The Mandela Effect (Disappearing Braces in Moonraker)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Mandela Effect (Disappearing Braces in Moonraker)

Postby semper occultus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:42 pm

interesting...thanks for the links, I'll check those out ( I do slightly prefer my explanation though :zomg )
semper occultus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 pm

wow weird.

I remember with certainty that this thread started ten years ago except it was called The Moonraker Effect (Disappearing Braces of Mandela). You all remember this, right?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby brekin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:49 pm

JackRiddler » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:30 pm wrote:wow weird.

I remember with certainty that this thread started ten years ago except it was called The Moonraker Effect (Disappearing Braces of Mandela). You all remember this, right?

Yes, and I laughed the first couple of times you made this joke. If I remember correctly.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:32 pm

I remember a world without this thread, and it was disturbingly identical to this one! Are we sure we can disprove that?!

What I've discovered about deja vu is that by the time you're 50 (and I figure you are as well), it's less like the fate of Paul Muad'ib (seeing everything that will happen in 3D even after he's blinded), and more like routine of the human condition.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby 82_28 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm

The Jack Palance thread?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:37 pm

82_28 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:27 pm wrote:The Jack Palance thread?

I remember there wasn't a Jack Palance, at all. Everyone knew this. And then he was dead? What the fuck is going on?

JackRiddler

Postby brekin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:46 pm

JackRiddler » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:32 pm wrote:.

I remember a world without this thread, and it was disturbingly identical to this one! Are we sure we can disprove that?!
What I've discovered about deja vu is that by the time you're 50 (and I figure you are as well), it's less like the fate of Paul Muad'ib (seeing everything that will happen in 3D even after he's blinded), and more like routine of the human condition.

Yes, I remember a world without this thread, and it was the same, but better.
I'm not yet 50, but I have aged 10 years in the last year.
From what I recall you posting six months hence is that deja vu is not an anomaly but the glimmer of the actual continuous and usual human state of knowing everything that has happened and will, but is currently being blocked by a steady diet of food additives and commercials, or "the spice" as you called it.
This spice may be necessary to preserve ones sanity, for if people knew what was coming...would anyone be able to handle it?
As some people are brought to the edge by misremembering braces on an actress in an old Bond movie, I think we know that answer.
Ergo, don't take the red pill, but take the pepsi from Kendall.
But thats not my theory, its yours. Or will be, I guess.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Doesn't anyone else remember when the Pope endorsed Donald Trump for President of the USA?

I clearly remember this. I know some Fake News outlets say it was just "fake news," but I feel it is evidence of a glitch in the Matrix.

I tried to find the story on FAX News, but the website isn't coming up for some reason.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:55 am

Yes, I believe the Pope's endorsement of Trump were his final words (and his four star review on Amazon of Art of the Deal was his final act). Not surprisingly, now they're saying he's still alive. By the way: "Fake news"1 is propagated by the Mandela Effect Mafia (not to be mistaken with the anti-Mandela Effect Mafia, who propagate ""fake news""2.
    1 but not all*
    2 "fake news" = fake news
    ""fake news"" = fake fake news
    " 'fake news' " = that which is unwittingly falsely referred to as fake news.
    ' "fake news" ' = that which is purposefully referred to as fake news.

Seriously, though: I don't recall an endorsement of any world leader by any pope. What I do recall is perhaps his expressing a need to soften the rhetoric and giving him a chance, but couched in the sense that the way of Christ requires such from all of us vs. all of us. I also think he likewise expressed concerns about his seeming intolerance.

mentalgongfu2 » Today, 03:32 wrote:Doesn't anyone else remember when the Pope endorsed Donald Trump for President of the USA?

I clearly remember this. I know some Fake News outlets say it was just "fake news," but I feel it is evidence of a glitch in the Matrix.

I tried to find the story on FAX News, but the website isn't coming up for some reason.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:31 am

Rules of memory 'beautifully' rewritten

By James Gallagher

What really happens when we make and store memories has been unravelled in a discovery that surprised even the scientists who made it.

The US and Japanese team found that the brain "doubles up" by simultaneously making two memories of events.

One is for the here-and-now and the other for a lifetime, they found.

It had been thought that all memories start as a short-term memory and are then slowly converted into a long-term one.

Experts said the findings were surprising, but also beautiful and convincing.

'Significant advance'

Two parts of the brain are heavily involved in remembering our personal experiences.

The hippocampus is the place for short-term memories while the cortex is home to long-term memories.

This idea became famous after the case of Henry Molaison in the 1950s.

His hippocampus was damaged during epilepsy surgery and he was no longer able to make new memories, but his ones from before the operation were still there.

So the prevailing idea was that memories are formed in the hippocampus and then moved to the cortex where they are "banked".

The team at the Riken-MIT Center for Neural Circuit Genetics have done something mind-bogglingly advanced to show this is not the case.

The experiments had to be performed on mice, but are thought to apply to human brains too.

They involved watching specific memories form as a cluster of connected brain cells in reaction to a shock.

Researchers then used light beamed into the brain to control the activity of individual neurons - they could literally switch memories on or off.

The results, published in the journal Science, showed that memories were formed simultaneously in the hippocampus and the cortex.

Prof Susumu Tonegawa, the director of the research centre, said: "This was surprising."

He told the BBC News website: "This is contrary to the popular hypothesis that has been held for decades.

"This is a significant advance compared to previous knowledge, it's a big shift."

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39518580
Burnt Hill

Postby elfismiles » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks BH ... was just gonna read and post that article. :sun:
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby norton ash » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:18 pm

'Dreaming' by Blondie played on the radio just now, opening line

When I met you in the restaurant

I've always thought it was 'AT the restaurant'... and realize it's because I've always had my own incorrect version that I've been singing along with... in my head (or out loud) for 35 years... So I've had it wrong... because I love that song.

Zen horse
norton ash

Postby lucky » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:03 pm

So the Natural history museum is replacing the skeleton of a diplodocus with one of a blue whale...trouble is I remember as a child there being a model of the whale there and when i first took my kids i was telling them about this amazing whale model - full size - and was stunned to see the dino and wondered when it had been changed over, apparently it never had and the whale is there for the first time. First mandela effect that im a part of ....extremely weird
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:59 pm

:shrug:

The Giant Blue Whale Model

At 94 feet long, the 21,000-pound fiberglass model of a female blue whale is a Museum treasure. Blue whales have been hunted to near extinction. Today, the Museum's blue whale serves as a reminder of our responsibility to our environment, both on land and in the sea.

This is a model of a blue whale found in 1925 off the southern tip of South America. The largest animal alive today, this mammal species is fast, traveling up to 30 miles an hour. Blue whales are also loud, their deep sounds heard 620 miles away. They maintain their weight (sometimes more than 100 tons) on a diet of small crustaceans called krill.

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permane ... hale-model

lucky » 20 Jul 2017 20:03 wrote:So the Natural history museum is replacing the skeleton of a diplodocus with one of a blue whale...trouble is I remember as a child there being a model of the whale there and when i first took my kids i was telling them about this amazing whale model - full size - and was stunned to see the dino and wondered when it had been changed over, apparently it never had and the whale is there for the first time. First mandela effect that im a part of ....extremely weird
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby lucky » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:13 am

...British natural history museum : )!
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion