NASA Satellite stops on a dime!? WTF!!!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

NASA Satellite stops on a dime!? WTF!!!

Postby vanlose kid » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:52 pm

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: NASA Satellite stops on a dime!? WTF!!!

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:13 pm

Nope nope nope! This guy isn't taking into fucking account fucking inertia. What he is witnessing is space reality with a Star Wars/Star Trek mind. Which is just fine, but yeah an idiot. Perspectives are skewed due to this. Much like a squirrel will run right under your car because it cannot see something so large and traveling at such speeds.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby vanlose kid » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:47 pm

SOFIA - The Real Hubble & Chandra Telescope @ 45,000 feet

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Postby NeonLX » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Well...yeah. The satellite will be traveling at the same velocity as the rocket it was part of. Same as your body is going 60 MPH relative to the ground when its traveling inside of a car going down the highway. If the car suddenly hits something and stops, your body, if not belted in, will go flying through the windshield.

I don't get what this guy is on about.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby stefano » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Planate Veritas wrote:This fucking NASA. Everything they've ever put out since inception, it's all bullshit. If you're a Flat Earther, you know that.

Oh, this should be fun.
stefano

Postby Novem5er » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:59 pm

What should have been in the background of that video:

Novem5er

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:12 pm

I would like to hear his take on "Who Parked the Moon" though. :eeyaa
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elihu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:18 pm

it should be : i'm rethinking things instead of flat. what things? everything official.
Elihu

Postby Novem5er » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:26 pm

What really makes me mad is that this guy in the video is obviously smarter than I am. I mean, he's figured out how to record a video of his own computer screen, with a cool mouse cursor and a voice over, and then on top of it all - he uploaded it to YouTube. How?

These are all things that sound easy, but if anyone asked me how to do it right now, I'd be unable to tell them. "Umm, there's probably a program or something?"

(And I was operations manager for a small Internet company almost a decade ago - I'm feeling old and out of touch)
Novem5er

Postby Elihu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 pm

I don't get what this guy is on about.

if you watch the nasa narrated stuff (it's like c-span, on all the time and nobody watches it) i've picked up the element of mister rogers neighborhood, also a government publication. "high mike i was just floating by and noticed you are floating in your assigned location typing on a laptop here in space!

i think there is a good possibility that space is not real. i now wonder about the $526 billion dollars. is that real? was that real? who got that? how easy would it be to make movies and broadcast them world wide for that kind of money? couldn't be that simple a con could it? i mean as our youngish sheriff has indicated we are a majority of a generation to have some living memory of these broad cast events. star wars is embedded. the youngest kidz shows pimp dinosaurs and space then its ratified by government schools our parents paid to have taught to us. no wonder we would be reluctant to think about the ramifications of something like that. i will say that it seems likely to me that if a spinning interstellar globe is bull$h!t, something like admiralty law might make a lot more sense. and the situation is not just a historical event but a system and a collusion to keep it alive and going.
Elihu

Postby Novem5er » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:33 pm

While admitting that anything is technically possible, I think saying that space isn't real is stretching the possible pretty far. Oh, it'd be a great con - probably the greatest con in history - and if "space was fake" it would dramatically alter our world-view, our spiritual-view, and basically the bedrock of our reality. But is it likely?

First, it'd be a con that was a couple hundred years in the making. Galileo got this whole space thing going back in the 17th century and it's been going strong, with confirmation, ever since. It's not just history books and NASA, it'd be every scientific community across the globe for the last 300 years. That'd be some con. And for what? I think TPTB would have done equally as well selling us a Bible-based Flat Earth.

With my backyard telescope, I have personally seen the lunar seas (craters), the surface of Mars, the moons of Jupiter, and the rings of Saturn. These celestial objects aren't stationary like paint on a canvas; they move in cycles and patterns and they have phases like the moon. It's all there for anyone willing to look up.
Novem5er

Postby 82_28 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:37 am

The astronauts have to do a weekly Q&A with like students who ask questions. I watch NASA TV from time to time. Also I have seen the ISS streak by quite a few times since it has been in orbit. I always catch it by chance and then go online and find out sho nuff space station. I don't know why there is a question whether or not it is real.
82_28

Postby slimmouse » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:14 am

Novem5er wrote:First, it'd be a con that was a couple hundred years in the making. Galileo got this whole space thing going back in the 17th century and it's been going strong, with confirmation, ever since. It's not just history books and NASA, it'd be every scientific community across the globe for the last 300 years. That'd be some con. And for what? I think TPTB would have done equally as well selling us a Bible-based Flat Earth.

Given that a knowledgable mind might reasonably suggest that Ancient civilisations were mapping the precession of the equinoxes over 10,000 years ago, surely it would need to be a tad older than that?

Unless of course you took their understanding that the universe is really, simplly a reflection of ourselves, at its literal word.

Who would ever believe that to be the case anyways, let alone a metaphorical interpretation of such?
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby KUAN » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:34 am

and the great leap forward in the early part of the 20th century that enabled laying on the lawn at night. What was it, deet or micro mesh?
KUAN

Postby 82_28 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:20 am

One thing this guy doesn't get either is that being in orbit is being in a constant state of falling but with enough velocity to stay in fucking orbit. Is he not versed in the fucking gravity assist? I will concede my 50/50 feelings on manned landings on the Moon though. Maybe it was 60/40 last time I wrote some stupid comment about it. I wonder if this idiot uses GPS. Or how his satellite feeds are delivered.
82_28

Next

Return to General Discussion