Remains of About 400 Bodies Discovered at Ranch in Mexico

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Remains of About 400 Bodies Discovered at Ranch in Mexic

Postby stefano » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Luther Blissett » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:00 pm wrote:Roberto Bolaño always seemed to imply that there is some mystical nature to the missing and dead. That the reader can "never understand" what the deaths mean.

It is hard to understand, or maybe hard to believe, for most people. But a lot of these dead people's deaths served the same occult purpose as the deaths of all those girls in Ciudad Juarez, and Marc Dutroux's victims in Belgium, and hundreds of missing Canadian kids, and the little girls who vanish in Gabon around election season. There are circles in the criminal mighty whose members kill in formalised ways overlaid with sexual and religious dynamics, to establish their membership of those circles, and to set them apart from the rest of humanity. These murders serve to reinforce their perceptions (most often inculcated from an early age) that they are different and superior in a profound way. I don't think the occult level is hard to understand: death pays for life. The fact that most cultures have rituals associated with hunting and slaughter and eating meat shows that. But we - most of us - shy away from really understanding that there are men out there who regularly procure murder victims and then kill them by candlelight to put themselves in a mental state where they can make more money.
stefano

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Remains of About 400 Bodies Discovered at Ranch in Mexic

Postby brekin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:08 pm

backtoiam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:46 am wrote:
justdrew » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:33 am wrote:What actually would be the NEED for drug cartels to be killing so many people? Are many of these ransom attempts? Do a lot of ransoms get paid? Seems like a lot of deaths, surely most of these missing are dead, I don't really get what the motive is supposed to be. Did even half these people have a chance to "cross" a cartel? Seems hard to believe. So why would they be doing it?

Could it be these are actually political assassinations?

Me and you are thinking along similar lines sorta....i don't really know either, but I am also having a hard time wondering how many of these civilian? bodies keep piling up? something a little a weird about these numbers but I don't know what yet....

Yes, it seems like it is too convenient. Wouldn't the cartels, like other organized crime syndicates, seek to establish some type of detente so they would be able to prosper? I can understand wanting to be the big fish, but after a certain point, it is just bad business to be killing everyone all the time and disrupting and remaking the market and distribution structure.

I mean everyone seems to believe the drug trade is not going away (even Hilary admitted as much) so why the continued violence and mass disappearances? Seems like they are serving another structure/agenda. I mean you basically have large well financed mercenary killing forces that will kill and intimidate anyone for a price. It is almost starting to look like a shadow Pinochet having a private army financed by the drug trade to implement all kinds of other projects.

Say, wouldn't it be crazy if the Narco War was really just a cover to continue a version of The Dirty War?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_War_%28Mexico%29
The Dirty War (Spanish: Guerra Sucia) refers to the Mexican theater of the Cold War, an internal conflict between the Mexican PRI-ruled government and left-wing student and guerrilla groups in the 1960s and 1970s under the presidencies of Luis Echeverría and José López Portillo.[1][2] The war was characterized by a backlash against the active student movement of the late 1960s which terminated in the Tlatelolco massacre at a 1968 student rally in Mexico City,[3] in which 30 to 300 (official report, non-governmental sources claim thousands) students were killed, and by the Corpus Christi massacre, a massacre of student demonstrators in Mexico City on June 10, 1971.[1] During the war, government forces carried out disappearances, estimated at 1,200,[4] systematic torture, and "probable extralegal executions".[3]

I mean all this talk of student/teacher kidnappings sounds like the Tlatelolco massacre and the more recent Iguala mass kidnapping of teacher trainees who were kidnapped by the police and then handed over to narcos (they were actually go to a rally to remember the Tlatelolco massacre).

2014 Iguala mass kidnapping
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Igua ... kidnapping

2014 Iguala mass kidnapping describes 43 male students from the Ayotzinapa Rural Teachers' College who went missing in Iguala, Guerrero, Mexico on September 26, 2014.

According to official reports, the students commandeered several buses to arrive to the City of Mexico to commemorate the anniversary of the 1968 Tlatelolco Massacre. During the journey, local police intercepted them and a confrontation ensued. Details of what happened during and after the clash remain unclear, but the official investigation concluded that once the students were in custody, they were handed over to the local Guerreros Unidos ("United Warriors") crime syndicate and presumably killed. Mexican authorities claimed Iguala's mayor, José Luis Abarca Velázquez (es), and his wife María de los Ángeles Pineda Villa, masterminded the abduction.

However there are also reports linking Federal forces to the case, some stating that military personnel in the area deliberately omitted helping the students in distress,[1][2] others state a direct involvement of the Mexican army in the kidnapping and murder of the students.[3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12]

Both Abarca and Pineda Villa fled after the incident, but were arrested about a month later in Mexico City. Iguala's police chief, Felipe Flores Velásquez, remains a fugitive. The events caused social unrest in parts of Guerrero and led to attacks on government buildings, and the resignation of the Governor of Guerrero, Ángel Aguirre Rivero, in the face of statewide protests. The mass kidnapping of the students arguably became the biggest political and public security scandal Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto had faced during his administration. It led to nationwide protests, particularly in the state of Guerrero and Mexico City, and international condemnation.

I can't remember the documentary or the drug dealer, but he was the one who started out as a school teacher. I think it was this one, La Tuta:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servando_ ... t%C3%ADnez

But in the doc a town basically takes law into their own hands and arms themselves and runs the narcos out. They also take over a lemon orchard which the narcos had been controlling and went into business. So, guess who rolls in and disarms and shoots a few of the townsfolk who cleaned up their town? That's right, the Mexican Federal Police.

Yes, here it is:

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion