Stranger Things

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Stranger Things

Postby Novem5er » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:57 am

It's not official: Season 2 in 2017.

Here is the teaser straight from Netflix with some cryptic titles in it. Inspirational movies? On edit - people are saying these are the Chapter titles for next season, and there will be 9 episodes instead of 8, this time.

Novem5er

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:49 pm

It has indeed been renewed.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/31/ne ... -season-2/

Want more “Stranger Things?” Done.

The popular Netflix series, which premiered in July and turned into a small-screen blockbuster, will return in 2017 with nine new episodes, Netflix announced Wednesday.

Set in fictional Hawkins, Indiana, in 1983, the sci-fi thriller miniseries starts with the disappearance of a boy, Will, after an intense round of Dungeons & Dragons and some supernatural forces at play. Will’s mother (Winona Ryder), police and Will’s friends – aided by a girl with mysterious powers – all search for the missing middle-schooler.

The series goes pretty heavy on the 1980s nostalgia, with nods to classic horror and sci-fi movies of the era, including “A Nightmare on Elm Street” and “E.T. the Extraterrestrial.” It evokes some Stephen King vibes, too.

So what will become of “Stranger Things?” Don’t expect it to go the way of “True Detective,” “American Horror Story” and other anthology series, which start brand-new narratives each season. Co-creators Matt and Ross Duffer, twin brothers, told Entertainment Weekly the show sticks with the same storyline, picking up in the fall of 1984.

“We talked like a larger time jump where the kids are older now and it’s a different decade,” Ross Duffer told EW. “That’s something we batted around from the very beginning. But for us, there’s still more story here (in the 1980s), there’s still things that are unresolved.”

That’s not too much of a surprise; the creators said in July that they left the series open-ended and wanted to explore another season with Netflix.

“We wanted it to feel like a big movie, so we wanted to resolve that main tension of where Will went and what happened to him,” Matt Duffer said at the Television Critics Association’s July summer press tour.

This new season will include four new characters, plus Mike (Finn Wolfhard), Joyce (Ryder) and Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo) are all expected to return, EW reported. But Ross Duffer told the outlet that it’s still “up in the air” as to whether Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown), the girl with the supernatural powers, will return.

A few other details, per EW: The opening scene of season 2’s premiere doesn’t take place in Hawkins, and the creators are looking to re-create some of that James Cameron-sequel magic (think “Aliens” and “Terminator 2″).

“One of the reasons his sequels are as successful as they are is he makes them feel very different without losing what we loved about the original,” Matt Duffer told EW. “So I think we kind of looked to him and what he does and tried to capture a little bit of the magic of his work.”

In case you want to start imagining what’s next for the folks in Hawkins, here are the season 2 episode titles for inspiration:

“Madmax”
“The Boy Who Came Back to Life”
“The Pumpkin Patch”
“The Palace”
“The Storm”
“The Pollywog”
“The Secret Cabin”
“The Brain”
“The Lost Brother”
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:07 pm

"Stranger Things", indeed.

http://runesoup.com/2016/08/stranger-jacques/

Look. The show is… fine. Good even. In that it isn’t appallingly-acted and manages to mix entertainment and nostalgia in that very Steven Spielberg way it so very often references.
But it’s not exactly swinging for the fences. It’s safe and shallow the way basically every superhero film over the past decade or so has been… and you can see it is reaching the same audience that thinks it is somehow edgy or quirky by the way it is being lionised and fawned over. It is as edgy as pudding. I know that nobody but me liked the X-Files return but it was better at -to use a Chris-ism- telling tales out of school.
Stranger Things is not telling tales out of school. You know because there are a couple of really clunky scenes of dialogue explaining what MKULTRA is and the use of LSD on college students and the suggestion of testing of various shadow state hypotheses on children. All of these things happened but you can find them on wikipedia. So it is clearly well-researched, but that’s an altogether different animal to outside-school-teller.
If it has any kind of shadow state role at all, it’s a cointel one. Witness how the Department of Energy had to come out and correct the record of what they were ‘actually’ doing. (Because we are somehow confusing fiction for history or something? The lady doth protest a bit too much, yeah.) So we could be in limited hang-out land because, as with scenes in superhero films where aircraft carriers arrive in thinly-veiled-Ukraine-proxies to thunderous applause, there is an icky degree of celebrating these black projects which, taken in toto, could suggest a deliberate rearrangement in culture and sentiment. Throw in the absurd delusion that Killary is the supposed ‘disclosure’ President and we should all start to squint suspiciously.
(Let me be clear: Killary mentioning UFOs is her winking at the Deep State. Either to pull the faction of it that released her emails into line by reminding them she knows where the bodies are buried -literally in her case- or by signalling that she’ll provide fictional air cover for the roll-out of some of their toys. If Killary ever says UFOs are real it will be a lie. It will be a lie and the final shoe in Werhner von Braun’s deathbed warning will come to pass.)
Back to Stranger Things. I thought to myself, this is set in the 80s. After the Church Committee. But during Star Gate (Grill Flame at the time). And fortunately I happened to be reading Jacques Vallée’s journals covering the exact same decade whilst watching the show.
The general idea in the more balanced parts of parapolitics studies is that following the Church Committee you had a decade-long privatisation effort -hence Bush Snr moving from the CIA to Veep to President, etc- as all these toys went Deep Private… free from FOIAs and so on. Supporting that hypothesis is one of Nick Redfern’s best two books, For Nobody’s Eyes Only, which diligently shows that there really aren’t documents about Roswell and all the rest of it… there are gaps. There should not be gaps. Someone possessed the authority to remove military files from archives dozens of times.
So I’m going to read to you from Jacques diary. Here’s what was going on around him in the 80s.

September 29, 1982

Lunch with Hal [Putoff]… One of SRI’s clients, an intelligence agency, has slipped the coordinates of Pat Price’s four mountains among a test list for remote viewers. One site in Australia is well known locally for peculiar lights. The remote viewers correctly identified all four places as mountains and described underground installations. One of them said “I am surrounded with leading-edge technology… like a prehistoric man sitting in an automobile. This site has something to do with transportation.”
… Then we left the restaurant and when we were alone Hal told me about an incident that bothered him. It concerned a friend of his, a physicist with Sandia. This man married the niece of an older physicist who is said to have studied a crashed saucer in the fifties. Allegedly he analysed the propulsion system and duplicated an antigravity device. Now this man, the uncle, has been found hanged, his hands tied behind his back, his lab in shambles. The uncle was a careful man: all his plans were in a secret bank safe. In case of death, someone in the family would receive a letter with instructions to retrieve the documents. The letter did arrive but the bankers said that government men bearing official identification had opened the box and confiscated the contents.
Now Hal’s friend is panicking. His house has been burglarised several times. He was studying an alleged energy machine, “Johnson’s motor”. All his models had been taken apart by visitors who made no effort to be discreet. Neighbors have seen the men driving away.

November 24, 1983

I spent the evening at Kit’s house with his four wonderful kids. Remote viewing is finally recognized as high levels. Kit has attended a briefing by Hal and Jack Vorona for CIA Director Bill Casey, who cancelled other afternoon appointments to hear them fully. There is a second group of military trainees now, equal to our own SRI team.
In addition to directing the SRI program, Hal now consults with a group financed by entrepreneur Bill Church, pushing the limits of physics. They have a device that focuses an energy blast to punch holes in steel walls.

July 25, 1985

There was a meeting on frontier subjects in Washington recently. When Hal arrived he discovered the topic was UFOs, and the overall project was structured in multiple layers, like an onion. The meeting was classified above top secret, under a codeword. Fifteen attendees reviewed cases like Kirtland AFB, Cash-Landrum and Tehran. They included Howell McConnell and John Tyler.
Two aspects of the meeting were ironic, Hal said. First, attendees were there because they ran programs that were impacted by unidentified signals but they were not necessarily interested in the UFO phenomenon itself. Second irony: they came to the conclusion there must be a secret UFO project somewhere else! Does the government have in its custody some saucer fragments? Perhaps it does not know what to do with them, someone suggested. Perhaps American industry should be given access to the supposed hoard of alien treasures? Perhaps it already has? In the absence of any hard fact this remains wild speculation, even at such high levels of government.

July 30, 1987

Back at SRI where I worked with Gina Trask on the classification of remote viewing sites, we spread some 200 slides over light tables. Ed May confirmed that some of the operational remote viewers have described UFOs and their occupants. Satellite imagery used as a target showed real objects, but the team was never able to find a trace of them in the official files when they checked with the responsible agencies. Another group, with higher access (all of this is above top secret) was told that “the images had gone back to the place where this kind of thing is centralized.”

March 26, 1988

We spoke of FastWalkers. Joe [McMoneagle] once obtained a detailed photograph of a disk. He placed a copy in a locked safe with double combination, a classified safe under his sole control. Yet the photograph vanished. “There must be a higher level of authority that controls UFO data,” he said, “a level beyond the folks who run the satellites.”

June 28, 1998

Hal has seen a 2-inch thick file that details UFO observations by infrared satellites. “The objects arrive 3,000 miles above the earth,” he told me. “The satellites pick them up as they come near the surface and go away the same manner they came in. Their infrared signature shows a level of energy fifteen times that of an aircraft carrier. But the data is so tightly classified no one wants to talk about it.” I wonder if those are really “our” UFOs, or natural phenomena of near space, still undiscovered, or even plain energy discharges.

August 19, 1989

I do not know what to do about Revelations. The phenomenon still looms large over us, but my research increasingly points to the fact that it’s not a recent problem. It relates to the deepest levels of our consciousness: it invokes forces drawn from history, from the depth of magic, beyond human life and its slavery to the time dimension.
At the same time the secret services of major nations keep feeding the Undercurrent for their own sordid purposes, simulating close encounters, using their puppets to spread stories of live aliens in Pentagon cellars, intimidating witnesses, covering up data and experiments, and expending big efforts to create confusion: Why are they doing this? Probably to hide some strategic operations and to take our attention away from their weapons development projects.
There is a striking contradiction here. If the phenomenon lurks in the deeper recesses of consciousness where nightmares reign and leprechauns roam, why is the military so frantically interested in its implications?
Returning to the bullet pointed parapolitical rundown of the twentieth century, the 80s were when things ‘go dark’ from a public perspective as all the toys are sent Deep Private and the Cold War winds down. And I think we see that with Dr Vallée’s record. But we also see that ‘dark’ isn’t exactly ‘pitch black’.
In the conclusion to the third volume, he observes that it was in the 80s that he realised several major governments were researching and weaponising UFO microwave and frequency effects. The was while he was working with and as a remote viewer: the tightly classified nature of the remote viewing work opened my eyes to the complexities of secrecy and the machinations it entailed.
Consciousness effects. Frequency -ie waveform physics we don’t publicly credit- effects and the clandestine building of reality distorting technology… all occurring in a more crowded universe than anyone expected.

History, then, is the Strangest Thing.

Belligerent Savant

Postby tron » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:33 pm

your faces next year when eleven has long hair and always had long hair even on the vhs, and the toothless kid has teeth.......
tron

Postby brekin » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Brilliant.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Novem5er » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Hah! Thanks for that, brekin.

After staring down the possibility of WWIII and nuclear apocalypse, this brought a smile and a reminder of simpler times (i.e. this last summer) :)

IF we all survive this coming election and administration (either one), I'm looking forward to killing some brain cell with some good beer and Stranger Things season two.
Novem5er

Postby American Dream » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:26 pm

American Dream

Postby divideandconquer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:35 pm

The X-Files thrived during the Clinton years and returned to the air just as the Clinton train was about to go permanently off the rails. Longtime Clinton insider John Podesta raised the specter of the UFO question during the campaign trail and even flirted with Tom DeLonge's revived Disclosure project like it was 1999. This marked the first serious discussions the political elite have had concerning the UFO question since the last Clinton presidency. But as the end of the year approaches, Podesta is increasingly linked to even more sinister interests, least of all "spirit cooking."

Mulder and Scully's return to the FBI for one more confrontation with the deep state eerily previewed the deep state's use of the FBI for an October Surprise that sunk Hillary's presidential bid (and a prior coup in the CIA that unfolded in 2012, as shall be noted below). Pizzagate and its hints of an elite pedophile network seems positively tame in comparison to the experiments carried out on children on behalf of the deep state as depicted in "Founder's Mutation."

Stranger Things would go a step further, effectively offering up a take on the CIA/Pentagon ARTICHOKE and MKOFTEN experiments that did not fall prey to the mind control red herring. Instead, it boldly embraced the little discussed psi and nonhuman intelligence components that underlined these experiments, as was addressed here. The use of Eleven to breach the "Upside Down World" eerily hinted at Andrija Puharich's contacts with The Nine, which were almost surely carried out under the auspices of ARTICHOKE (noted before here).

Whether or not this was the intention of the series is highly debatable. On the whole, the show appears to have been based upon the standard MKULTRA fair in addition to ample doses of the highly, highly dubious Project Montauk lore. But whether intentionally or not, it went down some of the darkest avenues of the deep state where Pizzagate may only be the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe it's because I didn't watch much TV and/or movies during the 1980s but I think it's fairly obvious to anyone paying close attention that "Stranger Things" (original title Montauk) released in a very strange year, is a lot more than some nostalgic tribute to 1980s pop culture with narrative allusions to 1980s filmmakers’, sci-fi classics, etc. Especially since it takes place in 1983-- and not "1984"--right before a new reign of tyranny (total information awareness, total surveillance, an out-of-control national security apparatus) and virtual reality is leashed on the world through the incredible advancement of technology.

I'm currently watching the scene in episode four--right after we see "Papa Government" gazing at the "monster"--where, during Nancy's English class, her teacher reads from Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" with “What is evil?” written on the blackboard. He begins with the passage,
“The brown current ran swiftly out of the heart of darkness, bearing us down towards the sea with twice the speed of our upward progress; and Kurtz’s life was running swiftly, too…”
The ruling occult warmongering elite have been and are tapping into the "Upside Down" (in my opinion, the demonic realm), the "heart of darkness" which requires hardcore child abuse/torture, mind control, the sacrifice of innocence/children in order to satiate the evil blood-thirsty/flesh-eating monster who maintains and increases their global power...allows them to achieve their "full spectrum dominance".

No lives matter; everyone is disposable in the name of the collective "good"...that the established order is designed to enslave the mind and devour the soul becomes more apparent every day.
“Fortunately, some are born with spiritual immune systems that sooner or later give rejection to the illusory worldview grafted upon them from birth through social conditioning. They begin sensing that something is amiss, and start looking for answers. Inner knowledge and anomalous outer experiences show them a side of reality others are oblivious to, and so begins their journey of awakening. Each step of the journey is made by following the heart instead of following the crowd and by choosing knowledge over the veils of ignorance.”
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby brekin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:30 pm

The Stranger Things (The MK-Wonder Years) cast on whether it is ok to punch a Nazi in the face.
Also, Winona Ryder 2.0's acting response CPU breaking down.*

“We are united, in that we are all human beings, and we are all together on this horrible, painful, joyous, exciting, and mysterious ride that is being alive. Now, as we act in the continuing narrative of Stranger Things, we 1983 Midwesterners will repel bullies,” Harbour said, bringing down the house as the crowd rose for a standing ovation. “We will shelter freaks and outcasts — those who have no hope. We will get past the lies. We will hunt monsters. And when we are at a loss amidst the hypocrisy and casual violence of certain individuals and institutions, we will, as per Chief Jim Hopper, punch some people in the face when they seek to destroy the meek and the disenfranchised and the marginalized. And we will do it all with soul, with heart, and with joy. We thank you for this responsibility.

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/29/14434726/s ... tics-trump

Basically the rebooted, nostalgic version of this:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

into this:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a fist punching on a human face with soul, with heart, and with joy - forever.
Dave Harbour Gives

*I'm thinking what's going on is:

1. she's stoned/medicated
2. had cosmetic surgery around the eyes giving her eyes the "super alert" cosmetic look
3. still trying to find her abducted son.
4. her remote operator was stuck in a reboot
5. Matthew Modine is actually a MK-Ultra doctor and she is one of his patients
6. all of the above
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion