I'm a Search and Rescue Officer I Have Some Stories to Tell

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I'm a Search and Rescue Officer I Have Some Stories to T

Postby BrandonD » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:25 am

That sounds scary, for sure.

I've had a few experiences of that sort. Though they were weird they usually seemed pretty benign. Definitely none as scary as yours.

The strangest incident involved me waking up in the morning, but instead of moving I just lied in bed awake. That was usually the situation in which this sort of thing would happen.

I had the sudden awareness that something was sitting next to the bed beside me - not sure how I was aware of it, I just was. It was small and black, and seemed to me to be a black cat. It was silently observing me.

I also had the awareness that there were holes of some sort in the walls around me, lots of them, about 3 feet in diameter. It was through such holes that these black cat-type things would pass.

I wasn't scared at all about the scenario I was in, just impartially curious. Then after several moments I had the thought, 'Wait, I don't own a cat' - and at that moment I sensed the black thing quickly recede back into the wall. My awareness of the room quickly transitioned to my normal awareness and I sat up, hearing what sounded like running on the opposite side of the wall.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Freitag » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Speaking of fiction based on Paulides' work, this kindle book is on sale and has decent reviews: Clusters: Case of the Missing. I bought it but haven't started reading it yet.
Freitag

Postby slomo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:48 pm

I bought one of Paulides books, and was disappointed that it was not well written or well organized. Still, the cases were very interesting.
slomo

Postby Freitag » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:22 pm

slomo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:48 am wrote:I bought one of Paulides books, and was disappointed that it was not well written or well organized. Still, the cases were very interesting.

Yeah I felt the same way. The material is interesting, but the style creates an obstacle. Normally the protagonist of a book is the one overcoming obstacles, but in this case it's the reader. Paulides should invest in a developmental editor. He needs to find some way of providing a beginning, middle and end to the book, despite his not wanting to draw conclusions about the mystery. He could provide some narration from his own point of view, to allow the reader to vicariously follow him in his investigation, through its ups and downs. Something, anything, that resembles basic story structure. That being said I've only read two of his books, maybe subsequent issues have been better.
Freitag

Previous

Return to General Discussion