Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Liberals Thread

Postby Nordic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:21 am

"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:23 am

Cant wait til Obummer is out of office in a few days. Worst period of my life.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby brekin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:56 pm

8bitagent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:23 am wrote:Cant wait til Obummer is out of office in a few days. Worst period of my life.

Be patient.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:10 pm

8bitagent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:23 am wrote:Cant wait til Obummer is out of office in a few days. Worst period of my life.

I hate to say it, but you ain't seen nuthin' yet. One of the worst aspects of the Trump-Putin hysteria, aka The Great Derangement, is that it has pushed Democrats, and with them that Overton Window, even further to the right.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Nordic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:32 pm

MacCruiskeen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:10 pm wrote:

I hate to say it, but you ain't seen nuthin' yet. One of the worst aspects of the Trump-Putin hysteria, aka The Great Derangement, is that it has pushed Democrats, and with them that Overton Window, even further to the right.

Or, more specifically what would make Democrats happy:

Nordic

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:08 pm

It's easy to post about your non-stop blind anger at vaguely defined enemies in the form of unrelated atrocity photographs. For example, this is what the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn do when they post pictures of 20,000 Albanian refugees arriving in an Italian port (the famous one from Bari, 1991) and claim it's from Kalamata today.

Since Nordic thinks any free association he makes is factual in the same proportion that he is angry while doing it (grrrr Hulk smash!), I don't see that using that example is anything out of line in this thread.

Or shall we go with Nordic's projection or his President Trump's actual statements?

This one of course is centrally programmatic - I do not forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEAJrT8PeOo

This one's going to go into the "Joker tweets shit" category for some reason:

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:11 pm

MORE NUKES

:yay :yay :yay :yay
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Nordic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Sure let's let anyone from, say, Syria enter the US. Then maybe we can pay them unemployment benefits while they run off and behead children in Syria.

You know, like Denmark has been doing.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independ ... 97326.html

Denmark has been paying benefits to dozens of Isis fighters

Employment minister Troels Lund Poulsen has promised immediate action

Denmark's government is attempting to recover thousands of pounds' worth of benefit money from dozens of people who have fled the country to join Isis in Syria.

At least 34 people who are understood to have left Denmark to join Isis as fighters have continued to receive unemployment benefit, according newspaper Ekstra Bladet.

The newspaper filed a Freedom of Information request to Denmark’s employment ministry and found that 34 of the fighters had received the state unemployment benefit known as ‘kontanthjælp’. Two people had been recipients of ‘dagpenge,’ a private unemployment benefit that is heavily subsidised by the state.

Yeah let's do that out of our "liberalness"
Nordic

Postby Nordic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:15 pm

More child beheading in the name of freedom!

:yay :yay :yay :yay
Nordic

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm

So according to the same line of thinking, the U.S. is responsible for the head-chopping in Syria, which has caused millions of people to flee, and the proper response and Nordic's concern is to make sure we hate the victims and make sure they drown in the Mediterranean lest any of them find refuge in the U.S.

It's really too bad Trump University went under, Nordic would have made an ideal student.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Don't worry Chicago Steve Harvey is coming to save you all!

Rep. Steve King: Let's Not Get "Bogged Down" With Americans Dying

By noweasels
Friday Jan 13, 2017 · 12:26 AM CST
Photo by Dorothea Lange

From NPR

All Things Considered

On the first day of this Congress, Rep. Steve King of Iowa introduced a bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act in its entirety.

You can read it here: Repeal Obamacare

Its author was interviewed this evening.

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST:

Donald Trump said this yesterday about repealing and replacing Obamacare. As soon as his nominee for Secretary of Health and Human Services is confirmed, he said his administration will submit a plan to replace the law. He said it will be repeal and replace. It'll be done, in Trump's words, essentially simultaneously.

Republican Congressman Steve King of Iowa isn't waiting. King is a staunch conservative, and as soon as Congress convened, he proposed a repeal bill. I asked him why.

STEVE KING: It's my opinion that if we repealed Obamacare and did nothing, we're still far better off. Almost everybody I know would be happier if Obamacare had never been passed and we hadn't made any changes in health care.

(snip)

Diarist’s Note: Rep. King did not identify those “everybodys” in the section I have deleted to comply with Fair Use rules. In any event, other than insurance company CEOs and the billionaires who would see substantial tax cuts from the repeal, this is nothing but GOP hobgoblinery.
Continued:

SIEGEL: Donald Trump's adviser Kellyanne Conway recently told an interviewer, we don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.

Diarist’s Note: Until the last Dalmatian puppy has not been made into a coat, sure, Kellyanne, we’ll take you at your word.
(snip)

KING: I think that's a fine and shining ideal, but it wouldn't be my standard. We have about 20 million people that they say would be pushed off of Obamacare if we just repealed it and did nothing. I look at the numbers on the 20 million. It's about 10.8 million that were pushed onto Medicaid, and so I don't really look at Medicaid as a health insurance policy that you own.

Diarist’s Note: “Pushed” onto Medicaid? I’m fairly certain that those who benefitted from the expansion of Medicaid were incredibly grateful to have the chance to see a doctor, obtain screenings and obtain basic healthcare. According to Rep. King, though, they should just go back to waiting, worrying and emergency rooms.
KING: I would argue there is no constitutional - you have no right to a health insurance policy. Whatever our hearts tell us, we can provide those things, but there's not a right to them.

Diarist’s Note: Medicaid is not a “health insurance policy.” It’s a plan to ensure that the richest country in the history of earth enables its less well-off citizens to obtain necessary healthcare. It’s part of the social contract, and there is no reason we cannot make this universal. Many less rich countries already have done this.
More from Rep. King:

The roughly 9.2 million people that are insured under Obamacare that would presumably lose their insurance if it were repealed - they're living under a subsidized premium, and that subsidized premium is paid for almost a hundred percent by the taxpayers.

Diarist’s Note: As explained in a diary published earlier today by our own incredible Brainwrap: If you receive your healthcare policy from your employer, you're receiving an average of around $1,730 per year in tax subsidies, or around $144 per month. So those who would lose their insurance after a repeal would still be subsidizing those of us who got to keep ours because we work for employers who provide it. Read More Here
Rep. King’s plans?

KING: So we can do some things like a full deductibility of everybody's health insurance premium.

Diarist’s Note: Great idea for people whose premiums exceed their take-home pay!
KING: That picks up some of them in that 9.2 million group. Under Obamacare, they always envisioned that 4 percent of the population would be uninsured even if it were fully implemented. So I wouldn't want to be bogged down on that, but I would want to do the best thing we can for the maximum number of American people.

Diarist’s Note: Yes, let’s not get “bogged down.” And, oh by the way, the “maximum number of American people” would truly like to keep whatever access they have to health care, including the benefits provided to them by the ACA.
(snip)

SIEGEL: Should insurance companies be required to offer insurance to people regardless of a prior condition? Should that provision of Obamacare survive, whatever the Congress does?

KING: (snip) If we guarantee people that we will - that there will be a policy issued to them regardless of them not taking the responsibility to buy insurance before they were sick, that's the equivalent of waiting for your house is on fire and then buying property and casualty insurance. And that defeats the insurance concept of it, and it defeats the personal responsibility requirements necessary to have an efficient health care system.

Diarist’s Note: This will be of great comfort to my niece, who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 16 months old. I guess it is too bad that at that time, before she could read or write, and when she was in the ICU fighting for her life, she didn’t find some insurance plan that wouldn’t later deny her insurance for a pre-existing condition.
SIEGEL: Do you sense that there's a majority in the House, that the overwhelming majority of the Republican caucus is with you on what should replace Obamacare? Or are there still arguments to be had and debates to be had about what happens after Obamacare?

KING: Let me go out on a limb here, Robert. I think most of the Republicans agree with me, but there's probably a majority of them that don't have the political will because they're afraid of the criticism that will come. And as I listen to their dialogue, they're afraid of the criticism.

(snip)

But I think if you take them down to where their heart of hearts is and their logical brain is, the majority of them will agree with me.

Diarist’s Note: Hearts? No one supporting this could claim to have one. Seriously.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/12 ... e-briefing
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:29 pm

This is a very sad one to see. Graham Linehan was co-author of one of the really great TV comedies, Father Ted. But here he is, like the dullest and most airheaded Guardian Liberal, equating Corbyn with Trump because Corbyn has the temerity to state an obvious truth about this vile Tory government.

America`s derangement is not confined to the USA.

Michael Tracey ‏@mtracey 14. Jan.

Corbyn gets it.

Michael Tracey @mtracey

And look what it gets him from the UK liberal intelligentsia

Like the brick Father Jack once loved, the bank account formerly known as Graham Linehan can just feck off.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:26 pm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4cihgp

Isis
Written by: Bob Dylan and Jacques Levy

I married Isis on the fifth day of May

But I could not hold on to her very long

So I cut off my hair and I rode straight away

For the wild unknown country where I could not go wrong

I came to a high place of darkness and light

The dividing line ran through the center of town

I hitched up my pony to a post on the right

Went in to a laundry to wash my clothes down

A man in the corner approached me for a match

I knew right away he was not ordinary

He said, “Are you lookin’ for somethin’ easy to catch?”

I said, “I got no money.” He said, “That ain’t necessary”

We set out that night for the cold in the North

I gave him my blanket, he gave me his word

I said, “Where are we goin’?” He said we’d be back by the fourth

I said, “That’s the best news that I’ve ever heard”

I was thinkin’ about turquoise, I was thinkin’ about gold

I was thinkin’ about diamonds and the world’s biggest necklace

As we rode through the canyons, through the devilish cold

I was thinkin’ about Isis, how she thought I was so reckless

How she told me that one day we would meet up again

And things would be different the next time we wed

If I only could hang on and just be her friend

I still can’t remember all the best things she said

We came to the pyramids all embedded in ice

He said, “There’s a body I’m tryin’ to find

If I carry it out it’ll bring a good price”

’Twas then that I knew what he had on his mind

The wind it was howlin’ and the snow was outrageous

We chopped through the night and we chopped through the dawn

When he died I was hopin’ that it wasn’t contagious

But I made up my mind that I had to go on

I broke into the tomb, but the casket was empty

There was no jewels, no nothin’, I felt I’d been had

When I saw that my partner was just bein’ friendly

When I took up his offer I must-a been mad

I picked up his body and I dragged him inside

Threw him down in the hole and I put back the cover

I said a quick prayer and I felt satisfied

Then I rode back to find Isis just to tell her I love her

She was there in the meadow where the creek used to rise

Blinded by sleep and in need of a bed

I came in from the East with the sun in my eyes

I cursed her one time then I rode on ahead

She said, “Where ya been?” I said, “No place special”

She said, “You look different.” I said, “Well, not quite”

She said, “You been gone.” I said, “That’s only natural”

She said, “You gonna stay?” I said, “Yeah, I jes might”

Isis, oh, Isis, you mystical child

What drives me to you is what drives me insane

I still can remember the way that you smiled

On the fifth day of May in the drizzlin’ rain
Iamwhomiam

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:31 pm

^^Why did you post that in this thread?

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby brekin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:39 pm

MacCruiskeen » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:31 pm wrote:^^Why did you post that in this thread?

Yeah, really. Where's the hate?
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion