TRUMP is seriously dangerous

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: TRUMP is seriously dangerous

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:42 am

The genius of Trump is that when any halfway literate and presentable pseudo-centrist takes over the Presidency, even the most mediocre of reasonable acts will be presented as major progress. The smallest acts of human decency will be regarded as diplomacy. The barest niceties of human interaction will be hailed as a new beginning for America.

It will be called the dawn of a new day, while all the old horrors continue.
Twitter wars will go quiet, while quiet warriors go atwitter,
Bush, Clinton. Clinton, Bush. Bush, Obama. Obama, Trump. Trump, ???
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Bush, Clinton. Clinton, Bush. Bush, Obama. Obama, Trump. Trump, ???

You've got that wrong

it should be

Bush, Clinton. Clinton, Bush. Bush, Obama. Obama, Trump. Mogilevich. trump. Mogilevich

NO PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY WAS OWNED BY THE RUSSIAN MOB ....THERE IS A FUCKING DIFFERENCE!!!

trump is not a Democrat trump is not a Republican....he is a CRIMINAL

I am an American citizen and I resent the fact that I am being governed by someone that is being blackmailed by a Russian mobster

thank god trump was playing golf and wasn't aware of the mistake that caused panic in Hawaii ....if he had heard about this on Fox and Friends he might have pushed the button

yes the fallout from the mistake does land on his empty head

and the White House statement about this was incorrect

one can NOT take trump out of this nuclear equation ...jesus h christ he is the president of the United States

who the fuck is in charge here? Brian Kilmeade?

On 20 April 2017, CNN posted audio of Attorney General Jeff Sessions saying on a radio show that he was “amazed” that a Hawaiian judge on the Ninth Circuit was able to block a revised executive order issued by President Donald Trump:

We are confident that the President will prevail on appeal and particularly in the Supreme Court, if not the Ninth Circuit. So this is a huge matter. I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and Constitutional power.
The fact that the attorney general referred to a state in the union dismissively as an “island in the Pacifc” (Hawaii) prompted some Americans to question whether he really had said it. Sessions did make the comment during the 18 April 2017 airing of the Mark Levin Show, from which CNN posted an abridged version of Session’s comment which can be heard here:
https://www.snopes.com/jeff-sessions-pacific-island/

How “Fox & Friends” Rewrites Trump’s Reality

The thin fourth wall between the President and his TV.

Andrew MarantzJanuary 15, 2018 Issue

A chart of Trump’s 2017 tweets, plotted by time of day, reveals an unmistakably dense band between 6 A.M. and 9 A.M., when “Fox & Friends” is on the air.
Illustration by Bendik Kaltenborn
President Trump woke up on November 3rd, turned on the television, and started tweeting shortly before 7 A.M. “Everybody is asking why the Justice Department (and FBI) isn’t looking into all of the dishonesty going on with Crooked Hillary & the Dems,” he typed. “People are angry.” By “everybody” and “people,” he seemed to mean, as he often does, the three anchors of the top-rated cable morning show, “Fox & Friends,” who happened to be discussing that very topic live on air, deploying their trademark brand of folksy, disingenuous outrage.
Soon afterward, one of the co-hosts said, “And now the President is tweeting about this.”
“I think he’s tweeting right now!” another said. The thin fourth wall between Trump and his TV had been broken once again.
In the Fox News studio, the fresh tweets were displayed in bold type on a thirty-foot-wide screen, Trump’s larger-than-life Twitter avatar peering, Rushmore-like, into the middle distance. (Presumably, the real Trump, in the Presidential bedroom, peered back, an elderly youth gazing into a shallow pool.) A co-host read the tweets aloud, and then, completing the feedback loop, said, “This has been the question that people have had about Hillary Clinton and her campaign.” By “people,” she seemed to mean, as the anchors of “Fox & Friends” often do, Donald Trump.
“Fox & Friends” ended at nine. Moments later, Trump arrived on the South Lawn of the White House, answered a few questions from reporters, and left for a ten-day trip to Asia. A few days into the trip, en route from China to Vietnam, he walked to the rear of Air Force One, where the press corps was sitting, to deliver some off-the-cuff remarks. “I know they like to say—people that don’t know me—they like to say I watch television,” he said. “People with fake sources—you know, fake reporters, fake sources. But I don’t get to watch much television, primarily because of documents. I’m reading documents a lot.”
This was weird, even by Trump’s standards. For one thing, “reading documents a lot” is high on the list of activities it’s nearly impossible to imagine Trump doing, along with foraging, Pilates, and introspection. For another, no one on the plane had said anything about television. It later became clear that the impetus for Trump’s outburst was an e-mail he’d just received from the Times—a list of fifty-one fact-checking questions for an article about him. Of these, he felt compelled to respond, indirectly, to just one, about his “prodigious television watching habits.” When the piece came out, it reported that Trump begins his day by watching TV in bed, where he “tweets while propped on his pillow.” (Trump, on Twitter: “Wrong!”)
Trump has been candid about his TV dependency for years. In a 1997 interview with Howard Stern, he described escaping from his own wedding reception—his second, when he married Marla Maples—as quickly as possible to look at coverage of the wedding. “I ran back and turned on the television,” he said. (A diagnostic test called the Television Addiction Scale asks subjects to agree or disagree with several statements, including “When I am unable to watch television, I miss it so much that you could call it ‘withdrawal.’ ”) During his trip to Asia, he tweeted, “I was forced to watch @CNN, which I have not done in months, and again realized how bad, and FAKE, it is. Loser!” Of course, apart from rare circumstances (jury duty, North Korea, “Get Out”), no one, much less the President of the United States, is ever “forced” to watch TV. One imagines Trump writhing in pain, using his tie as a blindfold, while his staff scrambles to find him more documents to read.
On a recent morning, a chyron on “Fox & Friends” read “STUDY: 90% RECENT TRUMP COVERAGE IS NEGATIVE.” The study—by the Media Research Center, a right-wing nonprofit whose declared “sole mission is to expose and neutralize the propaganda arm of the Left: the national news media”—came up several times during the broadcast, as did an F.B.I. agent’s anti-Trump text messages, a pair of offensive socks that Colin Kaepernick had worn once in 2016, and the fact that it was very cold outside. Morning TV relies on constant repetition, the assumption being that most viewers, unlike the President, will be too busy to watch for long. (A chart of Trump’s 2017 tweets, created by a University of Chicago graduate student and plotted by time of day, reveals an unmistakably dense band between 6 A.M. and 9 A.M., when “Fox & Friends” is on the air.)
Video From The New Yorker

Doug Jones Defeats Roy Moore

“Wow, more than 90% of Fake News Media coverage of me is negative,” Trump tweeted. He ended the tweet by naming his source, as well as his favorite exception: “@foxandfriends.”
Every morning begins with an artificial L.E.D. sunrise, all teal and goldenrod, like an orange-juice carton come to life. The camera starts on the bottom floor of Fox News’ lavish main studio, then glides upward—past a translucent staircase, past thirty-foot windows overlooking a still dark Sixth Avenue, past innumerable video screens—until it locates the three co-hosts, perched on their signature white “curvy couch.”
“C’mon in!” Steve Doocy said recently, beckoning viewers with one arm. Doocy, who has hosted “Fox & Friends” since its inception, in 1998, is the show’s jovial, distant dad, greeting all comers with a bemused rictus. His name sounds like a gentle pejorative that would describe him perfectly. In addition to being unflappable, he is tall and blond. These appear to be his only job qualifications.
“It’s a Monday morning,” Ainsley Earhardt said, adjusting her fuchsia jumpsuit and sucking the lipstick from her teeth. “Let’s pretend today is Friday.” Earhardt, from South Carolina, is a conservative Christian who is liberal in her use of “y’all”s and “God bless you”s; on a recent show, Geraldo Rivera referred to her as a “Palmetto queen,” and she smiled demurely at the compliment.
Brian Kilmeade—squat, distractible, tightly wound—tore at a pen cap. “You feel like every day is Friday,” he grumbled at Earhardt, with a taut smile. In addition to repetition, the morning-show formula calls for heaps of fatuous banter. Kilmeade, a mini Sean Hannity in both appearance and affect, performs this duty truculently; he might endure a debate about whether the new Taylor Swift is better than the old Taylor Swift, but you can tell he’d rather be debating whether Robert Mueller should be waterboarded or put before a firing squad. Perhaps Kilmeade resents spontaneous small talk because it has led him into trouble. Once, while riffing about a Scandinavian scientific study, he shared his opinion that “the Swedes have pure genes,” unlike Americans, who “keep marrying other species and other ethnics.” He later apologized.
Network morning shows, such as “Today” and “Good Morning America,” are bland products that try to avoid confusing, provoking, or offending any part of the audience. For this reason, especially nowadays, they tend to speed past political stories, or avoid them altogether, and instead fill time with the sort of banal chitchat that strangers might make at the post office. When a host refers to a topic that “everyone is talking about this morning,” it’s usually a cute viral video, an upcoming holiday, or a snowstorm. (It’s no coincidence that one of “Today” ’s biggest stars is its weatherman.) On cable, where the audiences are smaller and more ideologically segmented, morning hosts are free to be more opinionated; on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” for example, Trump is compared to an autocrat, a thug, or worse. “Fox & Friends” mashes these two genres together, resulting in some whiplash-inducing segues. A few minutes of misty-eyed Christmas nostalgia leads immediately—“meanwhile, switching gears”—to a conspiracy theory about Benghazi. A weather report gives way to a warning about the dangers of chain migration, with little adjustment in tone.
As the banter died down, Doocy, who rarely encounters a sentence he can’t mangle, faced the camera and addressed the folks at home. “We’re delighted to have—that you would join us today, because we’ve got a great story to—tell you with—uh, tell you all about,” he said. “But, first, our top political story.”
It was the day before Alabama’s special Senate election, and the polls were close. However, Earhardt noted buoyantly, “Republican candidate Roy Moore has President Trump on his side.” Trump had just recorded a robocall for the Moore campaign. The control room cued it up: “We will win and we will make America great again.”
The morning of the election, a “Fox & Friends” weekend co-host, Peter Hegseth, interviewed locals at Spot of Tea, a restaurant in Mobile. He began, “We’re talking to the people on the ground, as opposed to caring what the pundits in New York City and Washington, D.C., are saying.” Turning to a person on the ground named Diane, he said, “So, ultimately, a vote for Roy Moore is a vote for President Trump?”
“Correct,” Diane said.
Hegseth ended the segment and then directed viewers back to his colleagues, the pundits in New York City.
Moore lost. The following morning, both “Fox & Friends” and its No. 1 fan were busy rewriting the immediate past. “The President had said that Roy Moore couldn’t win, and, as it turns out, he was right,” Doocy said.
“The President just tweeted about it,” Earhardt said. The camera panned to Trump’s words, on the giant tweet-screen: “I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!”
Earhardt, speaking “as a female,” summed up her view: “I think this is a referendum on Harvey Weinstein, not on President Trump.” She delivered the line twice more, with slight variations, at the top of each hour. Earhardt is clearly the brainiest of the three co-hosts, if only because she can get through a broadcast without any notable malapropisms or endorsements of eugenics. Still, inevitably, she plays the role of the down-to-earth Southern gal, asking only the softest of softball questions. (Earhardt, to Ivanka Trump, in July of 2016: “Were you a tractor girl, or were you, like me, the pink Barbie Jeep?” Ivanka: “I was that combination.”)
Halfway through the show, with Sixth Avenue brightening behind them, the co-hosts introduced Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie, two former Trump-campaign employees who are now freelance Trump lickspittles. “The President has done the right thing,” Lewandowski said. He was referring to the special election, but he could have been referring to just about anything. At one point, using some mind-bending rhetorical dark magic, he managed to imply that the real loser in Alabama was neither Trump nor Moore but Hillary Clinton. I have now watched the clip a few dozen times, and I still can’t quite figure out how he did it.
Doocy, wrapping up the interview, said, “I’m sure both of you would say the—your new book called ‘Let Trump Be Trump’ would be the perfect stoffing—uh, stocking stuffer for this holiday season.”
“Or you could put it in a box,” Earhardt said.
Professing shock at Fox News’ sophistry is hardly a hot take. But shilling for Trump, who has no discernible ethos beyond self-regard, is something new, requiring Baryshnikovian levels of ideological flexibility. Obama was easy—the “Fox & Friends” co-hosts simply denounced everything about him, from his terrorist fist-jabs to his choice of paper clips. The Bush Administration was mendacious, but at least it was predictable—the co-hosts had to work hard to build a connection between 9/11 and Iraq, but they didn’t have to worry that they’d wake up one morning to find that the Administration was now blaming the attack on Sudan. These days, hosting “Fox & Friends” is like cheerleading for a player who misses an open shot on goal, then doubles back to score on his own goalie, then storms off in a fit of petulance, complaining that the ref is a loser.
During one of several critiques of the non-Fox media and its purported anti-Trump bias, Earhardt said, “Just make it equal. Make it equal. Even if you have people on that give their opinions, try to make it fair and balanced.”
“It should be just ‘Here’s what happened today,’ ” Doocy said.
Earhardt let out an ebullient, cynical chuckle. “Those days are long gone, Steve,” she said.
“Those were the days of Walter Cronkite,” Doocy said, with a grin and a shrug. “Oh, well.” ♦
An earlier version of this article misstated Peter Hegseth’s role on “Fox & Friends.”
This article appears in the print edition of the January 15, 2018, issue, with the headline “Friends in High Places.”
Andrew Marantz, a contributing editor, has written for The New Yorker since 2011.

Read more »
Video

North Korea’s Threats and Overtures

In his annual New Year’s Day speech, Kim Jong Un had messages for the United States and South Korea.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018 ... ps-reality

Keith Olbermann

Verified account

@KeithOlbermann
2h2 hours ago
More
Thanks, @realDonaldTrump, you gutless terrified racist, for reminding us you want to only admit - what shall we call them? Aryans? - your inability to understand that immigration isn’t a personnel draft, and that you called countries and continents and their peoples SHITHOLES.

seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 pm wrote:
I predict that someone in Trumpworld will be indicted

I was right a year ago and I am right now
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 am

Jeff Flake expected to deliver floor speech comparing Trump's attacks on media to Stalin's
Aileen Graef
By Aileen Graef and Liz Turrell, CNN
Updated 7:01 PM ET, Sun January 14, 2018

WASHINGTON, DC - OCTOBER 24: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) speaks to reporters on Capitol Hill after announcing he will not seek re-election October 24, 2017 in Washington, DC.
Flake slams Trump's tweets, defends Schumer

(CNN)Republican Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona is expected to deliver a floor speech on Wednesday in which he will compare President Donald Trump's attacks on the news media to the rhetoric of late Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin.

According to an excerpt of the speech, Flake will criticize the President for calling the news media the "enemy of the people," calling it "an assault as unprecedented as it is unwarranted."

"Mr. President, it is a testament to the condition of our democracy that our own President uses words infamously spoken by Josef Stalin to describe his enemies," reads the excerpt. "It bears noting that so fraught with malice was the phrase 'enemy of the people,' that even Nikita Khrushchev forbade its use, telling the Soviet Communist Party that the phrase had been introduced by Stalin for the purpose of 'annihilating such individuals' who disagreed with the supreme leader."

Flake's prepared speech goes on to say the President's actions should be "a great source of shame" for the Senate and the members of the Republican Party.

"The free press is the despot's enemy, which makes the free press the guardian of democracy," Flake's remarks say. "When a figure in power reflexively calls any press that doesn't suit him 'fake news,' it is that person who should be the figure of suspicion, not the press."
Flake, who announced he will not be seeking re-election in 2018, has said he will use his remaining time in the Senate to speak out against the President when he believes it is warranted.

A frequent critic of Trump, Flake announced his decision to retire in a Senate speech in October that bemoaned the "coarsening" tenor of politics in the United States and criticized his own party's "complicity" with Trump's behavior.

The Arizona Republican has said he doesn't have any formal plans to run for President after his time on Capitol Hill.
"I don't rule anything out, but it's not in my plans," Flake told ABC's "This Week" last month.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/politics/ ... index.html
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Ed Krassenstein‏
@EdKrassen
Follow Follow @EdKrassen

BREAKING: Haiti just had an emergency high court session resulting in an agreement to unseal & release documents relating to Jean-Claude 'Baby Doc' Duvalier's indictments for money laundering through Trump Tower. Looks like Trump will regret insulting Haiti!
KARMA's a B*tch!

Breaking News: Haiti to unseal files pertaining to former dictator, Jean Claude Duvalier, laundering money through Trump Tower during his time in power
Posted by hougansydney.com on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 Under: Haiti Breaking News
Image result for trump tower fifth avenue

Haitian officials on Monday evening held an emergency high court session which resulted in an agreement to unseal and publicly released documents relating to Jean-Claude Duvalier's indictments for money laundering through Trump tower, during his brutal 15 years dictatorship.

In 1983, Donald Trump sold an apartment to former Haitian dictator Jean Claude Duvalier for $446, 875

http://www.hougansydney.com/whats-happe ... e-in-power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCTExXa0lY
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:20 am

Trump's weight is one pound below the obesity level, and his doctor said he should lose 10 to 15 pounds

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ob ... nds-2018-1

America's Fattest Presidents

How leaders like Taft and Teddy filled up their big bellies

By Eric Spitznagel December 13, 2013
https://www.menshealth.com/guy-wisdom/f ... presidents

Taft, Teddy & Trump. (Only two weeks to gain one pound before the State of The Donald Union address.)
Last edited by Cordelia on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:36 am

#GirtherGate is trending :P

Muhammad Ali 6ft 3” 236 pounds
Donald Trump 6ft 3” 239 pounds
ImageImage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTJOXRh_jOw

Misleading Trump Admin Report Links Immigration, Terrorism
By Sam Thielman | January 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Bill Clark/CQPHO
The Trump administration wants everyone to know that many of the people convicted by the U.S. of international terrorism weren’t born in America.

That unsurprising finding, itself obtained through a brazen sleight of hand, is the key revelation in a new report released Tuesday by the Department of Justice (DoJ) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The ten-page paper was written in response to an executive order issued last year by President Donald Trump that directed the government to report numbers on foreigners in the U.S. who have been charged with terrorism. It aims to build support for the Trump administration’s strict immigration policies.

“This report reveals an indisputable sobering reality—our immigration system has undermined our national security and public safety,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a press release accompanying the report.

The report finds that of the 549 people convicted in the U.S. of international terrorism since 9/11, 402, or nearly three out of four, are “foreign-born.” But to get to that number, it includes foreigners who committed crimes on foreign soil before being extradited to the U.S. — cases which have no bearing on immigration issues.

House minority whip Steny Hoyer said the report’s “picture of a nation under assault from foreigners” served no serious purpose. The report, the Maryland Democrat said in a statement send to press and posted to his website, “cannot be taken seriously because it is so deeply misleading.”

“The fraction of immigrants who engage in terrorism is minuscule, barely registering against the overwhelming share who contribute positively to our economy and national security,” Hoyer wrote. “The report counts those who committed terrorist acts overseas and were brought here to face trial – such individuals are not ‘immigrants’ by any stretch of the imagination.”

Of course, that’s just the most obvious problem with the report. Michael German, formerly an FBI counterterrorism agent and now a fellow at the Brennan Center for Justice’s Liberty and National Security program, said the report’s use of the term “international terrorism” exclusively refers to Muslim groups. Neo-Nazis, the Klan, anti-abortion terrorists and other terrorists, aren’t counted by the report as international terrorists even if they were foreign-born.

“International terrorism” is an internal phrase used by the FBI, German said. “Domestic terrorism just means ‘not affiliated with Muslim groups.’ If you’re a Neo-Nazi terrorist in the United States, even if you’re Canadian or French, you’re a domestic terrorist.”

The authors of the report suggested that they had sought information not just about the immigration status of terrorists themselves, but of their families, especially of American citizens. “Information pertaining to the citizenship status of the parents of these 147 [American-born] individuals was not available at the time of this report’s issuance,” reads one footnote.

The report comes as the White House and Congress are engaged in a heated debate over the potential for an immigration overhaul. A hard line on immigration was the most prominent policy stance of Trump’s presidential campaign.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... -terrorism

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTnLMbhXcAAzlVR.jpg
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Karmamatterz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:01 pm

Trump's weight is one pound below the obesity level, and his doctor said he should lose 10 to 15 pounds

So fat shaming is back in style? I thought that was being mean to pick on the obese? Just doesn't seem fair or egalitarian at all!
Karmamatterz

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 pm

In trump's case it is. Since he thinks he's a genius Adonis who brags about everything and insults everyone, any and all flaws are fair game.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Karmamatterz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:01 pm wrote:

So fat shaming is back in style? I thought that was being mean to pick on the obese? Just doesn't seem fair or egalitarian at all!

You're absolutely right and thank you for calling attention to this or any shaming. One of my own blind-sides, I think and I apologize.

:praybow

(Another reason I love this board--I learn a lot; including about myself.)

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:57 pm

82_28 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 pm wrote:In trump's case it is. Since he thinks he's a genius Adonis who brags about everything and insults everyone, any and all flaws are fair game.

so funny

trump being a racist and a serial insulter ...can't top that

it is really not a matter of being fat.....he is the oldest president ever ...he weighs way more than 235 pounds ...it a health issue not a fat shaming issue

Russian conspiracy is suddenly so much less interesting :P

can't shame someone who shames himself :)

Seth Abramson‏Verified account

(THREAD) The BREAKING NEWS that Trump cheated on Melania with porn star "Stormy Daniels"—then used his lawyer as a "fixer" to pay six-figure hush-money a few weeks before the 2016 election—is relevant to the Russia inquiry. I hope you'll read on to see how, and share with others.

BREAKING: Trump Cheated on Melania With Porn Star "Stormy Daniels," Paid Six-Figure Hush-Money 30 Days Before the 2016 President Election to Cover It Up, Using Russiagate Figure Michael Cohen As a Fixer: http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... stay-quiet?
2/ What do I think is important here? NOT Trump's personal life. Don't care about it. What DOES matter is a) yes, he can be blackmailed, and b) yes, he engaged in sexual conduct that can get him blackmailed. The media didn't want to say so before, but it seems to me they can now.

1/ First, here's a link to an article about this breaking news in THE HILL (the news was originally reported by THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, which is behind a paywall):Seth Abramson added,

BREAKING: Trump Cheated on Melania With Porn Star "Stormy Daniels," Paid Six-Figure Hush-Money 30 Days Before the 2016 President Election to Cover It Up, Using Russiagate Figure Michael Cohen As a Fixer: …
Show this thread

2/ Second, understand that I'd don't care about Trump's private life—his sex life or otherwise—except to the extent it affects national security. Unfortunately, when you're a public figure—particularly the POTUS—the possibility of blackmail is real and a national security threat.

3/ Third, understand that this breaking news comes from a conservative publication whose editorial page is wildly pro-Trump. This is a real, well-sourced story, by all accounts. Trump will not be able to claim that this report comes from CNN, MSNBC, or another "fake news" outlet.

4/ Fourth, understand that not only will Trump, Cohen, and Daniels deny the report, but that's the *point* of a) paying off Daniels, and b) Trump using his lawyer to do it. Cohen has attorney-client privilege; Daniels fears a lawsuit, any threats Cohen made, and losing her money.

5/ The reason this matters is that after BUZZFEED published the Steele Dossier, those of us who agreed with the FBI and CIA that it appeared credible on its face and came from a credible source—the former top Russianist at MI6—were told it *couldn't* be true for several reasons.

6/ The main reason Trump's allies said the 35-page dossier had to be false is because they insisted that its *first page*—which alleged that the Kremlin was blackmailing Trump—couldn't be true and wasn't true. All of the reasons they gave just died—all at once—with this WSJ news.

7/ They said he couldn't be blackmailed. Why? He loves bad press. Or has no shame. Or everyone already knows all his dirt. Or his wives had implicitly allowed him to cheat (a tacit Steele Dossier allegation). Or people feared lawsuits. Or him. So don't worry about it, they said.

8/ But now we know that Trump *can* be blackmailed. And he can be blackmailed *easily*. Stormy Daniels, a porn star, got $130,000 from a man who hardly parted with a dime to become POTUS—and apparently got that money as soon as she asked for it. Imagine what the Kremlin could do?

9/ And in fact, this isn't even the first hush-money the WSJ has reported Trump paid in the run-up to the election.

Not even the first hush-money Trump paid to cover up *cheating on Melania with someone in the adult media industry*.

See this story:
The National Enquirer Covered Up Story of Donald Trump's Extramarital Affair: Report
http://time.com/4559610/donald-trump-na ... -mcdougal/
10/ That's right: Trump appears to have used a pal at the National Enquirer to pay $150,000 to cover up *another* affair. So now we're looking at $280,000—over a quarter of a million dollars—in the run-up to the election. And that's just what we know of.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2858989
11/ This tells us the Stormy Daniels incident isn't a one-off incident—Trump has multiple skeletons in his closet, and he can be blackmailed over them as POTUS, and if blackmailed he will engage in clandestine payments to ensure the blackmail material never sees the light of day.

12/ Trump defenders also said Trump didn't care about sex claims, because everyone already knew his business and he had no shame and he had an understanding with his wives and he thinks Americans like a man who has attractive mistresses and—you get the point. But all that was BS.

13/ But Trump defenders *also* said the Steele Dossier's claims about events at the Ritz Moscow in November 2013 couldn't be accurate because (a) Donald Trump is very careful about ensuring no one can get blackmail on him, and (b) there's no reason to think he'd cheat on Melania.

14/ But of course those defenses are gone now, too—Donald Trump took no care whatsoever to ensure no one would be able to blackmail him, other than waiting until blackmail demands were made and then acceding to them. And apparently his marriage is no obstacle to his malfeasance.

15/ Trump pleaded the Fifth Amendment nearly 100 times *in a single deposition* to avoid admitting to adultery—that's how scared he is of his adulteries being found out. So what could Putin get from him if he had *embarrassing video* of adulterous conduct?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 7172b69963
16/ Remember that Clinton was impeached for Perjury. And what did he lie about? Adultery. So yes, Trump's adulteries are very serious, especially when—as was *never* the case with Clinton—the CIA told the BBC that the Kremlin has tapes of these adulteries.
Trump 'compromising' claims: How and why did we get here?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38589427
17/ What we have here, too, is Trump using his personal lawyer to engage in illicit behavior: specifically, to cover up the sort of conduct Trump has repeatedly pleaded the Fifth Amendment—the right against self-incrimination—to hide. Guess what—the Steele Dossier says this, too.

18/ The Steele Dossier's claim that Trump uses Cohen as a fixer for illicit conduct are now confirmed. And Cohen's claims on his own and Trump's involvement in a 2015 Trump Tower Moscow deal and a 2017 Moscow-orchestrated sanctions deal are now *all* thrown into serious question.

19/ And the WALL STREET JOURNAL story now *requires* that the media ask Trump day after day—until they/we get an answer—who else has he paid, who else has tried to get him to pay, and who else could one day try to *make* him pay. We've a right to know if POTUS can be blackmailed.

20/ It's time for an end to claims that this is "salacious" material we can't discuss or that these are "private" issues or that the fact Daniels can't and Cohen won't speak about this means the payment never happened. Trump can be BLACKMAILED—and it's a national security threat.

PS/ I'm hearing from folks involved in the adult film industry—certified Twitter accounts—that $130,000 would be considered a lot of money in an industry where most workers are wildly underpaid. So please don't think the amount of cash involved here suggests the scandal is small.

This is why the Stormy Daniels story is so dangerous

A sex scandal that is actually important.

Jan 17, 2018, 12:43 pm
Actress Stormy Daniels poses for photos at TAO Nightclub on January 12, 2008 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
There are credible allegations that the President of the United States engaged in an affair with an adult film actress, paid her over $100,000 to keep quiet about it weeks before the election, and is now actively engaged in an elaborate cover-up.

On January 12, the Wall Street Journal reported that Trump, through his lawyer Michael Cohen, had paid Stephanie Clifford $130,000 one month before the election to buy her silence about an affair she had with Trump in 2006. Clifford is an adult film actor who performs under the name Stormy Daniels. The affair allegedly took place shortly after Trump’s third wife, Melania, gave birth to his son Barron.

Cohen then released a letter — purportedly by Daniels and dated two days before the story published — denying she ever had a sexual relationship with Trump.

Cohen also passed along an image of this letter to me, signed from "Stormy Daniels" and dated Jan 10, 2018, denying rumors of hush money from Trump and calling them "completely false."

Daniels has not publicly commented or confirmed the accuracy of the letter.

The letter directly contradicts the contemporaneous account of another adult film actor, Alana Evans, who said she talked to Trump on the phone when he was with Daniels and he invited her to come over and “party.” Evans says Daniels later told her she had sex with Trump.

It also contradicts an interview Daniels gave to In Touch in 2011, according to a new report from the magazine. “[Sex with Trump] was textbook generic. I actually don’t even know why I did it, but I do remember while we were having sex, I was like, ‘Please, don’t try to pay me,” Daniels said, according to In Touch.

This scandal had not garnered the intense media coverage one might expect of a story about a porn actor’s affair with a president: At yesterday’s White House press briefing, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders did not receive a single question about the alleged affair with Daniels or the payment.

But the Stormy Daniels–Trump story matters — beyond allegations of an affair. Here’s why.

The story indicates Trump is willing to lie about his sexual encounters with women.

Trump’s lawyer is distributing a statement denying any sexual relationship between Daniels and Trump. But there is a mountain of evidence that suggests this statement is a lie, including historical interviews by Daniels herself, the existence of the $130,000 payment, and the contemporaneous accounts by friends of Daniels. The president’s willingness to lie about his interactions with women is important: There are more than a dozen women who have accused Trump of sexual assault. Trump has denied those claims, but the Daniels story suggests he’s willing to lie.

The story has parallels to other women’s claims of sexual assault by Trump.

In October 2016, another adult film actor, Jessica Drake, accused Trump of sexual assault. The women’s stories diverge dramatically: Daniels’ sexual contact with Trump was reportedly consensual, but the material circumstances of their stories indicate some parallels. Drake, who says Trump assaulted her, said that she met Trump at a “2006 at a golf tournament in Lake Tahoe.” This is the same golf tournament where Daniels met Trump. (This fact is not in dispute — there are photos of Trump and Daniels at the event.) Drake said that “Trump invited her to his hotel room, but she didn’t feel entirely comfortable going alone, so she brought two other women with her.” According to press accounts, Trump also invited Daniels to his hotel room. Drake says that when she arrived at the hotel room Trump “grabbed each of us tightly, in a hug and kissed each one of us without asking permission.” While Daniels’ account is dramatically different from Drake’s, it does indicate that Trump was pursuing sexual encounters with women at his hotel room at Lake Tahoe in 2006, when and where Drake says Trumped assaulted.

The story suggests Trump is vulnerable to blackmail and extortion.

According to reports, Daniels was able to extract a $130,000 payment to keep quiet about her affair with Trump. How many other women have stories about Trump that he does not want told? This is potentially a very dangerous predicament for a sitting president. In the unverified Steele dossier, there is an allegation that Russian officials have information about Trump’s interactions with sex workers in Moscow that Russian agents are using as leverage. There is not evidence that this is true (although Trump’s bodyguard confirmed he was offered the sexual attention of prostitutes) but Daniels’ story suggests similar circumstances may be possible. Trump, reportedly, has things to hide and is willing to go to substantial lengths to hide them.
https://thinkprogress.org/why-the-storm ... ce=twitter
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby The Consul » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:07 pm

He lied about his height so as not to be categorized obese. By lying about his health he is lying to everyone in the country.
And I say
Fuck him and his fat lying ass. He lies about it and he deserves whatever droppings are hurled at him. He talks about himself like he is god's gift to women. He shags porn stars and tells them they remind him of his daughter. So he can eat shit and die the fat fuck he is. Every facet of this fascist golem deserves to be shamed.
He can't wear a girdle while he's golfing so he hates to be photographed while doing so not just because he is wasting our money at a spectacular rate, but because the blubber rings bounce when he swings.
Like no one ever swung, believe me, the best swing, the purest swing, believe me, here, have another $600 chicken ball, sucker!
This prick is incapable of owning any of his flaws or faults outside the realm of his self mythology.
I'm technically obese and that lying sack of shit has me by sixty pounds. He has one of the world's fattest man asses. The long tie is to lead the eye away from his midway. The constant face making and mouth sucking shapes are to keep you from looking at what he is trying to hide. Which is him, all of him, inside and outside.
If only he would swallow himself and vanish forever from human consciousness.
So I'll say it again. To hell with that lying fat fuck.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:23 pm

@The Consul
:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

JANUARY 17, 2018 11:14am PT by Lesley Goldberg, Andy Lewis

Michael Wolff's 'Fire and Fury' to Become TV Series (Exclusive)

Endeavor Content has purchased rights to the best-selling exposé of the Trump White House and plans to adapt it for the small screen.

Endeavor Content has purchased rights to the best-selling exposé of the Trump White House and plans to adapt it for the small screen.
Michael Wolff's controversial Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House is coming to television.

Endeavor Content — the financing and sales arm formed in October between sister companies William Morris Endeavor and IMG — has purchased film and television rights to the No. 1 best-selling book. The massive deal is said to be in the seven-figure range. Endeavor Content plans to adapt the book as a TV series. A network is not yet attached, as Endeavor will now begin shopping the project.

Wolff will executive produce the series, with veteran Channel 4 and BBC executive Michael Jackson — now CEO of indie producer Two Cities Television — also on board to produce.
Fire and Fury, which tells the inside story of Donald Trump’s first year as president based on Wolff’s exclusive access to the White House, has been the publishing sensation of 2018. The book had attracted little attention since it was first announced in November. But earlier this month, The Guardian leaked news from the heavily embargoed book and authorized excerpts in New York and a column The Hollywood Reporter — where Wolff serves as a columnist — created a sensation. Trump attacked both the book and former adviser Steve Bannon, who was one of Wolff’s principal sources. Bannon later stepped down from Breitbart News in the aftermath of the publication of his comments in the book.

READ MORE
"You Can’t Make This S--- Up": My Year Inside Trump's Insane White House
Interest in the book then surged, and publisher Henry Holt moved up the publication date from Jan. 9 to Jan. 5 after White House officials attempted to stop its release. Most bookstores sold out in minutes, with some opening at midnight to meet demand. Ebook and audiobook sales were huge (more than 250,000 and 100,000, respectively). Fire and Fury debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list, based only on the first two days of sales. In less than a week, the publisher reported more than 1.4 million hardcovers on order and 700,000 copies shipped, making it the fastest-selling nonfiction book in the company’s history.

To date, rights to the book have been sold in 32 countries. It is currently the best-selling book of any genre worldwide. (A Spanish-language edition is set for Feb. 28, with subsequent takes in Arabic, Albanian, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Japanese, French, German and other languages also planned.)

Fire and Fury comes to the small screen after HBO canceled a planned series based on the 2016 election in what was poised to be a Game Change sequel of sorts. The pay cabler scrapped the project after sexual harassment allegations emerged regarding source material co-author Mark Halperin, who was poised to pen the script alongside John Heilemann. That opened the door for a Trump tell-all, with demand high for Fire and Fury given Wolff’s cinematic writing and fly-on-the-wall detail.

Fire and Fury marks the largest deal to date for Endeavor Content. The company has a pact with Peter Chernin's Chernin Entertainment (which has already led to two projects at Apple) as well as a feature with Michael B. Jordan.

Attorney Kevin Morris negotiated the deal on Wolff's behalf.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... es-1075346
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 am

82_28 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:14 pm wrote:In trump's case it is. Since he thinks he's a genius Adonis who brags about everything and insults everyone, any and all flaws are fair game.

Upon reflection I disagree; one reason, besides making others w/similar flaws feel demeaned, it reduces standards of behavior/empathy to Trump's level.

Cordelia

Postby Karmamatterz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:38 am

Cordelia, I was kidding. Let political correctness go to hell where it belongs. A fat ass is a fat ass. But it's good to know that the PC crowd that shrills about fat shaming are really just hypocrites.

This attention on Trump's weight is a joke. Of course he is a fat ass. An ugly fat ass(hole). Big. Fucking. Deal. Suddenly people just noticed that??? About half of America is fat. Why give one fuck about any politicians weight? Why give one fuck whether you think a politician is lying? They all lie. This entire psychosis about Trump is hilarious because people actually think politicians shouldn't lie. LMFAO.

Additionally there seems to be a sense that a sitting U.S. president could be blackmailed. Oh my! No shit Sherlock, name a president, senator or congressmen that isn't a target for blackmail. For all we know the majority of those mentioned elected officials have been blackmailed.

Who cares who Trump fucked? Nobody cares, A man lying about an affair? Whoop dee doo.

Reagan was the oldest president, not Trump.
Karmamatterz

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am

Donald Trump is the oldest president elected in US history
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-t ... ry-2016-11

if Obama had been with porn stars and paid to cover it up it would have been all over the place

if his wife was a nude model her photo would have been posted all over the place instead of the RACIST photos trump supporters posted of her

in the words of TheConsul

To hell with that lying fat fuck.

he lied about how tall he is

2,000 times he has lied...NO one could ever compete with that

he wants to deport 800,000 DREAMERS to where??? AND he will shut down the U.S. government to do it!

he just said Mexico is the most dangerous country in the world :roll:

trump is being blackmailed by a foreigner mobster...no president has ever had that luxury

oh but we can't say anything bad about him ...give me a break..they are NOT all the same

On Thursday, the White House sent guys named Edward O'Callaghan and Raj Shah to use false data to smear immigrants with the taint of terrorism and slam chain migration as an inherently bad thing that must be eradicated.

this guy is not lazy ...he is not a drug dealer as trump has said all Mexicans are...and I am supposed to play nice with him?

Jorge is a decent human being who loves his children

“I’m trying to be strong. I just want to get my story out there,” Cindy Garcia said on CNN’s “Newsroom with Brooke Baldwin." ”As depressed as I am — and I just want to scream and cry and lay in bed and not move — I know that I have to come forward for the people who cannot, and tell our story. And how devastated we are that our case should have been looked at as an individual case and not as a whole because my husband is not a criminal.”

Her husband, 39-year-old Jorge Garcia, was deported to Mexico on Monday after living in the U.S. for 30 years. He was brought to the U.S. at the age of 10 by a family member who was also here illegally, according to the Detroit Free Press, and had been working since 2005 to obtain lawful residence.
Cindy Garcia told CNN she has struggled to explain to her two children, ages 15 and 12, what
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion