Dennis Hastert Was Paying Somebody Big Bucks To Shut Up...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Dennis Hastert Was Paying Somebody Big Bucks To Shut Up.

Postby divideandconquer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Can you be blackmailed without having done anything? An anonymous official, presumably in a position to know, said, "it was sex".

Yeah, but what an anonymous official claims is not enough to substantiate why he was being blackmailed. And we're assuming years earlier translates to decades when that might not be the case at all. If Hastert was a sexual predator when he lacked power and wealth, it's likely that he didn't change his spots as he started to accumulate power and wealth. .

The indictment notes Hastert was a high school teacher and coach from 1965 to 1981 in Yorkville, yet it doesn't describe their relationship. Why not?. Because the political elite aren't capable of victimizing young people? It seems that every case that involves the political elite's abuse of children is turned into a financial scandal.

The news media throws out little bits and pieces, but as usual, nothing is explained to the public. For instance, one of the focuses of the FBI investigation was whether Hastert, in the words of the 7-page indictment, https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4rblq-fxqLaZGY3V3ljTHI3dWc/view was "the victim of a criminal extortion related to, among other matters, his prior positions in government." What does that even mean?
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:30 am

One of Dennis Hastert's victims died of AIDS in 1995

special place in hell for you Hastert ...a very special place...I am so glad you got caught for this and not the brides you took ...eat shit and live a very very long life in hell on earth

lasted for years????

showed up at his funeral....are you fucking kidding me????? you fucking asshole

Alleged Dennis Hastert sex abuse victim identified by sister

WRITTEN BY LYNN SWEET POSTED: 06/05/2015, 06:24AM

The sister of former wrestling team manager Steve Reinboldt (right) says her brother, now deceased, was sexually abused by Dennis Hastert (left) at Yorkville High School. | Yearbook photos
WASHINGTON — Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert sexually abused Steve Reinboldt, who was a student equipment manager at the Yorkville high school where Hastert was the wrestling coach, the sister of the now-deceased man told ABC News.

Reinbodlt’s sister, Jolene Burdge in an interview with ABC, said her brother revealed the abuse, which lasted for years, in 1979, when he told her he was gay. She said in an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Friday that two weeks ago FBI investigators contacted her about Hastert.

Burdge said that she was “stunned” when her brother came out to her and she asked about his first same sex experience. He said “it was with Dennis Hastert.”

Hastert was a teacher and wrestling coach in Yorkville between 1965 and 1981, before he started a political career that took him to Springfield and then to Washington.

ABC News Videos | ABC Entertainment News

When Reinbodlt’s sister asked him why he never told anyone, “he just turned around and kind of looked at me and said, ‘Who is ever going to believe me?’”

Hastert was indicted last week with bank fraud and lying to FBI agents after withdrawing $1.7 million in cash from several banks to pay hush money to a man – identified only as “Individual A” – who was a victim of alleged sexual misconduct decades ago.

Hastert has not been seen since being charged. He is scheduled to make a court appearance in Chicago next week.

Reinbodlt, a 1971 Yorkville High graduate, died of AIDS in 1995.

In a report by ABC’s Brian Ross, Rhonda Schwartz and John Capell, Reinboldt’s sister said Hastert showed up at his funeral.

“I was just there just trying to bite my tongue thinking that blood was coming out because I was just… So after he had gone through the line I followed him out into the parking lot of the funeral home,” Burdge said. “I said, ‘I want to know why you did what you did to my brother.’ And he just stood there and stared at me. He didn’t say, ‘What are you talking about?’ you know, [or], ‘What? I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ He just stood there and stared at me.

“Then I just continued to say, ‘I want you to know your secret didn’t die in there with my brother. And I want you to remember that I’m out here and that I know.’ And again, he just stood there and he did not say a word.” Hastert got in his car and drove away. Jolene said Hastert’s non-response “said everything.”

The ABC report said Jolene tried to “expose Hastert, even writing to ABC News and another news organization as well as some advocacy groups in 2006 after another congressman, Rep. Mark Foley, was discovered having sexually explicit message exchanges with a male underage page.

“At the time ABC News could not corroborate Jolene’s allegation and Hastert denied the claim.”

Hastert was indicted a few days after the FBI contacted Jolene and she watched the news reports with her husband.

“That’s when I just kind of lost it and said, ‘Oh my God, I can’t believe – I never thought I was going to get this phone call… I thought it was over,’” she told ABC.

The Associated Press said Burdge lives in Billings, Montana.

Dennis Hastert's indictment resurrects Foley scandal
Rep. Dennis Hastert, right, meets with fellow Republicans, from left, Reps. Jerry Weller, Thomas Davis and Mark Foley in his office in Washington on Dec. 20, 1998. (Pete Souza, Chicago Tribune)
By Katherine Skiba
Chicago Tribune
contact the reporter Crime U.S. Congress John Boehner Judy Biggert Mark Foley John Shimkus
Dennis Hastert's actions in the Mark Foley scandal gain new attention

Allegations that Dennis Hastert paid hush money to cover up years-old sexual misconduct have put a new light on criticism that, as House speaker, he failed to take action against a congressman who was making improper advances toward underage male pages.

The scandal involving former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley of Florida led to a 2006 House Ethics Committee investigation that found Hastert and many others were "willfully ignorant" in responding to repeated warnings that Foley had behaved improperly with pages and former pages.

Congressional expert Norm Ornstein said Hastert's past actions could be viewed through a new lens in light of the explosive allegations he now faces.

Sister: Brother had sexual relationship with Dennis Hastert while in high school
Sister: Brother had sexual relationship with Dennis Hastert while in high school
"The fact that the speaker of the House did nothing when there were multiple attempts to intervene (with Foley) is in itself appalling, without any future allegations about Hastert's own past behavior," said Ornstein, a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.

"If you're getting warnings about potentially inappropriate conduct by a member of the House toward the pages, and you don't at minimum take that member aside and say, 'Stay the hell away from those pages,' and you do nothing — even not knowing at the time about Hastert's own issues — I find it just appalling."

Hastert, 73, is to appear in federal court in Chicago on Tuesday on charges that he lied to the FBI and improperly structured bank withdrawals of nearly $1 million in cash to evade required reports. The money, according to the federal indictment, was part of an agreement to pay an unidentified individual $3.5 million to compensate for and conceal past misconduct.

Law enforcement sources say the misconduct dates to when Hastert was a teacher and wrestling coach in Yorkville, Ill., before entering Congress.

lRelated Dennis Hastert had multiple sources of income after leaving Congress
NEWS
Dennis Hastert had multiple sources of income after leaving Congress
SEE ALL RELATED
Hastert was still speaker when the 2006 "sexting" case involving Foley, then 52, exploded into public view. Foley quit Congress on Sept. 29, 2006, on the eve of midterm elections that proved disastrous for Republicans and resulted in Hastert losing his speakership when the new Democratic majority took over in 2007.

By the end of 2006, the House Ethics Committee put out a 200-plus page report indicating that Hastert, his aides and others had failed to take sufficient steps to put a stop to Foley's long-standing overtures to current and former House pages.

Hastert was singled out for not acting on warnings about Foley's emails — cautions delivered separately to him by two GOP officials in spring 2006. That was months before media attention on the sexually charged electronic communications Foley sent to former pages led to Foley's resignation. The warnings came after top Hastert aides were told Foley was behaving inappropriately with male pages, the report said.

Boehner 'shocked and dismayed' by Hastert reports
At his weekly news conference Thursday, Speaker John A. Boehner said he was “shocked and dismayed” by the recent allegations against former Speaker J. Dennis Hastert. (RollCall)
One of the officials who told investigators he briefed Hastert about the emails in June 2006 was current House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio, who was then House majority leader. The other congressman who said he talked to Hastert about Foley was Rep. Tom Reynolds of New York, who at the time was leading the National Republican Campaign Committee. Reynolds left Congress in 2009.

Boehner told the committee that when he spoke to Hastert about Foley's emails to a former page, Hastert said the matter "has been taken care of."

But Hastert told the committee he didn't recall the conversations in spring 2006 with Boehner or Reynolds about the Foley emails.

The committee, in a 200-page report issued in December 2006, found the "weight of the evidence" supported the conclusion that Hastert was told, at least in passing, by both Boehner and Reynolds about Foley's worrisome emails.

cComments
@common sense-ican -Speculation? He paid MILLIONS to someone just because......?
DESIGN'NGAL
AT 8:23 AM JUNE 05, 2015
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS
"In all, a pattern of conduct was exhibited among many individuals to remain willfully ignorant of the potential consequences" of Foley's conduct with pages, the report said.

Hastert was one of eight lawmakers who testified about the Foley case before the committee, which heard from 43 other witnesses.

For almost a decade, Foley had been considered a "nuisance" and a "ticking time bomb" because of his incessant attention to male pages, the Ethics Committee report said. A number of witnesses testified they had been told that in one case Foley, possibly intoxicated, appeared at the page dorm after their curfew and was turned away, it said.

Two other Illinoisans were tied to the Foley case.

Rep. John Shimkus of Collinsville chaired the House Page Board, comprising three lawmakers, the House clerk and the House sergeant-at-arms, the report said. The board's role was to ensure the program was consistent with the "efficient functioning of the House and the welfare of pages," the report said.

Tribune coverage: Dennis Hastert indicted
Tribune coverage: Dennis Hastert indicted
Rep. Judy Biggert, a suburban Chicago lawmaker who left office in 2013, sat on the Ethics Committee's four-member investigative subcommittee, which conducted the probe into how long-standing warnings about Foley had been handled.

Neither Biggert nor Shimkus replied to Tribune requests for comment this week. Nor did Hastert's Washington lawyer.

Foley, after leaving Congress, reportedly underwent alcoholism treatment, the report said.

As an ex-member, he was no longer under the committee's jurisdiction, and his lawyer said he would invoke his Fifth Amendment right if made to testify, the report said.

In the end, no one was sanctioned for violating House rules in the still-notorious case. Hastert was pleased and said so in a statement: "I am glad the committee made clear that there was no violation of any House rules by any Member or staff."

But the scandal had lasting implications. University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato said a string of GOP scandals involving Foley and Reps. Randall "Duke" Cunningham of California and Bob Ney of Ohio contributed to the Republicans' loss of House control.

"It's pretty clear that Republicans didn't react to the information about Foley as they were given it," Sabato said. "Exactly how much of it was Hastert and how much of it was others is lost to the mists of time. But clearly they didn't do what they should have done."

One of the keys to the job of House speaker is keeping the party in the majority, Sabato said.

"I'm sure they (Republicans) didn't think it (the Foley case) would blow up the way it did, but retrospectively they had the obligation to do something, but I don't know what the something was," Sabato said. "I don't know if they had enough on Foley to force him into resigning earlier."

The House page program was started during the 20th Congress in 1827 and abolished in 2011. Pages had to be at least 16 years old and sponsored by a lawmaker. When the program was abolished, House leaders said the Internet and email had left the pages with scant work to do. The Senate still has a page program.

The House page program has been the focus of other past scandals.

Reps. Dan Crane, R-Ill., and Gerry Studds, D-Mass., were censured in 1983 for sexual relationships with pages. Crane had been involved with a 17-year-old girl and lost the 1984 election. Studds, who had been involved with a 17-year-old boy, did not run for re-election in 1996 and died in 2006.

RI thread....Sat Oct 07, 2006
HFS: is hastert the next to be outed?

*HFS=holy fucking shit. October 7/8, 2006 -- The rumors about another top GOP member of the House being involved in sexual encounters with young "men for hire" are confirmed to WMR by well-placed sources in Washington's gay community. The member in question is House Speaker Dennis Hastert, whose "alternate" life style is the primary reason for him and his staff covering up the scandal involving ex-Florida GOP Rep. Mark Foley and his lewd messages sent to underage male congressional pages. Hastert's penchant to receive anal sex is well-known to our sources in DC's gay community. Additionally, Hastert's reported extremely small penis is the subject of many jokes among Washington's gay circles. Speaker Hastert: The "butt" of many jokes among Washington's gay community. WMR reported on old charges that swirled around Hastert when he was a high school wrestling coach at Yorkville High School in Yorkville, Illinois. Hastert decided to enter politics in 1980 after rumors surfaced about inappropriate contact with male high school students. In July, Hastert was hospitalized at Bethesda Naval Hospital for cellulitis, a bacterial skin infection. In the Feb. 7, 2003 issue of AIDS Treatment News, doctors reported that they saw "a large increase in aggressive, antibiotic-resistant 'staph' (Staphylococcus aureus) skin infections in gay men in some areas -- and a separate epidemic in certain prisons. Symptoms include boils or blisters; treatment can be difficult, and sometimes requires hospitalization. One HIV doctor in Los Angeles who used to see about one case a year is now seeing two a week. In the past this infection occurred mainly in hospitals." The reports of serious skin infections among gay men was also reported in the Los Angeles Times on Jan. 27, 2003. WMR has also learned that Republicans will soon mount an effort to discredit a senior House Democratic member with a sex scandal of a rather different nature. The member is aware of the plans and is circling the political wagons if the GOP launches their expected attack. http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/">www.waynemadsenreport.com

Denny Hastert has put me in a difficult position. I've heard rumors. Unsubstantiated talk. No proof yet. But I've heard things. Just like I heard things about Mark Foley this past July. This time I've heard things about a relatively senior Republican member of the House, and also about someone on the Speaker's own staff. Both rumors seem relevant to this story as it's unfolding. So here's my dilemma. Denny Hastert says that if I don't report the unsubstantiated allegations I've heard, I'm a criminal. But the thing is, I'm also a journalist, and a good human being. I don't think it's right to print unsubstantiated rumors I've heard, rumors that could make life quite difficult for this Republican congressman and this senior member of Hastert's staff. So what do I do? Do I publish unsubstantiated rumors about a GOP congressman and one of Denny Hastert's top aides? I don't want to, I don't think it's right, but Denny Hastert says he'll sic the FBI on me for hurting children if I don't. And he'll probably end up blaming Nancy Pelosi if my rumors turn out to be true and I didn't go public with them. So what do I do? Maybe I'll just call Denny Hastert's office on Monday, tell them what I've heard, and let them decide how comfortable they are with the Speaker's new standard of justice.Denny Hastert has put me in a difficult position. http://americablog.blogspot.com

This seems to be getting closer to breaking wide Who is Scott Palmer? He is Speaker Hastert's chief of staff, which makes him the key player in the what-did-Hastert-know-and-when-did-he-know-it drama. Scott Palmer has issued a statement flatly denying that Kirk Fordham, Mark Foley's former chief of staff, warned him that Foley was crossing the line with pages long before Foley's inappropriate email surfaced. Palmer's denial of Fordham's headline-grabbing claim is the thread Hastert's Speakership is now hanging by. In Hastert's brief, evasive press conference on Thursday, sharp reporters immediately zeroed in on Palmer's role in the Foley information flow. Did Hastert leap to the defense of his chief of staff's honor in the crucial credibility contest with Kirk Fordham? Did he say I know Scott Palmer and I know he's telling the truth? No. He avoided every question with Palmer's name in it. Hastert obviously does not want to talk about Scott Palmer. If Fordham did warn Palmer about Foley a long time ago, what are the odds that Palmer did not tell Hastert? As close to zero as you can get. Many chiefs of staff are close, very close, to their bosses on Capitol Hill. But none are closer than Scott Palmer is to Denny Hastert. They don't just work together all day, they live together. There are plenty of odd couple Congressmen who have roomed together on Capitol Hill, but I have never heard of a chief of staff who rooms with his boss. It is beyond unusual. But it must have its advantages. Anything they forget to tell each other at the office, they have until bedtime to catch up on. And then there's breakfast for anything they forgot to tell each other before falling asleep. And then there's all day at the office. Hastert and Palmer are together more than any other co-workers in the Congress. For now, Hastert is holding on to the Speaker's office because the Republicans don't have anyone in the leadership who is squeaky clean enough to take the job. Every one of them is tainted by the Foley scandal or the Abramoff scandal or the DeLay scandal or, like Henry Hyde, has some ancient sexual indiscretion in his background. But if the press cracks Scott Palmer's denial of Kirk Fordham's bombshell, then Denny Hastert is going to have to pass the gavel to some freshman we've never heard of.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lawrence- ... 31171.html

Scott Palmer Personal: Born Nov. 22, 1950, in Hartford, Ct., single, no children Education: Aurora University, B.A., history (1972) and masters in management (1983) Career: Registrar and director of public information and publications, Aurora University (1972-84) Development director for a nonprofit agency serving the developmentally disabled (1984-85) Marketing director for Merchants Bancorp (1985-86) Chief of staff, U.S. Rep. Hastert (1986-present). In January 1995, Palmer also assumed duties as deputy chief of staff for U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Texas, who was then the majority whip when Hastert was the chief deputy whip. http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/mrs_panstre ... s_of_staff">www.tpmcafe.com

Originally from the Chicago Tribune, 6/1/05: Hastert's closest adviser is his longtime chief of staff, Scott Palmer, 54, one whose style is at least as low key as the speaker's but one who is also known for delivering results. Second to Palmer is deputy chief of staff, Mike Stokke, 43. In addition to the men's government salaries, Hastert's political action committee also pays them for outside political work, records show. Palmer, a former employee of Aurora College who started with Hastert as a volunteer on a state legislative campaign, has been Hastert's chief of staff since he arrived in Washington in 1987. At the center of the speaker's operations, Palmer is described by some as Hastert's "alter ego. You cannot underestimate the relationship that the speaker has with Scott," said Hastert campaign spokesman John McGovern. "Scott is Denny's closest and most trusted adviser." When in Washington, Palmer, Stokke and Hastert share a townhouse near the Capitol. And, like Hastert, his top aides maintain residences in Illinois - Palmer in Aurora and Stokke in Bloomington A typical night in Washington for Hastert is likely to end with a dinner with Palmer and Stokke at AV Ristorante Italiano, a red sauce Italian restaurant in a transitional neighborhood of Washington. Originally from the Chicago Sun-Times, 2/14/06 Just ran into Jean Hastert, the wife of House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) in the hallway outside the speakers' Capitol office suite. She just dropped in on her husband. {snip} When in Washington, the speaker lives in a group house with his chief of staff, Scott Palmer and top deputy, Mike Stokke. I asked her if she is bunking with the guys. She is not. She stays in a hotel. Found in the comments on http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/6/13/121650/389

http://www.blogactive.com Starting Monday... Investigate these closeted staffers I am very concerned what these CLOSETED high level staffers have done. This site first reported on the danger Kirk Fordham was to gays OVER TWO YEARS AGO. Before anyone gets out the violins for poor Kirk, remember he was the money chief for US Senator Mel Martinez's campaign. You know Mel, he's the one who equaled marriage equality with living under "totalitarian rule in Cuba. It's not that Kirk is gay that got him in trouble. It's that he was hiding in a closet and facilitating Mark Foley's actions. Well, America, I want other closeted staffers questioned. I want all entities investigating this matter to look at every other closeted staffer who may have contributed to this national disgrace. So.... Beginning Monday, and every weekday thereafter, I will be identifying the name of a closeted senior staffer in Congress with the hopes that those investigating this matter will make sure to include them in their questioning. And I hope the press looks for them as well. It's time to rid the government of those that would harm us. I will also highlight a past case from the site's history. I will ask you all to join me in sending emails to the ethics committee and media about these staffers who are putting the very stability of our government. Some have said this is a purge of gays from the government. No my friends, this is NOT about gays. To suggest that there will be a purge of gays from the government is preposterous. Now, if you want to talk about a purge of anti-gay closet cases facilitating the hard Right's agenda... I say purge away. It's about the hypocrisy. The know it. We know it. They want to change the focus. As the boss himself says http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/010238.php TPM: Hastert's Chief of Staff Is In A Heap of Trouble (Scott Palmer) <br> Remember that Kirk Fordham, one-time Chief of Staff to Mark Foley (R-FL), resigned Wednesday as Rep. Tom Reynolds' (R-NY) Chief of Staff and promptly announced that he had warned Hastert's staff about Foley's page problem as far back and 2003. Specifically, he said he repeatedly asked Hastert's Chief of Staff, Scott Palmer, to take action to deal with Foley. Palmer promptly denied it. Now, according to the Post, another congressional staffer has come forward to say that Fordham is telling the truth and Palmer is lying. And the piece in the Post also touches on this topic we discussed back on October 1st. Jeff Trandahl, you'll remember, is the former House Clerk who, along with Rep. John Shimkus (R-IL), had the sit-down with Foley in late 2005 ...Trandahl's departure came within days of his confrontation with Foley over e-mails that the congressman had sent a former page. House aides say the circumstances of Trandahl's exit were oddly quiet. The departure of a staff member of long standing, especially one as important as the House clerk, is usually marked with considerable fanfare, said Scott Lilly, a former Democratic staff director of the House Appropriations Committee. Debate is suspended in mid-afternoon to accommodate a stream of testimonials from lawmakers Trandahl's departure was marked by a one-minute salute from Shimkus and a brief insert into the Congressional Record. "My one-hour Special Order changed to a five-minute Special Order, now to a one-minute," Shimkus said. "I just want to say thank you for the work you have done. Lilly said: "He seemed to suddenly disappear in a puff of smoke. Pretty clear a lotta this story has yet to unfold. But I guess that's what next week is for.

Paper: Pages Had Oral Sex In Front of Colleagues

Watchdog Group: FBI Lied About Foley Probe
Watchdog Group: FBI Lied About Foley Probe

Posted on Oct 6, 2006

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has asked the DOJ to launch an investigation into why the FBI “fabricated and disseminated a cover-up story as to why it never investigated the Foley emails sent to it by CREW.”

This is big. There now appears to be incontrovertible evidence that the FBI is engaged in a coverup.

CREW:

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) wrote to the Department of Justice (DOJ) Inspector General’s (I.G.) office today to ask for an investigation into why the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has fabricated and disseminated a cover-up story as to why it never investigated the Foley emails sent to it by CREW.

CBS News has reported that according to the FBI when CREW gave the Bureau the original set of emails from Rep. Mark Foley to a former House page, they were “heavily redacted.” The FBI is also claiming that it came back to CREW and asked for more information so that it could follow up, but that CREW refused to provide anything further. Reporters from several other news organizations have repeated this allegation. The FBI is lying.

On Monday, October 2, CREW sent a letter to the DOJ I.G.’s office, attaching exact copies of the emails CREW had sent to the FBI on July 21, 2006. Both the former page’s name and the person to whom the page forwarded Rep. Foley’s emails were clearly visible. Moreover, after CREW sent the emails to the FBI, CREW’s only subsequent contact with the Bureau was one telephone call from the special agent to whom CREW had sent the material confirming that the emails were from Rep. Foley. CREW had no further contact with the FBI.

SOURCE: http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/ ... 601006_w... /
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby M F Abernathy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:02 pm

The plot thickens...

I keep hearing reports that this Hastert incident is more than a sex scandal. Was Dennis Hastert involved in a murder?

A young man who was a 1975 graduate of Yorkville HS 'vanished' from the Yorkville area in 1979.

I wonder if he was on the wrestling team during his high school years?

WHAT DOES DENNIS HASTERT KNOW ABOUT THE 'DISAPPEARANCE' OF MARK ALLEN COLLMAN?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/collman_mark.html
Last edited by M F Abernathy on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M F Abernathy

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 pm

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showth ... April-1979

Cubby

50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
IL - Mark Allen Collman, 21, Kendall County, 3 April 1979
Click to learn more...
I just ran across this article in my local news. This story just rips at my heart.

On Sunday I wrote about Kay and Dwayne Collman’s very public grief in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks that claimed the life of their son Jeffrey.

Like so many of the victims, the body of the 41-year-old flight attendant on board the first plane that hit the World Trade Center was never recovered — except for a couple of finger bones that are now buried at River Hills Cemetery in Batavia.

But what the Collmans have kept much more private is that next to Jeffrey’s memorial is a similar marker for his older brother, whose burial site is also missing a body.

In 1979, the Collmans’ 21-year-old son Mark disappeared and was never heard from again. The shy young man, a 1975 graduate of Yorkville High School, had been living at home at the time and was employed at the Model Box factory off Route 47 and Cannonball Road.

Because he worked a 3 to 11 shift and his bedroom was in the basement, Kay and Dwayne didn’t necessarily see Mark every day. So when his boss called to say he’d not shown up to work on April 3, 1979, it was the family’s first indication something was wrong.

Full article at link:

http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/74...ldest-son.html

Mark's case is not listed in Charley Project nor is it listed in NamUs.

I'm not even sure if the date and county are correct. I pulled the county because Yorkville and Yorkville HS is in Kendall County.

I'd love to see if we WS'rs can help get Mark's case into NamUs, Charley Project and some of the other MP databases. He might be out there waiting to come home.

I haven't yet googled for any news articles but couldn't find anything on his case with a quick google search. While I know at WS, it is against TOS to contact family directly, we can reach out and offer our assistance via the journalist who wrote the above article. Perhaps the family would be willing to work with us to ensure Mark is in the appropriate databases.

So incredily sad to have lost two sons. Praying we can find Mark and bring him home.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby conniption » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:09 pm

from pg. 1
Wombaticus Rex » Fri May 29, 2015 10:40 am wrote:Blackmail is the currency of political control.

The logical corrolary -- bizarre, unthinkable but true -- is that pedophiles are ideal candidates for political office, from the perspective of the Deep State.

That means they get sought out, recruited.

And then: protected.

What kind of a system gets built in order to perform this function? Well...

Kakistocracy?

edited to add: link - Kakistocracy and elite paedophile networks.

Listen Here

Interview 1024 – Tjeerd Andringa Exposes the Kakistocracy

Corbett • 04/10/2015
12 Comments

Audio Player

Kakistocracy is defined as “rule by the worst.” Today on the program Dr. Tjeerd Andringa of the University of Groningen joins us to discuss his theory of how the kakistocracy uses child abuse to perpetuate their control, both over the victims of that abuse and its perpetrators. We also discuss what the vast majority of decent and moral people can do about this problem.
conniption

Postby jingofever » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:13 am

divideandconquer » 04 Jun 2015 17:05 wrote:
Can you be blackmailed without having done anything? An anonymous official, presumably in a position to know, said, "it was sex".

Yeah, but what an anonymous official claims is not enough to substantiate why he was being blackmailed. And we're assuming years earlier translates to decades when that might not be the case at all. If Hastert was a sexual predator when he lacked power and wealth, it's likely that he didn't change his spots as he started to accumulate power and wealth.

Maybe those boys he had sex with when he acquired power and wealth are not around anymore. Who knows?

divideandconquer wrote:The news media throws out little bits and pieces, but as usual, nothing is explained to the public. For instance, one of the focuses of the FBI investigation was whether Hastert, in the words of the 7-page indictment, https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4rblq-fxqLaZGY3V3ljTHI3dWc/view was "the victim of a criminal extortion related to, among other matters, his prior positions in government." What does that even mean?

That means that the he was being made to use his position as Speaker of the House to pass legislation favorable to the Turks or else they would leak the details of his gay sex with minors to the press.
jingofever

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:03 am

Agreed with the "why now" of all things. . .

I could tell this guy was a dirtbag from my early 20s. And that was all based on politics obviously because I loved to listen to rush limbaugh while I was delivering pizza. I have always loved to monitor what was going on in the right wing. Knew it was fake, evil and stupid. But I would drive around listening to right wing shit every day. And then on night shifts I would just listen to Pale Blue Dot book on tape over and over. Then I lent it to my fundie friend and his parents found it and destroyed it. So I went to them and said I wanted them to buy me a new copy. What was it like 8 tapes? Can't remember.

Anyhow this rightwing ass mom came over to my house literally crying that I was destroying her family by introducing Carl Sagan into their kids' lives and all I said is that I wanted my tapes back. Sure, dumb story. But a story nonetheless.

Wingers will always baffle me. They're so controlled by some larger entity that they do not comprehend. Then they huff meth off a gay prostitutes' butt running the rightest wing of mega churches there is and open up a new church. Amazing.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:44 am

82_28 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 pm wrote:Agreed with the "why now" of all things. . .

I could tell this guy was a dirtbag from my early 20s. And that was all based on politics obviously because I loved to listen to rush limbaugh while I was delivering pizza. I have always loved to monitor what was going on in the right wing. Knew it was fake, evil and stupid. But I would drive around listening to right wing shit every day. And then on night shifts I would just listen to Pale Blue Dot book on tape over and over. Then I lent it to my fundie friend and his parents found it and destroyed it. So I went to them and said I wanted them to buy me a new copy. What was it like 8 tapes? Can't remember.

Anyhow this rightwing ass mom came over to my house literally crying that I was destroying her family by introducing Carl Sagan into their kids' lives and all I said is that I wanted my tapes back. Sure, dumb story. But a story nonetheless.

Wingers will always baffle me. They're so controlled by some larger entity that they do not comprehend. Then they huff meth off a gay prostitutes' butt running the rightest wing of mega churches there is and open up a new church. Amazing.

And to come around full circle, Rush is having a few problems of his own. To pass on a link:

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/05/ ... ation.html

He is seriously creepy. Then again, he is one of the creators/paid mouthpieces that pioneered all of this fine culture we currently enjoy as civilized folk...I have a sudden vision of Rush paddling Hastert with a cricket paddle in that Eyes Wide Shut mansion... He is a huge cancer in the body politic and the damage is vast and perhaps fatal even if his own days as parasite may be numbered. IMO, it is time for someone to actually investigate his viagra-fuelled visits to central america, who he partied with, when he did it, etc. While Hastert and Duggar is fresh on the mind.

Perhaps dots might start connecting.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Asta » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am

If the right wingers have their way, introducing Carl Sagan's books to children will become a felony.
Asta

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Asta » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:54 am wrote:If the right wingers have their way, introducing Carl Sagan's books to children will become a felony.

Indeed. Sagan allowed me to accept "believing" both no god and a God (or gods) through his brilliant writing. To this day I don't care and do not take a position. I am not agnostic either. As in I am not "searching" because "searching" is the false equivalent of acceptance.

However, what all I know of him are his moral "teachings" of kindness and bringing a sense of wonder to everything and for all. Also saying fuck you to the fake ass rightist authoritarian phonies he rigorously documented from known history. God, I gotta go back and read everything. Sadly, like with all books, I lend them all out and never seem to ask for them back as with all books in my time on Earth.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby zangtang » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:15 am

there's a beautiful info-graphic waiting in the aether of the globally distributed library of books we lent out
that never made it back.......
diffrent color for the books we stole from libraries whilst young & self-important & too ashamed to take back.......
underscored by the books we hankered for...saw in a charity shop...left for next time....& next time they were gone, never to be seen again!
thundercloud grey for the books....what the hell was i thinking, you're pigging up space on my shelves, but cant throw out because......books!
zangtang

Postby Grizzly » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:11 am

Let's not forget, Scooter (sex with bears) Libby...

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2005/ ... ex-shocker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Appren ... y_novel%29

Although the sexual passages and references make up only a few pages of the novel, one passage in particular — combining zoophilia, pedophilia, prostitution, biastophilia, and voyeurism in just three sentences—has received wide attention:

At age ten the madam put the child in a cage with a bear trained to couple with young girls so the girls would be frigid and not fall in love with their patrons. They fed her through the bars and aroused the bear with a stick when it seemed to lose interest. Groups of men paid to watch.

Also, Remember Scooter Libby's letter to Judy Miller, cryptically referring to "Aspen roots?".
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Alleged sex abuse victim could testify at Dennis Hastert's sentencing
Former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert
Former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert pleaded guilty to providing $3.5 million in apparent hush money to a longtime acquaintance, then lying to the FBI when asked about suspicious cash withdrawals.
Jason MeisnerContact Reporter
Chicago Tribune
A man who alleges he was sexually abused by former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert years ago as well as the sister of another alleged victim could testify at Hastert's upcoming sentencing on charges he paid hush money to cover up wrongdoing in his past, the Tribune has learned.

For the first time, prosecutors and lawyers for Hastert revealed in an unannounced hearing Tuesday that the Illinois Republican had been accused of sexual abuse from when he was high school wrestling coach and teacher in Yorkville decades ago, according to a transcript of the hearing obtained by the Tribune.

In his plea agreement, Hastert admitted he arranged with a person identified only as Individual A in 2010 to pay a total of $3.5 million to cover up undisclosed misconduct.

In the hearing Tuesday, prosecutors said they recently interviewed another alleged victim, identified only as Individual D, who came forward and is considering whether to testify at Hastert's upcoming sentencing hearing. It was also revealed that the sister of another alleged victim wants to testify, according to the transcript.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:28 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watc ... story.html

Dennis Hastert accused of sexual abuse by at least 4, sources say

For months, federal authorities have hinted at the motive behind the hush-money payments former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert has admitted to making: the sexual abuse of a teenage boy when Hastert was still a suburban high school teacher and wrestling coach.

But now, a Tribune investigation has uncovered new details of the case — at least four people have made what law enforcement sources say are credible allegations of sexual abuse against Hastert.

The Tribune has determined the identities of three of them, all men, whose allegations stretch over a decade when they were teenagers and Hastert was their coach. One is dead. The Tribune has approached the other two — described in federal court records as Individuals A and D — and confirmed their roles in the case.

[...]

Burdge said her brother left Yorkville right after graduation, and he never looked back. He graduated from the University of Illinois and moved to Los Angeles to try to make it in film production. He died of AIDS in August 1995 at age 42. She was at his side in an LA hospice.

Burdge said Hastert came to the visitation in Yorkville. As he left, Burdge chased him down in the parking lot. She asked Hastert why "you did what you did" to her brother.

"He just stood there and stared at me, stone-faced," she said. "Then I went on to say, 'The secret didn't die in there with (my brother), and I want you to know, I know.' He just looked at me and turned around and went to his car. It was silence then and silence now."

A decade passed in which Burdge said she watched as Hastert gathered power in Congress. She first tried to speak out publicly in 2006, after Hastert and other top Republicans drew criticism for their handling of a scandal involving improper advances by then-Rep. Mark Foley of Florida toward underage male pages. She said she contacted various media outlets and two prominent victim advocates but got nowhere.

It would take nearly another decade before anyone in authority listened.
Last edited by RocketMan on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:35 am

but poor Denny's in a wheelchair...... too old and sick to be punished....take your suitcase.....full of all those Turkish bribes to your grave Denny
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion