The Charleston Church Shooting, the WACL & Operation Gladio

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Charleston Church Shooting, the WACL & Operation Gla

Postby American Dream » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Shawn Le Guerrier In News Again

Shawn Le Guerrier, 28, was charged with wilfully promoting hatred, uttering threats and several counts of mischief in connection with the attacks on April 12 and April 25 at the Islam Care Centre on Somerset Street West and the Ottawa Mosque on Northwestern Avenue. He was also charged with two counts of assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest and several counts of violating his release conditions.

According to court records, Le Guerrier called 911 himself to report the first incident on April 12, saying that he had smashed windows at the Islam Care Centre on Somerset Street and the Ottawa Mosque on Northwestern Avenue. He told the dispatcher he was in a “dissociative state” — a psychiatric term indicating a detachment from reality. Le Guerrier was arrested and released the next day with orders he stay away from both locations.

On April 19, a small fire was set at the rear of the centre and police later found Le Guerrier’s fingerprints on a piece of canvas found at the scene.

Then, on April 25, Le Guerrier was in a Bank Street bar and bought a beer for woman he had met. When he found out she was Jewish, however, he began berating her with anti-Semitic comments and making Nazi salutes. Police were called and pepper-sprayed Le Guerrier, but he was able to escape and ran to the nearby Islam Care Centre and again hurled a rock through a window.

At his trial on Dec. 18, Le Guerrier pleaded not guilty to all charges and was found not criminally responsible for his actions by Justice Robert Graydon.

http://anti-racistcanada.blogspot.com/2 ... again.html
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:33 pm

TW: Extreme hatred and violence

The Alt-Right is Killing People

The crime scene in Isla Vista, California. Elliot Rodger killed seven and injured 14 in a killing spree in 2014.

The Killings Started in California

The timeline for alt-right killers began on May 23, 2014.

On that day, college sophomore Elliot Rodger stabbed his three roommates to death before driving to a sorority house at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and shooting several women. He then killed or injured several pedestrians with both gunfire and his vehicle before exchanging fire with police and eventually taking his own life. He ultimately killed six and wounded 14.

Rodger left behind a sprawling 107,000-word manifesto titled, “My Twisted World: The Story of Elliot Rodger,” which contained passages lamenting his inability to find a girlfriend, expressing extreme misogyny and various racist positions including disgust for interracial couples (despite the fact that he was multi-racial himself).

“How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself,” Rodger wrote. “I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves.”

In a video, uploaded to YouTube just prior to his violent rampage titled, “Elliot Rodger’s Retribution,” Rodger tells his audience, “Well, this is my last video, it all has to come to this. Tomorrow is the day of retribution, the day in which I will have my revenge against humanity, against all of you. … College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure. Within those years, I’ve had to rot in loneliness. It’s not fair.”

Rodger frequented PUAhate, a deeply misogynistic forum populated by failed “pick up artists” dedicated to revealing, “the scams, deception, and misleading marketing techniques used by dating gurus and the seduction community to deceive men and profit from them.” Discussions about women on the forum are at best objectifying and at worst, violent.

In his manifesto, Rodger fantasized about putting all women in concentrations camps to starve while he watched “gleefully” from a tower. It is celebrated on some alt-right sites, like The Right Stuff’s 504um.

User “Doctor Mayhem” annotates excerpts from Rodger’s manifesto in a thread titled, “Elliot Rodger Did Nothing Wrong: Why Yellow Fever is Okay.”

“Basically, all you need to know is that seeing blonde girls with niggers made Elliot RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE like a billion pissed off Pepes,” Mayhem writes towards the end of his post. “We all know the end result. DEAD SLUTS! So White men of all kinds! No need to fear creating hapas! [a term denoting someone of partial Asian or Pacific Islander descent] In fact, you are a much superior man for the creation of them! LET ALL NEGLECTED HAPA BOYS KILL SLUTS IN THE NAME OF WHITE SHARIA!”

He concludes, “ALL HAIL THE PATRON SAINT OF WHITE SHARIA!”

The term, “white sharia,” allegedly coined by Sacco Vandal of the popular alt-right site Vandal Void, is a radical response to the Patrick Buchanan’s argument in Death of the West: that the increase in immigration and decline of white birthrates is leading to the end of Western civilization.

Vandal argues for an end to women’s suffrage and stripping them of all political, legal, and economic power from them. “Our men need harems, and the members of those harems need to be baby factories,” Vandal writes. “This is not about muh dicking nor beta revenge uprisings. These are cold, calculated plans to save our dying race. … White Sharia is a blueprint for salvation.”

Rodger’s celebration at the 504um, one of the premier alt-right forums, is the rule rather than the exception, and locates misogyny at the core of the alt-right.

Take for instance “Just what are traditional gender roles?” an article written by notorious hacker and troll Andrew “Weev” Auernheimer at the Daily Stormer — one of the alt-right’s most repugnant and successful propaganda engines — in response to those “counter signaling” the “white sharia.”

“Rape is a property crime and nothing more,” Auernheimer writes. “Regular slapping and the occasional vicious beating of a woman was a necessity in every household. Women need to be regularly disciplined to keep their heads about them.”

Auernheimer continues, “Man up, put women under your heel, throw away their birth control and make them bear you children and take care of your house. If they resist, discipline them. … All we are pushing for is a return to the status of women we had in the early 19th century before Jews and their feminism ruined our civilization. This should not be controversial. If you are opposing WHITE SHARIA because you disagree with women being reduced to the status of property to be beaten and fucked at the whims of her husband, you are a faggot and a cuckold and have no place in any right-wing site, and instead belong at the bottom of festering bogs like Reddit and Voat.”

Andrew Anglin, the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer’s founder and chief propagandist, has his own troubling history of vicious misogyny, tracking all the way back to high school.

According to an account published by The Atlantic, Anglin’s high school girlfriend told him that she was raped by a friend’s older brother while passed out at a party. He allegedly responded by calling her a “slut” and encouraged girls from another high school to harass her for weeks. Both the misogyny and harassing behaviors are recognizable on the present-day Daily Stormer

In the aftermath of Rodger’s killing spree, a user at 4chan/b/ posted a photo from Rodger’s Facebook page with the note, “Elliot Rodger, the supreme gentleman, was part of /b/. Discuss.” This sentiment was echoed by other /b/ users who found similarities between his lexicon and that of the noxious board, including the term “beta,” used by men online to describe themselves as lacking the physicality, charisma and confidence associated with alpha males. It also denotes a level of isolation or withdrawal.

The term resurfaced on 4chan/r9k/ in the wake of a shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, by Chris Harper-Mercer, who killed nine and wounded at least seven others at the college on October 1, 2015.

“This is only the beginning. The Beta Rebellion has begun,” one anonymous user wrote. “Soon, more of our brothers will take up arms to become martyrs to this revolution.”

Although never proven, it is widely speculated that Harper-Mercer was a user on the board as warnings against attending school the following day that circulated on the eve of the shooting. Authorities believe Harper-Mercer, who like Rodger was multi-racial, was also motivated by white supremacist ideas. The Government Accountability Office categorized the Roseburg killings as “white supremacist” in an April 2017 report.

Many on the alt-right, including some of its most notorious leaders, like Anglin, spent their early ideological years submerged in extreme image and message boards like 4chan and 8chan. Many credit them with their “red pilling” — a reference to a scene from The Matrix in which the main character chooses between remaining in a comfortable illusion or facing a harsh, but true, reality—which requires taking a red pill.

https://www.splcenter.org/20180205/alt- ... ing-people
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Alex Jones blamed the Finsbury Park attack on Muslims. It was actually inspired by one of his regular guests.

Trial proceedings against the accused Finsbury Park attacker reveal he was motivated by the anti-Muslim commentary of extremist Tommy Robinson

During the early morning of June 19, 2017, a man drove a 3.5 ton van into a crowd in Finsbury Park, London. The attacker targeted worshippers leaving the nearby Muslim Welfare House mosque after finishing evening prayers. One man was killed and 10 others were injured. The driver of the van reportedly shouted that he wanted to "kill all Muslims" before being arrested.

As the first details of the attack emerged, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was hosting a special edition live broadcast of his show to coincide with the airing of Megyn Kelly’s controversial interview of Jones for her short-lived Sunday night NBC show. Guest co-host Mike Cernovich first mentioned the incident, saying, “Looks like some kind of van attack in London, so there might be more breaking news.” Jones responded sarcastically saying, “Well, that’s not Muslims. Muslims never do anything wrong.”

Moments later Cernovich returned to the attack saying, “Breaking news: Man arrested after van plows into people outside of a London mosque.” Jones again reacted sarcastically, saying, “But it has nothing to do with Islam, right, Cernovich?” and said, “Then they say we’re anti-Islam. Yeah, I’m anti-Stone Age insanity, women wearing beekeeper suits.” Cernovich and Jones then went on an anti-Muslim diatribe that included Jones commenting that “Muslims are allowed to rape because it’s their culture, but then if a woman gets drunk and has sex, oh you date-raped her.”

The driver of the van, Darren Osborne, is now on trial. Proceedings have indicated that Osborne was radicalized in a matter of weeks as he became obsessed with the commentary of Tommy Robinson, a former leader of the violent anti-Muslim hate group English Defence League, Rebel Media employee, and frequent guest of Alex Jones.

According to English law enforcement, Osborne “became radicalised in just three to four weeks, as evidence from devices he used show him reading posts by the former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson, far-right group Britain First and other extremists.” Osborne’s partner testified that Osborne was “brainwashed” by Robinson and others and said, “Darren has been watching a lot of Tommy Robinson stuff on the internet. I have pleaded with Darren to stop watching this sort of thing, but he just wouldn’t stop.”

The Independent reported that Osborne began consuming anti-Muslim material in the weeks before the attack from a variety of sources before zeroing in on Robinson and joining his email list. According to the Independent, “After picking up the van, Osborne started an intense bout of online activity, repeatedly searching Mr Robinson’s name and viewing his tweets alongside derogatory articles on Sadiq Khan and Jeremy Corbyn for more than two hours.” During testimony at the trial, Osborne admitted that he hoped to kill Khan, London’s mayor, and Corbyn, the leader of the Labour Party.

Robinson is a frequent guest and topic of conversation on Jones’ program. In fact, hours after the attack, on June 19, 2017, Jones hosted Infowars Editor-at-Large Paul Joseph Watson and the two downplayed the attack and offered a preemptive defense of Robinson. Watson predicted that “leftists” would probably “go after” Robinson in reaction to the attack. Jones said, “We should get Tommy Robinson on. He’s never done anything violent, he’s done nothing wrong.” (While Robinson was criticized in the wake of the attack, the fact that the attacker was an avid consumer of his commentary wasn’t reported until January 2018.)

According to a search of Jones’ YouTube channel, in the past several years, Robinson has made frequent remote appearances on Jones show -- he has previously been refused entry to the U.S. -- to spread anti-Muslim hate. Robinson was on Jones’ show as recently as February 7, where he and Jones smeared Muslims as massively inbred.

Jones’ channel has promoted Robinson's appearances with titles like “Tommy Robinson’s Desperate Emergency Warning of Impending Islamic Takeover” and “Tommy Robinson: After Manchester Bombing, Muslims Claim They Have Nothing To Be Sorry For.”

During the intro of a video with the title “If The UK Continues To Fail Its Citizens English Men Will Take The Law Into Their Own Hands,” Robinson encouraged people to act extrajudicially against what he saw as the threat of Muslims, saying, “The situation in France -- I think England will be different. I can see a point when English men are going to react, and react en masse. I’d say by the phone calls I’ve been receiving all week that they’re pushing the point closer all ready. I don’t see any -- we have no -- there is no reasonable solution to this. … So to get through this and to bring the change we need there’s going to be chaos either way.” That video was posted on June 6, 2017 -- 13 days before the Finsbury Park attack.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/ ... sts/219319
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:23 am

Italy’s New Racist Storm

BY RICHARD BRODIE

A fascist terrorist attack has highlighted the growing threat of Italy’s far right in the lead-up to the March 4 elections.

Refugees and migrants are seen waiting to disembark after arriving in port on June 12, 2017 in Reggio Calabria, Italy. Chris McGrath / Getty Images

One month before Italy goes to the polls, the conflict over immigration, and the future of migrant communities, has exploded. The European question has disappeared. For a moment, discussions around universal income and other forms of poor relief entered the stage. But these too have quickly receded in the wake of the attack on the morning of Saturday, February 3, when a fascist shot eight West Africans on the street in Macerata.

Faced with mass youth emigration and a stalled economy with seemingly no way out, practically all of the electoral parties have scapegoated immigrants for years. The days are over of praising migrant rescues at sea and the welcoming nature of ordinary Italians. For two years both the opposition parties and the government have shifted to the right, the former through ratcheting up racist, xenophobic rhetoric and the latter in criminalizing solidarity and all but closing the Mediterranean route, effectively condemning hundreds of thousands of people to the Libyan inferno.

In the Macerata attack, all the racism which has been fostered by the media and political class to create an ideological distraction from the material problems of the working class boiled over into a horrific act of fascist violence, in the process accelerating the tendency as the election nears: a train of hatred hurtling towards the end of the track.

A Saturday Morning in the Marche

On Saturday morning, at least eight young West Africans were shot on the streets of Macerata, near the eastern coast of central Italy. The worst hit was a twenty-eight-year-old man from Mali, Mahamadou Touré, who remains in intensive care with liver trauma. A second man, Festus Omagbon, from Nigeria, was buying some West African foodstuffs with a friend from Ghana, both of whom are residents of an asylum-seeker hostel in the town. They were shot in the ribs and arm, respectively. A young Gambian man, Omar Fadera, received a grazing wound.

Jennifer Otiotio, again from Nigeria, was the only woman shot. Only seven months in Italy, she lives in an asylum-seeker project, working occasionally as a hairdresser. Her left hand is fractured. She was waiting for the bus with her partner, who pushed her body aside from the direct line of the gun when he heard the shots. “The real wound isn’t the one you can see, it’s not the one on my body,” she told journalists. “I’m much worse inside than I look on the outside. I never did anything bad to anyone, I was smiling and chatting with three other people. Now I don’t feel I can go around in peace.”

Another young Nigerian, Gideon, was riding his bicycle and was shot in the hip. “I scream and scream before I went to bus stop, before they come and pick me and take me to hospital,” he says in a YouTube video. Having arrived in Italy from Nigeria four years ago, he now finds himself without the right to remain in the country. He checked himself out quickly, scared for his legal situation. Indeed, these are only the six people we know were shot on Saturday morning; there were at least two more who did not go to the police or the hospital.

The victims inadvertently form a snapshot of the new generation of migrants in Italy, the generation that now stands in the political crosshairs: Gideon, here for the longest time, now finds himself with neither documents nor a hostel. And of the six, only one was a woman, aptly reflecting the predominance of men in Italy’s most recent wave of migration. Furthermore, two people were shot but did not report themselves: and this is perhaps the most significant fact that the fascist attacker managed to bring to light, that even in the face of the most appalling danger, people will still make themselves invisible to protect their ability to remain in Europe, the condition for hyper-exploitation which, as we will see, underlines the entire process of division within the working class in Italy.

These young West Africans were all shot by Luca Traini, a skinhead with a copy of Mein Kampf in his bedroom and who ran as a candidate in the local elections last year for the right-wing Northern League party (he received no votes). After his drive-by shootings he stopped at the town’s fascist war memorial, wrapped an Italian flag around his neck, gave a fascist salute, and shouted “Viva l’Italia.”

Traini, unemployed and living with his grandmother, seemed to have turned to fascist views around three years ago, around the time he bought a Glock 0.9 with a sports gun license. His gym instructor says that over the past few years he has hung around not only the Northern League but also the explicitly fascist organizations Forza Nuova and Casa Pound. After making racist jokes and fascist salutes in the gym, he was kicked out in October. He has a fascist symbol tattooed on his head.

Despite all of this, most Italian journalists and politicians have been reluctant to call him a fascist, with Repubblica, the Corriere della Sera, and RAI instead opting for “racist,” “madman,” and “lone wolf,” following the established rituals by which European states and the US protect white supremacist organizations from public scrutiny. He has explained his motives as “wanting to shoot the blacks who sell drugs.”

Femicide and the Racist Turn

Before stopping at the fascist war memorial, Traini briefly drove to the site where two bags had been found three days before. Inside were the brutalized remains of a young Italian woman, Pamela Mastropietro. It is the events surrounding her death that provoked Traini to commit his attempted assassinations.

Pamela, originally from Rome, had moved to Macerata in October, to a rehabilitation center for drug addicts. She disappeared from the center on January 30. She met an Italian man who took her from her rehab center to Macerata, and apparently paid her €50 in exchange for sex. She subsequently went to buy a syringe from a pharmacy and then, it seems, went to the apartment of a Nigerian man, Innocent Oseghale. It is now known that she died of an overdose. Her body was later cut up and hidden. Oseghale remains under arrest and is charged with concealing evidence and desecration of a human corpse, though not murder. Traini has said that he originally thought of going to the court to attack Oseghale.

Pamela’s parents have made it clear that they want no part in this instrumentalization of their daughter’s death by the right-wing:

We only want justice. An exemplary sentence for the man who killed and cut up our daughter. But we strongly condemn the attack. We’re not racists and Pamela herself, if she were still alive, would be horrified by this hateful act. . . . We’re good people. Welcoming migrants can be done well, and on March 4 everyone can go to the ballot knowing how to vote.

These have perhaps been the most progressive words to have reached the mainstream media over the past few days. Indeed, the effect of the attack has not been a polarization of views but a sudden jolt to the right. Even while Touré and Otiotio remain badly wounded in hospital, Forza Nuova, a neo-fascist electoral front, expressed its solidarity with the shooter. This was an unpredictable and risky maneuver which sparked off a chain of political reactions. The next day, all the centrist and right-wing parties took a step to the right in their statements.

Matteo Salvini of the right-wing Northern League, whose party has played a central role in churning up racism in Italy for almost two decades (shifting from hatred of Southern Italians to Muslims to black people), has had a privileged position on the airwaves, blaming the attacks on “those who are filling up our country” and stating that “it’s clear that uncontrolled immigration, an organized, willed, and financed invasion of the the kind we’ve seen over recent years, leads to social conflict.”

But this time it was not only the Northern League that chimed in about deportations and security: the ostensibly center-left Democratic Party leader and former premier, Matteo Renzi, has declared that “Italy and Italians ought be defended by the police, not mad gunmen,” promising ten thousand more police on the streets. He thus curiously implied that somehow Luca Traini was defending Italians. The interior minister, Marco Minniti, claims that his plan to close the Mediterranean route was effected in order to avoid this kind of attack. Former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi made a snap promise to deport six hundred thousand people if he returns to power, describing migration as a “social bomb.”

It ought to be reiterated: these are the reactions to an armed fascist attack on black people. In Rome, a group of ultras (far-right football hooligans) displayed a banner in solidarity with the fascist shooter.

The calls for police on the streets and migrants to be forced onto planes headed for Africa (already a weekly occurrence) are being supported through a conservative instrumentalizing of a weak feminism, as misogynistic in its chivalry as it is violent in its racism. Despite the many victims of the last few days, the figure to be protected after the events of the last week remains the white woman and not black people, men and women alike. The dog whistle calls for “justice for Pamela” are reflected in Traini’s own expressed regret for having shot Jennifer, the only female victim of his racist shooting spree.

In the context of Italy’s own violent misogyny, this is more than a rehabilitation of an old racist and fascist trope; it amounts to an attempt to neutralize the progressive and leftist movements calling for a politics that might confront the growing rate of violence against women. As the left-feminist network NON UNA DI MENO put it in a statement of solidarity with the victims of Saturday’s attack, “The femicide of Pamela M. adds to those committed at the hands of boyfriends, husbands and exes, the majority of which happen within a close circle of friends and family members. This is simply the tip of the iceberg of a general phenomenon: male violence against women.”

Continues at: https://jacobinmag.com/2018/02/italy-el ... ata-attack
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Terror victims Donald Trump won’t talk about: Americans killed by the “alt-right”

The "alt-right" is the tip of the spear, and a distillation of the social pathologies and broken civic culture that elected Donald Trump. In essence, the "alt-right" provides the shock troops, and arguably the ideological vanguard, for Trump's and the Republican Party's white identity movement.

What do we know about white supremacists and other members of the so-called "alt-right" movement? A recent working paper titled, "A Psychological Profile of the Alt-Right" by psychologists Patrick Forscher and Nour Kteily offers some preliminary answers.

They are overwhelmingly white and male.

They exhibit the "dark triad" of personality traits which are Machiavellianism, narcissism and psychopathy.

They are radicalized online first through appeals to misogyny and sexism and the lie that white men are "oppressed." From that "men's rights" indoctrination, these white men are then socialized into white supremacy.

They possess little if any reluctance to use violence to obtain their personal and political goals.

They are motivated by racism and not the much discussed and incorrect narrative of "economic anxiety."

They are not "lone wolves" or isolated, stereotypical "losers."

They dehumanize other groups, especially black people, and also believe that white people should have special collective rights and privileges.

Dutch documentary filmmaker Patrik Hermansson infiltrated "alt-right" organizations in both the U.S. and the United Kingdom. During his year undercover, he learned a great deal about their values, beliefs and organizing strategies. Hermansson told the Guardian that he recorded people "who wanted to deport Jews and Muslims and who talked of murdering leftwing opponents, and . . . who boasted of direct links to the Trump administration."

A common question I get is: “Aren’t they just doing this for fun?” particularly given the strong online and trolling presence. The answer is no. Jokes and irony are an important aspect of the online spheres where the “alternative right” mobilises but it cloaks an effective means of radicalising young people and getting the message out. Behind the irony and trolling are much more sinister ideas.

Hermansson also warned of the numbing effect of "alt-right" ideology, writing that the group's "extreme views started to feel almost normal" after months spent in their community:

I became desensitised and started to lose perspective of how absurd their ideology was. Ideas that I once reacted viscerally to I could listen to for hours without raising an eyebrow.

Allowing these hateful ideas to go unchallenged normalizes them. It brings about a creeping acceptance: even if you’re fundamentally against these notions you learn to live with them. Indeed, I was told that this is an explicit strategy by some of the leaders of these groups.

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/13/terror ... alt-right/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:49 pm

University of Nebraska-Lincoln students fear alt-right activist on campus is a ticking time bomb

By Chauncey Alcorn

University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s student government is hosting a “Hate Will Not Win” rally Wednesday to send a message of defiance to their fellow Cornhusker, a self-described white nationalist named Daniel Kleve.

The action is just the latest in a string of events over the last nine days that started when a video of Kleve talking about his racist views and lust for violence went viral Feb. 5. On Saturday, the UNL men’s basketball team wore matching “Hate Will Never Win” T-shirts in response to the controversy. Other UNL students hosted their own town-hall-style meeting Tuesday to discuss ways to address the situation on campus.

“Just because I dress like a normie, a presentable person, doesn’t mean that I don’t love violence,” Kleve said in one of the Google Hangout videos leaked by the antifascist activist group Antifa Nebraska. “I want to be violent. Trust me. Really violent. It’s just not the right time. We need to build ourselves up. We need to be disciplined. We need to train ourselves and make ourselves hard ... so that when the time comes, we can do what needs to be done.”

Continues at: https://mic.com/articles/187856/univers ... time-bomb#
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:43 am

State Terrorism: A Genocidal Tool of Social Control

Today in the United States, the categorization of ‘terrorism’ is somewhat recognized as inconsistent and racist: Arabs “are,” and white people are not. Nevertheless, being black and angry has been criminalized by so-called “Black Identity Extremists” being labeled terrorists. It’s necessary to recognize terrorist acts of the State in order to avoid racist inconsistencies such as ‘black people’ and ‘Arabs’ ‘terrorize,’ while the government and the police don’t (a clear example of institutionalized racism).

https://godsandradicals.org/2018/02/15/ ... l-control/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:38 pm

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... e-neo-nazi’s-life’s-work-fueling-younger-generation/

Atomwaffen and the SIEGE parallax: how one neo-Nazi’s life’s work is fueling a younger generation

February 22, 2018 Hatewatch Staff

The racist “alt-right” is killing people.

It’s fact, not fantasy. In the last four years, at least 13 young men have inflicted tragedies after steeping their psyches in hate forums, websites and across social networking apps.

Some have scythed into cultural consciousness. Millions know the name Dylann Storm Roof. But many millions more have never heard of neo-Nazi hate group Atomwaffen Division (AWD) and the Iron March forum — the online race-hate incubator where AWD met, recruited and congregated.

Nevertheless, that forum and this group exemplify recent trends in the more youthful strains of online extremism and radicalization. Many eventual recruits appear to be joining online social networks before becoming members of an established hate group.

And as organized hate groups recruit and centralize in relative obscurity online before ever manifesting “irl” (“in real life”), the void of domestic efforts to counter radicalization grows as fast as young potential recruits move across the web and transition between apps.

In less than a year, AWD has proven how young men, some in their teens and early 20s, can steepen the arc of their own radicalization when they gather together. The group has also attracted peers via slick, sophisticated digital propaganda, much of which directed traffic to Iron March (IM) before that forum was taken offline in the fall of 2017.

Though it has been in existence since at least October 2015, AWD is only now grabbing headlines, as five murders have been linked to either members, like Devon Arthurs, 18; alleged members, like Samuel Woodward, 20; or individuals, like Nicholas Giampa, 17, who associated closely with the group online.

Giampa stands accused of executing his girlfriend’s parents, Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, and Scott Fricker, 48. The pair intervened to remove Giampa from their daughter’s life when the depths of his support of violent race-hate became apparent. According to Huffington Post, his Twitter feed shows, “a 17-year-old who’d drifted beyond the trolling of his teenage peers on the internet far-right and was fully in thrall to the racist, apocalyptic fantasia of white nationalism ... [who] tweeted about his hatred of transgender people and his admiration for Adolf Hitler. He tweeted about using Jews as target practice.”

ImageBut what nurtured these young men’s propensity for violence? In the case of AWD, much has been made of the group’s fetishizing of Charles Manson and their cherishing of an obscure neo-Nazi polemic called SIEGE, a work that stridently promotes terrorism.

Behind such references stands James Mason, who produced SIEGE as a newsletter from 1980 until the summer of 1986. Mason’s presence in the organized neo-Nazi movement in this country stretches back to the mid-1960s, when he was just 14 years old.

For AWD members, it’s not about “Helter Skelter” or the gory details of the Manson Family murders alone. It’s about racial terrorism, The Family and its murders – and their broader cultural impact. Here Mason serves as a philosophical totem and provides a template for action.

To miss the significance of Mason’s influence in the dark, sensational luster of Manson is to lose a vital recognition; SIEGE and AWD are obsessed with a racial revolution, not a cultural one like Manson’s.

AWD has only recently begun associating itself so synonymously with Mason and SIEGE, and that’s a dangerous development. Mason and his writings preach the praxis of leaderless, cell-structured terrorism and white revolution. Furthermore, there is a plethora of terrorists and fringe texts beyond Mason’s that motivate and inspire the group. Many of these texts are valued in other sectors of the far-right. Importantly, Mason “achieved” much within neo-Nazism before he was out of his 20s: This is important for young men who, sometimes literally, are gathering around Mason and steeping themselves in his revolutionary philosophy and polemics.

They, too, hope to “achieve,” but understanding what that means is equally challenging and vital.

Continues at: https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... e-neo-nazi’s-life’s-work-fueling-younger-generation/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Inside Atomwaffen As It Celebrates a Member for Allegedly Killing a Gay Jewish College Student

ProPublica obtained the chat logs of Atomwaffen, a notorious white supremacist group. When Samuel Woodward was charged with killing 19-year-old Blaze Bernstein last month in California, other Atomwaffen members cheered the death, concerned only that the group’s cover might have been blown.

Just how many people belong to Atomwaffen is unknown. The ex-member told ProPublica that the group has enlisted about 80 members across the country, many of whom joined after the deadly events in Charlottesville last summer.

An internal Atomwaffen document obtained by ProPublica shows members scattered across 23 states and Canada. The group’s largest chapters are based in Virginia, Texas and Washington, according to a message posted in the chats by an Atomwaffen recruiter last summer.

“Each chapter operates independently,” wrote the recruiter. “We want men who are willing to be the boots on the ground. Joining us means serious dedication not only to the Atomwaffen Division and its members, but to the goal of Total Aryan Victory.”

A review of the chat logs shows messages posted by people using more than 100 different user names. Access to the discussions is tightly controlled, and it is unclear if some members post under multiple usernames.

Denton has helped build the organization around the ideas expressed in an obscure, hyper-violent book: “Siege.” The 563-page book collects and organizes the monthly newsletters produced during the 1980s by an old-line neo-Nazi activist named James Mason. It is required reading for all Atomwaffen members and serves as the backbone for the organization’s ideology, worldview and training program.

When Mason began publishing his newsletter in 1980, he was bitter and deeply dismayed. He had devoted his life to the fascist cause, joining the American Nazi Party in the mid-1960s, at the age of 14. But the movement had completely failed.

For Mason, the way forward was obvious: He no longer wanted to convince the masses of the rightness of Nazism. They would never get it. Now was the time for true believers to go underground and launch a clandestine guerrilla war aimed at bringing down “The System.”

“Siege” is essentially a long string of essays celebrating murder and chaos in the name of white supremacy. In Mason’s view, Dan White, the local politician who assassinated San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and gay civil rights leader Harvey Milk, was a hero.

Mason proposed the creation of a White Liberation Front composed of small armed squads that would “hide in wilderness areas,” moving frequently from location to location while striking out in a string of “hit-and-run engagements.” Mason based this proposed organization on the short-lived National Socialist Liberation Front, a small splinter group of the American Nazi Party that formed in 1969 and espoused the strategic use of political terrorism.

Grayson Patrick Denton

Aliases: Nazgul, Leon

Grayson Patrick Denton is the 19-year-old brother of Atomwaffen leader John Cameron Denton. He is a member of the Texas cell.

The chat logs show that Denton and other Atomwaffen figures are in contact with Mason, who is 65 and is said to be living in Denver, Colorado; in one online conversation, Samuel Woodward wrote about meeting with Mason face to face along with other Atomwaffen members. In chats, members frequently post pictures of Mason and revere him as a brilliant, under-appreciated thinker.

ProPublica was unable to contact Mason.

Jeffrey Kaplan, the academic at King Fahd Defense College in Riyadh, interviewed Mason in the 1990s and spoke to ProPublica about Mason’s outlook and the groups he inspires, such as Atomwaffen.

He describes Mason as “a true believer.”

“Now he’s got a following, which he didn’t have for the last 30 years,” Kaplan said. “He’s got some kids who’ve rediscovered him. He must be in heaven.”

As Kaplan sees it, groups such as Atomwaffen — would-be Nazi guerrillas devoted to white revolution in the U.S. — are “akin to cults,” and are propelled by a quasi-religious faith that they will ultimately prevail. He continued, “What else would sustain you when everyone hates you?”

John Cameron Denton, based on interviews and the material obtained by ProPublica, comes across as something of a cult leader. Lately he has been pushing for Atomwaffen members to pool money and purchase land in rural areas so they can “get the fuck off the grid,” and begin implementing their revolutionary agenda. The former member said Denton envisions using this network of Atomwaffen compounds to launch attacks against targets in the U.S.

The leader is already girding for a confrontation with law enforcement. “I do expect that one day I'll get raided,” wrote Denton in one chat message. “I'm not gonna have a shoot out or anything stupid like that, but I just dont rule out possibilities because I know the govt doesnt play by the rules."

...Before Samuel Woodward was jailed on charges of murdering Blaze Bernstein, he frequently participated in the Atomwaffen chats. First he used the handle Saboteur. Later he posted under the name Arn.

Often, Woodward sounded like a typical 20-year-old. He enthused about video games (BioShock, Skyrim) and TV shows (he liked the early seasons of “Trailer Park Boys,” a Canadian comedy series). He complained about not having a girlfriend.

But Woodward also railed at “mongrels and jews” and gays.

He praised Mein Kampf and seemed to regard “Siege” as something akin to divine revelation; from his perspective, violence and society-shaking mayhem were the only options for a true Nazi.

That orientation attracted him to outlaw groups like the National Socialist Underground, a German organization that carried out a massive terror spree between 2001 and 2011, robbing 14 banks, planting bombs and murdering 10 people, most of them immigrants. “The NSU was pretty cool,” Woodward wrote.

In one conversation, Woodward discussed the Bosnian Civil War of the 1990s, during which Serbian soldiers and paramilitary fighters raped thousands of Bosnian Muslim women as part of an infamous campaign of ethnic cleansing. “The only acceptable case of miscegenation is what the serbs did to captured bosniak women,” he wrote in November 2017.

Woodward liked the idea of using rape to terrorize women of color, whom he saw as his foes. “Force them to carry around the spawn of their master and enemy,” he wrote.

ProPublica sought comment on the chats from Woodward’s lawyer, Edward Munoz, but did not get a response.

On Jan. 26, ProPublica published a story revealing Woodward’s belief in Nazism and exposing his involvement with Atomwaffen.

Read more: https://www.propublica.org/article/atom ... hate-group
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:31 am

The persistent gaslighting of Muslims about Islamophobia

A year after the Quebec mosque massacre, mainstream media outlets and state counterterrorism publications continue to propagate the misperception that Muslims are the primary source of terror in Canada, rather than some of the primary victims.

Aymen Derbali, a victim who was shot seven times, is comforted during a vigil to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the Quebec City mosque shooting in Quebec City, on Jan. 29.

By AZEEZAH KANJI Opinion
Thu., Feb. 8, 2018

Last week — the same week that marked the one-year anniversary of the Quebec mosque massacre, the most fatal act of ideology-inspired violence in Canada since 1989 — the Parliamentary Heritage Committee released the fruits of its months-long study on Islamophobia and systemic racism.

The shooting rampage in the Centre Culturel Islamique de Quebec, which killed six men and injured 19 others, emblematized the deadly power of Islamophobia in Canada. And the Heritage Committee’s report, which largely ignores Islamophobia’s deep and pervasive Canadian roots, epitomizes the gross inadequacy of the government’s response.

One year after Azzedine Soufiane, Abdelkrim Hassane, Mohamedou Tanou Barry, Ibrahima Barry, Aboubaker Thabti, and Khaled Belkacemi were gunned down after evening prayers on Jan. 29 last year, the reality is that the myths that fuel anti-Muslim hatred remain as prevalent as ever.

Surveys conducted since the shooting have found that 46 per cent of Canadians have negative views of Islam, 44 per cent of Ontarians think police are justified in racially profiling Muslims, fewer than half of Canadians would find it acceptable for one of their children to marry a Muslim, and 51 per cent support government surveillance of mosques.

Mainstream media outlets and state counterterrorism publications continue to propagate the misperception that Muslims are the primary source of terror in Canada, rather than some of the primary victims — even though White supremacist and right-wing extremists have murdered and maimed several times more people in Canada than Muslim extremists ever have.

The Quebec mosque shooting received four times less coverage in major Canadian media than the Boston Marathon bombing, although the assault on the mosque was more fatal and happened in Canada. CBC’s flagship news program The National spent five minutes of airtime on the mosque shooting the night it occurred — a stark contrast to the many hours of live reporting and commentary devoted to the London Bridge attack (in which three British Muslim men killed eight people) five months later.

CSIS has produced two reports on terrorism in Canada since Jan. 29, 2017; neither mentions the Quebec mosque shooting at all, or the metastasizing menace of right-wing extremists and White supremacists.

Public Safety Canada’s “2017 Public Report on the Terrorist Threat to Canada,” published 11 months after the mosque shooting, includes only two paragraphs on right-wing and White-supremacist violence.

It insists that Muslims constitute “the principal terrorist threat to Canada,” while claiming the activities of the extreme right are merely “sporadic” and “predominantly [conducted] online” — even as groups like PEGIDA, the III%, and Soldiers of Odin brazenly commit regular real-world acts of aggression, such as border patrols, mosque stakeouts, paramilitary training exercises, and rallies against immigration and Islam.

Young Muslims who play paintball are treated as security threats — while Alexandre Bissonnette, who’s charged in the Quebec shooting case, was able to practice at a gun range without attracting suspicion. State security agents hound Muslims at their schools and places of work — while not a single Canadian politician bothered to visit shooting survivor Aymen Derbali, who was permanently paralyzed while trying to shield others from bullets.

For the last decade-and-a-half, Muslim communities have endured a steady stream of hostility and harassment, from intrusive surveillance in our most intimate spaces to violent assaults in public places. And yet, widespread denialism about Islamophobia persists, including in the Heritage Committee study purporting to investigate Islamophobia in Canada.

The committee’s report says nothing about security agencies’ repeated abuses of Muslims’ basic rights: not a word about the Muslim men tortured with Canadian complicity, or about the Muslim kids barred from travelling because of Canada’s no-fly list. And it says little about the continuing Islamophobic stereotypes that rationalize these abuses: government and media representations of Muslims as “terrorist” threats.

In fact, the committee’s study on Islamophobia says remarkably little about Islamophobia at all. Instead of analyzing the forms of systemic discrimination that Muslims experience, it fixates on semantic debates about the appropriateness of the term “Islamophobia.” (As Toronto Star columnist Martin Regg Cohn observed, “If we demand precision, what of anti-Semitism, a word that has been accepted for centuries to describe 2,000 years of persecution against Jews?” — even though not all Jewish people are Semitic, and not all Semites are Jewish.)

Only one of the Heritage Committee’s 30 recommendations deals specifically with Islamophobia: the call to recognize Jan. 29 as a National Day of Remembrance and Action on Islamophobia.

But one day of remembrance cannot begin to counter 364 days of anti-Muslim racism — particularly when the reality of Islamophobia in Canada continues to be denied, even after the cold-blooded killing of six Muslims in a mosque.

Azeezah Kanji is a legal analyst.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contrib ... hobia.html
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 pm

THE ALT-RIGHT IS RECRUITING DEPRESSED PEOPLE

Alt-right figures are targeting vulnerable communities with videos and, unfortunately, it seems to be working.

Paris Martineau
FEB—26—2018 02:02PM EST

A video on YouTube entitled “Advice For People With Depression” has over half a million views. The title is generic enough, and to the unsuspecting viewer, lecturer Jordan Peterson could even look legitimate or knowledgable — a quick Google search will reveal that he even spoke at Harvard once. But as the video wears on, Peterson argues that men are depressed and frustrated because they don’t have a higher calling like women (who, according to Peterson, are biologically required to have and take care of infants). This leaves weak men seeking “impulsive, low-class pleasure,” he argues. Upon first glance he certainly doesn’t seem like a darling of the alt-right, but he is.

Type “depression” or “depressed” into YouTube and it won’t be long until you stumble upon a suit-clad white supremacist giving a lecture on self-empowerment. They’re everywhere. For years, members of the alt-right have taken advantage of the internet’s most vulnerable, turning their fear and self-loathing into vitriolic extremism, and thanks to the movement’s recent galvanization, they’re only growing stronger.

“I still wonder, how could I have been so stupid?” writes Reddit user u/pdesperaux, in a post detailing how he was accidentally seduced by the alt-right. “I was part of a cult. I know cults and I know brainwashing, I have researched them extensively, you'd think I would have noticed, right? Wrong. These are the same tactics that Scientology and ISIS use and I fell for them like a chump.”

“NOBODY is talking about how the online depression community has been infiltrated by alt-right recruiters deliberately preying on the vulnerable,” writes Twitter user @MrHappyDieHappy in a thread on the issue. “There NEED to be public warnings about this. 'Online pals' have attempted to groom me multiple times when at my absolute lowest.”

“You know your life is useless and meaningless,” Peterson says in his “Advice” video, turning towards the viewer, “you're full of self-contempt and nihilism.” He doesn’t follow all of this rousing self-hatred with an answer, but rather merely teases at one. “[You] have had enough of that,” he says to a classroom full of men. “Rights, rights, rights, rights…”

Peterson’s alt-light messaging quickly takes a darker turn. Finish that video and YouTube will queue up “Jordan Peterson - Don't Be The Nice Guy” (1.3 million views), and “Jordan Peterson - The Tragic Story of the Man-Child” (over 853,000 views), both of which are practically right out of the redpill/incel handbook.

“The common railroad stages of 'helpful' linking to 'motivational speakers' goes 'Jordan Peterson ---> Stefan Molyneux ---> Millennial Woes,” writes @MrHappyDieHappy. “The first is charismatic and not as harmful, but his persuasiveness leaves people open for the next two, who are frankly evil and dumb.” Molyneux, an anarcho-capitalist who promotes scientific racism and eugenics, has grown wildly popular amongst the alt-right as of late. His videos — which argue, among other things, that rape is a “moral right” — are often used to help transition vulnerable young men into the vitriolic and racist core of the alt-right.

Though it may seem like a huge ideological leap, it makes sense, in a way. For some disillusioned and hopelessly confused young men, the alt-right offers two things they feel a serious lack of in the throes of depression: acceptance and community. These primer videos and their associated “support” groups do a shockingly good job of acknowledging the validity of the depressed man’s existence — something men don’t often feel they experience — and capitalize on that good will by galvanizing their members into a plan of action (which generally involves fighting against some group or class of people designated as “the enemy”). These sort of movements allot the depressed person a form of agency which they may never have experienced before. And whether it’s grounded in reality or not, that’s an addicting feeling.

According to Christian Picciolini, a former neo-nazi who co-founded the peace advocacy organization, Life After Hate, these sort of recruiting tactics aren’t just common, but systematically enforced. “[The recruiters] are actively looking for these kind of broken individuals who they can promise acceptance, who they can promise identity to,” Picciolini said in an interview with Sam Seder. “Because in real life, perhaps these people are socially awkward — they're not fitting in; they may be bullied — and they're desperately looking for something. And the ideology and the dogma are not what drive people to this extremism, it's in fact, I think, a broken search for that acceptance and that purpose and community.”

Taking vulnerable young people and putting them in a group of seemingly supportive and energetic ‘friends’ is also how ISIS or cults recruit. The dogma becomes second nature.

Some of the most toxic unofficial alt-right communities online have operated on this principle. r/Incels (which is now banned, thankfully), began as a place for the “involuntarily celibate” to commiserate, but quickly became the place for extreme misogynists to gather and blame their problems on women and minorities. “Men going their own way,” (MGTOW) was initially a space for men to commune and protect their sovereignty as dudes “above all else,” it devolved into an infinitely racist and misogynistic hellhole. Similar fates have befallen r/Redpill, r/MensRights, and countless others. Commiseration begets community begets a vulnerable trend towards groupthink.

While it’s easy to isolate purely hateful content, the type that preys upon the disenfranchised and uses much more insidious methods to bring them into the fold is much more difficult to manage on expansive platforms like YouTube. Particularly because the message being sent isn’t one of obvious in-your-face hate speech, or something so obviously objectionable, but rather more of a slow burn. It’s not the sort of thing you can train algorithms to spot — or at least, not yet — making the issue of containment that much harder to address.

https://theoutline.com/post/3537/alt-ri ... -community
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Mass shooters: Part of a larger epidemic of white male rage

Mass shooters grow in the same soil as alt-right trolls: A mass of entitlement and rage, nurtured by the far right

Many mass shooters end up shot dead, either by their own hand or by the police. Unlike serial killers, they aren't generally available for post-crime interviews by psychologists or criminologists. But The Washington Post published a profile last week of Jesse Osborn, who survived his attempt to become a nationally famous school shooter on Feb. 14, 2016, when he was tackled by a voluntary fireman after Osborn's gun jammed during his attempted mass murder at an elementary school. He was 14 years old at the time. His rampage left two people injured and two others dead -- his father and a six-year-old boy. Osborn himself is alive and on trial for murder.

This means, as Washington Post reporter John Woodrow Cox writes, that Osborn offers "extraordinary insight into the mind of an American school shooter." Those who have studied him report that Osborn shows little to no signs of remorse and in fact seems proud of the will to dominate that led him to his crimes. He "considered himself the victim of an unfair world," Cox writes, and tried to manipulate psychologists by faking autism and schizophrenia, unsuccessfully, and claiming, again unsuccessfully, to be a victim of bullies.

But what struck me is how much Osborn — like many other mass shooters, including Nikolas Cruz, the shooter in Parkland, Florida — reminds me of the army of right-wing trolls that has grown online: The ones who call themselves "edgelords," who decorate their profiles with Pepe the Frog and who call Donald Trump their "god emperor." Like mass shooters, "alt-right" trolls are predominantly white men of various ages, but leaning young, fueled mainly by a belief in their own superiority and resentment that the rest of the world doesn't seem to respect it.

They are unapologetic in their sadism, relishing the pain and trauma they attempt to inflict on "libtards" and "snowflakes." Mass shooters get competitive about their body counts, and online trolls treat harassment like a game, where they "win" by maximizing the amount of abuse they dish out. Like Osborn, online trolls often play manipulative games, using things like sock-puppet accounts or fake identities to sow chaos.

Mass shooters should be understood, it seems, as the radical edge of a larger trend of celebratory sadism spiked with right-wing politics -- a great boiling-over of rage from young and disaffected white men who believe they are victims and take great glee in trying to dominate, abuse and even assault others. This brings up extremely serious questions about the role the larger conservative movement is playing in allowing this toxicity to fester and grow.

In 2014, researchers published a paper demonstrating that online trolls showed high rates of what psychologists call the "Dark Tetrad" of personality traits, which Chris Mooney described in Slate: "Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others)."

(Sharp readers will note that the current occupant of the White House is pretty much off the charts when it comes to the Dark Tetrad, so much so that any layperson can see it.)

Mass shooters and the "alt-right" intertwine directly in many other ways as well. A recent Southern Poverty Law Center report counted 43 murders at the hands of "alt-right"-aligned killers in the past four years. In many cases, the killers were also mass shooters, like Dylann Roof in South Carolina or Elliot Rodger in California. Perhaps even more tellingly, the "alt-right" has made a habit of swarming after any high-profile mass shooting, targeting the survivors for re-victimization. Often within minutes of the first news reports, right-wing trolls will begin spreading rumors online that the survivors and family members of victims are "crisis actors," and they may even encourage their followers to harass these people.

After the Parkland shooting, this "alt-right" re-victimization of communities harmed by mass shootings got national attention, both because of its increased intensity and because of the high profile many Parkland survivors have had in speaking out for gun control. But this has been going on for years and has become distressingly routine and predictable. On Monday, for instance, two people were arrested in Sutherland Springs, Texas, when they showed up at the church where 26 people were murdered in November and started harassing survivors. Their abuse included accusing the pastor, whose 14-year-old daughter died in the shooting, of never having had a child in the first place.

That we have seen an apparent surge in sadism, rooted in white male entitlement, is troubling enough. What makes the situation worse is the way the larger conservative movement has, almost habitually, run interference for not just "alt-right" trolls but, to some extent, the mass shooters who represent the most extreme expression of the same problem.

Whenever "alt-right" conspiracy theorists and white supremacists face actual consequences for their behavior — social media bans, public protests or just higher security expenses at public events — more mainstream conservatives, including Fox News pundits, have been willing to defend them, usually by declaring their "free speech" is being attacked by "snowflake" liberals. This has happened, even though it's usually the entitled "alt-right" trolls who are the snowflakes, whining about free speech being turned against them or about facing any responsibility for their actions.

Similarly, whenever there's a mass shooting, the conservative press snaps into action, seeking to minimize the situation and dissuade any effort to stop future mass shooters by disarming them.

In both cases, conservative pundits play a manipulative game, where they swear up and down that while they disapprove of the actions in question — whether it's bigoted harassment or mass murder — their supposed commitment to principles like "free speech" or the "right to bear arms" prevents them from supporting even mild, common-sense efforts to rein in the bad behavior in question. In truth, free speech and gun rights are rarely in question in any meaningful sense: There is no constitutional right to have a Twitter account, to harass other people with false and abusive comments, or to own a weapon of war that can mow down dozens of people in the space of minutes.

https://www.salon.com/2018/03/07/mass-s ... male-rage/
American Dream

Postby Sounder » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:43 am

I agree with a fair portion of the article that AD posted about the alt-right being a cult. But that cuts both ways, that is, anytime people share and live under the impulse of an absolute imperative, they belong to a cult. No Borders is an absolute imperative for one class of cultists and it logically follows that members can be induced to create mayhem and suffering in the noble cause of destroying nation states.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 2bf9e54559

I established a terror movement in Australia, and I quit

SHAYNE Hunter established the far-left and violent Antifa movement in Australia. After four years the Brisbane man quit. Here’s why.
Shayne Hunter, as told to Corrine Barraclough
news.com.auOctober 25, 20176:55am

ANTIFA is a growing extreme group who believe violence is legitimate.

I got radicalised in Sydney. I was originally concerned about Western intervention in Syria. Radical left wing people dominated rallies and I started to associate with them more. My so-called ‘normal’ friends drifted away.

We would hang out at an anarchist library in Sydney. Here a bunch of people on the dole gather enough money to rent out the space and run a bookshop. It’s like extremist networking.

I came to believe that war was a symptom of bigger systems at play in society and they were the real enemy, like white supremacy and patriarchy. Antifa believe these systems need to be smashed through a process of ‘de-platforming’ to save the world. People who don’t necessarily agree on everything are united to attack their common enemy — anyone in the right wing of politics.

This micro-society became my life for four years.

They believe historically their roots were fighting Nazi oppression. They run a website which is updated every couple of weeks with a hit list of right wing names. They believe if these people are allowed to speak, society will suffer. So, they must be pushed back.

There is no mission statement, rather, it’s a dangerous rhetoric. There are a lot of very damaged people who are drawn to it.

Lots of activists came from Sydney University. They invited me along to some of their lectures. When I was organising the ‘Reclaim Australia’ rally and pushing Antifa into Brisbane, we delegated roles out across the gathering. Someone would print pamphlets that got our propaganda out there. Someone else would look after social media and online, we all gathered people to come.
Shayne showing off some of the Antifa propaganda the group uses to recruit members.

Shayne showing off some of the Antifa propaganda the group uses to recruit members.Source:Supplied
Ads by Kiosked

I read that Antifa in the US is training people to shoot and punch. It’s the same here. Antifa in Sydney are doing martial arts to, as they would put it, ‘fight the Nazis’. It’s a paramilitary mindset.

It’s more dangerous than ISIS.

I was ideologically possessed for four years. I would speak louder on public transport so people could hear me speak, hoping they would hear my message.

The radical left of Antifa presents itself as being about compassion and empathy; it’s a Trojan horse. All conversations are about entitlement and rights, not responsibility. When these people talk about freedom, they really mean freedom from responsibility.

Often the people who are drawn to this cult don’t have a strong identity outside it. I’m not a psychologist but, like ISIS, it gives people a sense of belonging to something and having purpose.

A ‘social justice warrior’ cringe video appeared on my social media feed. I didn’t watch it at first. A couple of weeks later it popped up again so I pressed play. It was like seeing the entire cult through an outside lens. It woke me up. I realised that everything I had started to believe was wrong.

You don’t know humiliation until you’ve left a cult; I wasted four years of my life.

I cut ties over time. I’m still in contact with some ex-cult members but I don’t see anyone who’s still active.

In my 20-something generation, social media plays the role of a 24/7 preacher — like a pocket preacher. Each day you’re being validated by the echo chamber on your phone.

Antifa would say there is nothing good about Australian society. Their minds project that belief, and everything is filtered through this ideology.

Without doubt it’s a huge and growing threat to Australian society. It’s a miserable mindset. When I got out of it and stopped feeling oppressed, I finally felt like I could take control of my life. That’s what I intend to do now.”
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby American Dream » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Florida Shooter Is MAGA Hat-Wearing White Supremacist Who Said Mexicans Should Be Killed and Black People Should Be in Chains

ImageThe 19-year-old charged with gunning down dozens of students at a Florida high school is a white supremacist who called for extreme acts of racist violence, according to his social media posts.

Suspected shooter Nikolas Cruz said he hated "jews, ni**ers, immigrants" and fantasized about killing people of color.

CNN obtained private messages Cruz wrote in an Instagram message group he titled "Murica (American flag emoji) (eagle emoji) great."

The alleged shooter said he wanted to kill Mexicans and put Black people in chains.

Cruz also condemned white women in interracial relationships as "traitors," and declared that gay people should be shot in the back of the head.

Cruz, who was heavily armed with an AR-15 rifle, allegedly opened fire on Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida on February 14. Seventeen students were killed in the mass shooting, and 19 more were injured. Nineteen-year-old Cruz has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.

Multiple classmates of the suspected shooter also confirmed that Cruz has far-right political views, hates Muslims, and has repeatedly worn Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again" hats.

On his Instagram account, Cruz posted photos wearing Trump's MAGA hats. He also frequently posted photos posing with guns. One photo shows the suspected shooter wearing a U.S. Army cap while holding four knives between his fingers.

A classmate told the Daily Beast, "He would degrade Islamic people as terrorists and bombers. I've seen him wear a Trump hat."

Another peer said of Cruz, "He would always talk about how he felt whites were a bit higher than everyone." This classmate told the Daily Beast, "He'd be like 'My people are over here industrializing the world and starting new things, while your people [meaning blacks and Latinos] are just taking up space.'"

In the past several months, Cruz wrote multiple YouTube comments saying he was planning a school shooting, the Los Angeles Times reported.

He also said that he hoped to murder antifascists. On a right-wing YouTube video, Cruz wrote, "Im going watch them sheep fall fuck antifa i wish to kill as many as i can [sic]."

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?opt ... ival=21151
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion