Trump 2016: "I am afraid."

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Trump 2016: "I am afraid."

Postby IanEye » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:57 am

At a Monday campaign event in Columbus, Ohio, Donald Trump teed up for a potential challenge to the integrity of the fall general election, an escalation of his rhetoric about the "rigged" primary system.

"I am afraid the election's gonna be rigged, I have to be honest," Trump told the crowd.

While Trump has often questioned the integrity of the primary contests in both parties, his newest remarks seemed to begin laying groundwork for him to contest the Nov. 8 election results.

It was a line of attack that longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone pushed on a podcast with Breitbart's Milo Yiannopoulos that was posted online Friday. Stone suggested voter fraud is "widespread" and said if Hillary Clinton wins a state like Florida after polls show Trump in the lead, the election would be "illegitimate."

"If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government," Stone said. He also promised a "bloodbath" if the Democrats attempt to "steal" the election.

Voter fraud is so statistically rare as to be virtually nonexistent, data has shown.

- link

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgkVFbxUHbA

“So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” - Franklin Delano Roosevelt 1933

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXiy4D_I8g

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Trump 2016: "I am afraid."

Postby OP ED » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:32 am

Cave canem
OP ED

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:53 am

Win or lose what has been "started" will not be going away. We are stuck with it. Yes very likely he is indeed laying the groundwork as it were. In fact I think we all could guarantee not just cleanup on aisle 9 but the whole damn store.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby backtoiam » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:14 am

Anybody that is afraid of Trump does not understand the shadow. Trump, if elected, will be a continuation of the Bush, Clinton, Obama train. Considering anything else would either be hopeful or foolish. This juggernaut, for what it has been for decades, will not be interrupted, at least not yet, that is....the show will go on.......
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:48 am

backtoiam wrote:Anybody that is afraid of Trump does not understand the shadow. Trump, if elected, will be a continuation of the Bush, Clinton, Obama train

Yep

Trump wrote:"I am afraid the election's gonna be rigged, I have to be honest,"

The system has adapted to use 'conspiratorialism' as a weapon. And pretty effective it is, too - as witnessed here.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Nordic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:49 am

Well today the Washington Post had a story saying that Russia very well might hack the elections (for Trump of course) and therefore might render the elections null and void.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:21 am

Nordic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:49 am wrote:Well today the Washington Post had a story saying that Russia very well might hack the elections (for Trump of course) and therefore might render the elections null and void.

All that is conspiracy theory if labeled "American" becomes reasonable speculation as "Russian."
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:43 am

Why is electronic voting even allowed, anywhere at all? Seriously, why? The opportunities for fraud are so glaringly obvious and so easily exploited, it just astounds me that people put up with it. You might as well flush your vote down the toilet.

Black Box Voting: Ballot Tampering in the 21st Century

https://www.google.de/#q=black+box+voti ... st+century

By far the safest system yet invented (not faultless, I know, but much better than the "improvement") is: paper ballots counted by hand.

So, good on Donald Trump* for stating a plain truth.

*File under: Things I thought I would never say.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:44 am

Nordic wrote:therefore might render the elections null and void.

And there, in a nutshell - how Totalitarianism was unveiled in America

we couldn't trust the elections,there were foreign forces working to undermine our state, we don't know who to trust, we need a strong leader, yes, a strong leader who will deal with these things, who will save us, yes, save us, a strong leader
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:55 am

JackRiddler » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:21 am wrote:
Nordic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:49 am wrote:Well today the Washington Post had a story saying that Russia very well might hack the elections (for Trump of course) and therefore might render the elections null and void.

All that is conspiracy theory if labeled "American" becomes reasonable speculation as "Russian."

Yes. And note that the WP just admitted something momentous, something it might otherwise never have admitted: US Presidential Elections are hackable.

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

eye’ll be damned - here comes your ghost again

Postby IanEye » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:43 am

if you are offering me diamonds & rust
eye have already paid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNUEiOufg00

i set out running but i take my time
a friend of the devil is a friend of mine

We knew. Deep down, most of us knew.
We knew that North Carolina’s 2013 voter ID law, like similar laws across the country, was not truly about voter fraud, but voter suppression.
We knew Republicans were less interested in the integrity of elections than in building obstacles for their opponents’ supporters.
We knew. Some Republicans even admitted it. And last week, in North Carolina, they got called on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gk-RZl1IAo

don’t go mistaking paradise
for that home across the road

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Sounder » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:21 am

Voter fraud is so statistically rare as to be virtually nonexistent, data has shown.

Oh really, data has shown? Is that like that science stuff? :praybow

I suppose that still does leave room for electoral fraud.
Sounder

Postby Elihu » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:28 am

"we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"
Elihu

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:09 am

Why another one of these? The other one not enough?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:01 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Republican nominee Donald Trump is unfit to be president, President Obama says

http://www.bbc.com/news

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Next

Return to General Discussion