Putin's Troll Factories

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Putin's Troll Factories

Postby American Dream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 pm

It's not an argument to explain why "I'm right", it's about explaining why I choose to get into a big debate about Syria. That is my choice. Everyone here enjoys the same freedom.
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Well, I'm glad that you're done with me, because it's getting pretty exhausting keeping up with and trying to correct your mistaken impressions, such as your notion that I've "identified" Carla Ortiz as a "Russian mercenary". If you'll go back and read what I actually wrote, you'll see that I have done no such thing.

Let me see if I can explain it in a way that is "Belligerent Savant Proof".

YOU implied that you prefer to place your trust in "those that have spent time in Syria."

I replied "Those who've spent time in Syria... like Russian mercenaries? How about the White Helmets?"

Because, you see, the category of people who qualify as "those who've spent time in Syria" literally includes Russian mercenaries (paid non-military soldiers for hire from Russia) and members of the White Helmets. And I assume these two groups hold diametrically opposed opinions about what's going on in Syria. Despite "having spent time in Syria."

See? It was a way of pointing out the fact that your qualification is LITERALLY MEANINGLESS. It had nothing to do with Carla Ortiz.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with everything, and farewell.
yer old pal Jerky

Belligerent Savant » 24 Apr 2018 21:21 wrote:.

If you are of the opinion that the White Helmets are a legit outfit and are there for humanitarian causes (rather than furthering Imperialist causes/US govt propaganda efforts), there is nothing further to discuss here.

Carry on.

(I'm tickled that you now identify Carla Ortiz -- and surely anyone else reporting directly from Syria that counters the official propaganda narratives of the US govt -- as a 'russian mercenary'. That cast net keeps expanding, huh)
Last edited by Jerky on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerky

Postby Burnt Hill » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Jerky wrote:However, in all sincerity, I also think you might want to ask your GP for a referral to a decent neurologist. Your ongoing reading comprehension troubles are a worrying sign.

Yeah I am not liking this type of insult regardless.
Please don't suggest mental illness or disability as a way to insult anyone.
On that note I do think it is fair to point out when someone is using a specific defense mechanism or whatnot.
:sun:
Burnt Hill

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Jerky -- I see you're attempting to find a loophole (or otherwise re-frame earlier statements). I referenced "reporting" from the ground in Syria, the implication being that I was referring to non-mercenary reporters (individuals that do not carry weapons on behalf of a govt entity).

(I'll ignore that attempted insult at my expense. I understand; defending the Empire's tactics will only become increasingly stressful. You won't be alone in that regard; it appears the other Empire-apologist is beginning to unravel a bit as well.)

All good. As I said, carry on.

BHill: I appreciate your gesture, but you needn't step in on my behalf. I can take the attempted jabs. :wink:
Belligerent Savant

Postby American Dream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Long ago, a friend of the progressive persuasion asked me, "Why spend so much time and energy on stressing over people on the Internet with right wing beliefs?".

I didn't have a good answer for him and that's when everything changed. I now give myself freedom to do as little or much as I really want to- and that has made all the difference.
American Dream

Postby Burnt Hill » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Belligerent Savant wrote:BHill: I appreciate your gesture, but you needn't step in on my behalf. I can take the attempted jabs.

Perfectly acceptable to frame it that way, but my complaint was in defense of my own sensibilities.
And it adds nothing to the discourse anyway.
Not that I wouldn't defend you BelSav, if necessary, though I am just as likely to scold you for some fairly minor faux pas too.
:moresarcasm
Burnt Hill

Postby Jerky » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm

I have removed it, and I will apologize with the caveat that I originally doubted that BelSav really did believe that I was referring to Carla Ortiz as a "Russian mercenary" -- I was not, the idea that I did makes zero sense in the context of what I wrote, and there's no way anyone with average reading comprehension skills could honestly believe that's what I was doing -- so I thought he was "trolling" in the traditional sense, in other words, trying to get me to react by falsely accusing me of something even he doesn't believe I was doing (otherwise known as arguing in bad faith).

I mean, you tell me Burnt... is there ANY way to take what I wrote to mean that I was calling Ortiz a Russian mercenary?! That would have to mean I was ALSO calling her a White Helmet! It just makes no sense. And now BelSav is doubling down, claiming that I'm looking for "loopholes" when I am doing no such fucking thing. I never called Ortiz a Russian mercenary, and if you really, honestly think I did, then I personally think there might be something wrong with you.

J.

Burnt Hill » 24 Apr 2018 23:43 wrote:
Jerky wrote:However, in all sincerity, I also think you might want to ask your GP for a referral to a decent neurologist. Your ongoing reading comprehension troubles are a worrying sign.

Yeah I am not liking this type of insult regardless.
Please don't suggest mental illness or disability as a way to insult anyone.
On that note I do think it is fair to point out when someone is using a specific defense mechanism or whatnot.
:sun:
Jerky

Postby streeb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:45 pm

...and if you really, honestly think I did, then I personally think there might be something wrong with you.

God, you're a mess.
streeb

Postby Jerky » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:47 pm

streeb » 25 Apr 2018 00:45 wrote:
...and if you really, honestly think I did, then I personally think there might be something wrong with you.

God, you're a mess.

Who asked you?
Jerky

Postby American Dream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Please let's not get distracted by insults. Take some deep breaths, or do whatever else you do that may help.
American Dream

Postby streeb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm

However, in all sincerity, I also think you might want to ask your GP for a referral to a decent neurologist. Your ongoing reading comprehension troubles are a worrying sign.

...I have removed it, and I will apologize with the caveat blah blah blah...

... and if you really, honestly think I did, then I personally think there might be something wrong with you.

The question kinda asks itself, Jerky.
streeb

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:33 pm

To be fair Belligerent Savant in the past shown concern for my mental health and nobody objected
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Burnt Hill » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Probably why I am sensitive to it.
I am not the morality police by any means - but it is a lousy insult that can be expressed other ways. Ableism is a thing (not accusing Jerky of it).

seemslikeadream wrote:To be fair Belligerent Savant in the past shown concern for my mental health and nobody objected
Burnt Hill

Postby streeb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 pm

(not accusing Jerky of it).

I am. He does it all the time.
streeb

Postby Jerky » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:15 am

And in some cases, my amateur diagnoses were spot on.

J.
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion