Things/Behaviors You Don't See Anymore

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Things/Behaviors You Don't See Anymore

Postby Gnomad » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:51 am

Oral sex sure is a lot more fun when you don't have your mouth full of hair.
Goes for both sexes.

I am not complaining. Then again, I shave my legs too (its a cyclist thing) besides other shavature.
Thou I make up for that with plenty of facial hair and a bushy moustache...

On topic - movie rental places have pretty much disappeared.

Kids playing out for hours with no adult knowing where exactly they are, except very vaguely? When I was 12, we were allowed to bike to places up to 10 km away on our own, and just had a time to get back home. All kinds of interesting places and small adventures. Not to mention that of course someone fell off a cliff now and then, or took an unintended swim in the river.

Spending hours at the library, every couple of weeks at least, reading all the interesting papers and borrowing a huge pile of books to read. Today Im happy if I get a few books read in a year.
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby NeonLX » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Handkerchiefs. I used to get them for Christmas!
Lighters with dice floating in the fluid compartment.

On edit: Waiting expectantly for cool shit. I used to order books by mail and it would take six weeks to have them delivered to my very rural abode. I'd run to the mailbox down the road everyday, hoping against hope that my book would be there. Now, everything is "overnight"--or sooner.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby yathrib » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Straight guys who wore shorts or bathing suits mid thigh or shorter
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst that justice prevail.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
yathrib

Postby norton ash » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:41 pm

yathrib » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:37 pm wrote:Straight guys who wore shorts or bathing suits mid thigh or shorter

I know some French Canadians you should meet.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Nordic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:25 am

Tube socks.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:47 am

Tube socks with rad stripes.

Those vinyl Halloween costumes.

Underoos.

Afrosheen.

Parachute pants.

Creepers. I wore 'em!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby semper occultus » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:39 am

......motorcycles with side cars....
semper occultus

Postby lucky » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:53 am

My wife, who I met in 1997 had a shaven haven plus three piercings 'down there' - I have to say smooth is better : )
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby divideandconquer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:09 am

identity » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:04 am wrote:Human females no longer having pubic/body hair will certainly make their (hairless) robot or cyborg replacements more readily acceptable to the male of the species!

Perfect Match’: A Quarter of Young People in the UK Would Date a Robot

The survey, conducted in the UK by research company ComRes and published by Nesta, found that 25% of people aged 18 to 34 participating in the questionnaire would date an android if it looked human, and was programmed to act like their “perfect match.”

"Our bodies, our identities and our senses are enhancing thanks to technology and societal shifts," Ghislaine Boddington, co-founder and creative director of East London design unit body>data>space, said, in an interview with the Mirror.

"Indeed, intimacy as we know it is expanding its boundaries — enabling us to experience love and affection beyond the physical and into the virtual."

The research was done as a promotion for the FutureFirst festival in September, a weekend-long event including interactive performances, immersive experiences, and speakers who aim to challenge perceptions of the future.

The robot-love study wasn’t the only promotional survey conducted to bring attention to the event.

A research team found that 50% of those Brits surveyed that use bank cards would agree to be implanted with microchips to use for any number of tasks, including opening doors, paying for lunch or accessing computers.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby NeonLX » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Buicks that actually looked like Buicks (Electra duece-and-a-quarter, anyone?).
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Jerky » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Yaaas on the Buicks!
Jerky

Postby 82_28 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:13 pm

I do have to say that the 80's was Buick's fanciest era.

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:56 pm

NeonLX » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:11 am wrote:Buicks that actually looked like Buicks (Electra duece-and-a-quarter, anyone?).

My Mom had a Buick Electra 225 convertible, white with blue leather interior in early 60s. It was used on several occasions in the local "Old Timer's Parade" (and picnic) that still take place on Father's Day weekend in my home town. It had a buzzer on the speedometer if one drove over speed limit. She would have a car load of young kids and deliberately speed and we would all add to the buzz. A drunk woman ran into my Dad in Santa Rosa, CA and totaled the Electra 225 in 1965.

We had a green Buick convertible that pre-dated my birth. The top was broken and the family called it the "broke car" and it sat dead in a barn longer that it still operated as "summer utility" car in my life. My parents bought it when my Dad got home from Europe in WWII.

We had two different 4 door Buicks, both red when I was a small child. One had a dent in the metal dash that my parents said was from my head hitting it but I am not sure if it was a tease or an actual event. Then my Mom got a white 1961 Buick station wagon with wide tail fins that was later traded in for the Electra 225.

After the Buick Electra 225 my parents and then Dad bought Oldsmobiles. They always had an assortment of pick ups and 1955 Willys Jeep, a 1975 CJ-5, and a 1984 CJ-5. I still have the 1955 Willys buried in a patch of wild blackberries.
PufPuf93

Postby Cordelia » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 pm

My dad drove a butterscotch colored Buick Riviera

that my brother and I nicknamed 'Bittersweet'. (It was later stolen from a parking garage.)
Cordelia

Postby Cordelia » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Remember.....

Affordable vet care for pets
Selling Girl Scouts cookies door-to-door
Large family gatherings after church services
Drinking was considered uncool
Flushing weed down the toilet during the Paraquat scare
Smoking at work
Dentists smoking while working