Clown in the Woods - Greenville, SC

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Clown in the Woods - Greenville, SC

Postby Cordelia » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Creepy Carolina clowns raise fears over social media school 'threats'

Columbus County Sheriff's Office is investigating and even writer Stephen King has commented.

By Mary Papenfuss
September 13, 2016 04:41 BST

In the latest of a number of mysterious creepy clown encounters in the US, messages have been posted to social media apparently by a clown group threatening to "purge" schools in North Carolina.

The threats seem to be directed at a number of schools in Columbus County in the southern corner of the state.

The post from the "Clowns of Whiteville" lists eight school communities, then adds: This "is what we are purging the 14th! All people who think we are joking will find out!"

The Columbus County Sheriff's Office is investigating, reports WNCN-TV.

"These posts were directed to citizens of Columbus County. We are actively investigating the origin and validity of these posts," said sheriff's spokeswoman Michelle Tatum. "Our top priority is the safety of all Columbus County citizens."

In addition, county school district administrators vowed to "carefully monitor each student" and to be "diligent about all activity occurring on or near the school grounds."

Local law enforcement will be on campus to "help provide support to the existing school resource officers in the coming days," the statement added. "We will continue to closely monitor the situation and take necessary actions as recommended."

Continued.......
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/creepy-carolin ... ts-1580988
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Was just about to post on that Cordelia... definitely copycat effects at work here.

LaGrange Police to creepy clown: "Not Cute"
Julie Wolfe, WXIA 5:31 PM. EDT September 13, 2016
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/lagra ... /317903754
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby tapitsbo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:39 pm

King's caution that it's only woo caught my eye
tapitsbo

Postby elfismiles » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Creepy clowns put two south Alabama schools on lockdown
By Prescotte Stokes III | pstokes@al.com
on September 15, 2016 at 10:13 AM, updated September 16, 2016 at 1:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDIIot6G3mI

Several cryptic posts from the Facebook page of a group known as the 'Flomo Klowns' put two Southern Alabama schools on lock down for a while Thursday morning.

The Flomaton Police Department received information from a parent that her child had been sent threatening messages on Facebook from the group.

After confirming the threat, the Escambia County School District put Flomaton High School and Flomaton Elementary School in Atmore on lock down this morning. The lock down was lifted at 11:30 a.m.

UPDATE: No clowns arrested in Escambia County, authorities say

The Escambia County Sheriff's Office plans to release updated information later today.

Escambia County Schools Superintendent John Knott said the parent of the student contacted the Flomaton Police Department about the incident.

"It's my understanding that it's the clown character who has been making waves across the United States," said Knott. "They determined the facts and immediately contacted the school."

After speaking with local law enforcement, Knott said the Flomaton High School, which has about 400 students, and the nearly 300 students at Flomaton Elementary School, which sits in the adjacent lot to the high school, were put into lock down.

"They came in and initiated their resources to come to the school and begin the process of following our protocol procedure," said Knott.

The lock down procedure begins with the school locking all doors to classes and entrances into the building. Next, 30 Flomaton police and Escambia County Sheriff's Office deputies secured the school grounds and searched the area.

"Nobody goes out and nobody comes in as we follow through our procedure until the school is clear," said Knott.
Creepy clowns threaten a student at an Escambia County School

Earlier reports said that the clowns were sighted near the schools campus, but Knott said that report was inaccurate. The hysteria came after the group posted these two updates on their Facebook profile earlier Thursday morning that have now been deleted.
Flomo screenshot.pngA screenshot taken from the Flomo Klown Facebook page.Prescotte Stokes III/pstokes@al.com

He says the images on the Facebook page are hard to look at.

"I think it's horrible," said Knott. "We need to send a message to our students don't engage in any kind of communication with them."

Knott says the threats clowns have been making on students in recent weeks in North Carolina and Georgia are not to be taken lightly.

Alabama woman charged for fake 911 call about creepy clowns

Police have been investigating after someone started a Facebook page threatening to dress like a clown and abduct children.

"We take any threat especially a specific student seriously when it's a threat of harm," said Knott.

He wants this to serve as a message for parents and students to mindful of random people sending friend request on Facebook.

"I encourage our students do not friend these characters," said Knott. "And for parents to monitor and talk with their children about not engaging in any kind of communication with these kind of characters."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyZNUAaVCGM

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf ... ama_s.html
elfismiles

Postby 82_28 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:18 pm

I said it upthread but boy if this keeps up, cops are going to have their hands full in about a month.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Novem5er » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:05 pm

It looks like they arrested an adult in the above Flomo Klowns case, and may be arresting up to three juveniles involved. Its a sign of the times that can't find any clowns when people report them out in public, but a social media clown is caught and arrested within hours (derp!). It looks like Facebook took down the Flomo Klown page, but some people grabbed a few screen shots. I'm not usually freaked out by clowns, but this stuff is sort of getting to me . . . As 82_28 said, Halloween this year is going to be a doozey.

Novem5er

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:39 am

Guarantee none of the actual phantom Carolinas clowns are using social media...it's all hocus pocus circa 1981. Those will never be "caught", as they aren't meant to. Like their 1981 predecessors.

Tho, now Im wondering what other bizarrea Fortena Americana will come roaring back in this bizarro 2016 year, remix-reboot fashion
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby elfismiles » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:27 am

Forced perspective of a doll? :partyhat :eeyaa :clown

Creepy clown spotted in southeastern Kentucky
Posted: Sun 11:22 PM, Sep 18, 2016

LONDON, Ky. (WYMT) - The wave of creepy clown sightings across the South has apparently reached Kentucky.

A photo posted on Facebook Sunday night appears to show someone dressed in clown garb standing near the Hal Rogers Parkway in London.

Jamie Hill, who posted the photo, told WYMT, "It looked like something from a horror movie."

Hill said she did not contact police.

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Creepy ... 20051.html
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:33 am

Flomaton woman, 2 juveniles arrested for creepy clown scare in Escambia County

The Escambia County Sheriff's Office is reporting that a woman and two juveniles have been arrested in connection with the 'Flomo Klown' incident on Thursday.

In a press release statement the ECSO said that 22-year-old, Makayla Smith of Flomaton, Alabama has been arrested for making a terroristic threat.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf ... or_cr.html
elfismiles

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:36 am

8bitagent » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:39 am wrote:Guarantee none of the actual phantom Carolinas clowns are using social media...it's all hocus pocus circa 1981. Those will never be "caught", as they aren't meant to. Like their 1981 predecessors.

Tho, now Im wondering what other bizarrea Fortena Americana will come roaring back in this bizarro 2016 year, remix-reboot fashion

I agreed, they're not meant to / not able to be caught.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Nordic » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Maybe it's the season.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:33 am

"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Novem5er » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:58 am

Good find! No doubt the internet is fueling both copycats and hysteria. I remember that "Charlie Charlie" ghost/demon game all the kids were playing 2 years back, and how it spread like wildfire to schools across the nation via Youtube. My students asked me in class "Do you believe in Charlie Charlie?", to which I replied "No. I don't believe in demons (that got a gasp from the kids), but if they were real, their ancient summoning secrets wouldn't be discovered by a kid on Youtube".

It's different with these clowns, obviously, but interesting how one report can spawn dozens within weeks. Interesting that the vans are coming back into the reports. We are so nostalgic for the 1980's that we are even resurrecting their creepy criminal memes. I predict we'll next have a rise in publicized serial killer activity.
Novem5er

Postby stefano » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:13 am

Kentucky police have arrested a man dressed as a clown lurking in a wooded area amid a wave of clown reports in at least six US states.

Jonathan Martin, 20, was charged with wearing a mask in a public place and disorderly conduct in Middlesboro.

He was found at about 0100 EST (0600 GMT) on Friday in "full clown costume" and mask crouching among trees by an apartment complex, according to police.

[...]

A photo posted on Facebook on Wednesday showed a clown in Waco, Kentucky, dressed in a similar black-and-white costume.

stefano

Postby Cordelia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:36 pm

^^^^
I hope that mugshot height chart is measuring inches :wink:

Virginia: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:30 pm:

Two teens apprehended in Henrico for allegedly dressing as clowns, chasing kids

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/crim ... 04650.html meas
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion