Re: Hillary Clinton is Seriously Dangerous

Postby coffin_dodger » Mon May 16, 2016 5:51 am

coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Harvey » Mon May 16, 2016 7:49 am

MacCruiskeen » Sat May 14, 2016 6:51 pm wrote:Image

Total 2013-2015: $21,667,000

If 'speaking engagements' at corporations have replaced brown envelopes full of cash... It would be interesting to correlate these engagements with policies of previous and future administrations and their beneficiaries. A nice graph would be useful.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon May 16, 2016 10:06 am

Has there been anything on the forum about what went down in Nevada this weekend? It almost deserves its own thread.

One thing I believe is an error in the post below is that I believe Lange seconded her own motion.

Nevada Democratic Convention: Stories of Voter Suppression
The Nevada Democratic Convention lasted for at least 16 hours on Saturday, but ended even more controversially than it began. The Convention began with a highly debated decision to change the Convention rules despite not getting the needed majority of vocal votes. But at the end of the night, when a motion was made to recount the delegates, the chair of the Convention closed out the meeting without even giving the delegates’ a chance to say “nay.” Now it’s looking like legal action will be the next step. (To see a full livestream from Saturday’s convention, see our post here.)

Here’s what you need to know.

A Motion Was Made for a Delegate Recount Late at Night, but the Chair Overruled Everything Without Waiting for Nay Votes

Several motions were put on the floor near the end of the Nevada convention, including a motion for a recount of the delegates. This motion was seconded and would have gone up for a vote, but everything was stopped short by Roberta Lange, the Nevada State Democratic Chair. It happens in the video above, right around the 4:00 mark.

Rachel Avery, who was at the Convention, told Heavy that before there was a chance for the motions to be voted on, Lange came on stage and voted herself into power to overrule the motions. “She made a motion, someone on her staff seconded it, called a vote final without hearing any nays,” Avery said.

Jason Llanes, who was also livestreaming the Convention all day, confirmed this on his video.

“She (Lange) put in a new motion of her own, had someone second it, called for yays and nays and passed it before the nays even spoke,” he reported.

The Convention is not reconvening tomorrow, it was announced. Instead, protestors will have to pursue legal avenues.

“It was politically heartbreaking to see,” one person told Llanes on his livestream feed. “This is supposed to be about … bringing us together… We didn’t get any voice… Nothing… There were a chunk of Bernie supporters who would have supported Hillary. Would have. But when you divide the room the way they did…”

The Controversies Started When a Rule Change Was Adopted in the Morning, Despite Not Having a Vocal Majority

The Convention began on a negative note when controversial temporary rules were adopted. Sanders supporters had been worried about these rules for weeks and had collected delegate signatures to seek changes to the rules. According to Jordan Chariton of The Young Turks, this rule change involved going with the delegate count from the first tier vote and ignoring the delegate count from the second tier, which Sanders had won.

A vocal vote was held to determine if these temporary rules should be adopted as permanent. The rules were voted on through a vocal “aye” or “nay,” led by Roberta Lange, the party’s chairwoman. The video above shows the voice vote, which doesn’t clearly show a majority. On Reddit, a person who was watching from a different part of the room said that the nays were almost as loud as the ayes, and it was very difficult to tell who had the majority.

If it’s not clear who gets the majority, then the convention is supposed to have a “vote of division of assembly,” reported Jason Llanes, who stayed at the convention all day, reporting live from Periscope. A division of assembly vote involves having people stand on either side of the room to indicate their vote, he said.

Lange, however, announced that the “ayes” won and that her decision could not be contested. The vote was taken at 9:30 a.m., while many delegates were still in line.

At this point, things got very heated. Sanders supporters yelled that the Convention was fixed and at least one Clinton supporter yelled “arrest them!” You can see some of the protests in the video[…]

But when the demand for a recount grew, the lights in the convention were turned off and the sound was turned up[…]

Sanders supporters booed the convention and the voice count, which they felt was not accurate. Later reports claimed that Sanders supporters had also booed Nina Turner, Ohio State Senator, but this was not true.[…]

Clinton Netted Two More Delegates at the Convention
Hillary Clinton gained two more delegates at the Nevada Democratic Convention on Saturday, where 12 delegates were up for grabs. Although Clinton won the Nevada caucus, Sanders won additional delegates at the Nevada county conventions in March. However, those wins were negated during the convention on Saturday.

Nevada’s rules on delegates can get a little confusing. The first round of voting (the first tier) takes place during the Nevada caucus itself, which Clinton won. The second round of voting takes place at the county conventions. Not enough of her delegates showed up for those, and Sanders won more delegates because of this. At the state convention, the rules were changed to award delegates based solely on round one and not round two.

Because Sanders had been allotted more delegates to attend the Nevada convention, the Las Vegas Sun reported, his supporters believed he would get the majority of the 12 delegates who were going to be chosen. But in the end, Clinton walked away with seven delegates and Sanders walked away with five. Clinton had already been apportioned 13 district-level delegates to Sanders’ 10, as a result of the Nevada caucuses. So in total, Clinton will have 20 delegates from Nevada at the Democratic National Convention and Sanders will have 15.

Sixty-Four Sanders Supporters Were Denied Delegate Status

A big point of contention during the state convention was why 64 Sanders supporters were denied delegate status (six of whom were later admitted.) Because there were 1,693 delegates and alternates counted for Clinton and 1,662 for Sanders, those extra 64 could have given Sanders the majority and netted him additional delegates.

State party representatives said the people in question were denied delegate status because their records couldn’t be located or they weren’t registered as Democrats by May 1. Eight Clinton supporters were also denied delegate status. A minority report was written about the delegates’ being left out, stating that they weren’t given a chance to demonstrate to the committee that they were registered Democrats. The report will be passed along to the Democratic National Committee, but their status won’t be revisited at the state convention itself.

Some Sanders Supporters Are Saying They Can’t Support Clinton Now and Are Protesting on Sunday Morning
The #BernieorBust movement has been strong for quite a while, with a number of Sanders supporters saying they won’t vote for Clinton if she gets the nomination, even if it means the Democrats don’t win the general election. Supporters who attended the Nevada convention or watched the progress throughout the day are saying they feel even more strongly about this now.

At one point near the end of the night, a speaker at the convention asked if Democrats were still united, and he was answered with a series of “boos” from the crowd.

A protest will be taking place tomorrow at 10 a.m. at the Democratic National Convention building. Michael N. Huff, an attorney, has announced that he is doing pro bono work for some people who encounter legal problems connected to the election.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Project Willow » Mon May 16, 2016 4:56 pm

^We need a new election fraud thread. It is rampant this year. Nevada was a sh*t show! All the young Bernie supporters are getting a first class education in how the machine operates. The second site to gather Bernie or Bust signatures has reached 70,000, last I checked. http://wontvotehillary.com/
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby NeonLX » Mon May 16, 2016 5:05 pm

I was number 73,576 on the "wontvotehillary.com" site.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Postby Project Willow » Mon May 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Project Willow

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon May 16, 2016 8:12 pm

The Nevada primary will do much damage to the Democratic Party, it being so in your face apparent, their fraud.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Nordic » Mon May 16, 2016 9:18 pm

Iamwhomiam » Mon May 16, 2016 7:12 pm wrote:The Nevada primary will do much damage to the Democratic Party, it being so in your face apparent, their fraud.

I hope it kills the party completely. It's dead to me anyway, has been since 2004. Obama was nails in the coffin. Hillary is like the arson fire destroying the coffin any everything else surrounding it.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby backtoiam » Sat May 21, 2016 6:37 pm

I actually made it all the way through this video amazingly enough. I wish I had eaten this pizza first because I sort of lost my appetite. Hillary thinks we need be attacked. What will she come up with next...

"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby zangtang » Sat May 21, 2016 8:43 pm

what did you expect ?

really, from someone who has put their 'for sale' sign on the door...........

- but no, seriously, I think its time we took our relationship with Israel.......'to the next level'......

Transparent murderous reptilian deathcunt......i wish you all th ebest.....
zangtang

Postby Karmamatterz » Sat May 21, 2016 10:36 pm

zangtang wrote:what did you expect ?

- but no, seriously, I think its time we took our relationship with Israel.......'to the next level'......

That
Karmamatterz

Postby NeonLX » Sun May 22, 2016 10:53 am

Karmamatterz » Sat May 21, 2016 9:36 pm wrote:
zangtang wrote:what did you expect ?

That

Second That

Fuck the Democrat party. If my 20-years-ago self heard me saying that, it would have been shocked and outraged. "What the hell is wrong with that future me?"
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun May 22, 2016 11:29 am

I'm not cool with "deathcunt" being in standard coinage here.

Will chalk that one up to both a fit of pique and possible cultural differences, since it's pretty common in UK orbits.

There's so much to hate Hillary for without getting the miracle of genitals involved.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 82_28 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Hillary people are lighting up the comments areas of big sites as of now (yet again). I couldn't believe the vitriol with shit that is simply untrue about the known history of Sanders. It is totally non-stop. Trump is "right" in that she is playing "the woman card" as much as it pains me to say it since I cannot stand either of them. Sanders is being railroaded. Not just in the comments sections in big network sites but just about everywhere. Uh, hey Taibbi can you get on this, stat? Or somebody. Maybe even Jeff!

This is bullshit. It's on your side now CA.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Karmamatterz » Sun May 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Well, you did put it nicely referring to the miracle of genitals.

Will this be applied to male members (genitals) of the board? :)

A quick search of the board found a lot of references to the word dickhead
search.php?keywords=Dickhead&fid%5B0%5D=8

Certainly a bit more searching could turn up all sorts of member submissions that are questionable and refer to both male and female parts. Just curious what the boundaries are and how they are applied with consistency.
Karmamatterz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion