Blog: View Blog (14)

Re: The Thread Thread

Postby Novem5er » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Novem5er

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby dada » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:11 pm

'thread' stuff

I see words on a sign, on the front page of a newspaper, or while looking at a discussion board, and notice my mind begin to run and jump along threads of association. I let the threads unwind.

When they stop unwinding, I cut the threads. These threads of association are leftovers from a game I used to play, like textual dreaming. This old game-playing mind was raised to be a good consumer-participant. A hungry ghost program, always craving new thought-toy distractions. It's a trained social darwinist in the marketplace of ideas.

The 'one who cuts the threads' woke up around a year ago, while I was writing one night. Cutting is its nature, though I ask it to do a lot more. It's learning how to spin its own threads on the thread-making machine, through conscious effort. It works day and night, re-training the mind. I put a lot on my thread-cutter.

Here's a portrait of my cutter. Ryu, the assistant-editor. He also plays the role of 'top secret first person perspective guy' in my stories.

uneninja.jpg

People like to say home is where the heart is. I don't know about that. They're talking about where their 'heart-strings' pull them. Sentimental attachment doesn't feel like home to me. It's too comfortable. Heavenly stasis. Home as the grave.

I love to drive, very very much. But the road isn't where my heart is, either. That's just fun, an escape. As things stand, I can't drive without gasoline, which means money. I need to have my inspection sticker. To drive, I need a whole web of threads to be in place, functioning with some stability. It's selfish, privileged indulgence. Driving in a big bubble. It's not much different than RI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Y'all make me so proud. :-)
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby vince » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:57 pm

vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Previous