Jeffrey Alan Lash

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Jeffrey Alan Lash

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:06 pm

From poster ConnectZDots at websleuths comes this analysis of a CNN video. Check out the screengrab below taken at 0:26 of some of Lash's books.

Here's ConnectZDots's commentary.
…But at 26 seconds in we get a very quick peek, just a few frames, at some of the reading material behind some optical scopes. I screen shot and did a search, mostly to see if the books appeared real or staged. Haven't concluded yet, but here’s what we see in that single frame, for what it's worth.

Tables of Bullet Performance
A 407 pg, 1980 listing of hard ballistics data complied by Phillip Mannes. Says it has tables showing trajectory, velocity, time of bullet flight and drift and such. It must be an important research tool, or very rare because ...to just get the paperback version will set you back anywhere from $700+ to $1400+ per copy!
http://www.amazon.com/Tables-Bullet-...9169106&sr=1-2

Secret Fighting Arts of the World
This one is funny.... said to be written by a "John F Gilbey" but turns out that was actually a made up fake name & character, and it was really written by a Robert (Bob?) Smith. The book was a spoof but most readers didn't realize it till much later. The 1st Amazon review explains it
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Fightin...ct_top?ie=UTF8

The Art of Japanese Swordsmanship
By Charles Daniel, 1991. A basic book on the art of the Samurai

Medieval Swordsmanship
By John Clements in 1998 The most comprehensive study of the lost fighting arts of medieval knights, warriors, men at arms

Lightweight Alpine Climbing with Peter Croft -1996

Walking California
By John McKinney. McKinney chronicles the coastal trails from upstate CA all the way down to Mexico –( this one might be relevant if we are in the region of any Fast & Furious endeavors)

SixGuns & Hell, I was there!
2 books by Elmer Keith. Keith was an old time expert on guns and shooting

I'm still somewhat skeptical. Can't fully dismiss the possibility they could have been staged, since the camera did conspicuously capture that one out of context shot and it remained in the final edit for the news. Or maybe just old books he used for reference?
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby tapitsbo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:19 pm

the alien hybrid disinfo could have all sorts of uses

then again it's a thing people allegedly experience for real

Jesus was an "alien hybrid" of sorts

etc.
tapitsbo

Postby Elvis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Luther Blissett wrote:From poster ConnectZDots at websleuths comes this analysis of a CNN video. Check out the screengrab below taken at 0:26 of some of Lash's books.

See? Hell, I Was There by Elmer Keith is exactly the kind of book a gun nut would have. A collector, not so much.

Elmer Merrifield Keith (March 8, 1899 – February 14, 1984[1]) was an Idaho rancher, firearms enthusiast, and author.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Keith

I haven't reached any conclusions, of course, but the books to me suggest "gun nut" -- pardon me -- "firearms enthusiast" describing Lash.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Focusing on the "nut" in gun nut, ever seen Pretty Poison (1968) with Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld?

Skip to 17:45:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/XR8ZPjlVMOs[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR8ZPjlVMOs

(I can't get the video to display; might be the temporary Linux thumbdrive I'm using?)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Thanks!!!

Pretty Poison (and Lord Love a Duck) are two of my all time favorite movies.

That book collection makes Lash look life a hard core gun nut with a mysterious source of funds.
PufPuf93

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:12 pm

I thought the collection made him sound like a spy. Especially that $700 ballistics book.

The Robert Smith who wrote "Secret Fighting Arts of the World" (a parody of fictional martial arts tall tales) through a pseudonym was a CIA agent.

Major Tuesday Weld fan over here btw.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby shuvelhead42 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Secret Fighting Arts of the World
This one is funny.... said to be written by a "John F Gilbey" but turns out that was actually a made up fake name & character, and it was really written by a Robert (Bob?) Smith. The book was a spoof but most readers didn't realize it till much later. The 1st Amazon review explains it
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Fightin...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Lash, 60, had told his fiancee of 17 years, Nebron, that he worked undercover for the government and was under constant surveillance, according to the Los Angeles Times. Neighbors said that he just referred to himself as “Bob Smith” and told them he worked for a government agency like the FBI or CIA.

funny that
shuvelhead42

Postby Elvis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Hm, if Lash/"Bob Smith" wrote Secret Fighting Arts of the World, maybe that's his source of funds?

What did they find in cash? $230K? That isn't that much; could plausibly come from a number of sources, he could have saved it while working.

PufPuf, yes, Pretty Poison is unique, an all-time fave of mine too. Perkins is brilliant in it, Weld is downright disturbing; it is a bit dark.
Elvis

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:33 pm

Confirmed CIA asset Bob Smith has a few books under his belt and is somewhat of a public figure for helping to popularize martial arts in the west.

Though Lash's neighbors did say "Bob" was always trying to teach them karate moves.
Luther Blissett

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:02 pm

There is an edition of Secret Fighting Arts of the World by Gilbey published in 1974.

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Fighting-A ... +the+World

That early of a publication date seems too old for Lash / Bob Smith if Lash is 60 now as he would have been only 19 when Secret Fighting Arts of the World was published.

The name Bob Smith may well be a jape based upon the book though.

Has there been any verification to date that the dead guy or gun collector was Jeffery Alan Lash to date?

The video posted up thread by Luther B. makes the sound almost normal but nothing about the case is normal.

What are the odds that Dawn Marie VadBunker would be adopted by an adult Dave VadBunker who would have a married sister with the maiden name of Dawn Marie VadBunker in Corvallis Oregon? And no they are not the same person. The world seems to have forgotten Dawn Marie already. Except me.

Pretty Poison.

Today I think Lash was some sort of secret agent. :starz:
Last edited by PufPuf93 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PufPuf93

Postby Hunter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Elvis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 pm wrote:Hm, if Lash/"Bob Smith" wrote Secret Fighting Arts of the World, maybe that's his source of funds?

What did they find in cash? $230K? That isn't that much; could plausibly come from a number of sources, he could have saved it while working.

PufPuf, yes, Pretty Poison is unique, an all-time fave of mine too. Perkins is brilliant in it, Weld is downright disturbing; it is a bit dark.

It isnt just the cash he had though, he had several MILLION in weapons and 14 fully loaded battle ready autos parked all over the city AND he drove them around without license plates it seems. The sum total of things suggest more than just a regular gun nut, he had access to some serious cash.
Last edited by Hunter on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter

Postby Hunter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Robert Smith is probably the most popular name in the country, good reason why he used it, great name to hide in plain site with. I know at least 8 Robert Bob Smiths just off the top of my head in my own life.
Hunter

Postby Elvis » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 am

Hunter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:02 pm wrote:
Elvis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 pm wrote:Hm, if Lash/"Bob Smith" wrote Secret Fighting Arts of the World, maybe that's his source of funds?

It isnt just the cash he had though, he had several MILLION in weapons and 14 fully loaded battle ready autos parked all over the city AND he drove them around without license plates it seems. The sum total of things suggest more than just a regular gun nut, he had access to some serious cash.

Yes, good points. No license plates is very curious.
Elvis

Postby tapitsbo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:07 am

Didn't a guy get shot for no plates in the USA recently? By police...
tapitsbo

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:35 am

Apparently California law is much different than any I'm used to, where it's legal to drive without a plate for some period of time. I had never noticed any of the times I had visited, so I don't think it's widespread, but apparently it's aboveground.

Despite some libertarian hyperbole, this explains it a little:
http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/california- ... 1579711846
Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion