Remains of About 400 Bodies Discovered at Ranch in Mexico

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby backtoiam » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:29 pm

I always wonder how much of this drug cartel news to actually believe, and how much maybe planted for reasons I don't understand. If this is true it is a sad indicator of how far humanity is fallen that this problem is this bad....in a supposedly "civilized" society.

but then again....if mainstream news covered these atrocities on a regular basis people might wonder (errr...i doubt it) how all this is facilitated, who is behind it, where does the money go, who is covering who elses asses, etc....can't have that...and besides people might ask why all these cia planes keep hitting the ground crashed full of dope...because they were over loaded... :eeyaa

And we have more important things to discuss such as "what is everybody doing with their genitals today?, and what can we call you without offending you!"

News > Latin America

Published 10 February 2016

Thousands of body parts were found at a ranch where authorities believe people kidnapped by a cartel were taken to be burned and buried.

Mexican authorities from the southwestern state of Veracruz discovered thousands of human remains they believe belong to up to 400 people who were forcibly disappeared in the past few years, Veracruzan officials confirmed Wednesday.

“The forensic scientists have been working for three days at the El Limon ranch in order to pick up the remains and process them as they were being discovered,” a government source told Mexican news outlet Animal Politico.

RELATED: 13 More Forcibly Disappeared in Guerrero

Two of the bodies found at the ranch have been identified as belonging to the two students who were disappeared Jan. 11 by police, according to official sources.

Animal Politico, however, said the ranch was being used by an organized crime group, which they believe is working for the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, an offshoot of the Sinaloa Cartel of world infamous drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman.

REPORT: UN Says 6,000 Children and Teens Disappeared in Mexico

The police sources who spoke with Animal Politico said they arrived at the ranch due to various citizen complaints, who among other things, told police that huge amounts of dirt and sand had been removed from inside the property.

“The police teams arrived to El Limon with dogs trained in locating human remains and once they detected the key areas where body fragments were, forensic experts began their work,” the news outlet added.

However, forensic scientists are facing problems with the blood, human parts and bones that are being found because the vast majority are in an advanced state of decomposition.

The Veracruzan state attorney general and federal authorities participating in the investigations have said they believe the victims were taken to the ranch and there their bodies were incinerated, crushed and then buried.

On Tuesday, the Ministry of the Interior's head of human rights, Roberto Campa, confirmed that the ranch was used for mass disappearances.

Authorities already know who one of the owners of the ranch is, but have refused to publicly identify him, saying it would hinder the ongoing investigations.

“The name has not been revealed, but authorities said that one person purchased the ranch about three years ago and that the person lives in Veracruz, although in a different area,” Animal Politico said. “The owner is not from Tierra Blanca.”

On Jan. 11, five students from the community of Tierra Blanca, Veracruz, were abducted by municipal police officers. Only two of them have been found dead among the remains in the El Limon ranch.

The Veracruzan attorney general has issued warrants for the location and detention of the alleged owner of the ranch. He will be asked whether he knew of the illegal activities taking place on his property.

One line of investigation, according to Animal Politico, is that the ranch was being used by a gang working for the Jalisco New Generation Cartel and that the local leader of this cartel, Francisco Navarrete, was the true owner of the property. Navarrete was arrested Jan. 24.

But Navarrete's detention is plagued with irregularities, according to his relatives, who told Mexican daily Reforma that authorities “lied.”

Navarrete is from Tierra Blanca and according to his family he is an engineer who was working for the governor of Veracruz, Javier Duarte.

The family showed photos and videos to Reforma proving that Navarrete was not detained where nor how authorities later claimed.

“To begin with, he and his son were not armed and they were detained in a routine police roadblock,” the relatives told Reforma, adding that since he had some kind of conflict with Duarte, the government decided to accuse him of the disappearance of the five students and of being the head of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel in Tierra Blanca.

The El Limon ranch is about 40 miles away from where the five students were arrested by state police, which means they could have been taken to the property within an hour and 15 minutes.

When the ranch was first raided by police last week, two stolen vehicles were found as well as tools and equipment used for the illegal extraction of fuel. Also found was a workshop used to make hidden compartments in vehicles which had clear signs that people were being held there.

The zone where the ranch is located used to be controlled by Los Zetas, but as of 2013 the CJNG took over and has since increased their presence across the whole region.

WATCH: Central American Mothers Search for Disappeared Children in Mexico

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/R ... -0027.html
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Remains of About 400 Bodies Discovered at Ranch in Mexic

Postby backtoiam » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Here is another very sensational article. I have seen a couple of documentaries in my life about a couple of countries that let inmates keep weapons and make no attempt to take them away from them because it is too dangerous to try. The grenades sound a little far fetched but i'm sure they could be smuggled in for 'special events' possibly.

The PTB has fucked Mexico up. no wonder they travel across the land and risk dying to get to the U.S.

Looks like they have the same plans for parts of Europe and maybe the U.S. If so fun times ahead...

War Between Drug Cartels Leaves over 50 Dead in Mexican Prison
Published 11 February 2016 (2 hours 44 minutes ago)

Comments
Comments

We Recommend
Despite police quickly intervening, dozens died after a bloody riot and fire in the early hours of the morning.

A battle between the Los Zetas drug gang and the Gulf Cartel at a prison left 52 people dead in the northeastern Mexican city of Monterrey, authorities said Thursday, days ahead of a planned visit by Pope Francis to another jail in Mexico's far north. Officials also said there were at least 12 injured, five of whom are reported to be in critical condition.

The war broke out when leaders of the two cartels, Los Zetas and the Gulf Cartel, decided to take over control of the whole prison, a problem all jails in Mexico have since inmates are allowed to be armed with weapons, including assault rifles and grenades, and engage in the sale of drugs in complicity with government and penitentiary officials.

A fire broke out after the clashes erupted in the Topo Chico jail in Monterrey in Nuevo Leon state, according to the local government via a Twitter post.

The incident is one of the worst in a series of deadly riots in recent years to rock the country’s overpopulated prisons, which in the case of Topo Chico is over 21 percent of the recommended inmate population.

Nuevo Leon officials also said that a further 12 had been wounded with five of those in a critical condition.

De las primeras indagatorias se puede confirmar el fallecimiento de 52 personas y la existencia de 12 heridos, 5 de ellos de gravedad. — Prensa Nuevo León (@comunicacionNL) February 11, 2016

"Preliminary investigations confirm the death of 52 people and 12 wounded, five of them seriously"

Witnesses who gathered outside the prison said they heard gunshots, saw smoke billowing from the complex and inmates with burns.

Local media reported that prisoners and guards were among the casualties, and that one of four buildings in the prison had been set alight by inmates burning furniture and trash.

The Nuevo Leon state government also confirmed via Twitter that police forces brought the situation under control quickly after fighting began but gave no information on what prompted the clashes.

People stand outside Topo Chico Prison while waiting for news on their jailed family members in Monterrey, Mexico, Feb. 11, 2016. | Photo: Reuters

Television images also showed relatives of inmates shaking prison gates and tossing rocks at guards and police on the other side.

"I want to know that my daughter is OK. She is in the infirmary. There are children in there," one woman said outside the prison as some relatives vented their anger at police forces who patrolled the area outside.

En relación a los hechos ocurridos en el Penal del Topo Chico se informa que la situación está bajo control desde las 1:30 horas. — Prensa Nuevo León (@comunicacionNL) February 11, 2016

"In relation to the events at the Topo Chico prison, the situation (is) under control."

The riot is the latest of a number of deadly clashes in one of Mexico's prisons which are often overcrowded and house inmates who are part of rival drug factions.

In 2013, at least 13 people were killed and 65 injured in a prison riot, in gang-related violence in the central Mexican state of San Luis Potosi.

In 2012, at least 44 inmates died in a Nuevo Leon prison when members of the notorious Zetas drug cartel plotted with prison guards in an elaborate escape.

Pope Francis is to begin his first visit to Mexico as pontiff Friday. During his trip he will visit a prison in the U.S. border city of Ciudad Juarez, which was once one of the most violent cities in the world due to fighting between drug gangs and government security forces.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/W ... -0009.html
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Freitag » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:23 pm

backtoiam » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:29 pm wrote:but then again....if mainstream news covered these atrocities on a regular basis people might wonder (errr...i doubt it) how all this is facilitated, who is behind it, where does the money go, who is covering who elses asses, etc....can't have that...and besides people might ask why all these cia planes keep hitting the ground crashed full of dope...because they were over loaded... :eeyaa

The mainstream American media does cover the major drug cartel stories. Stories like El Chapo's capture, the students murdered on order of a governor's wife, etc. But you're right, of course they don't cover stories like you'll find over at Mad Cow Prod.

As for Mexican mainstream media coverage, it's quite dangerous to report on such things over there. But it's not like information is impossible to find; it's out there on the internet. For example I read Borderland Beat every day.

If you really want good information, you could always subscribe to Stratfor.
Freitag

Postby Nordic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 am

I used to go to http://www.narconews.com for these stories. Havent been there in a while tho
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby backtoiam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:24 am

that was solid gold freitag :thumbsup
backtoiam

Postby 82_28 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:32 am

I know many Mexicans that have come to America to escape just this. Just off the top of my head one is a coach at UW, another an entrepreneur and another a dentist now. Raping all the way along. Are the female immigrants raping too? Fuck we live in weird times. I want a wall though. We need a wall. :wallhead:

Fuck this shit. They've all told me stories of the fear they live under no matter where they go. Racist Americans and gangs in Mexico etc.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby justdrew » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:33 am

What actually would be the NEED for drug cartels to be killing so many people? Are many of these ransom attempts? Do a lot of ransoms get paid? Seems like a lot of deaths, surely most of these missing are dead, I don't really get what the motive is supposed to be. Did even half these people have a chance to "cross" a cartel? Seems hard to believe. So why would they be doing it?

Could it be these are actually political assassinations?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby backtoiam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:46 am

justdrew » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:33 am wrote:What actually would be the NEED for drug cartels to be killing so many people? Are many of these ransom attempts? Do a lot of ransoms get paid? Seems like a lot of deaths, surely most of these missing are dead, I don't really get what the motive is supposed to be. Did even half these people have a chance to "cross" a cartel? Seems hard to believe. So why would they be doing it?

Me and you are thinking along similar lines sorta....i don't really know either, but I am also having a hard time wondering how many of these civilian? bodies keep piling up? something a little a weird about these numbers but I don't know what yet....
backtoiam

Postby 82_28 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:46 am

I would say to a degree yes. Actually more than a degree. You guys have heard of Narcocorridos right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcocorrido
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby backtoiam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:01 am

82_28 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:46 am wrote:I would say to a degree yes. Actually more than a degree. You guys have heard of Narcocorridos right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcocorrido

Nope. Not until you flipped it to me. Interesting...But I have now. Thanx bro. I will read it...
backtoiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:09 am

I'm glad they found these bodies. DNA results will sadden many when they finally learn the fate of their missing loved one. I heard a moving interview with a reporter explaining about the murder of another reporter in the city that's home base to one of the cartels. Scary bad stuff, for real.

Kind of like it would be here if things keep getting worse. Jericho, but worse.

The numbers of missing in Mexico are shocking you might think and they are indeed, but here in the ol' US of A we have 800,000 missing children per year, according to a 2013 dated source. Around 200K missing adults per annum.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Nordic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:02 pm

I had to research the murder of Colosio, in Mexico (he was sort of a RFK-like figure and his assassination was eerily similar to RFK's) and yes, the corruption at all levels in Mexico is like what we have here, only to several degrees worse. Imagine if the Bush clan and their cronies ran this country with far more blatant power than they have now, and for far longer. (The Bush family are/were very close to the Salinas family FWIW).

There's really no distinction there between "the drug trade" and politics. They are one in the same. So are these murders political? Yes of course.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:00 pm

justdrew » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:33 am wrote:What actually would be the NEED for drug cartels to be killing so many people? Are many of these ransom attempts? Do a lot of ransoms get paid? Seems like a lot of deaths, surely most of these missing are dead, I don't really get what the motive is supposed to be. Did even half these people have a chance to "cross" a cartel? Seems hard to believe. So why would they be doing it?

Roberto Bolaño always seemed to imply that there is some mystical nature to the missing and dead. That the reader can "never understand" what the deaths mean.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Seems clear to me that it is vital to remember the missing and dead, and with powerful enough levels of censorship and intimidation the are not only never understood but never known of at all.

Some powerful forms of samizdat will become necessary in coming decades.
tapitsbo

Postby 82_28 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:09 pm

No they are not known or remembered unless you actively get to know them as the humans they are. My friend Temo's (Cuauhtémoc) dad toiled in the fields of Fresno and became very sick. He was in his 50s. I believe it was due to pesticide use. But they are never remembered. Him and I had some plan to open an Internet cafe in Acapulco. Obviously didn't happen. But man was Temo fascinated with my computer. He knew no English but we taught each other our languages once he got his own computer. So I know a bit of Spanish. He knows way more English in ratio.

But he is a rapist.
82_28

Next

Return to General Discussion