Congratulations, Stupid.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Congratulations, Stupid.

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 21, 2017 5:44 pm

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby minime » Sun May 21, 2017 5:48 pm

It's the Tesla connection. Deeply esoteric. Hush-hush.
minime

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 21, 2017 6:26 pm

It's theater, like the flags and the pins and the slogans and the suits and the anthems and the swords, the guards marching and standing at attention, the assemblies and arrays, the flash-pops and salutes, the crowds both hired and jubilant, even the swinging of the billy clubs on the periphery and the earth-raising of the distant bombs. Power is a circuit, it requires the contact of performance and in this case the performance of contact. This present crew like to perform transparently, over the top, with form dominating all, preferably no pretense of content. It is a war display.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby minime » Sun May 21, 2017 7:00 pm

You are working for the chaosmongers then.
minime

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Whatever that means, and whoever you believe the chaosmakers are (since you don't define your terms) it cannot bother me what you say you think about me. You've been a mostly entertaining online account that once riffed a lot on HMW and in this thread tends to mystified statements. (Very interesting thread, how it splits. I like it.) I venture you are not working for them, as your statements here don't seem to mean anything. Or is that the idea?

JackRiddler

Postby minime » Sun May 21, 2017 7:50 pm

I'm sorry: A chaosmonger mongers chaos, like passing off made-up gibberish as original gibberish. Therefore, doubly chaotic mongering.

Chaosmongers are clever: they get others to do their work for them. without pay, while thinking they are extremely clever.

But like I say, it must be slow day.

You may not know it, but your job here is not to chronicle madness or to paraphrase it, but to navigate it.

dada is waiting.

As you were, Jack.
minime

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 21, 2017 8:55 pm

minime » Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm wrote:I'm sorry: A chaosmonger mongers chaos, like passing off made-up gibberish as original gibberish.

I object. I didn't make that up, it's more or less plagiarized from Foucault. And if you don't understand it, then your only problem, because actually it's very simple, is that you can't read very well, which is fine. Go with God.

To make sure every post has a content, here's the gibberish again:

It's theater, like the flags and the pins and the slogans and the suits and the anthems and the swords, the guards marching and standing at attention, the assemblies and arrays, the flash-pops and salutes, the crowds both hired and jubilant, even the swinging of the billy clubs on the periphery and the earth-raising of the distant bombs. Power is a circuit, it requires the contact of performance and in this case the performance of contact. This present crew like to perform transparently, over the top, with form dominating all, preferably no pretense of content. It is a war display.

JackRiddler

Postby minime » Sun May 21, 2017 9:59 pm

JackRiddler » Sun May 21, 2017 7:55 pm wrote:
minime » Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm wrote:I'm sorry: A chaosmonger mongers chaos, like passing off made-up gibberish as original gibberish.

I object. I didn't make that up, it's more or less plagiarized from Foucault. And if you don't understand it, then your only problem, because actually it's very simple, is that you can't read very well, which is fine. Go with God.

To make sure every post has a content, here's the gibberish again:

I was referring to your Trump satire: gibberish about gibberish. Don't you have anything better to do? Does anyone care what you say about what he never even said? Aren't you better than that? Don't you have anything better to do? Did I say that already?

As long as you're happy, man, and even if you're not.

Life is too short to squander so foolishly.

But that's just me.

Anyway...
minime

Postby minime » Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 pm

I'm pretty disgusted.

I'll say it again.

A fool imitating a fool being a fool.

This is worse than anything you have ever criticized in others.

At least you're in the right thread. Congratulations.
minime

Postby minime » Sun May 21, 2017 10:08 pm

You're not going to make it, are you, Jack?

Fuck it.
minime

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 21, 2017 10:20 pm

minime » Sun May 21, 2017 8:59 pm wrote:Does anyone care what you say about what he never even said?

Yes. Also, it's what he said. Maybe that's what you're having trouble with? You didn't seem very much the Trumpet, was I mistaken?

JackRiddler

Postby minime » Sun May 21, 2017 11:36 pm

JackRiddler » Sun May 21, 2017 9:20 pm wrote:
minime » Sun May 21, 2017 8:59 pm wrote:Does anyone care what you say about what he never even said?

Yes. Also, it's what he said. Maybe that's what you're having trouble with? You didn't seem very much the Trumpet, was I mistaken?

Trump is an idiot. He should be removed from office and replaced with another sociopath.

But, I don't believe those are his words. Sounds like adolescent garbage to me.

Quick Google search shows nothing under search or news.

You must have got it hot off the press.

Links?
minime

Postby minime » Mon May 22, 2017 12:03 am

No, Jack. Never mind.

It's enough that I think you're not credible, enough that I think you're suspect.

Last one out close the door.
minime

Postby barracuda » Mon May 22, 2017 12:12 am

Saudi control room copy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barracuda

Postby dada » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 am

BenDhyan » Sun May 21, 2017 7:25 am wrote:Not to discourage intellectual discussion about the subject of the reality represented by the idea of 'enlightenment', but a reminder that enlightenment in the Eastern religious tradition is a state of mind free from duality, ie. a mind free of thought. As the old Zen saying goes....as long as there is a you seeking enlightenment or not seeking enlightenment, you are as far from enlightenment as the day you were born. :)

Every morning, sometime in the middle of my coffee and cigarette, I become enlightened. Feels like the first time, every time!. haha

Reminds me of something I read earlier today:

If you try to ask about the dhyana
Or investigate the innumerable
You will waste your life and achieve nothing.
Polishing bricks to make mirrors,
Or piling up snow to turn it into grain−−
However many years have you wasted like that?
A hair can contain an ocean,
A mustard−seed can hold a mountain,
And the golden Kasyapa only smiles.
When you are awakened you will surpass the Ten Stages and the Three Vehicles,
And stop the four kinds of birth and the six types of reincarnation.
Who has ever heard, before the cliff of thoughts extinguished,
Under the tree that has no shadow,
The sound of the cuckoo in a spring dawn?
The path by the Cao Stream is dangerous,
The Vulture Peak is high in the clouds:
Here the voice of the ancients was a mystery.
On a cliff ten thousand feet high
Five−leaved lotuses bloom
As scent coils round the shutters of the old palace.
At that time
Your knowledge smashes all the currents of thought;
The Dragon King and the Three Treasures can be seen.

It's best if you don't read very deeply into it. Just a poem conveying a feeling. My opinion.

Heaven Swan » Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 am wrote:
Can I ask a question Dada? How much time per week do you spend playing video games?

I don't spend any time playing video games. I actually can't remember the last time I played one, it's been at least a few years.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with it, if you go about it the right way. As per my last post.

I do listen to video game music often. As a musician with a wide range of tastes, it's my opinion that most of the finest music of the last twenty-five years can be found there. Some extremely talented composers who are mostly unsung, sometimes even uncredited.

I'm not disagreeing with MLK, or Dr. Yan. I'm not agreeing with them either. I just don't see the need. I don't have any heroes. And the world is big enough for all three of our opinions to coexist peacefully.

The thing about my opinions, is that they aren't 'competing in the marketplace of ideas.' Just things I'm getting out of my system, I have other things on my mind even while I'm typing them. And by the time I get back here a day later, it feels like a thousand years have gone by.

I guess what I'm trying to do on this thread is show that there are options, we're not locked into some historical process. Among other things. In a way, that's what I'm doing here on RI in general at this point. I am thankful for this place, it's been good for my creative process, and as I said, has helped me to get things out of my system. But really, I'm already gone. This is like the forty days between the resurrection and the ascension. I'm thinking post 1031 is a good one to end on. Happy Halloween.

And it's nothing negative. I think that like video games, RI can be used in a positive, productive way. Although, most people don't. But I just need the hour a day I spend here for other things.

minime » Sun May 21, 2017 11:56 am wrote:It's none of my business, but dada strikes me as the kind of person who will take up something as a personal challenge, master it, really master it, maybe even to the point of obsession, until he internalizes it, and then drop it completely and never look back.

It's true, I have been known to do that on occasion.

--

(I'm not going to take the time to figure out how to do my famous 'topic houdini' act, tying this post back to the OP as if by magic. I bet I could do it if I wanted to, though.)
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion