Orlando / Pulse Mass Shooting Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Orlando / Pulse Mass Shooting Thread

Postby km artlu » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

If memory serves, you saw this coming very early on Mac. Not only vindictiveness, but also an operational intolerance for potential future complications. How these people live with themselves is beyond my understanding.

If a defense fund emerges I'd like to know about it.
km artlu

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:40 pm

My Name Is Noor, And I'm Not Omar Mateen's Wife
http://www.newsy.com/stories/my-name-is ... en-s-wife/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:28 am

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/22/at- ... osecutors/

But today, when FBI Special Agent Fennern testified, he admitted that the FBI learned “within days” of her signing this statement that this claim was false. Using geo-location data from cell phone records as well as documentary evidence showing the couple’s whereabouts, the FBI concluded – long before Salman was arrested – that it was impossible that Salman went to Pulse with her husband on that date. Indeed, the evidence, as the Intercept documented previously, is very clear that the first time Mateen ever went to Pulse was when he attacked it, and he did so simply by searching Google for “nightclubs downtown Orlando.” And, the FBI agent testified, Salman’s cell phone records demonstrate she was never near Pulse.

Upon hearing Fennern’s testimony that this crucial part of Salman’s statement could not have been true, and that the FBI knew this very early on, Judge Byron began questioning him in front of the jury about the FBI’s discovery that this claim was false. After taking a break, and prior to the return of the jury, the judge more aggressively scolded the prosecutors: “I’ve heard many, many times the drive around Pulse nightclub had occurred,” he told them.”I think I’ve kicked the beehive,” he added. Though the judge, in response to a request from Salman’s lawyers, said he was not prepared in court to reverse his ruling denying bail, he invited them to file a written motion seeking such a reversal.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby elfismiles » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Feel like this or similar/related info was known/posted here long ago but ... "MAINSTREAM":

Noor Salman Trial
Motion reveals Pulse gunman's father was FBI informant (Video)
Omar Mateen shot, killed 49 inside Orlando nightclub in June 2016
By Mark Lehman - Reporter, Daniel Dahm - Digital Manager
Posted: 7:08 AM, March 26, 2018
Updated: 9:27 AM, March 26, 2018
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/noor- ... -informant
elfismiles

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:39 am

Wife Of Orlando Nightclub Shooter Cleared Of All Charges

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/30/598239315/wife-of-orlando-nightclub-shooter-cleared-of-all-charges?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

"Noor can go home now to her son," the spokesperson added, "resume her life and try to pick up the pieces from more than two years in jail. We really hope the best for her future, and we want people to know that she is not guilty. She is innocent. There is no question: A judge has decided."
Burnt Hill

Postby Jerky » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Aren't you glad to be so wrong?

MacCruiskeen » 18 Jan 2017 17:41 wrote:
They're gonna crush her.
Jerky

Postby Elvis » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:16 pm

More than two years in jail, and it ain't over for Noor Salman, another innocent victim of an FBI frameup.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:20 pm

...another innocent victim of an FBI frameup

Along with their son, who lost his father, and then extended time without his mother (and she w/o her child) while the Feds went on their reckless, heartless joy-ride. So, as a mother, at least, they did crush her.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:39 pm

The FBI does indeed crush people, always.
And even leaving the FBI out of the equation, this woman's life was crushed.
At least in this specific situation there is justice for her. Hopefully she can restore a loving relationship with her son and family.
Fears of this woman suffering from treatment outside the rule of law were unfounded to the point that she is a free woman.
Burnt Hill

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:15 am

The Enduring False Narrative About the PULSE Massacre Shows the Power of Media Propaganda
Politicians and activists should stop ratifying the fiction that Omar Mateen was motivated by anti-LGBT hatred. It dishonors the victims and obscures the real motive. By Glenn Greenwald
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-en ... tive-about

On June 12, 2016, Mateen spent just over three hours in PULSE from the time he began slaughtering innocent people at roughly 2:00 a.m. until he was killed by a SWAT team at roughly 5:00 a.m. During that time, he repeatedly spoke to his captives about his motive, did the same with the police with whom he was negotiating, and discussed his cause with local media which he had called from inside the club. Mateen was remarkably consistent in what he said about his motivation. Over and over, he emphasized that his attack at PULSE was in retaliation for U.S. bombing campaigns in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan. In his first call with 911 while inside PULSE, this is what he said about why he was killing people:

Because you have to tell America to stop bombing Syria and Iraq. They are killing a lot of innocent people. What am I to do here when my people are getting killed over there. … You need to stop the U.S. airstrikes. They need to stop the U.S. airstrikes, OK? . … This went down, a lot of innocent women and children are getting killed in Syria and Iraq and Afghanistan, OK? … The airstrikes need to stop and stop collaborating with Russia. OK?

In the hours he spent surrounded by the gay people he was murdering, he never once uttered a homophobic syllable, instead always emphasizing his geo-political motive. Not a single survivor reported him saying anything derogatory about LGBTs or even anything that suggested he knew he was in a gay club. All said he spoke extensively about his vengeance on behalf of ISIS against U.S. bombing of innocent Muslims.

elfismiles » 26 Mar 2018 18:11 wrote:Feel like this or similar/related info was known/posted here long ago but ... "MAINSTREAM":

Noor Salman Trial
Motion reveals Pulse gunman's father was FBI informant (Video)
Omar Mateen shot, killed 49 inside Orlando nightclub in June 2016
By Mark Lehman - Reporter, Daniel Dahm - Digital Manager
Posted: 7:08 AM, March 26, 2018
Updated: 9:27 AM, March 26, 2018
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/noor- ... -informant
elfismiles

Previous

Return to General Discussion