What the election is all about

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

What the election is all about

Postby Elihu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:20 am

Who is going to be appointed top general or commander of our tax men/women/lgbts, army and police and we will go on obeying, paying or else

funny thing happened to me the other day on way to legally prescribed duty to help war effort, and i am accosted by an armed revenue agent. he requested my papers (no problem) and a miracle: proof of financial responsibility. Later I was like "what a silly request, how could that ever be................ ?"
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What the election is all about

Postby NeonLX » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Yeah, baby...

I've been giving a lot of consideration towards being a tax resistor. I can't in good conscience continue to feed a war machine that is killing millions upon millions of people.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Elihu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:51 pm

NeonLX wrote:Yeah, baby...

I've been giving a lot of consideration towards being a tax resistor. I can't in good conscience continue to feed a war machine that is killing millions upon millions of people.
that is a big problem
Elihu

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:51 am

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elihu » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:23 am

Elihu wrote:

that is a big problem

nuthin gets solved until this gets solved, not gay rights, not the budget, not "global" warming. nuthin
Elihu

Postby vince » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 am

Stupid Evil vs Regular Evil....
Don't know who to root for in that war.
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:40 am

I don't know anything about this organization (around since 1923), but worth checking out if you haven't already:

"The War Resisters League affirms that all war is a crime against humanity. We are determined not to support any kind of war, international or civil, and to strive nonviolently for the removal of all causes of war, including racism, sexism and all forms of exploitation." https://www.warresisters.org/

Their link specifically addresses tax resistance with the IRS (individual state consequences should also be considered; they can act more swiftly than the IRS).
https://www.warresisters.org/consequenc ... resistance
Cordelia

Postby NeonLX » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks Cordelia. I've heard of them but was too lazy to use The Google to look for them. :)
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Here's the thing about ------------ - my rule of thumb is if somebody never writes in a naturalistic conversational style, they're almost always a sock puppet. Just take it for granted that everything ---------- says is nothing more than a fairly involved trolling game, and that he's had or has a variety of other nicknames here. And while it may not be quite so simple, check out the rhythm of his presence on the board. Ask yourself why he's suddenly everywhere again. It's fake. It has to do with the banning of ------------, maybe?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Elihu » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:19 am

Cordelia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:40 am wrote:

I don't know anything about this organization (around since 1923), but worth checking out if you haven't already:

"The War Resisters League affirms that all war is a crime against humanity. We are determined not to support any kind of war, international or civil, and to strive nonviolently for the removal of all causes of war, including racism, sexism and all forms of exploitation." https://www.warresisters.org/

Their link specifically addresses tax resistance with the IRS (individual state consequences should also be considered; they can act more swiftly than the IRS).

everyone
do what you can
Elihu

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:11 pm

Elihu wrote:
Cordelia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:40 am wrote:

everyone
do what you can

With caution regarding the IRS. I worked independently for years preparing payrolls and returns for small businesses and also helping people who owed back taxes (none for the noble reason of war resistance), and other debts, regain solvency. As everyone knows, the IRS is like the Mafia, only with more power. They may not catch what's below their radar, but when they do, they're like a dog with a bone (taxpayer assets). I knew a couple who claimed they earned only enough to stay below taxable income (in order not to fund the military), but I suspect wealthy family supplemented their needs, so good for them.

(Also, if collecting Social Security, be aware what percentage can be levied for unpaid taxes.
http://finance.zacks.com/can-irs-garnis ... -6062.html)
Cordelia

Postby Nordic » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Is anyone else having trouble posting right now? This is an experiment.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:02 pm

I don't think so. Are you timing out or getting an SQL error? I get those here every once in awhile.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Nordic » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:34 pm

82_28 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:02 pm wrote:I don't think so. Are you timing out or getting an SQL error? I get those here every once in awhile.

It's fine now. One of my posts wouldnt go through no matter how I tried it. I gave up and started out and it was fine.

I'm a little paranoid because my phone has been acting pretty strange since I dove into Wikileaks last night.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Return to General Discussion