The Coptic Wizard's Hoard

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Grizzly » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:58 pm

Paul Mirecki
The Harvard Theological Review
Vol. 87, No. 4 (Oct., 1994), pp. 435-460
Published by: Cambridge University Press on behalf of the Harvard Divinity School
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1509968
Page Count: 26

http://www.jstor.org/stable/1509968?mag ... b_contents[code][/code]

Incantations, spells, invocations, and rituals, oh, my...

https://grimoires.wordpress.com/2009/04 ... s-hoard-2/
Grimoires
Notorious Arts & Veritable Secrets
Last edited by Grizzly on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Coptic Wizard's Hoard

Postby General Patton » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:15 am

Ayy I was just reading 5 lectures on Demonology by John King IV.

It's notable how the author instructs the magician to interact with the angel's, reminds me of this text from the above mentioned book:

There's a fat stack of texts over at:
http://8ch.net/tdt/res/8.html

A table of angelic planetary correspondence by Frater Rufus Opus:

Note that European and Arab astrology believed that planet's have their power rooted in stars outside of our solar system:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behenian_fixed_star

The usual suspects show up here, Pleiades, Sirius, Algol, and so on.

I find it interesting that honey is used in the OP. Honey is created by worker bees taking a sexual product, pollen, and transmuting it into honey which is long-lasting compared to the lives of the bees who help create it.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby zangtang » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:07 am

**c* me - thats not a stack - its a library!

briefly re the correspondence table above - if i'm reading it right, would suggest our 5 'authorities' were cribbing from 2 previous (& divergent) authorities ?
zangtang

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Timely and gorgeous stash, thank you so much Grizzly.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:00 am

I am interested in this thread but did not join JSTOR so have not read the Mirecki article.

I am uncertain where you mean to go on the topic.

Budge (who assembled the manuscripts of the Coptic Wizard's Hoard) was head of Egyptian Antiquities at the British Museum for many years and is author or coauthor on a number of publications such as the most common version of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. He published in 1899 Egyptian Magic, which pre-dates this collection by 21 years. Egyptian Magic is probably the most accessible to the lay reader of the Budge books on Egypt (which are considered dated in translation and interpretation by most modern scholars).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._A._Wallis_Budge

I collected grimoires for about 30 years and have many listed at the omnibus link in collector or trade editions. Here is a list of classic grimoires within 20 feet of my pc gathered in minutes. There are at least 1000 volumes in my library related to these grimoires if one includes kabbalah, theosophy, masonry, Rosicrucian, Egypt, Gnosticism, alternative Christianity, etc etc. I have made an effort to assemble biographies where published of many personalities.

The Lesser Key of Solomon - The Goetia - Clavicula Salomonis Regis; Liddell/Mathers translation; Crowley Introduction; Weiser sc trade
The Lesser Key of Solomon - The Goetia - Clavicula Salomonis Regis; Peterson editor; hc 1st ed
The Lesser Key of Solomon - The Goetia - Clavicula Salomonis Regis; Liddell/Mathers translation; Crowley Intro; Hellfire Club limited ed #22 of 72; hand drawn Ipso sigil
http://www.hellfireclubbooks.co.uk/goetia.html
Magick in Theory and Practice; Crowley, 1st Ed 1929 (Subscribers)
The Key of Solomon the King; Liddell/Mathers translation; Cavendish introduction; Weiser sc trade
The Golden Dawn - Israel Regardie - hc signed by Regardie with hand drawn sigil and magickal motto
(have about 15 books by Regardie)
The Magus - Barrett - hc 1st modern ed (original 1801, essentially a paraphrase of Agrippa)
Of Spirits and Apparitions - John Dee/Casaubon - Antonine - hc #212 of 500 (1974 2nd ed facsimile of 1659 1st Ed); source of Enochian magic and language
The Book of Pleasure (Self-Love) - The Psychology of Ecstasy; AO Spare; 93 Publishing #164 of 1000 (1973 2nd ed facsimile of 1913 1st ed) Best grimoire on sigils ever!!
(have 7 other collectibles by AO Spare as presented by Kenneth Grant)
The nine book triple trilogy by Kenneth Grant in 1st Ed various dates Tymphonian OTO
The Mystical and Magical System of the A::A:: - The Spiritual System of Aleister Crowley and George Cecil Jones Step-By-Step; Eshelman; 1st ed hc
The Book of Magical Art, Hindoo Magic, and Indian Occultism; De Laurence 1908 hc 1st ed (essentially a paraphrase of Agrippa and Barrett's The Magus)
The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin - translated by Mathers - 1974 hc 1st USA ed facsimile of original Mathers translation (Crowley's initiation to his Guardian Angel)
The Key of the Mysteries; Eliphas Levi translated by Crowley; Weiser sc trade
The Training and Work of an Initiate; Dion Fortune; hc Weiser 1st USA ed 1972 (facsimile of 1930 1st ed)
(have about 12 books by Fortune - once of Golden Dawn - they include 5 novels and volume of short stories and a Kabbalah book that are very good)
The Science of Breath; Yogi Ramacharaka; hc reprint of 1903 1st ed Yogi Publication Society
The Kybalion - Hermetic Philosophy; Three Initiates; hc reprint of 1940 1st ed Yogi Publication Society
The Grand Grimoire; Rudy translation; hc 1st ed 1996 facsimile; #88 of 1000
OTO Rituals and Sex Magic; Reuss/Crowley; Naylor compilation released in England and not for sale in USA 1996; subsequently removed from any market by legal threat)
The Book of Enoch; Charles Litt translation; hc published in England 1917
Ophiel - obscure California occultist (Edward Peach) from 60s-70s but included in database at link - 5 1st editions of practical approaches to the occult
Aurea Catena Homeri - The Golden Chain of Homerus; Bacstrom translation from unpublished manuscript; 1983 hc edition not to be reprinted; #339 of 500
Occult Philosophy or Magic; Cornelius Agrippa; hc Weiser 1st USA ed 1971 first published in English in 1897
Eulis! ; PB Randolph; hc 4th ed 1906 originally published 1874
Book of Thoth; Crowley book on Tarot; undated OTO 1st ed hc (not Weiser, OTO is publisher); book #13
Book of the Law; Crowley, illuminated by Jameson; published 2004, 100 year anniversary ed #191 of 500
(have about 80 titles by Crowley plus many pamphlets)
The Book of the Angel Rezial; translated by Savedow from the Hebrew (only translation ever published); hc 2000 1st ed signed by author
Initiation into Hermetics; Bardon; hc first English translation 1st ed 1971 (from German publisher)
The Practice of Magical Evocation; Bardon; hc first English translation 1st ed 1970(from German publisher)
The Key to the True Kabbalah; Bardon; 1st English translation 1st ed 1996.
The Satyr's Sermon; Chumbley; 2009 only ed; #254 of 333
http://xoanon.co.uk/publications/the-satyrs-sermon/
Azoetia; Chumbley; 2002 Sethos ed; #439 of 484
http://xoanon.co.uk/publications/azoeti ... s-edition/
Last edited by PufPuf93 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PufPuf93

Postby backtoiam » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:13 am

Kenneth Grant of the Tymphonian OTO

One of our fellow riggies turned me on to this guy and I wore my mind out recently reading him. He is interesting. He will show you a 26 point star cipher that was rolled around in the oto. He sort of got his ass kicked around by some oto people for some of the things he wrote and i'm not really sure why. I think maybe some of the oto think he wrote too much and divulged too much but i'm not really sure.

I have another guy I will add to this thread but I have to get it out of my archive.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby backtoiam » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:38 am

I also have a grimoire that will freak you the hell out. The reason it will freak you out is because it works and i know it does. I have seen it. I will try to find it and if I don't post it remind me about it. My mind is a busy bus terminal and sometimes I forget.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:48 am

backtoiam » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:13 pm wrote:Kenneth Grant of the Tymphonian OTO

One of our fellow riggies turned me on to this guy and I wore my mind out recently reading him. He is interesting. He will show you a 26 point star cipher that was rolled around in the oto.

I have another guy I will add to this thread but I have to get it out of my archive.

I was the one who mentioned Kenneth Grant to you. :whisper:

Grant is deceased but at one time was literary executor for both Crowley and Austin Osman Spare and was Crowley's last personal secretary.

I plowed through the first eight books of Grant's three trilogies back in the 1980s and 1990s but never even tried to start "The Ninth Arch" (2002). Grant gets very obscure in his gematria and syncretism. He invented too much IMO. My aging and decrepit mind does not function well enough to grasp Grant as when younger and I no longer have the ability to concentrate. The 9 trilogy books total over 3000 dense pages.

I hardly pay attention any more and haven't bought a magic / mystical book since 2009 (Chumbley's Satyr's Sermon).

I would direct folks towards Spare and Chumbley now as being of more immediate interest.

My list is both my library and what most would consider the classics of western ceremonial magic. For example, Phil Hine and the chaos magicians are essentially Spare.
PufPuf93

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:58 am

backtoiam » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:38 pm wrote:I also have a grimoire that will freak you the hell out. The reason it will freak you out is because it works and i know it does. I have seen it. I will try to find it and if I don't post it remind me about it. My mind is a busy bus terminal and sometimes I forget.

I have never attempted to use magick in practice. I collected books and humored myself and sometimes others.

In his essay "The Initiated Interpretation of Ceremonial Magic" introducing The Goetia - The Lesser Key of Solomon the King, Crowley states that< "The spirits of the Goetia are portions of the human brain".

Here is a link to the short essay: http://hermetic.com/crowley/goetia/the- ... magic.html
PufPuf93

Postby backtoiam » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:02 am

I was the one who mentioned Kenneth Grant to you.

I remembered but I didn't want to name you. :hug1:

People don't understand how serious this subject is because almost nobody has ever been connected to it. I am tempted to try to explain what one person can do with their own mind if it gets connected to the magnetic rain but I doubt I will, but I want to. Before I die I want to. We are swimming in an invisible soup that reacts to the fourier transform.

edit. i fucked this up but i'll be back and explain it

ok im back

This is how it works.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform

Your head is a dynamic system. Believe it or not your sense of hearing and sight work together and both produce a signal that mother nature recognizes and reacts to.

Now....

Those who are aware of this are attenuated in a fashion that causes the signal to be attenuated in a fashion that is more reactive to the environment and this is not always a good thing. You would might be amazed at what an antenna (human head) tuned into a reactive environment can do, and the fact that mother nature will absolutely answer your signal. She can only answer the signal to the best of her ability and none of us can totally control our thoughts which means she might return a corrupted signal.

If you could see the ether like i can you would understand but most people cannot see the ether, but most people will be able to see it in about one hundred years due to the cycle we are entering. this shit is real and it is not a joke. Some people are slowly seeing it now but a mass herd ability to see the ether will not happen until about one hundred years. This is what Rudolph Steiner thinks and I agree. I am an early bird and it has caused me more damn grief than you can imagine.

Somehow I wish I could explain this because as the evolutionary phase continues this knowledge will be needed in the future.
backtoiam

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:48 am

backtoiam » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:02 pm wrote:
I was the one who mentioned Kenneth Grant to you.

I remembered but I didn't want to name you. :hug1:

People don't understand how serious this subject is because almost nobody has ever been connected to it. I am tempted to try to explain what one person can do with their own mind if it gets connected to the magnetic rain but I doubt I will, but I want to. Before I die I want to. We are swimming in an invisible soup that reacts to the fourier transform.

edit. i fucked this up but i'll be back and explain it

ok im back

This is how it works.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform

Your head is a dynamic system. Believe it or not your sense of hearing and sight work together and both produce a signal that mother nature recognizes and reacts to.

Now....

Those who are aware of this are attenuated in a fashion that causes the signal to be attenuated in a fashion that is more reactive to the environment and this is not always a good thing. You would might be amazed at what an antenna (human head) tuned into a reactive environment can do, and the fact that mother nature will absolutely answer your signal. She can only answer the signal to the best of her ability and none of us can totally control our thoughts which means she might return a corrupted signal.

Somehow I wish I could explain this because as the evolutionary phase continues this knowledge will be needed in the future.

I am so glad that you removed the "n" and added transform to get "fourier transform".

"Fournier" is some of the un-prettiest images I have ever seen on the internet. Gads. Don't look.

Aside from not being specifically in your head and given my background in math and ecology - mother nature - I get your drift. I spent years embracing my sensitivity to nature and making a stab at communicating in practice and modeling in theory, specifically dynamic models that adjust cybernetic with the unfolding patterns of nature. I am not sure whether we face evolution in this regard but rather a recollection of intrinsic knowledge through a loss of amnesia (hat tip to PKD).
PufPuf93

Postby backtoiam » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:25 am

puf the thing that pisses me off the most about what I write is when i use the word "you"

the "yous" i used were absolutely not directed in your direction. The "yous" were generic, very generic.

I'm think you understand this whole subject better than myself probably, and I just want you to know that I respect you very much and the "yous" were nothing more than a generic word for a human being.
backtoiam

Postby Grizzly » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:44 am

The Wizard is dead ...

“Faculty X is simply that latent power in human beings possess to reach beyond the present. After all, we know perfectly well that the past is as real as the present, and that New York and Singapore and Lhasa and Stepney Green are all as real as the place I happen to be in at the moment. Yet my senses do not agree. They assure me that this place, here and now, is far more real than any other place or any other time. Only in certain moments of great inner intensity do I know this to be a lie. Faculty X is a sense of reality, the reality of other places and other times, and it is the possession of it — fragmentary and uncertain though it is — that distinguishes man from all other animals”

― Colin Wilson, The Occult

A man may be born, but in order to be born he must first die, and in order to die he must first awake.
-gi gurdjieff

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienc ... tsrl14.htm
Last edited by Grizzly on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby slomo » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:27 am

On the subject of Fourier transforms: the fact that the whole of reality can be expressed in frequency domain rather than time domain with equal information content probably explains the non-local phenomena associated with magical practice. Entities that are diffuse in one domain are singular in the other.

On the subject of demonology: the idea of "criminal" is problematic, and if you replace "criminal" with "negro" in General Patton's text above, it sounds like a more mundane system with which we are all familiar, and it raises uncomfortable questions about the local metaphysical structure. Especially from a gnostic perspective: perhaps the existing spiritual hierarchy is deeply abusive and oppressive.
slomo

Postby backtoiam » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:13 am

Entities that are diffuse in one domain are singular in the other.

Yes sir and you can take that to the bank.

The aura of a human being is sort of, but not an exact example. Most people have a blue energy aura that extends about two or three inches from their body and I can see this. This is the first time I have ever really told anybody this. When a person is real tired it gets thinner. When a person has a strong emotion it burst out and gets thicker.

When a person has a sudden burst of grief a white colored halo will burst forth from the top of their body.

I strayed from your main point because i'm not sure how to describe what that looks like and not sure how to define it but there are those too. I might try later, i'm not sure. But energy systems are visible under the right circumstances and energy is everywhere all the time. It has different colors depending upon what it is.
backtoiam

Next

Return to General Discussion