The Fake Trump Clinton Kabuki Theater

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Fake Trump Clinton Kabuki Theater

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:55 am

post all you want

I have no problem with you posting

but I tell you one thing....one thing I hold dear to my soul ..... I don't take lightly to being betrayed by someone who I called a friend ..we can disagree with facts and issues....that's fine

mocking me is not want I consider to be an act of friendship....mocking is fine coming from enemies ...I expect that

I've said my peace and that's the end of it

coffin_dodger » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:44 am wrote:I don't know what to say to you, slad - I really don't. Would you prefer it if I no longer posted?

a short pm ...I'm sorry would have been all that was needed.... if that's how you felt....and if you weren't no problem keep posting it's done and over with..I've said my peace in public just like you did
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: The Fake Trump Clinton Kabuki Theater Is Exposed

Postby divideandconquer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:23 am

norton ash » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 am wrote:Trump hasn't been played. He knows he gets a network and media empire after this is all over, he'll out-FOX FOX along with all his new alt-right pals who can play to a huge and revitalized hater demographic.

Yep, that's the way I see it. He knows his role (the role of a lifetime), he thinks he knows the outcome, and up to this moment, he's lovin' every horrific minute of it. The only ones who might pull a fast one--perhaps, kill him to create some kind of martyr-- are those sneaky elite who pull his strings, and if that happens, the Clintons are probably in on it.

This election is an orchestrated train wreck and people can't look away...they're in awe. Even those who never pay attention to politics are paying attention this time, even if they can't stand either candidate; many tell me it's as if they're addicted to this travesty.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:25 am

The travesty is that it is fashionable to be a racist again in America
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Harvey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 pm

SLAD, you've presented weeks of straw man arguments or placed some very contentious positions in the mouths of people here as if they said them and then appear to be wounded when they don't play ball and accept their guilt as seen through your eyes. Forgive us for seeing differently.

Who has been mocking you? We've all been here talking shit as usual, very little directed at you.

Whatever it is you perceive you seem to insist that the perceptions of others are less real, then follow up that they have slighted you or become monstrous, homophobic misogynists by failing to demure. You're the froth on a wave, like the rest of us. Yet here we are. Bobbing along.

Here we are, less likely to be that wave you resent than most others out there, and yet we're here, being your punch bag, pulling our own punches because we understand.

How far do you want to take this SLAD? We understand. We understand. It's no shame to be beside yourself. It's not a crime to mourn the loss of a future we hoped for but did little to lose. It's not a crime to be wrong, if we are. Yet here we are. We understand.

Can you? Please?

Peace and love. :hug1:
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:54 pm

In my book the 4.75 members left here are all good. Let's just get through this. We are not alone. Nobody understands any of this. Nobody. Should be a landslide for Clinton though.

One would think. I had a Hillary person come by the door yesterday with a big button. I said not to worry I will be voting straight D. Just not at preznit.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby chump » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:42 pm

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/10/20/j ... n-clinton/
Jill Stein: On War, Trump Is Safer Than Clinton

By John V. Walsh

According to Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein, “On the issue of war and nuclear weapons, it is actually Hillary’s policies which are much scarier than Donald Trump who does not want to go to war with Russia. He wants to seek modes of working together, which is the route that we need to follow not to go into confrontation and nuclear war with Russia.”

Yet, a glance at the front page of the New York Times or the editorial page or many other pages on any day gives a sense of the different environment in which we find ourselves. Absolutely nothing but evil is to be attributed to Donald Trump.

Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein.

To do otherwise is to court risk. After all, who wants to find oneself labeled as a sexist, racist, homophobic deplorable? (“Bellicose,” “hypocritical, “lying” and “murderous” are notably missing from the litany of deplorables.) What would the neighbors say? Or the other parents at the private schools? Or the other students huddled together in the “safe spaces” in the colleges?
chump

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:46 pm

82_28 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:54 am wrote:In my book the 4.75 members left here are all good.

Now now it's more like 14.75.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby KUAN » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:19 pm

I'm about .05
KUAN

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:22 pm

I'm just on my way out to buy cigarettes. Can someone water the plants while I'm gone?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 am

I watched a recent documentary tonight, about 45 minutes, which I feel makes a compelling case toward something Ive suspected:
That Trump is essentially trolling the Republicans. That he created the most cartoonish Tea Party candidate character to nose dive and implode
the GOP from within, and hand the election to Clinton and the democrats.

also

"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby brekin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:41 pm

According to Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein, “On the issue of war and nuclear weapons, it is actually Hillary’s policies which are much scarier than Donald Trump who does not want to go to war with Russia. He wants to seek modes of working together, which is the route that we need to follow not to go into confrontation and nuclear war with Russia.”

See, this is why the Green Party scares away voters. Trump has no record as a statesman but still is able to alienate, anger and give enough international countries legislators reason to propose banning him (U.K., Mexico, Philippines, Germany) just as a presidential candidate. And those countries are our easy allies. One can only imagine the international incidents he would cause if asked to speak on real controversial and hot issues he has some control over with hostile countries.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/08/after-uk ... p-ban.html
http://news.groopspeak.com/donald-trump ... t-the-u-k/
http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg ... story.html
http://fusion.net/story/255400/ireland- ... -petition/

Yes, Hilary is a hawk. The US is a hawk country. That is a fact that is beyond dispute. That isn't going to change in the short term. The mania that Hilary is somehow Dr. Strangelove, though, is bizarre. Yes, she should be in prison for Libya, but so should Sarkhozy and Cameron. The next president may have to be (really is already) a war president. If the war heats up, it would be nice to have some allies, no?

Unless, you are dying for the action film scene when President Trump has to go to Leavenworth Prison to recruit Hilary back for Suicide Squad Dirty Dozen Expendables Ops?

Hillary the Hawk: A History
From Haiti to Syria, the Democratic candidate’s long record suggests she’s looking forward to being a war president on day one.

Whoever is elected on Nov. 8 will be a war president on day one, with the power and autonomy to undertake destabilizing shows of force, drone strikes, special operations raids and ever-deepening military interventions. Today, combat troop deployments are routinely made by executive branch spokespeople, decisions to back open-ended air wars in places like Yemen by “partners” like Saudi Arabia are announced via press release, and congressional oversight hearings largely boil down to legislators pleading with commanders to ask for more troops and looser rules of engagement.

And much of this probably suits Hillary Clinton just fine.

Unlike Donald Trump, who has wildly shifting positions and alleged “secret” plans to defeat the Islamic State, Clinton has an extensive track record upon which one can evaluate her likely positions.

By any reasonable measure, Clinton qualifies as a hawk, if a nuanced one.

By any reasonable measure, Clinton qualifies as a hawk, if a nuanced one. Though she has opposed uses of force that she believed were a bad idea, she has consistently endorsed starting new wars and expanding others.

Consider seven prominent situations in which she has had to decide whether to support the use of American military force:

Haiti: In 1994, Clinton opposed intervening in Haiti to reinstate the Jean-Bertrand Aristide government. As historian Taylor Branch recounted in his diary of interviews with Bill Clinton: “I asked him what Hillary thought. He said the pell-mell rush to invade was crazy to her. Reacting against the pressure, the lack of options, and his sense of being trapped, she said he was badly served by his foreign policy staff.” This was an astute judgment by the then-first lady, as the options developed by the U.S. Southern Command and Joint Chiefs were poorly conceived and often logistically impossible to carry out. Fortunately, a 25,000 U.S. troop invasion was avoided after Jimmy Carter brokered a last-minute agreement with Raoul Cédras that assured he would step down from power.

Iraq: In 2002, as a senator for New York, Clinton voted for the authorization for the use of military force in Iraq. In her accompanying floor statement, she claimed it was to ensure President George W. Bush was “in the strongest possible position to lead our country in the United Nations or in war” and to show Saddam Hussein that the country was united. After initially defending the vote, she later adjusted, variously declaring she “thought it was a vote to put inspectors back in,” it was “based on the facts and assurances that I had at the time,” and ultimately “it was a mistake to trust Bush.” Clinton also justified the 2002 vote as simply one for compelling compliance, proclaiming, “I believe in coercive diplomacy,” in a January 2008 presidential debate. Regardless of the reasons or excuses behind her vote, the Iraq War was a foreign-policy and geopolitical disaster.

Pakistan: In 2007 and 2008, Clinton strongly disagreed with then-Sen. Barack Obama about striking al Qaeda targets inside of Pakistan. Obama called such attacks “just common sense” if there were “actionable intelligence.” Clinton referred to the 1998 cruise missile strikes in Afghanistan that failed to kill Osama bin Laden and warned that “we have to be very conscious of all the consequences,” particularly anything that would destabilize Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal. Obama would go on to authorize 407 drone strikes in Pakistan, killing 3,089 people. Nearly 300 of these occurred while Clinton was secretary of state, during which time U.S. diplomats opposed only one or two of the strikes. Whatever hesitation Clinton once had in attacking militants in Pakistan vanished upon being confirmed as secretary of state.

Afghanistan: In 2009, Clinton supported three-quarters of the Afghanistan surge. When Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, requested four brigades of additional U.S. troops in the summer of 2009, Clinton endorsed deploying three of them (equaling roughly 30,000 troops). Reportedly, “Clinton usually favored sending even more [troops] than [Secretary of Defense Robert] Gates did.” Obama eventually deployed 33,000 extra troops. It is hard to identify any enduring political or security gains in Afghanistan that have resulted from the surge. Moreover, more than three-quarters of all U.S. troop casualties in that country since 9/11 were killed or wounded in the four years after the surge was initiated.

Libya: In 2011, Clinton was a strong proponent of regime change in Libya (as was Trump). It is forgotten today that a primary justification she offered for the U.S. military role in Libya was to pay back allies for Afghanistan. As she stated in late March 2011: “We asked our allies, our NATO allies, to go into Afghanistan with us 10 years ago. They have been there, and a lot of them have been there despite the fact they were not attacked.… When it comes to Libya, we started hearing from the U.K., France, Italy, other of our NATO allies. This was in their vital national interest.” Academic research shows that great powers enjoy freedom of action to avoid becoming dragged into wars involving allies, but the Libya regime change intervention was, unfortunately, one that the Obama administration chose to fully support, despite misleading the American people at the time that it was not the goal. Obama correctly labeled not planning for the postwar scenario his “worst mistake” and correctly described Libya as a “mess.”

Osama bin Laden: In 2011, she endorsed the Navy SEAL raid into Abbottabad, Pakistan, that killed Osama bin Laden, even while recognizing that it would likely poison diplomatic relations with Pakistan for a short time. According to Vice President Joe Biden — who opposed it — every other official (including Clinton) was “51-49” in supporting the raid. Before the news broke, Obama called Bill Clinton (who, as president, signed three covert findings authorizing bin Laden’s killing) to let him know the al Qaeda leader was finally dead. “I assume Hillary’s already told you,” Obama said to an unaware Clinton. As Hillary Clinton later wrote in her memoir: “They told me not to tell anyone, so I didn’t tell anyone. Bill later joked with me, ‘No one will ever doubt you can keep a secret!’”

Syria: In 2012, she reportedly proposed to the White House — along with CIA Director David Petraeus — a covert program (apparently larger than the one later authorized) to provide arms to vetted Syrian rebel groups fighting Bashar al-Assad’s government. Obama opposed this proposal on the grounds that there could be no guarantees of where the weapons would ultimately end up and that CIA analysts determined they would not have “materially” hastened the removal of Assad from power. It is difficult to assess the CIA-led train-and-equip program’s effectiveness, compared to larger Defense Department-led efforts, but there remains no collection of U.S.-backed rebel groups that has threatened the existence of the Assad government, which is now backed by indiscriminate Russian air power.

Outside of specific interventions, Clinton also supported muscular shows of force as secretary of state.

Outside of specific interventions, Clinton also supported muscular shows of force as secretary of state. New York Times reporter Mark Landler describes a July 2010 White House debate about rerouting the USS George Washington aircraft carrier from its normal cruise into the Yellow Sea. Adm. Robert Willard, the head of U.S. Pacific Command; Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs; and Secretary of Defense Gates all agreed on this aggressive maneuver. “Clinton strongly seconded it. ‘We’ve got to run it up the gut!’ she had said to her aides a few days earlier,” Landler writes. But Obama refused the request, declaring, “I don’t call audibles with aircraft carriers.” It bears noting that determining the aggressiveness by which the United States conducts freedom of navigation operations in maritime waters claimed by China will be a consequential call for the next president.

Finally, Clinton has had an unusual exposure to the military from multiple civilian positions, which may make her far better prepared to serve as commander in chief than her husband was in 1993, when he had a notoriously difficult start leading the military. As first lady, Clinton was routinely exposed to military intervention debates among senior officials, including over Haiti, Bosnia, and Afghanistan, and later served six years on the Senate Armed Services Committee and four as secretary of state. She also has developed close relations with retired military officers like Gen. Jack Keane, who has rarely seen a country that cannot be improved with U.S. ground troops and airstrikes. As Bob Woodward wrote of a 2009 meeting between the two to discuss the Afghan surge: “Clinton greeted Keane with a bear hug, astonishing [U.S. envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard] Holbrooke because—and he should know—Hillary rarely bear-hugged anyone.”

I have spoken about Clinton with a handful of military officers, then stationed in Islamabad and Kabul, who were routinely involved in video teleconferences with her as secretary of state. They all described her as being, by far, the best-prepared senior participant in meetings and having read all the memos or briefing books that were sent as preparatory material. They relayed that Clinton has an intimate understanding of military doctrine, Pentagon acronyms, and military planning principles and was not afraid to press senior commanders to clarify the “courses of action” and the intended “end state” of any given military intervention.

Should Hillary Clinton win the White House, the United States, already at war for 15 years, would be led by a president deeply aware and comfortable with the military. It’s impossible to know which national security crises she would be forced to confront, of course. But those who vote for her should know that she will approach such crises with a long track record of being generally supportive of initiating U.S. military interventions and expanding them.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hil ... raq-syria/
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Iamwhomiam

Postby Joao » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Apparently there is no limit to the absurdity...

CNN BREAKING NEWS: AUDIO REVEALS TRUMP'S LOVE OF FIGHTING, HATRED OF LOSING

Joao

Postby stefano » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:41 am

Trump in subject line gets a bump
stefano

Previous

Return to General Discussion