US Government rules on Gender Identity

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: US Government rules on Gender Identity

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Sure gender can also be internal or a personal choice, since gender is social, cultural, ideological, conventional, and/or imagined. That's the original point of the term. How much here is solved when one restores the distinction between sex and gender made by the feminists who originally lifted the word gender from its grammatical meaning and adapted it for use as a term in feminist theory. Sex is the biology (whether you believe it is deterministic or minimalist), gender is what follows from it in society. I realize this puts me at odds with the currently loudest transgender activists, who do not want this distinction -- as well as with conservatives who don't particular want to make a distinction, since sex should be destiny (except on those occasions when we're bashing Muslims for not being as enlightened about women's rights as The West).

I sympathize with her fight against Twitter. The C-16 thing in retrospect appears shockingly exaggerated. At least, regarding the idea that people would be legally persecuted, even jailed.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Joao » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:30 am

Is there really a concern of somehow being forced to fuck trans-women? Smells strongly of redpillism. The acrimony over being called a TERF only reinforces this impression.

"Contra naturam! Pretty soon we'll all be fucking dogs."

Side note: This thread title is an absolute masterpiece. So loaded yet so succinct.
Joao

Postby Heaven Swan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:11 am

Sounder wrote:
“Perhaps I live in a dream world, but the poison may be the cure, -what else is there to wake people up to the infinite money PR galaxy generated, collective oil-lighting designed to compromise reality attribution machine. (COLDCRAM for you wonks out there).

Thereby driving people into the arms of authority because they are too damn insecure to think for themselves.”

I like your dream world Sounder—and I hope you’re right.

Unfortunately though, thanks to the totalitarian suppression tactics (trying to get them fired, violent attacks, death and rape threats, tarring them as hateful bigots) employed by trans activists against feminists many hesitate to speak out.

In case you think I’m exaggerating in calling them totalitarian, here’s the dictionary definition:

1. of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
2. exercising control over the freedom, will, or thought of others; authoritarian; autocratic.

Transactivists wouldn’t be able to get away with these, in many cases, unlawful acts, if they didn’t have the backing of a contingent of the elites and their lackeys in the press and the “system,” like university professors, staff of civic institutions (like the library directors who approved hosting the “art” display of baseball bats covered in barbed wire and bloody tee shirts with ‘I Punch TERFS’ on it)

I came to this forum because of my interest in, and deep concern about mind control. And not just MC involving torture, but also the type of influencing of society that we’re witnessing with the inculcation of ideas (like SJW views based on conformism and self-interest) and practices (medicalized body modification, suppression of homosexuality and feminism) that benefit the corporate state.

If you are one of those who bask in power, and you take a step back, as if looking down from another planet, (and the billionaire class currently lives as if on another planet), the division, infighting and lack of clear thinking and analysis around this and other issues, especially in the left, could easily induce chuckles of satisfaction and bolster feelings of omnipotence.
Last edited by Heaven Swan on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby Heaven Swan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:33 am

Joao » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:30 am wrote:Is there really a concern of somehow being forced to fuck trans-women? Smells strongly of redpillism. The acrimony over being called a TERF only reinforces this impression.

"Contra naturam! Pretty soon we'll all be fucking dogs."

Side note: This thread title is an absolute masterpiece. So loaded yet so succinct.

This is one of the problems, i.e. those not in the “gay community” are not exposed to it’s everyday issues. Some transwomen are not fixated on becoming and/or “dating” lesbians. Some are gay and many are still married to their longtime wives. Unfortunately though there is a vocal and pushy contingent that is thus fixated. For more info search “Cotton Ceiling”.
Heaven Swan

Postby Joao » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 am

Disagreement with contingents and concerns over specific issues are not unreasonable.

Yet there is often an underlying sense of wholesale trans repudiation to this thread. Terms like SJW and defensive postures against a purported ungodly cultural agenda seem very revealing in this regard.

Some of my best friends are black.
Joao

Postby Heaven Swan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:19 am

Joao » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 am wrote:Disagreement with contingents and concerns over specific issues are not unreasonable.

Yet there is often an underlying sense of wholesale trans repudiation to this thread. Terms like SJW and defensive postures against a purported ungodly cultural agenda seem very revealing in this regard.

Not ungodly but damaging to women.

As feminists we advocate for women and a huge concern, perhaps our biggest, is with the violence that men perpetrate against us. Women’s private spaces were created for a reason and opening them up to any man who declares himself a woman goes against our interests. We need and desire to be and feel safe in the world and this would be (and is since this is already happeneing) a setback. For political and healing purposes we also need to be able to meet without the presence of biological men.

I’d like to suggest, not as a challenge but in the spirit of friendly discussion, that you examine how and why you’ve been conditioned to react to buzzwords like SJW, then imply unfounded characterizations, instead of thinking things through.
Heaven Swan

Postby Joao » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:26 am

Would be less skeptical if your language wasn't so clearly intended to be divisive, not at me but with regard to the topic. Ciao.
Joao

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:12 am

Joao » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:30 am wrote:Is there really a concern of somehow being forced to fuck trans-women? Smells strongly of redpillism.

There are some youtube-famous folk (like a certain Riley person) who argue that being a lesbian who is averse to fucking a transwoman just because she has a penis constitutes prejudice and transphobia, yes; and this has been condemned as male privilege, lesbian erasure and rape culture by radical feminists and female lesbians, e.g. Magdalen Berns. (It's also bizarrely parallel to Jordan Peterson's idea that the state should forcibly distribute unmarried women among unfuckable men.) There are some bits of NGO literature that argue for abolishing terms like vagina (oh, sorry: "fronthole") because these imply women have them and men don't, and are thus prejudiced or even active oppressions against women with dicks. It's not like this is a huge thing just yet, but I do understand alarm over the absurdities, the extremist tendency, and, basically, the toxic narcissism being played out.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:24 am

Heaven Swan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:19 am wrote:that you examine how and why you’ve been conditioned to react to buzzwords like SJW, then imply unfounded characterizations, instead of thinking things through.

This is exactly the opposite. Why have you been conditioned to use a buzzword like "SJW," which is a broad and confusing attack-term that lumps together anything the alt-right targets, related or not? I don't think anyone willingly calls themselves by this term. This is a slur -- like TERF! It will always produce a reaction against you, for good reason. It will always define you as right-wing. So if you don't want that, you can use more precise terms for whomever you are actually referring to. Otherwise you are on your own extreme here and show it.

JackRiddler

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:15 pm

So GenderTrender was taken down by Wordpress after a post outing a creepy pedophile. Cuz outing creepy pedophiles who Just So Happen to be trans can now be deemed 'hate speech' I guess.

Here's the archived post: Can’t Take No For An Answer: Jonathan Yaniv files 16 Human Rights complaints against women who don’t want to wax his balls
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:44 am

JackRiddler » 18 Nov 2018 01:12 wrote:
It's also bizarrely parallel to Jordan Peterson's idea that the state should forcibly distribute unmarried women among unfuckable men.

I know this is off topic but

He what???

Really??? Are you sure that's not a mis translation or something?

I'd love to see a link to that.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Sounder » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:46 am

From Jane Clair Jones...
That identity necessarily involves relation all becomes painfully, politically obvious in how this whole thing is playing out in practice. Someone can claim that trans people have an absolute right to determine their identity, but were that actually a simple ontological truth, then we wouldn’t be in an endless, fraught spiral about pronouns and misgendering and the world’s recalcitrant refusal to offer up the correct ‘validation.’ Being what you are is not merely a matter of a feeling, or of a ‘feeling of some fundamental essence.’ It’s a matter of being recognised by other human beings as the thing that you think you are.[2] It’s a matter of social relations. And this is why we’re in this whole fucking nightmare mess. Because we have a political movement claiming, on the one hand, that this is just a matter of identity, and it doesn’t affect anyone else, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just a nasty evil bigot, while, at the same time, because identity is all about social relations, they’re throwing a ton of their political weight into trying to control people’s speech, and behaviours, to enforce the validation of those identities.
Sounder

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:13 am

(response to)

Joe Hillshoist wrote:
JackRiddler » 18 Nov 2018 01:12 wrote:
It's also bizarrely parallel to Jordan Peterson's idea that the state should forcibly distribute unmarried women among unfuckable men.

I know this is off topic but

He what???

Really??? Are you sure that's not a mis translation or something?

I'd love to see a link to that.

I don't think it's off-topic at all, to be frank. Ideas circulate around different milieux, with changes and repurposings. And of course JP got his public breakthrough by objecting to Canadian rules on gender identity (or his interpretation thereof).

I do enjoy putting things in a pointed matter. So let's see what he did say.

"Sexual redistribution," sometimes conceived more or less as I described it - the state forcing single women to marry incels - is discussed on incel and MRA boards, with varying degrees of seriousness.

Peterson got into it when a NY Times reporter asked him about it:

Recently, a young man named Alek Minassian drove through Toronto trying to kill people with his van. Ten were killed, and he has been charged with first-degree murder for their deaths, and with attempted murder for 16 people who were injured. Mr. Minassian declared himself to be part of a misogynist group whose members call themselves incels. The term is short for “involuntary celibates,” though the group has evolved into a male supremacist movement made up of people — some celibate, some not — who believe that women should be treated as sexual objects with few rights. Some believe in forced “sexual redistribution,” in which a governing body would intervene in women’s lives to force them into sexual relationships.

Violent attacks are what happens when men do not have partners, Mr. Peterson says, and society needs to work to make sure those men are married.

“He was angry at God because women were rejecting him,” Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. “The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That’s actually why monogamy emerges.”

Mr. Peterson does not pause when he says this. Enforced monogamy is, to him, simply a rational solution. Otherwise women will all only go for the most high-status men, he explains, and that couldn’t make either gender happy in the end.

“Half the men fail,” he says, meaning that they don’t procreate. “And no one cares about the men who fail.”

I laugh, because it is absurd.

“You’re laughing about them,” he says, giving me a disappointed look. “That’s because you’re female.”

But aside from interventions that would redistribute sex, Mr. Peterson is staunchly against what he calls “equality of outcomes,” or efforts to equalize society. He usually calls them pathological or evil.

He agrees that this is inconsistent. But preventing hordes of single men from violence, he believes, is necessary for the stability of society. Enforced monogamy helps neutralize that.

In situations where there is too much mate choice, “a small percentage of the guys have hyper-access to women, and so they don’t form relationships with women,” he said. “And the women hate that.”

That got some attention! We can call this a case of him musing aloud, sympathetically, as he sees the incel argument and accepts the underlying premises about men and women.

He later defended himself by saying he was using "enforced monogamy" as an anthropological term for, you know, the social norms found in many or perhaps most societies: arranged marriage in which the females are a kind of good to be conferred on single men, enforced as necessary by varying degrees of shunning, casting-out, hounding, punishing, dunking or stoning women who fail to conform.

JP's premises are that extreme constant male violence, enough apparently to threaten humanity itself, is inevitable unless the entire world, and especially the women, are deployed so as to pacify the inextinguishable violence of men, who otherwise will explode. There's nothing they or anyone can do about that. It's nature.

Am I still being too pointed? Here is what he considers his defense or apologetic. You be the judge:

JP wrote:On the New York Times and “Enforced Monogamy”

My motivated critics couldn’t contain their joyful glee this week at discovering my hypothetical support for a Handmaid’s Tale-type patriarchal social structure as (let’s say) hinted at in Nellie Bowles’ New York Times article presenting her take on my ideas.

It’s been a truism among anthropologists and biologically-oriented psychologists for decades that all human societies face two primary tasks: regulation of female reproduction (so the babies don’t die, you see) and male aggression (so that everyone doesn’t die). The social enforcement of monogamy happens to be an effective means of addressing both issues, as most societies have come to realize (pair-bonded marriages constituting, as they do, a human universal (see the list of human universals here, derived from Donald Brown’s book by that name).

Here’s something intelligent about the issue, written by antiquark2 on reddit (after the NYT piece appeared and produced its tempest in a tea pot): “Peterson is using well-established anthropological language here: “enforced monogamy” does not mean government-enforced monogamy. “Enforced monogamy” means socially-promoted, culturally-inculcated monogamy, as opposed to genetic monogamy – evolutionarily-dictated monogamy, which does exist in some species (but does not exist in humans). This distinction has been present in anthropological and scientific literature for decades.”

As antiquark2 points out, “for decades.” My critics’ abject ignorance of the relevant literature does not equate to evidence of my totalitarian or misogynist leanings. I might also add: anyone serious about decreasing violence against women (or violence in general) might think twice about dismissing the utility of monogamy (and social support for the monogamous tendency) as a means to attain that end.

Simply put: monogamous pair bonding makes men less violent. Here are some examples of the well-developed body of basic evolutionary-biological/psychological/anthropological evidence (and theory) supporting that claim.

The Competition–Violence Hypothesis: Sex, Marriage, and Male Aggression

“men who transition to a monogamous, or less competitive, mode of sexual behavior (fewer partners since last wave), reduce their risk for violence. The same results were not replicated for females. Further, results were not accounted for by marital status or other more readily accepted explanations of violence. Findings suggest that competition for sex be further examined as a potential cause of male violence.”

Here’s another paper, with a long list of relevant references:

Why Men Commit Crimes (and why they Desist)

Here’s some relevant sections of the latter paper (pp. 439-440).

[QUOTES ARE BY SCREEN SHOT SO CONTINUE HERE]
https://jordanbpeterson.com/media/on-th ... -monogamy/

JP: "I might also add: anyone serious about decreasing violence against women (or violence in general) might think twice about dismissing the utility of monogamy (and social support for the monogamous tendency) as a means to attain that end."

Or else! There is no alternative, or any alternatives will be far worse than this, etc.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 pm

FWIW the gendertrender piece in question was posted and enthusiastically commented upon on Reddit's The Donald sub. Havent read the piece in its entirety myself so not commenting on its content so much as the fact of its apparent appeal to MAGA filth one way or another.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:29 pm

liminalOyster » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:57 pm wrote:FWIW the gendertrender piece in question was posted and enthusiastically commented upon on Reddit's The Donald sub. Havent read the piece in its entirety myself so not commenting on its content so much as the fact of its apparent appeal to MAGA filth one way or another.

I did read it and if it's correct it's pretty gross.

What can one do about things that are true even though they may appeal to MAGA filth? I mean, I don't want that either. And I do think arguments by association are often valid (as when the KKK endorses Trump: it tells you the white supremacists think he is a white supremacist).

But you also see the fallacy, I'm guessing? Not wanting to make MAGA filth happy is also the argument for speaking no ill of Clinton, or of Democrats, or increasingly even of Bush, or of anti-Trump neocons, or of the MIC and the deep state, or Macron, or Trudeau, or the EU, or anti-Brexit neoliberals, etc. etc. etc., as well as for hanging Assange, demanding Snowden's head on a pike, letting the Atlantic Council censor social media, shutting down RT, etc. etc.

JackRiddler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion