Hillary Clinton is Seriously Dangerous

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hillary Clinton is Seriously Dangerous

Postby The Consul » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Jerky » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:41 pm wrote:McCruikshank wrote: "A friend of mine, a very intelligent and well-informed American woman of around my age, was telling me recently (in a state of rare glumness) that she thought people's actual ability to think had been seriously damaged over the last couple of decades - mainly by TV, but also by the Web (especially since it became mobile and ubiquitous) and by the Spectacle as a whole. Actual cognitive damage. Actual inability to pay attention to anything except what the Spectacle instructs them to pay attention to. (And no, she did not except herself from this. And no, she is certainly not the only one to have noticed this and to be seriously worried about it. Whole books have been written about this phenomenon.) "

What you don't seem to understand, Mc, is that many of us on the other side of this argument are wondering whether or not the very same circumstances could be used to explain the lack of comprehension being exhibited by you (and others like you) re: the value of any evidence presented by a repeatedly proven criminal fraud, and in particular the "evidence" that he claims to be showing you in that video.

Jerky

Think by don't damaged brain I internet my is...much very
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:58 pm

Update: the world is entirely bad.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:12 pm

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:Robert, fwiw, you're one of the posters here whose posts I nearly always read (when I see them), nearly always agree with (in all essentials), and whom I actually like and respect. Fwiw.

FWIW, I like and respect you too, MacCruiskeen. I always try to read what you post, particularly when some deep state "terror" event has occurred, you always dig deep to try to uncover the truth. I appreciate your tenacity and insight. And I appreciate you engaging me in an intelligent manner on a variety of subjects.

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:But what you just posted there is beneath you.It's just nonsense. I really think America is going insane.

You might be right about it being beneath me. Sometimes when I try to employ my wit, I get a bit sophomoric in my smart-assedness. And I agree with you that America is going insane. But I don't think what I wrote is nonsense.

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:A friend of mine, a very intelligent and well-informed American woman of around my age, was telling me recently (in a state of rare glumness) that she thought people's actual ability to think had been seriously damaged over the last couple of decades - mainly by TV, but also by the Web (especially since it became mobile and ubiquitous) and by the Spectacle as a whole. Actual cognitive damage. Actual inability to pay attention to anything except what the Spectacle instructs them to pay attention to. (And no, she did not except herself from this. And no, she is certainly not the only one to have noticed this and to be seriously worried about it. Whole books have been written about this phenomenon.)

I concur with your friend. I would expand that beyond America and say that it includes the entirety of Western Civilization - basically anywhere where TV and the internet and the tentacles of the Military-Industrial-Intelligence-Media Complex reaches - and that it is most likely not accidental. I certainly don't exempt myself from this predicament. I certainly don't exempt you either, or anyone else here. We have our good moments, but we're only human.

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:Here's the only line in your post that is worth responding to:

I would never watch any of his fraudulent shit,

So you too have not watched it. That is worth knowing.

I think you're leaving out an even more important line that I wrote right before that:

Seriously, beyond ideology, O'Keefe is a proven fraud.

It goes to why I would never watch it. If someone who has a proven history of making fraudulent videos keeps making videos, why the hell should I give them the time of day just because they've set the internet ablaze piggybacking on an event (the election) that nobody can look away from? Goes to the Charlie Brown football analogy. Also goes to your American friend's theory, if you think about it.

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:You go on:

I would never watch any of his fraudulent shit, especially when snopes is around to do it. To quote them:

"Project Veritas' October 2016 election-related sting videos (embedded above) reveal tidbits of selectively and (likely deceptively edited) footage absent of any context in which to evaluate them. Unless his organization releases the footage in full, undertaking a fair assessment of their veracity is all but impossible."

Emphasis added. They are blowing smoke out of their ass.

Snopes is a handy resource, but it has to be handled with care, and it is anything but a depository of guaranteed truth. If you doubt this, check them out on the topic of 9/11, just for instance.

I've got no beef with you on that point regarding snopes and 9/11. But in that link I provided, snopes points out where time after time after time, O'Keefe has used fraudulent methods to make his videos. After documenting this sordid history, I wouldn't characterize their guess that this video was likely deceptively edited as "blowing smoke out of their ass", I would say it's a case of "fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me."

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:There is no point in arguing about this with you or with anyone unless & until you actually watch the video. Do or don't, as you wish. But I will tell you (and Snopes) this: One undeniable truth about that video is that there is a counter running in the top left-hand-corner of the frame throughout. Those "tidbits" (sic) are no mere 5-second snippets but often a minute or more of unbroken conversation. The fact that so many people are so desperate to ignore what Foval and his cronies said and did -- and to have everyone else ignore it too -- is not just depressing but deeply symptomatic. "Bury it! Bury it!"

Since you haven't watched it, here (fwiw) is what I got from the first twenty minutes of O'Keefe's video

MacCruiskeen » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:07 pm wrote:Progress report:

In the first video, Foval brags about how he hires (i.e., bribes) homeless and mentally ill people to turn up and disrupt Trump rallies. The goal is to provoke fights and get them on camera, and then feed those videos to the media. He managed to get a seriously-ill 69-year-old woman punched by somebody at a Trump rally. Mission Accomplished.

In the first few minutes of the second video, Foval's describing how to bus voters in from other states, yet avoid being charged with conspiracy.

It's October 20th, 2016, and this is Rigorous Intuition or its walking corpse. Three weeks before the end of this sinister farce of an "election", nobody even here can bear to admit anything so banal and obviously, demonstrably true as that Dem Party operatives are sometimes scumbags, and that the whole "election" process is hopelessly corrupt. They'll go apeshit if you even try to bring it to their attention. QED. They'll accuse you of wanting a rapist in the White House.

There's a lot of overheated rhetoric on both sides on RI. By both sides, I don't mean pro-Clinton vs. pro-Trump. I don't think there's a single poster here who supported Hillary during the primaries and there's only two posters I can think of here who actually support Trump. No, the sides here are those who think Trump is worse than Clinton vs. those who think Clinton is worse than Trump. That said, of course "Dem Party operatives are sometimes scumbags", of course "the whole "election" process is hopelessly corrupt." In the big picture, the USA is a cronyistic plutocratic kakistocracy that is creeping toward fascism. Hillary Clinton will keep fascism creeping while Trump will employ the Michael Ledeen dictum towards it: "Faster, please." Not much of a choice, but I prefer to delay the onset of fascism as long as possible.

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:ON EDIT: One last question, Robert: Why do you think Foval was sacked, and why do you think the other guy resigned?

I think it was for the same reason people from ACORN were fired: their sloppiness made the organization look bad. Even California's then-attorney general Jerry Brown castigated ACORN representatives for showing "terrible judgment" in the video - and that was after an investigation showing what a fraud O'Keefe was.

So I've got a question for you, MacCruiskeen: can you name one time in the past when O'Keefe hasn't used fraudulent methods to make his videos? Unless you or someone else can, then I stand by my assertion that O'Keefe has the credibility equivalence of Sorcha Faal.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Robert, you're such a gracious person. :thumbsup
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:53 pm

coffin_dodger » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:38 pm wrote:Robert, you're such a gracious person. :thumbsup

Thanks, coffin_dodger! But to be fair, I think Mac was even more gracious with me, considering my propensity for using sarcasm. Hats off to you both!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:50 pm

Forget Donald Trump's proposed giant wall, SLAD's endless wall of text is enough to keep anyone out. ;)

That said, to Jerky and SLAD, our two lone Hillary defenders...I will concede this point:
Hillary I thought did her best performance tonight. Was poised, laid out a great progressive-ish
rights case in the beginning. And unlike the "Hillary is sick" conspiracies, Trump was the one
who looked rather sickly tonight. Either that or he smoked quite a big doobie
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:54 pm

NeonLX » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:20 pm wrote:I'm not worried. Drumpf is a foil for $hillary. It's one giant shit show. It's not an "election"; $hillary will be safely installed come January 2017.

This isn't "left vs right". It's the very tip-top shitting down upon the rest of us.

We know that in our heart of hearts. We know we are being played for suckers. Again.

Soon as Daily Beast published that "Bill Clinton talked on the phone with Trump weeks before his presidential bid" article, I got the sense something was up.
Not that Donald is a conscious spoiler; but like any easily influenced stooge of FBI sting terror plots, he took the bait and ran with it. The Clintons and their handlers,
knowing full well he'd be a bull in a china shop to the GOP. (also "Pied Piper" operation mentioned in the wikileaks )
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:56 pm

8bitagent » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:50 pm wrote:Forget Donald Trump's proposed giant wall, SLAD's endless wall of text is enough to keep anyone out. ;)

That said, to Jerky and SLAD, our two lone Hillary defenders...I will concede this point:
Hillary I thought did her best performance tonight. Was poised, laid out a great progressive-ish
rights case in the beginning. And unlike the "Hillary is sick" conspiracies, Trump was the one
who looked rather sickly tonight. Either that or he smoked quite a big doobie

please link to all the defense of Hillary posts I have made

on edit

and the posts I made defending a woman's right not to be blamed for her husband/boyfriends deeds do not count
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:07 am

As loathesome as DT is, I must admit HC's Russia rhetoric has me concerned about what she plans do to when elected. Too much saber-rattling for my comfort. But it's her election to lose at this point. I think Trump has lost middle America, and the Clinton vote will be tremendous. What happens when the pro-Trump crowd cries fraud will dictate a lot, and subtle distinction has never been the strong suit of ideologues.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Best moment of the debate: When Hillary laughed when Trump said she gets tens of millions from Arab countries who execute gays

8bitagent

Postby SonicG » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:42 pm

8bitagent » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:54 am wrote:
NeonLX » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:20 pm wrote:I'm not worried. Drumpf is a foil for $hillary. It's one giant shit show. It's not an "election"; $hillary will be safely installed come January 2017.

This isn't "left vs right". It's the very tip-top shitting down upon the rest of us.

We know that in our heart of hearts. We know we are being played for suckers. Again.

Soon as Daily Beast published that "Bill Clinton talked on the phone with Trump weeks before his presidential bid" article, I got the sense something was up.
Not that Donald is a conscious spoiler; but like any easily influenced stooge of FBI sting terror plots, he took the bait and ran with it. The Clintons and their handlers,
knowing full well he'd be a bull in a china shop to the GOP. (also "Pied Piper" operation mentioned in the wikileaks )

Although, he has run in the primaries before but certainly Clinton's encouragement, seeing the weak-sauce Republican candidates, probably didn't hurt. Many also point to the Foreign Correspondents Dinner where Obama ripped on him as a point where he decided he needed to assert some imagined dominance. You can smell Trump's giant ego just fuming...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:37 pm

SonicG » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm wrote:
8bitagent » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:54 am wrote:

Although, he has run in the primaries before but certainly Clinton's encouragement, seeing the weak-sauce Republican candidates, probably didn't hurt. Many also point to the Foreign Correspondents Dinner where Obama ripped on him as a point where he decided he needed to assert some imagined dominance. You can smell Trump's giant ego just fuming...

Oh exactly. Seeing footage last night in that amazing new Adam Curtis documentary of Trump looking pissed as hell during Obama and Seth Myer's roast of him sent him fuming.

The frustrating thing is, he says *some* things I agree with. When he says state sponsors of terror give tens of millions to the Clintons, and what a hypocrite she is...I find it effective.
He said last night that Hillary takes money from countries who execute gay people. Of course, Trumps running mate Mike Pence is a nightmare toward gay rights, women rights, etc.
8bitagent

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:00 pm

OpEdNews Op Eds 10/20/2016 at 12:45:54
War or Peace? - World Beyond War . . .
By Dennis Kucinich

The most consequential statement by Secretary Clinton in last night's debate was her pronouncement that a no-fly zone over Syria could "save lives and hasten the end of the conflict," that a no-fly zone would provide "safe zones on the ground" was in "the best interests of the people on the ground in Syria" and would "help us with our fight against ISIS."

It would do none of the above. A US attempt to impose a no-fly zone in Syria would, as Secretary Clinton once cautioned a Goldman Sachs audience, "kill a lot of Syrians," and, according to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Dunford, lead to a war with Russia. If the US has not been invited into a country to establish a "no-fly zone" such an action is, in fact, an invasion, an act of war.

It is abundantly clear from our dark alliance with Saudi Arabia and our conduct in support of jihadists in Syria that our current leaders have learned nothing from Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya as we prepare to plunge head-long into the abyss of a world war.

Our international relations are built upon lies to promote regime changes, the fantasy of a unipolar world ruled by America, and a blank check for the national security state.

As others prepare for war, we must prepare for peace. We must answer the mindless call to arms with a thoughtful, soulful call to resist the coming build up for war. A new, resolute peace movement must arise, become visible and challenge those who would make war inevitable.

We must not wait until the Inauguration to begin to build a new peace movement in America.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby Harvey » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:03 pm

^Yup.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion