Mass sexual assaults in Cologne

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Mass sexual assaults in Cologne

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Mister Base, you are a credit to your nation's educational system and a shining example of its current moral state. A Light Unto the Nations, indeed.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby FourthBase » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:53 pm

MacCruiskeen » 29 Jun 2016 16:45 wrote:You are a credit to your nation's educational system and a shining example of its current moral state. A Light Unto the Nations, indeed.

Yeah. So about my last post that's been bumped to a previous page because of your useless but incidentally accurate snark...

FourthBase » 29 Jun 2016 16:34 wrote:You seem to have skipped a sentence or two when reading that article...

Prior to 1920, Iraq was ruled under the Ottoman Empire for four centuries.

Oh?

And...?

During this time, Iraqi women had little or no rights.

Hmm. I see. Gee, I wonder why.

So the Baath Party and Saddam Hussein were the ones who liberated women, eh. That's your blazing see-how-Americans-fucked-up-a-progressive-Muslim-society hot take? Such a shame that America never backed those noble women-freeing Baathists or Saddam, then. Oh, wait.

Got nothing, eh?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:58 pm

What has happened to Rigorous Intuition? Does Jeff ever even look in here? Has he altered the board rules without anyone noticing? Does he actually know that it's now no longer even a Discussion Board, but a garbage-strewn Safe Space for every braindead fascist timewaster with a computer to his name?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby FourthBase » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:12 pm

MacCruiskeen » 29 Jun 2016 16:58 wrote:What has happened to Rigorous Intuition? Does Jeff ever even look in here? Has he altered the board rules without anyone noticing? Does he actually know that it's now no longer even a Discussion Board, but a garbage-strewn Safe Space for every braindead fascist timewaster with a computer to his name?

Oh, this will be interesting, do tell which rule I'm breaking. Is it Rule 5A, "Never, ever point out how batshit insane Mac is because Mac's deranged worldview is the definition of antifascism"? Is it Rule 21.8, "Anyone who humiliates Mac is a fascist whose speaking privileges should be terminated"?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:49 pm

MacCruiskeen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:58 pm wrote:What has happened to Rigorous Intuition? Does Jeff ever even look in here? Has he altered the board rules without anyone noticing? Does he actually know that it's now no longer even a Discussion Board, but a garbage-strewn Safe Space for every braindead fascist timewaster with a computer to his name?

1. Time

2. No.

3. No, but he did leave.

4. Yes. That's probably rather why he left. You seem to have a much higher tolerance for self-abuse, though.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Harvey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Maybe a "Delete Draft/Return To Forum" button next to "Save Draft" would help.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:10 pm

backtoiam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:40 am wrote:Usually they just pull her pants down a

Its fucking disgusting beyond my ability to tolerate it.

"YOU'RE A RACIST!"

LOL,JK tho, I just like saying that to people, but I am giving you a week off because again and again you've got a real penchant for lurid, trigger-tastic details when discussing sexual abuse. It's gratuitous. And this is far from the first time I've asked you to be more considerate of the audience here. Don't keep doing this.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:10 pm

FourthBase » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:15 pm wrote:
FourthBase » 29 Jun 2016 14:57 wrote:
How is it possible so many are blind to the ever-present misogyny here, where women are killed and raped, several incidents daily, and point their finger elsewhere? We are all aware of the excesses of Fundamentalists, regardless their religion, though all of the three main religions, Judaism, Islam and Christianity, all fault woman as the cause of all of mankind's ills. Women had no rights and were considered chattel in the USA until 100 years ago.

The false equivalency and hypocrisy and moral blindness here is off the fucking charts. You realize that, right? "Who are you to judge Nazi culture when you haven't treated Jews well all the time either?"

Would you rather have a daughter grow up in an average American fraternity or would you rather her grow up in an average Islamic village?

Can you imagine if slavery were legal in Islamic cultures* and millions of Africans were enslaved and your response to the disgust and furor over it were, "Stop being a bigot**, what right do you have to focus on Muslims, remember that there are still Klansmen in America who attack black people and it was only 150 years ago when slavery was legal here, too"?

*It still is, by the way, in many. It's the unchangeable word of Allah, after all. Nobody does fundamentalism as seriously as Muslims do.

**It's just a parasitic meme system. It's not a race. I would be just as appalled by most forms of Islam if all 1.6 billion Muslims were blond blue-eyed pale-as-snow white people believing in and enforcing the same inhumane bullshit.

You asked me why the eye roll for btia's comment. I told you. I put no words in his mouth, only quoted his words.
Would you rather have a daughter grow up in an average American fraternity or would you rather her grow up in an average Islamic village?

It's a moot point, my daughter being a grandmother. But if you're asking which society I would rather see her raped by, well, of course I would rather not want to see her raped by anyone. You're drifting off topic, 4thB. Besides, in this you present a double-bind. I am of this culture, so I would want my daughter raised in my own, of course, and as I did.

Maybe we should talk about the tremendous threat Mexicans pose to our well being, if you want to bring the clan into it.

Before Vatican II woman needed to wear head coverings in church. Into the sixties, women in western cultures wore veils when going to church or when attending social affairs. Up until the '70s men could beat their wives mercilessly without fear of repercussion.

I ran into an old classmate who gave me a business card a took a look at today, he authored "The Mechanics of the Rapture."

Religious fundamentalism is dangerous to women, no matter the religion.

But to condemn all Muslims because of the act of a few is insanely irrational.

We all have the very same needs to be healthy in body & mind, regardless our culture or religion.

Edited typo: 'your' to 'you're'
Last edited by Iamwhomiam on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Nordic » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:24 am

What does all this arguing have to do with the fact that we were promised cute toddlers and women, but are receiving countless young single men who are total assholes?

What's the story behind this? It seems orchestrated.

So many of the "refugees" aren't even those poor hapless Syrian boat people but are from every country BUT Syria.

(And just to answer the question is rather have my daughter raised in a small Muslim village than an American fraternity any day of the week)
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby semper occultus » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:41 am

semper occultus

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:36 am

Harvey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:00 pm wrote:Maybe a "Delete Draft/Return To Forum" button next to "Save Draft" would help.

In the last few months, I have been writing more replies at RI than ever. When I wait 24 hours and put it through the (William Morris) filter:
the Draft gets binned or (more rarely) saved.

It is a really interesting quality control check.

Some of my greatest contributions to RI were by not posting, and I look forward to continuing to delete more and more Drafts. :sun:
Searcher08

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:04 pm

semper, I agree with the article.
Iamwhomiam

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Nordic » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:24 am wrote:(And just to answer the question is rather have my daughter raised in a small Muslim village than an American fraternity any day of the week)

Sure, but the question is an absurdity. It's not like a real choice that almost anyone is confronted with. It's rhetoric. None of the terms are fixed, mostly abstractions. Almost all parents will choose their "own" "culture" for "their" children, while no children will get the choice (or below a certain age could even understand it). It's easy for me to say I'd rather live here than almost anywhere outside the rich countries. I would! So what? I didn't get to choose my childhood, either.

A lot of refugees are choosing to flee war conditions for places where they think they might survive, but - spoiler alert - most of them are still of "their" culture. Whatever that means, since even in the West conservatives invoke the liberal values most often when they're skagging on all people from outside the West as a kind of zombie plague, even as many of them actually would also like to see homosexuality illegal, Christianity mandated, adulterers be stoned, etc. The biggest difference between a lot of them and Islamic fundamentalists come from growing up in societies with $30,000 per capita income (even if they personally were poor) as opposed to nearer to zero and in war zones. So they talk the shit (or feel oppressed by "political correctness" to say too much) and vote for monsters who they believe will represent them, rather than (most of the time) throw the stones themselves.
Last edited by JackRiddler on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Harvey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Searcher08 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:36 pm wrote:
Harvey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:00 pm wrote:Some of my greatest contributions to RI were by not posting

:praybow

If only I had the kind of self control required! :oops:
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby American Dream » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:12 am

http://www.anarkismo.net/article/29085

Feminists in Ireland Say No To Pegida

Saturday February 13, 2016

The Neo-Nazi group Pegida is attempting to establish a branch in Ireland this Saturday in Dublin. Pegida, the "anti-Islamifacation" group that is attempting to hijack anti-establishment politics by placing the blame of the current global capitalist crisis on the shoulders of refugees and migrants: those with no systemic or economic power in our society.

Pegida Ireland is trying to mask their vitriolic racism as concern against rape amongst other things. This feminist group says stuff your concern.

After the New Year's Eve attacks in Cologne the term "Rapefugees" exploded even though it was already in use beforehand due to the Islamophobic and racist idea that all Muslim women are victims in need of a white knight in shining armour. Racists are now parading a faux concern of violence against women as an attempt to justify their unjustifiable racism.

The attacks in Cologne were deplorable to say the least. We must be clear on this; just because the perpetrators of violence against women belong to a vulnerable group does not mean that we absolve them of their crimes. Any man who is abusive and/or physically violent to a woman is deserving of the finest treatment the likes of the Gulabi Gang has to offer.

We must reinforce this message alongside the message that violence against women can never be an excuse for racism. The Cologne Attacks does not automatically make all refugees rapists. When white men rape mass condemnation such as what we have seen here is virtually non-existent.

If the Cologne Attacks had been perpetrated by white men this contrived concern of violence against women would not be seen. If white men had been responsible for this we would have - at best - been met with a wall of silence by these fascists. At worst we would have been treated to the finest examples of rape culture; the occurrence of every individual attack would have been questioned, outright denial would be flashing across our internet feeds as well as insistence that the victims "should not have been dressed" in whatever way they were dressed, or "should not have been drinking" or any other way that a victim can be blamed for something that they did not cause.

These people do not actually care about rape, violence against women or feminism. In fact, these people have web pages dedicated to exposing them as rapists, pedophiles and members of pedophilia rings. Tommy Robinson, co-founder of the fascist English Defence League and the man responsible for darkening Ireland's doorstep with Pegida was himself arrested for attacking an off-duty cop, who happened to be a neighbour, when the cop intervened in a domestic issue. It’s not clear what the domestic issue was but I doubt it was a heated debate on the best ways to advance feminism.

This is not a case of "you cannot come here for fear that you will rape women", on the contrary, it is a case of "if anyone is going to rape our women it will be us". Being a refugee, otherwise known as someone fleeing a desperate situation, does not make you a rapist by default and going by the webpages to be found when googling "EDL rapist" (or anything similar) it could be easily thought that most fascists are rapists.

A strong feminist presence is needed on Saturday to make sure that these fascists know, in no uncertain terms, that they do not act in our interests. They spout the same ideology that led to 115 recorded attacks against Muslim women the week after the Paris Attacks in the UK alone. The UK charity, Tell Mama, a helpline for Muslims who receive physical or verbal abuse recorded these attacks as a 300% rise.

Most of those who were attacked were women and girls aged between 14 to 45 and most of the attacks were at the hands of white males between the ages of 15 and 35 whose names are probably to be found on the membership list of the EDL or Pegida. They have no concern for ending violence against women.

Most of those who were attacked were recorded by the charity as being in traditional Islamic dress. Should a woman wish to dress in accordance with her faith she should be able to do so without fear of attack. No matter what women wear we never deserve abuse - physical or verbal - and we should target those who target women for wearing the hijab, burqa or any other Islamic dress.

Feminism has a shameful history of leaving women of colour behind; of ignoring how sexism and racism intersect to make life even worse for women of colour and throwing them under the bus to further a white feminist agenda. We have a duty to stand up to these fascists this Saturday.

We must send Pegida and those of a similar mindset packing, we cannot allow them a platform, or give them any opportunity to imitate the actions of their UK counterparts through attacking our sisters.

We say no to violence against women. We say no to Pegida. We say no to fascism in all of its ugly forms.
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion