Worst conspiracy theory ever.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Worst conspiracy theory ever.

Postby 0_0 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:30 am

Brekin wrote:Do people really think there is no difference between being ruled by domestic corrupt politicians as compared to foreign corrupt politicians? One is a corruption, the other is a takeover.

Wowzers, truly the biggest insult an american patriot can think of: not just any corrupt politicians but *foreign* corrupt politicians, viz. NON-AMERICANS!! Yikes!!! Personally I think a foreign takeover of the USA would do the world a world of good - sadly I don't believe it.

:eeyaa
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:01 pm

8bitagent » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:14 am wrote:So where is the liberal/mass media outrage over Clinton and Ukraine?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-ukraine ... -election/

or the dictatorship of Kazahkstan
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/c ... mpany.html

This 1950's cold war era obsession over Russia by the left and the media reminds me of the right wing tea party obsession over
Obama's birth certificate and "Benghazi"

Odd you ask these questions 8bit, and then immediately answer them yourself.
Iamwhomiam

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Brekin wrote:Do people really think there is no difference between being ruled by domestic corrupt politicians as compared to foreign corrupt politicians? One is a corruption, the other is a takeover.

I love your posts, Brekin. But this feels like more of the popular slouch towards nationalist rhetorics. Would you say the same about Chinese FDI, for instance? IOW - at least vampiric US corporations are our vampiric corporations?

Last edited by liminalOyster on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby DrEvil » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm a little surprised that so few people seem to know that Greenwald is a libertarian (just like Snowden), it's not like he's been keeping it a secret.

I also don't see what all the fuzz is about him defending a nazi. To me that just looks like a lawyer who actually believes that everyone has a right to a fair trial and follows through on that premise.

Sure, he could have done it for the attention or some other nefarious purpose, but defending a nazi in court shouldn't in itself be something to get worked up over.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby SonicG » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:08 am

Yeah, thanks for bringing China back into the picture...Maybe they orchestrated the whole thing to cake-walk into being the next leader of the free world...free world, hmmmm...But they have to be smiling broadly about how much it is profiting from this. Not that Trump could ever muster the political strength to really take some strong action regarding whatever bad economic shit he thinks China is pulling. The Russia stuff aside, his administration was weak coming in and is only going to get weaker...They are all, much like the Russian Magnitsky lawyer, try to squeeze as much as they can our of the regular tax payer and then walk away from the rubble...Infrastructure, jobs, education, health care, the wall, even,...??
ahahahaha maga maga maga kek kek kek...ahahahaha maga maga maga kek kek kek
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby brekin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:00 pm

liminalOyster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:30 pm wrote:

I love your posts, Brekin. But this feels like more of the popular slouch towards nationalist rhetorics. Would you say the same about Chinese FDI, for instance? IOW - at least vampiric US corporations are our vampiric corporations?

Yes, I would/do. Indeed it is silly and naive to expect too much mercy from our own politicians and corporate titans. But it is delusion to expect any from foreign ones (even ones who "buy in" and ultimately become our own). Especially when many of the worker/safety/civil/environmental/legal/medical etc. rights are no where near ours (albeit currently diminishing) in many countries and the consideration for the poor governmentally, culturally and private/charity wise is weedy to non-existent. I imagine even our most rapacious pols/technocrats who exploit other countries don't want to shit where they eat here to the degree they do in other countries as it becomes harder and harder for the rich to enjoy their spoils in the societies they help create. There are "Trumps" in many countries and society wide much more unapologetically so as their system rewards such behavior often to a greater degree. Put it this way, and I am by no means favorable to Trump at all, but I would much rather be a maid in Trump Towers than a live in maid for many of the foreign CEO's and politicians/dignitaries from many other super power countries either residing in the US or in their home countries.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:12 am

It's possible for horrified people to be grasping hysterically at every straw related to Russia and the Trump presidency as a means to bring him down AND for there to be some real signal within the noise about treasonous collusion.

The American 'left' is talking (vaguely without evidence) about Russian "election hacking" with Trump, and the American 'right' is talking (vaguely without evidence) about illegal immigrant "voter fraud" with Democrats/Soros.

Again, neither is mutually exclusive. But neither The Elephant nor the Donkey is talking about the systemic manipulation of electronic voting from the inside, beginnining in the modern era with the Help America Vote Act following Florida's hanging chads in 2000 and the rule design that effectively forced every election precinct in every state to adopt machines and privately-owned, IP-protected software sold by a handful of interconnected companies.

The ability to manipulate that kind of outcome and keep it from mainstream media discussion while promoting rage against false causes is the real province of the so-called Deep State, and anyone who believes Trump is standing against it, and not with it, is deluded or deceived.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby semper occultus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:26 am

if Reagan could shrug off collusion with the Iranian ayatollahs to keep American hostages in captivity and so undermine an elected American administration then the idea that Trump is going to get done for "treason" seems a little unlikely
semper occultus

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 am

semper occultus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:26 am wrote:if Reagan could shrug off collusion with the Iranian ayatollahs to keep American hostages in captivity and so undermine an elected American administration then the idea that Trump is going to get done for "treason" seems a little unlikely

Agreed. I have little hope of it bringing him down, though it would in a just world, just as it would have Reagan. Then again, a lot of things would be different in a just world.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby minime » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Brekin misspoke,

brekin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:11 pm wrote:Do people really think there is no difference between being ruled by domestic corrupt politicians as compared to foreign corrupt politicians?
One is a corruption, the other is a takeover.
Intelligence is seeing connections and similarities, wisdom, though, is in seeing the differences.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Not wise. Not particularly intelligent.
minime

Postby SonicG » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Yes, while Reagan managed to fend off not only the October surprise (although, did that even get to hearings?) but also Iran-Contra, which of course made for some epic hearings in DC and launched Oliver North's career...But their ultimate defense was "fighting evil communism". Now, that is being oddly turned on its head and the only excuse for Trump's malfeasance was to win the election and, mostly, further enrich himself and his cronies...Nobody knows where that 18% or whatever of Rosneft went...

SonicG

Postby SonicG » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Also, Reagan didn't try to fellate any world leaders...or is he suggesting a three-way with Melania?

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07/19 ... 20-dinner/
SonicG

Postby brekin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 pm

minime wrote:Brekin misspoke,
brekin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:11 pm wrote:Do people really think there is no difference between being ruled by domestic corrupt politicians as compared to foreign corrupt politicians?
One is a corruption, the other is a takeover.
Intelligence is seeing connections and similarities, wisdom, though, is in seeing the differences.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Not wise. Not particularly intelligent.

No, no not misspoken at all.
But please, minime, enlighten us all further with how and why you disagree.
Which foreign super power do you think will best lead us?
And please expound on the benefits of overlooking differences for the sake of unity.
Share your intelligence.
And your wisdom.
Please, please teach us so we can all have the nice things.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SonicG » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 pm

WWIII averted and we get civil forfeiture back! MAGAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

https://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-ma ... e-property
It is the most vile corrupt law on the books, well, back on the books...
SonicG

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:09 am

SonicG » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 pm wrote:Also, Reagan didn't try to fellate any world leaders...or is he suggesting a three-way with Melania?

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07/19 ... 20-dinner/

Sure looks like Trump is trying to inform Putin that he's ready to accept his quarterly deposit.
Iamwhomiam

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion