockpit.

That phrase finally revealed the full horror of the crash of Germanwings flight 9525. Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz waited for the pilot to leave the cockpit, then locked the door to prevent his re-entry. After which Lubitz, for reasons unknown and perhaps unknowable, deliberately steered the jet into a harrowing 8-minute plunge ending in an explosive 434 mph impact with a rocky mountainside. 150 men, women and children met an immediate, unthinkably violent death.

Lubitz, in his single-minded madness, couldn't be stopped because anyone who could change the jet's disastrous course was locked out.

It's hard to imagine the growing feelings of fear and helplessness that
the passengers felt as the unforgiving landscape rushed up to meet them.

Hard ... but not impossible.

Because America is in trouble. We feel the descent in the pits of our
stomachs. We hear the shake and rattle of structures stressed beyond
their limits. We don't know where we're going anymore, but do know it isn't good. And above all, we feel helpless because Barack Obama has locked us out.

He locked the American people out of his decision to seize the national
healthcare system. Locked us out when we wanted to know why the IRS was attacking conservatives. He locked us out of having a say in his decision to tear up our immigration laws, and to give over a trillion dollars in benefits to those who broke those laws.

Obama locked out those who advised against premature troop withdrawals. Locked out the intelligence agencies who issued warnings about the growing threat of ISIS. He locked out anyone who could have interfered with his release of five Taliban terror chiefs in return for one U.S. military deserter.

And, of course, Barack Obama has now locked out Congress, the American people, and our allies as he strikes a secret deal with Iran to determine the timeline (not prevention) of their acquisition of nuclear weapons.

Was Andreas Lubitz depressed, insane, or abysmally evil when he decided to lock that cockpit door and listen to no voices other than those in his head? Did he somehow believe himself to be doing the right thing?

The voice recordings from the doomed aircraft reveal that as the jet began its rapid descent, the passengers were quiet. There was probably some nervous laughter, confusion, a bit of comforting chatter with seatmates, followed by a brief period in which anxiety had not yet metastasized into terror.

It was only near the end of the 8-minute plunge that everyone finally understood what was really happening. Only near the end when they began to scream.

Like those passengers, a growing number of Americans feel a helpless dread as they come to the inescapable conclusion that our nation's decline is an act of choice rather than of chance. The choice of one man who is in full control of our 8-year plunge.

A man who has locked everyone out.

If you aren't screaming yet, you should be.

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

=
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Best wing-nut chain mail evar

Postby 82_28 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:37 pm

So this is getting sent around? That's quite the allegorical feat for an idiot who should know better if he/she is able to write so cogently. My guess is it was written by someone in the Cruz or Rubio staffs. Someone who is versed in making shit "go viral".
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Makes as much sense as any one-sided equation.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:02 pm

This is really really disgusting.
The aim is to create a deep installation of immanent, life threatening fear and create multiple anchors associated with Obama to trigger it.
It uses a number of NLP processes and Ericksonian hypnotic language patterns to associate the reader into the experience (this is actually trauma *installation*) and then to a collapsing of anchors using submodality overlap.

This is mind rape. Shame on the person who created this.
Searcher08

Postby Nordic » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:43 pm

What's so horrible about it? If you removed Obama from the email and inserted The Powers That Be, and listed many of the crimes of the PTB instead of the silly fake Obama-based ones, this would be a fine metaphor.

I've often used a similar metaphor about all of us being on a bus, where the driver is clearly mad and is obviously going to kill all of us as well as innocent people in his path.

We are all locked out while they drive the ship into the rocks. Or the plane or whatever.

The only trouble with this is that it's used to be classic divide-and-conquer bullshit. It's obviously generated by those who need to be thrown off the plane.

But the metaphor is apt.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Elvis » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:27 pm

I was gonna say, if you replaced "Obama" with THE FUCKERS WHO WROTE IT, it would make perfect sense.

It was written by someone very smart and clever, for stupid people. For teabaggers and the other reality-impaired knuckleheads, each revelation is a shot of candy-flavored dope.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby zangtang » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4oh4hfV7lM

Agents of the law
Luckless pedestrian
I know you're out there
With rage in your eyes and your megaphones
Saying all is forgiven
Mad Dog surrender
How can I answer
A man of my mind can do anything

[Chorus:]
I'm a bookkeeper's son
I don't want to shoot no one
Well I crossed my old man back in Oregon
Don't take me alive
Got a case of dynamite
I could hold out here all night
Yes I crossed my old man back in Oregon
Don't take me alive

Can you hear the evil crowd
The lies and the laughter
I hear my inside
The mechanized hum of another world
Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Here in this darkness
I know what I've done
I know all at once who I am

[Chorus]
zangtang

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 am

Elvis, absolutely spot-on.

Elvis » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:27 am wrote:...
It was written by someone very smart and clever, for stupid people. For teabaggers and the other reality-impaired knuckleheads, each revelation is a shot of candy-flavored dope.

It isn't the metaphor that is the issue, Nordic, it is language which for your typical tea-bagger will *associate* them into the plane hijacking - it will be as if they are actually physically present and feeling intense fear and then chain that state into the multiple 'Obama-this', 'Obama-thats'. It is totally reality and data-free on the veracity of the 'hooks' , but many people who read this will be left experiencing deep, tangible, physical fear when they see or hear Obama and /or those issues.
Searcher08

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:00 am

Nordic » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:43 pm wrote:What's so horrible about it? If you removed Obama from the email and inserted The Powers That Be, and listed many of the crimes of the PTB instead of the silly fake Obama-based ones, this would be a fine metaphor.

That's the point you're missing, genius.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:06 am

JackRiddler » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:00 pm wrote:
Nordic » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:43 pm wrote:What's so horrible about it? If you removed Obama from the email and inserted The Powers That Be, and listed many of the crimes of the PTB instead of the silly fake Obama-based ones, this would be a fine metaphor.

But the point you're missing, O brightest star, is that when "Obama" is replaced with "TPTB" the locked-out-of-the cabin metaphor actually has merit.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Nordic » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:32 am

Jerk Riddler, being his usual asshole self. So predictable I've put him on ignore, which I've done to almost no one here. Get to see his brilliant mind at work in the quotes though. Hi Jack! Luv ya, babe! Let's do lunch!
Nordic

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:52 am

JackRiddler » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:00 am wrote:

Nordic » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:32 am wrote:Jerk Riddler, being his usual asshole self. So predictable I've put him on ignore, which I've done to almost no one here. Get to see his brilliant mind at work in the quotes though. Hi Jack! Luv ya, babe! Let's do lunch!

Jack is just being a dick because he tanked his "Entry-Level Emotional Intelligence 101 for Dummies" class and has to take re-sits. :mrgreen:
Searcher08

Postby NeonLX » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:54 pm

It is ever thus. I love you guys. I suppose I'm on many "ignore" lists, for the pointless wastes of bandwidth that I generate.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 pm

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Nordic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:59 am

NeonLX » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:54 am wrote:It is ever thus. I love you guys. I suppose I'm on many "ignore" lists, for the pointless wastes of bandwidth that I generate.

I would very much doubt that you're on anyone's ignore list!
Nordic

Next

Return to General Discussion