Is the Hillary Email Thing Serious?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is the Hillary Email Thing Serious?

Postby norton ash » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:18 pm

For about a year now, all the while she's been the anointed Dem, my gut/intuition has me convinced that it's not going to be Hillary. Not exactly rigorous, but there is just too much that can take her down. I think that she's squandered whatever goodwill existed among left-progressive (haha) Democrats (and Dems in general) and that she and Bill really just look like corrupt, sneaky, rich, amoral, power-hungry shits by now. I think a Biden-Warren option would be greeted with enthusiasm and genuine RELIEF at this stage... it could be via Sanders as the spoiler who sets it all up if he so chooses, and Obama holds death cards as well.

I think it'll be over soon for HRC. Some new, ad hoc Dem kayfabe is in the mail.
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Rude Pundit:

8/26/2015
Not Giving a Shit About the Clinton Email "Scandal"
There's a sentence from a Los Angeles Times column titled, "Why Clinton's email problem won't go away" that's so ironic and so galling that it ought to be put on a poster in every media outlet. Here it is: "It's difficult to avoid the suspicion that Clinton, after the scandals that rocked her husband's presidency during the 1990s, simply did not want to leave behind a paper trail (or e-trail)."

Context is everything, dear children, and the writer, John Schindler (a dick pic-sending right wing assmunch), is leaving out a huge part of the story. See, all those "scandals," Travelgate and Filegate and Whitewater, were utter bullshit. They were worthless wastes of time and money by Republicans (and cowardly Democrats), and their only purpose was to isolate, degrade, and destroy the presidency of Bill Clinton, that hick punk who thought he could just saunter in and lead the nation. If they also took down his bitch wife who thought she was smart enough to solve the health care crisis, all the better. If not them, then any collateral damage of their friends and associates was just dandy.

The only thing that approached an actual, real "scandal" was Clinton lying under oath about getting blowjobs and cigar-banging an intern in the Oval Office. That came out of the Whitewater investigation and it had jackshit to do with the presumably shady land deal in Arkansas. The entire impeachment saga was because of a tangential question and, ultimately, it was the same giant trash pile that every other fake "scandal" was.

While most of the public didn't give a single fuck about the Clinton scandals, the Republican base and the party's donors loved it. They gobbled it down like it was jizz from Jesus's own dick. And conservatives across the country pretended that the United States was being victimized by the immoral bimbo fucker and his castrating spouse. God, how they made bank on it all, how evangelicals lied openly about the sinful, adulterous, murdering, raping, drug-using Clintons. It was a goddamned carnival of molesting clowns and shiv-wielding carnies. And press outlets just jumped on the rickety scandal roller coaster because the GOP had bitch-slapped them into believing the "liberal media" canard. "We'll show you how we're not liberals," they announced. "Please, tell us more about missing Rose Law Firm documents and we'll act as if the fate of the entire motherfucking republic depends on it."

We have been a pathetic fucking country for a very long time.

Which gets us to the scandal du jour, the inevitable digging up of something, anything, to sew onto Hillary Clinton's clothes. The scarlet "B" for Benghazi wasn't holding. But, oh, happy fortune, the bullshit investigation yielded the info on the private email server, and the Clinton Industrial Complex went back into high gear. Let's get the "E" out there.

When the Rude Pundit first heard of the private email server issue, his initial thought was "Oh, c'mon" because he knew what was coming. But the one part that's been left out of the story of why Clinton used the home server (which was not fucking against the law) for her State Department emails when she was Secretary of State is the complicity of the Republican Party and the media in making Clinton so paranoid that she felt she had to do so.

Of course, she was going to do anything to keep her communications out of the public eye. Of course, she was going to make life complicated for any congressional investigations. Why the fuck wouldn't she? What the hell did she get the first time around? A discussion about her husband's dick on the floor of the House of Representatives. An accusation that she had a friend murdered. Why wouldn't she just say, "Go fuck yourselves"? In fact, she should have said that at the beginning of this. She should have said, "Well, no shit I used my own server."

Frankly, Hillary Clinton's pretty goddamn fearless to be putting herself through what was going to be an inevitable slog through the GOP fake scandal swamp.

Note: None of this excuses Clinton if she committed any real crimes (and not just violating the "spirit" of the law, which everyone does every day in many, many ways without being dragged through piles of dog shit for it). But, so far, sorry, she hasn't. Offering unsatisfactory explanations for one's actions is not illegal.

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2015/08/ ... email.html
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:36 pm

What Does Joe Biden Know?

As the vice president edges toward a presidential run, is he banking on further public disclosures to discredit the frontrunner?

Yoni Appelbaum Aug 26, 2015

As Joe Biden edges closer to a presidential run, there’s no shortage of theories as to what he’s up to. Former secretary of state Hillary Clinton has built a commanding lead in the national polls, giving Biden little apparent space to gain traction. Perhaps he’s counting on the early-primary state of South Carolina to provide a critical boost. He might be banking on appearing as a stronger general-election candidate than any of his potential rivals in the primary race. Maybe after spending the past 42 years of his life running for elective office, he just can’t stop.

But there’s one intriguing theory that has so far garnered little attention: What if Biden knows something about Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton that the rest of us don’t?

After jumping to what seemed a prohibitively large early lead, Clinton has stumbled in recent months. Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, hardly the most charismatic politician, has emerged as a viable challenger, generating enormous enthusiasm on the campaign trail, and surging ahead in polling averages in New Hampshire.

Clinton, meanwhile, is battling a steady drip of negative headlines and revelations stemming from her use of a private email address and server during her term as secretary of state. Investigators have found that some emails contained information that was later classified, and media reports have suggested that some of this information may have been considered classified at the time it was shared, even if it hadn’t yet been labeled that way.

The emails that Clinton gave to the State Department are now being released in tranches every 30 days. Her server has been turned over to the Justice Department, which is reportedly optimistic that it can recover at least some of the emails that Clinton had deleted. No one knows what the emails that have not yet been released may contain.

No one, that is, outside of the administration. Those on the other end of Clinton’s correspondence presumably retain their own records of their exchanges. The White House has reportedly monitored the situation since before the questions over Clinton’s email became public. And the State Department has assigned a team to sort through the emails, reviewing them for classified information.

Clinton, and her loyalists, insist that the email probe is a distraction, and that there is no evidence that she deliberately broke any rules, much less violated the law. And so far, those claims have been borne out by each new round of disclosures.

If that’s not the case, though—if the emails contain revelations that are embarrassing, or worse—there’s a limited number of people who might be in a position to know it. Clinton’s own aides top the list. So do various White House officials.

And then, of course, there’s the State Department. Biden forged many relationships during his long tenure in the Senate, and State is chock full of longtime friends and former aides. The current deputy secretary of state, to choose the most prominent example, is Antony Blinken. He was hired as the staff director of the Senate’s foreign relations committee in 2002, and senior adviser to its senior Democratic member: Joe Biden. He stuck with Biden through the 2008 campaign, first becoming his national security adviser in the White House, then moving over to become Obama’s deputy national security adviser in 2013, and finally taking up his current role at the State Department in 2015. “I have now had the good fortune to work alongside Tony Blinken for many years,” Biden said when he was nominated for the State Department position. “He is a good man. I’m proud of him.”

There’s no reason to think that Blinken, or any of Biden’s other contacts within the White House or the national-security establishment, have shared with the vice president any information to which they’re privy. In fact, in late June, Blinken and his wife, another former Biden aide who’s now an assistant secretary of state, both gave the maximum allowable donation of $2,700 to Clinton’s campaign.

But if Biden seems more confident than most pundits that Hillary Clinton’s nomination isn’t inevitable, it may reflect more than his natural ebullience and legendary optimism. It may be a sign that he’s banking on voters learning things that he already knows.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:46 am

Biden makes me nervous. I can see him entering after Bernie and Hill (like she has a chance, really, the most polarizing woman in politics today, not to mention the one with the most scandal real or fictional attached..) are negated from the race. So many D's simply overlook his connections to the banksters, credit companies and his involvement with altering bankruptcy laws in their favor.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Twyla LaSarc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:46 am wrote:Biden makes me nervous. I can see him entering after Bernie and Hill (like she has a chance, really, the most polarizing woman in politics today, not to mention the one with the most scandal real or fictional attached..) are negated from the race. So many D's simply overlook his connections to the banksters, credit companies and his involvement with altering bankruptcy laws in their favor.

It's part of a shift in power -- Delaware Mafia is every bit as sophisticated and internationally networked as Wall Street or Silicon Valley, and they're heavily integrated with both. Next decade will be very interesting as new domestic power blocs like this try to re-negotiate Who Run Barter Town with an increasingly flabby and inbred NatSec establishment.

As for Democrats overlooking stuff, shit, they're Democrats. How else could they operate?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 82_28 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:07 am wrote:
Twyla LaSarc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:46 am wrote:Biden makes me nervous. I can see him entering after Bernie and Hill (like she has a chance, really, the most polarizing woman in politics today, not to mention the one with the most scandal real or fictional attached..) are negated from the race. So many D's simply overlook his connections to the banksters, credit companies and his involvement with altering bankruptcy laws in their favor.

It's part of a shift in power -- Delaware Mafia is every bit as sophisticated and internationally networked as Wall Street or Silicon Valley, and they're heavily integrated with both. Next decade will be very interesting as new domestic power blocs like this try to re-negotiate Who Run Barter Town with an increasingly flabby and inbred NatSec establishment.

As for Democrats overlooking stuff, shit, they're Democrats. How else could they operate?

One thing Biden could do is describe how he introduced legislation to "save" Trump's (and those like him) ass. Bring his actions full circle and then some. As corrupt as it is, he could nail Trump a bit by admitting he had a hand in allowing corruption. After all he did it to make America great again.

Just thinking out loud and no real point.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby NeonLX » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:34 pm

Biden flat-out gives me the creeps. In the same way that Donald Rumsfeld gave me the creeps. I don't know what it is about the dude but he curdles my blood. That smile of his seems like the least genuine smile I've ever seen.

But that's just me.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Elvis » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Did anyone else here watch the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings or see the tapes? I was watching & recording it "live" on C-SPAN (I still have the VHS tape). Biden was committee chairman. A number of women had reported the kind of sexual harrassment that Anita Hill described, culminating in a bit of "bombshell" testimony that should have spelled the end for Thomas' confirmation. Biden called for a recess. My friends and I fully expected him to come back and say "clearly this nomination cannot go forward, blah blah blah." But no-- after 15 minutes (according to my memory; I need to watch the tape) they came back and Biden blithely announced that the hearings were over and the full Senate vote would be taken. I said to my friends, "I wonder what the hell went on in those 15 minutes?" Clearly some deal was made.

Not sure, but the calling of that recess might be this clip -- he says "this matter will be investigated" (he should have added, "...just not by us") then assures everyone that the closed recess caucus is of "no consequence," it's just a scheduling meeting to decide what to do the rest of the day (probably 'scurry away and cover your ass'):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJeD2XXg254

Maybe Biden's the guy in the image -- an affable, well-meaning 'regular guy' who's lived in the same single story bungalow (or whatever) for 40 years, faithfully married to the same wife, etc. -- but if one is in the Senate for as long as he was, I'm sure one learns to accept the fact that sometimes you have to play a role in someone else's bigger game.

Here's Anita Hill last year, talking about the hearings:

Anita Hill: Joe Biden Botched The Clarence Thomas Hearings
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/2 ... 02189.html
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks Elvis.

The weird thing is that some of the Biden supporters I have encountered are sour on Hill because of banks, dynasty, politics, etc. Biden has slipped under the radar all these years and got a lot of sentimental fuzzies recently for the death of his son. He is worrisome, because he could easily be slipped in as a 'moderate' between Bernie and Hill's positions and his connections to the current admin makes him a torchbearer for the status quo, such as it is...somewhat worse than cuba but perhaps better than rwanda.

Biden flat-out gives me the creeps. In the same way that Donald Rumsfeld gave me the creeps. I don't know what it is about the dude but he curdles my blood. That smile of his seems like the least genuine smile I've ever seen.

Wanna-be Kissingers? Eyes like Sharks? Servants of Realpolitck?A made man who is the public face of a discreet and secretive business?

He creeps me out too.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Nordic » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:07 am

Just google "Biden creep"
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Previous

Return to General Discussion