2016/2017 = MOST RI Meta Period Since Ever

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 2016/2017 = MOST RI Meta Period Since Ever

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:11 am

...with the mass death in Syria from the recent US/Russia/Syria/ISIS/UK/France/Turkish/whomever war and the US backed Saudi war crimes in Yemen, did even Bush experience this much death in his post
9/11 horror show adventures? This has to be the most amount of mass death the world has seen since what, the genocide in the 70s of the US in Asia/Khmer Roge?

It almost feels like the world is in some sort of weird remix reflux through a rubber lens that makes no sense. Saudi Arabia has all but been outed as chiefly responsible for 9/11, but our "hero" Obama
is doing the neocon bidding of continuing to protect the Kingdom. An explosion of "phantom clowns" seems to be (legitimately?) happening in parts of America like its 1981, as John Hinckley Jr who almost killed Reagan in 1981 walks free. North Korean now pretty much is said to have ICBM minatured nuke capacity. We have the perception in the US election, unlike the boring predictable 2004-2012 election, to be between a neocon globalist war hawk and a reality tv celebrity turned far right Russian puppet who is a long time Clinton family friend. Today Mark Cuban said global markets will collapse if Trump wins, but others are saying global war will happen if Clinton wins.
We've seen the rise of the far right seem poised to take over Germany, France, Austria, UK, Greece, Hungary, and already has in a way with the Philippines..as Russia, China, and North Korea doing spectacular provocations.

Of course, according to the media. But still feels very meta
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby OP ED » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:56 pm

If you say so. I'm not buying.

Maybe you're too immersed in the media stream. The rate at which bad things are reported and how quickly they're interrupting your routine is definitely increasing.

However, hard numbers seem to suggest rather the opposite. Deaths attributed to wars of aggression are at one of the lowest per capita rates in all recorded history. Deaths in general actually. This is particularly striking given that the record heat usually creates spikes in violence. The heat may also be a primary factor in the political unrest that could easily be mistaken for the awakening of the super consciousness.

This is the largest mass death since, um, Iraq, like a couple of years ago. Before that? Um, probably Iraq/Iran which is not exactly ancient history. And yes, the Bush(es) were involved in this much death. Officially quite a bit more death actually, especially when one considers that the conflicts haven't really ended.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby 8bitagent » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:24 am

2016: The Cubs win the World Series for the first time since 1945....
and the Democrats win their first three Presidential elections in a row since 1936(with Rosevelt's term ending in 1945)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby redsock » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:56 pm

8bitagent » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:24 am wrote:2016: The Cubs win the World Series for the first time since 1945....
and the Democrats win their first three Presidential elections in a row since 1936(with Rosevelt's term ending in 1945)

Actually, the Cubs won their first National League pennant since 1945. Their last World Series title was in 1908. We'll see if they can snap that pesky 108-year drought.
redsock

Postby Project Willow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:58 pm

8bitagent » 18 May 2016 02:02 wrote:Yeah suicide is out of control across the spectrum. I wrestle with it, as I believe in a person's right to choose, but hearing of young women victims of rape in Europe legally assisted in suicide bothers me.

I believe that story and reactions to it contributed to the suicide of my friend a couple weeks ago. They (preferred pronoun) had posted it on FB, and there were numerous responses. I commented that the story upset me, as PTSD and Dissociation are treatable, and I felt the young woman's doctors had let her down. I was pretty much the only person to post this view, and my friend did not agree with me. Most of their other friends were quick to express support for the young woman's choice, and my friend suggested those who didn't agree were lacking in compassion. That comment thread has weighed heavily on me in the wake of their suicide.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:16 pm

I share your point of view here Project Willow.
Supporting a persons well being, recovery, and life is true compassion.
Supporting a persons decision to suicide their self is acceptance.
Don't be too hard on yourself. :hug1:
Burnt Hill

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Belatedly, Willow: I am sorry for your loss. And fwiw: I don't think you did the wrong thing.

Project Willow wrote:my friend suggested those who didn't agree were lacking in compassion.

Well. There is no doubt that you are not lacking in compassion. You've never shown any lack of compassion -- or tact -- in all your years on this board. On the contrary. So I cannot imagine that you were lacking in either of those qualities in that thread, especially under those circumstances.

None of us are ever obliged to agree with anyone, especially if they're asking us to approve of their suicide. You did nothing wrong.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Previous

Return to General Discussion