After School Satan

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

After School Satan

Postby guruilla » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:11 pm

It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: After School Satan

Postby Elihu » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:15 pm

check to see if the funding is in place and you will have your answer.
Elihu

Postby guruilla » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:20 pm

Today, The Satanic Temple [TST] (an organization I co-founded and act as spokesperson for) announced that we will be operating after school clubs in public elementary schools across the nation this school year. The announcement is certain to be met with general disbelief and confusion. One can already picture the likes of Glenn Beck sniveling in an extended, pained monologue, bewailing that we live in a declining and dissolute nation wherein Christian prayer has been all but criminalized while the doors to the schoolhouse have contrariwise been thrown open to invite Satanists in. The shocking reports of impending in-school Satanic activity is altogether too much for religious conservatives to ignore, but the reality of the how and why is entirely irreconcilable with their cherished narrative of Christian persecution and assaults upon their religious freedom to allow them to cover the story in any fashion that might even resemble honest reporting.

To be clear, the pre-existing presence of evangelical after school clubs not only established a precedent for which school districts must now accept Satanic groups, but the evangelical after school clubs have created the need for Satanic after school clubs to offer a contrasting balance to student’s extracurricular activities.

Consider a recent press release from the Liberty Counsel, a herd of evangelical litigators known, most recently, for representing anti-gay Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis and who claim to advance a mission of “religious liberty.” The press release, dated June 29, 2016, is a gloating proclamation of victory in a legal battle they fought in Cleveland to impose religious Good News Clubs upon the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD). Good News Clubs are an after school program established by an insidious organization known as the Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) whose stated mission is to “evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.” According to an analysis of Good News Club curriculum literature from 2011, the program places “a heavy emphasis on sin (~5000 mentions), obedience (>1000 mentions), punishment (~1000 mentions), and hell (>250 allusions, including 52 direct uses of the word “Hell”). Children are told, in very personal terms, that they are sinful, wicked, deceitful, and deserving of punishment, death, and an eternity of suffering in hell.” The Good News Clubs strive to train children to evangelize to other children to bring them to their religious thinking.

The CMSD, reasonably wanting to keep such a divisive proselytizing presence out of their schools “imposed facility fees which CEF could not pay, resulting in the shutdown of the Good News Club,” whereupon, the Liberty Counsel reports that they “filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of CEF, seeking equal access to CMSD’s public school facilities for CEF’s after-school, Christian character education Good News Clubs. CMSD was providing free after-school access to non-religious community groups, such as the Boy Scouts, but refused to treat CEF equally.” As a result of the Liberty Counsel’s victory, the school district must now pay “$150,000 in damages and attorney’s fees,” as well as allow the Good News Club to pollute the schools’ mental environment.

The precedent for this alarming legal finding — which flies in the face of any reasonable understanding of the principle of Church/State separation — was itself established by the Liberty Counsel on Behalf of the CEF’s Good News Clubs in a Supreme Court ruling from 2001 (Good News Club v. Milford Central School). In that ruling, the Supreme Court concluded (in a majority opinion penned by Clarence Thomas) that the exclusion of religious after school clubs in a public school where secular after school clubs are granted use of facilities constitutes “impermissible” viewpoint discrimination. Thus the school doors were opened for the CEF’s odious, mindless indoctrination gangs to assault students with anti-intellectual guilt-instilling superstitions regarding eternal damnation, thereby impressing upon children a terrified blind doctrinal obedience to an imaginary spiritual dictator.

Ruling in favor of the Good News Clubs, the Supreme Court found the argument that “children will perceive that the school is endorsing the club and will feel coercive pressure to participate” to be “unpersuasive,” and now the CEF unabashedly lures children to their literature and meetings with the use of cookies and other treats, training children to proselytize to their classmates and family.

These are the environments into which the After School Satan Clubs (ASSC) are being inserted and, in contrast to the Good News Clubs, our curriculum will focus on free inquiry, rationalism, and scientific understanding. Proselytization is not our goal, and we’re not interested in converting children to Satanism. However, we feel that our presence in schools that are burdened with the loathsome stink of the Good News Clubs serves an anti-indoctrination function, illustrating to children that opposing religious perspectives can be held by moral and responsible people who don’t live in fear of divine retribution. We think it’s a positive and strong character-developing lesson that we are happy to deliver.

While we object to the tactics and message delivered by the Good News Clubs, we are grateful to the Liberty Counsel for opening the doors of public schools to our After School Satan Clubs.

National Council for Civil Liberties was the tree from which P.I.E sprouted, so history may be repeating itself....
guruilla

Postby Cordelia » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Story in Saturday's Local section of The Washington Post.........

An After School Satan Club could be coming to your kid’s elementary school

SALEM, Mass. —It’s a hot summer night, and leaders of the Satanic Temple have gathered in the crimson­-walled living room of a Victorian manse in this city renowned for its witch trials in the 17th century. They’re watching a sepia-toned video, in which children dance around a maypole, a spider crawls across a clown’s face and eerie, ambient chanting gives way to a backward, demonic voice-over. The group chuckles with approval.

They’re here plotting to bring their wisdom to the nation’s public elementary school children. They point out that Christian evangelical groups already have infiltrated the lives of America’s children through after-school religious programming in public schools, and they appear determined to give young students a choice: Jesus or Satan.

“It’s critical that children understand that there are multiple perspectives on all issues, and that they have a choice in how they think,” said Doug Mesner, the Satanic Temple’s co-founder.

On Monday, the group plans to introduce its After School Satan Club to public elementary schools, including one in Prince George’s County, petitioning school officials to allow them to open immediately as the academic year starts. Chapter heads from New York, Boston, Utah and Arizona were in Salem on July 10 talking strategy, with others from Minneapolis, Detroit, San Jose, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and Florida participating online. The promotional video, which feels like a mash-up of a horror movie trailer and a “Saturday Night Live” sketch, will serve to promote the new club along with its website — Afterschoolsatan.com.

More.........
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed ... story.html
Cordelia

Postby 82_28 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Bring back the olden days where the kids did it all on their own and there was no so-called agenda.

Have any of you seen this? If not it's great.

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:43 pm

82_28 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:13 pm wrote:Bring back the olden days where the kids did it all on their own and there was no so-called agenda.

I agree, it is great, but: do you really see the culture depicted in Heavy Metal Parking Lot as "Satanist?"

Or more "White Working Class" ?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby guruilla » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:07 pm

I'd say the rebellion is sourced in the same social set up: a negative identity.

The difference being with Satanism, capital S, it is structured and formalized; with Judas Priest (or led Zeppelin, Aleister Crowley books, and so on) it seems spontaneous and informal. But the same ideology seems to take hold of the organism, as if via inception?

This is not to diss Judas Priest, or rebellion for that matter. Just that we have all been culture-suckered to wear pre-designed masks, whether of God or Satan.

This is even overtly stated in the ASS copy:

To be clear, the pre-existing presence of evangelical after school clubs not only established a precedent for which school districts must now accept Satanic groups, but the evangelical after school clubs have created the need for Satanic after school clubs to offer a contrasting balance to student’s extracurricular activities.
guruilla

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:20 pm

There is no credible moral calculus under which this can be seen as worse than the allowed and traditional religious indoctrination in the false "Christianity" and other mainstream cults. And of course it's not publicly funded.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby OP ED » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:08 pm

I have met that fellow Mesner, before actually. A number of years ago. We were at the same party.

I have been told that their ultimate goal in this campaign is to force all religious clubs out of schools entirely.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby 82_28 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:47 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:43 pm wrote:
82_28 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:13 pm wrote:Bring back the olden days where the kids did it all on their own and there was no so-called agenda.

I agree, it is great, but: do you really see the culture depicted in Heavy Metal Parking Lot as "Satanist?"

Or more "White Working Class" ?

Oh no, no, no. Our parents back then told us it was. That was my point.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby stefano » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:26 am

OP ED » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:08 am wrote:I have been told that their ultimate goal in this campaign is to force all religious clubs out of schools entirely.

A bit broader than that - the want to separate Church and State. They're the people who announce plans to install Baphomets where taxpayers have been made to pay for Ten Commandments monuments and so on. It's a secularist thing, they're not really Satanists (and these stunts don't follow through).
stefano

Postby divideandconquer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:15 am

stefano » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:26 am wrote:
OP ED » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:08 am wrote:I have been told that their ultimate goal in this campaign is to force all religious clubs out of schools entirely.

A bit broader than that - the want to separate Church and State. They're the people who announce plans to install Baphomets where taxpayers have been made to pay for Ten Commandments monuments and so on. It's a secularist thing, they're not really Satanists (and these stunts don't follow through).

Even if they're not really Satanists, children don't know that. It's opening a very dangerous door.

Human beings are religious by nature. We all "worship" something, whether that's God, Satan, science, money, or yourself...whatever. At least Jesus Christ is all about helping the poor, non-violence, living for others, etc. Satan, on the other hand, is about the opposite. Children who take this seriously will start to look into the religious Satan, not a good thing no matter what you think about Christianity. In other words, no matter what you think of religion or Christianity, isn't it better children try to emulate Jesus Christ, instead of Satan/Lucifer?

excerpt of the prayer,
“embrace the Luciferian impulse to eat of the Tree of Knowledge” and “reason our solutions with agnosticism in all things, holding fast only to that which is demonstrably true” before ending with an obligatory “Hail Satan.”
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby DrEvil » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:40 am

“embrace the Luciferian impulse to eat of the Tree of Knowledge” and “reason our solutions with agnosticism in all things, holding fast only to that which is demonstrably true” before ending with an obligatory “Hail Satan.”

Except for the Hail Satan bit this sounds eminently reasonable to me. It basically says "Think for yourself". Much better than the usual "Do as I say or burn for eternity" bullcrap.
Teaching kids critical thinking is a good thing, regardless of the label you put on it.
If it comes with a bit of rebellion against organized religion, all the better.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby 82_28 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:55 am

Sure, but as a kid how is one to know? I could definitely get behind something that didn't have some label. Perhaps it is meant to be ironic which is just fine, but leave the satan part out if you want to have a cogent impact as opposed to something that you know will get an expected rise out of people. It's never good to utilize the common understandings of something in order to occlude your purpose if it is indeed all about agnosticism.

I had this friend who played in a band called SATOVAN and he gave me a hoodie. I thought they sucked but it was a good thick hoodie.

Anyhow, I went up to pay for parking once and these probably African Christians behind some window and they ran away. I felt bad but I was just wearing the hoodie. But that shit scared them.
82_28

Postby DrEvil » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:36 pm

^^Honestly, if they were scared of your hoodie that's their problem, not yours. Just shows how stupid some people can get over religion. I feel sorry for them, not because they got scared, but because their beliefs are so messed up that they got scared.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Next

Return to General Discussion