The truth about the killing of Osama bin Laden

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The truth about the killing of Osama bin Laden

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu May 14, 2015 10:03 am

Hersh’s story is too convoluted for an assassination raid, a routine event.

A number of my .mil buddies have made the same point - too much going on for a single team to execute, too many people being read in.

Also worth noting that could be deliberate, too...verily, a wilderness of mirrors.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby SoulsQuiver » Fri May 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Bin Laden was probably captured, the death story a cover prepared in advance.
SoulsQuiver

Postby zangtang » Sat May 16, 2015 6:26 am

Bin Laden was probably dead a decade in advance.

- cant prove it tho.
zangtang

Postby Byrne » Wed May 20, 2015 4:32 am

more bizarre twists....
Revealed: the British Pakistani general at the centre of new Bin Laden death conspiracy

Family tells the Telegraph of anger as UK-based retired general is identified by Pakistan officials as "supergrass" accused of tipping off US about Bin Laden's whereabouts
By Alia Waheed, and Colin Freeman
9:00PM BST 19 May 2015

A UK-based former senior officer in the Pakistan Army has been accused of being a supergrass who sold the secret location of Osama bin Laden to the CIA.
Retired Brigadier Usman Khalid, a British citizen, has been named as the informant whose tip-off led to the assassination of the world’s most wanted man in 2011. His family have told The Telegraph of their anger that their father - who died a year ago after living in London for 35 years - has been publicly identified as the source of the leak.
And they have denied that Brigadier Khalid was the man responsible.

Speculation about the identity of the unnamed informant has been rife following the publication of an article by Seymour Hersh, the Pulitzer Prize-winning US journalist, in the London Review of Books earlier this month.
The official version of events - immortalised in the film Zero Dark 30 starring Jessica Chastain - claimed that bin Laden had been tracked to his hideout after a female CIA agent identified his courier. The White House and CIA have always maintained that their own intelligence agents pieced together the information that led to the Navy Seals raid.
Mr Hersh's version of events could scarcely be more different. Mr Hersh claimed that Bin Laden was being held prisoner by the Pakistani intelligence agency - the ISI - in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad. He claimed that an unnamed senior officer in the Pakistani army had been the “walk-in” who provided details of the secret hideout in exchange for a substantial amount of a $25 million bounty. According to Mr Hersh’s account, the supergrass was supposed to also have been rewarded with US citizenship and to be alive and well in America.

In a bizarre twist, the unnamed officer has now been identified in Pakistani media - citing military sources - as Brigadier Khalid. However, his family believe he has been wrongly implicated because of his outspoken views on Pakistani politics. The retired brigadier claimed political asylum in Britain after resigning from a 25 year career in the army in protest at the execution in 1979 of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, the former prime minister and father of Benazir Bhutto, who was assassinated in 2007. Brigadier Khalid died last year of cancer at the age of 79.

Speaking exclusively to The Telegraph, his son, Abid Khalid said: “It simply doesn’t make sense. At the time that this was supposed to have happened, he was suffering from cancer and in and out of hospital. “My father hadn’t visited the USA since 1976 and had lived in the UK since 1979 so there was no question of him of his family getting American citizenship. He had no contact with the CIA and knew nothing about Osama Bin Laden, other than what he read in the newspapers, just like everyone else. He was politically very vocal, so he was an easy target.”
The family also denied claims that their father had played a role in persuading a Pakistan doctor - Dr Shakhil Ahmed - to set up a fake polio vaccination drive as part of a CIA ploy to surreptitiously acquire DNA evidence of Bin Laden’s presence in Abbottabad. “My father was an honourable and patriotic man,” said Abid Khalid. “He was also a caring, family man and would be horrified to be linked to the fake polio vaccination programme. “He would have been devastated to have been linked to anything which would put the lives of innocent people, especially children at risk, especially in the country he loved.”

Critics have accused Mr Hersh - the investigative journalist who uncovered the My Lai massacre during the Vietnam War and the Abu Ghraib Iraqi prison scandal - of allowing himself to be used to vent conspiracy theories. They have also queried the quality of his reporting, saying that has relied too much on one US intelligence source, whom they say appears to have known little about the inner workings of the operation to find Bin Laden,
The White House described his claims that Pakistan co-operated with the US to kill the former al-Qaeda leader as “inaccurate and baseless”.

However, since the publication of the article further allegations have emerged to support at least some of his assertions.
On Sunday it was reported that Germany’s foreign intelligence agency helped the CIA track down bin Laden.
The BND spy service - the German equivalent of MI6 - was said to have provided a tip-off that he was hiding in Pakistan, with the knowledge of Pakistani security services.

Mr Hersh declined to comment on the comments by Brigadier Khalid’s family. It is understood that he claims the source of the tip-off about Bin Laden’s whereabouts was not the same person identified by the Pakistani newspaper, The News.
In 2013, the London Review of Books published another widely-contested article by Mr Hersh, in which he cited anonymous intelligence sources blaming the Nusra Front jihadist group rather than the Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad for the August 2013 sarin gas attack in Ghouta, Damascus.

Code: Select all
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/11616787/Revealed-the-British-Pakistani-general-at-the-centre-of-new-Bin-Laden-death-conspiracy.html

Byrne

Postby RocketMan » Wed May 20, 2015 11:43 am

"Bizarre twist" might be again too tame a word...

http://blackbag.gawker.com/was-osama-a- ... socialflow

This morning, the U.S. government released a list of PDF books and other media found inside Osama bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. Alongside an issue of al-Qaeda’s online magazine Inspire and U.S. articles about terrorism and foreign policy was a copy David Ray Griffin’s The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11, a book that argues that 9/11 was an inside job.

:lol2:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed May 20, 2015 12:37 pm

^^They are just taking the piss now. They know their audience loves it. The US government is its own Jon Stewart.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby RocketMan » Wed May 20, 2015 1:21 pm

MacCruiskeen » Wed May 20, 2015 7:37 pm wrote:^^They are just taking the piss now. They know their audience loves it. The US government is its own Jon Stewart.

'zactly
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed May 20, 2015 1:41 pm

The 2030 Spike by Colin Mason
A Brief Guide to Understanding Islam by I. A. Ibrahim
America’s Strategic Blunders by Willard Matthias
America’s “War on Terrorism” by Michel Chossudovsky
Al-Qaeda’s Online Media Strategies: From Abu Reuter to Irhabi 007 by Hanna Rogan
The Best Democracy Money Can Buy by Greg Palast
The Best Enemy Money Can Buy by Anthony Sutton
Black Box Voting, Ballot Tampering in the 21st Century by Bev Harris
Bloodlines of the Illuminati by Fritz Springmeier
Bounding the Global War on Terror by Jeffrey Record
Checking Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions by Henry Sokolski and Patrick Clawson
Christianity and Islam in Spain 756-1031 A.D. by C. R. Haines
Civil Democratic Islam: Partners, Resources, and Strategies by Cheryl Benard
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins
Conspirators’ Hierarchy: The Committee of 300 by John Coleman
Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert
Fortifying Pakistan: The Role of U.S. Internal Security Assistance (only the book’s introduction) by C. Christine Fair and
Peter Chalk
Guerilla Air Defense: Antiaircraft Weapons and Techniques for Guerilla Forces by James Crabtree
Handbook of International Law by Anthony Aust
Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance by Noam Chomsky
Imperial Hubris by Michael Scheuer
In Pursuit of Allah’s Pleasure by Asim Abdul Maajid, Esaam-ud-Deen and Dr. Naahah Ibrahim
International Relations Theory and the Asia-Pacific by John Ikenberry and Michael Mastandano
Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II by William Blum
Military Intelligence Blunders by John Hughes-Wilson
Project MKULTRA, the CIA’s program of research in behavioral modification. Joint hearing before the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Human Resources, United States Senate, Ninety-fifth Congress, first session, August 3, 1977.
Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies by Noam Chomsky
New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11 by David Ray Griffin
New Political Religions, or Analysis of Modern Terrorism by Barry Cooper
Obama’s Wars by Bob Woodward
Oxford History of Modern War by Charles Townsend
The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers by Paul Kennedy
Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower by William Blum
The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly Hall (1928)
Secrets of the Federal Reserve by Eustace Mullins
The Taking of America 1-2-3 by Richard Sprague
Unfinished Business, U.S. Overseas Military Presence in the 21st Century by Michael O’Hanlon
The U.S. and Vietnam 1787-1941 by Robert Hopkins Miller
“Website Claims Steve Jackson Games Foretold 9/11,” article posted on ICV2.com (this file contained only a single saved web page)
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby 8bitagent » Wed May 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Ok this was enough to make me come back for a hot minute.

HALF of bin Laden's books were conspiracy related? My mind is exploding.
OR as Jeremy Scahill wrote:
This is so meta my head is exploding. Bin Laden was reading 9/11-was-an-inside-job conspiracy book

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/statu ... 5358036992

Surprised he didn't have a book on 9/11 and the Occult, or Aleister Crowley books

I love this part of the article

“In terms of the materials that are there, some of the things that we’ve found to be of note were that bin Laden was probably an avid conspiracy theorist,” the senior intelligence official said in a phone call. “Of the 38 full-length English-language books he had in his possession, about half of them were conspiracy theory books” about the Illuminati, Freemasons, and other conspiracy topics. Texts listed on the “bookshelf” include Bloodlines of the Illuminati by the American conspiracy theorist Fritz Springmeier; The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11 by the 9/11 conspiracy theorist David Ray Griffin; and The Secrets of the Federal Reserve, a book by the Holocaust denier and anti-Semite Eustace Mullins. The list also includes materials from congressional hearings about Project MKUltra, the so-called “mind control” program conducted by the CIA in the 1950s and 1960s. Also on the list: maps of Iranian nuclear sites.

That should be a fun fact for future history books "Osama bin Laden was an avid 9/11 truther".
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed May 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Anyone with similar interests to bin Laden is, by association, the potential next bin Laden.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed May 20, 2015 4:51 pm

coffin_dodger » Wed May 20, 2015 3:40 pm wrote:Anyone with similar interests to bin Laden is, by association, the potential next bin Laden.

Setting the stage.

Amen.

We are so far through the looking glass I have lost any intrest in mapping the territory anymore. Epistemically numb.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed May 20, 2015 4:57 pm

That motherfucker was not reading Chomsky either.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed May 20, 2015 5:52 pm

The Wom said:
Epistemically numb

This is an excellent starting point.

An aside: I stand in awe of the sheer poetry/intricacy/delicacy involved - using The Beast of 9/11 as a weapon for a second time - against those that have unmasked themselves as heretics, the first time around. There are staggeringly concise minds behind this and their play has been/ is exquisite.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed May 20, 2015 6:13 pm

OK, out of all the ridiculous choice of books in that laundry list of bullshit, this one takes the cake for me:

A Brief Guide to Understanding Islam by I. A. Ibrahim

Really? Bin Laden needed a brief guide to understand Islam??? Isn't that kind of like Pat Robertson reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to Christianity???!!!

Side note: Good to see you posting again, 8bitagent!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby The Consul » Wed May 20, 2015 7:15 pm

What purpose does this story serve? Why is it being "reported" now? I have noticed lately that W people have been showing a willingness to throw Cheney under the bus (looking forward to Jeb WH) even anonymously saying Dick was "not as intelligent" as W. My feeling is this story is serving a political purpose. Obviously it serves to embarrass BHO. But it even throws more dirt on CIA/DIA/JSOC. Hersch is a feeder, he takes other people's work and blows it up because with his name he can do that. Although a story like this helps keep him relevant, there is not enough in it to keep it unassailable. It almost seems like an ISI operation to me. Some stubborn part of me wonders why the likes of Hersch didn't spend much effort in unraveling Raymond Allen Davis. HRC does not benefit from this and could be hurt by it. Teabaggers will have to be careful trying to capitalize on it. Mossad I'm guessing is about to fire something up soon.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion