The Liberals Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Liberals Thread

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:26 am

Jerky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:23 pm wrote:...and if being a smug sanctimonious prick was a crime, you'd have been thrown in jail a long fucking time ago.

J.

I do love irony, so. :lovehearts:
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Jerky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:26 am

MacCruiskeen » 09 Nov 2016 15:07 wrote:Your slip is showing, Jerky. "Non-college educated" = "STUPID" (sic). You and Corn are true liberals, and spiritual peers.

Thank you. You demonstrate exactly why this thread is sorely needed and long overdue.

You also miss the fact that Corn's logic is irrefutable.

Non-college educated people broke for Trump in a big way.

Voting for Trump is demonstrably a dangerous and STUPID act.

Non-college educated people voted for Trump.

THEREFORE, by LOGIC, non-college educated people DID SOMETHING STUPID.

So why not call people who did something stupid STUPID?

Can you not follow basic fucking logic, you language-policing censorious politically correct wet blanket photo-negative version of a rabid SJW?

J.
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:29 am

Rory » 09 Nov 2016 15:25 wrote:Jerky - wind your neck in. You're running around trying to pick fights. Just stop being a dick

This rotten, irrelevant, gloating, vicious, punching-down thread is ALL ABOUT nothing other than being a dick to the despised, vilified LIBERAL stereotype. Why can't I play along in my own Jerky way?

J.
Jerky

Postby Rory » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:30 am

Edit - whatever..

Waste of time
Last edited by Rory on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rory

Postby Jerky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:30 am

On a thread started by a snide cunt for the sole purpose of exulting in his snide cuntiness.

Exactly.

What could be more appropriate?

J.
Jerky

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:33 am

Jerky, Phil Ochs had your number half a century ago.

Meanwhile, in the Guardian: more liberals melting down, more frantic cluelessness, more reckless self-revelation:

Hillary Rodham Clinton is hardly perfect, but her flaws are those of a sane human being and a politician – not of an orange troglodytic self-proclaimed “sexual predator” who thrives on hatred. She could not have committed enough crimes, short of genocide, to warrant the 30 years of attacks she’s weathered – starting in Arkansas for simply wanting to keep her own name and law career. This year’s sexist vitriol came from the left (Bernie bros chanting, “Bern the witch”), the right (need I list these?), with, for the hell of it, accused rapist Julian Assange, Fox News’s alleged sexual harasser Roger Ailes and the FBI piling on.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40150
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby RocketMan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:35 am

Eight years ago when Obama won, and some of us were less than impressed, there was a similar kind of rage among those who were on the Hope & Change bandwagon. It was weird. They won, for chrissakes. And now, the same sort of rage is evident when the shoe's on the other foot. I guess you could make the case for the rage being somewhat misdirected. In both cases.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:42 am

In the last few days, here at RI specifically - and beyond - the standard retort, having been challenged, is changing from STOOPID to another equally discomfitting smear; DELUSIONAL. Can't see that working for long, though. If at all.
coffin_dodger

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:51 am

"Everything was fine until that horrible orange monster came along! What did we do to deserve this? Why is Hate suddenly trumping Love? Eight years of a president we could be proud of, and now this? Why?"

Στενή Αυτοάμυνα ‏@Obscureobjet · 4 hours ago

Dear US "progressives" expressing your wish to renounce citizenship: You are welcome to move to Syria, created by the party you supported.

https://twitter.com/Obscureobjet/status ... 5357106176

Or maybe Libya?

"He died." Yes, because you killed him. And he wasn't the only one you killed. You destroyed a whole country, you and Obama.

Or maybe Flint, Michigan looks more attractive after eight years of Democratic rule. Or Detroit. Or Standing Rock.

Imagine it had been Trump who presided over all that, and more. Imagine it had been Trump who said this:

He would be denounced as a fascist and a crass vulgarian. You would never hear the end of it.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby RocketMan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Yeah Obama had that smooth salesman charm. Not a used car salesman, perhaps a salesman of upscale real estate or the like... Or high-tech weaponry.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Jerky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Oh yeah, maaan. Phil Ochs sure had me pegged, maaaaan. You got me there, maaaan. You win, maaaan.

J.

MacCruiskeen » 09 Nov 2016 15:33 wrote:Jerky, Phil Ochs had your number half a century ago.

Meanwhile, in the Guardian: more liberals melting down, more frantic cluelessness, more reckless self-revelation:

Hillary Rodham Clinton is hardly perfect, but her flaws are those of a sane human being and a politician – not of an orange troglodytic self-proclaimed “sexual predator” who thrives on hatred. She could not have committed enough crimes, short of genocide, to warrant the 30 years of attacks she’s weathered – starting in Arkansas for simply wanting to keep her own name and law career. This year’s sexist vitriol came from the left (Bernie bros chanting, “Bern the witch”), the right (need I list these?), with, for the hell of it, accused rapist Julian Assange, Fox News’s alleged sexual harasser Roger Ailes and the FBI piling on.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40150
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:37 pm

The level of political sophistication on display at this board lately is... disheartening.

"Hillary did the Libya, maaaan! Hillary did the Syria, maaaan!"

What fucking idiocy.

I think I'm done.

J.
Jerky

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:41 pm

RocketMan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:35 am wrote:Eight years ago when Obama won, and some of us were less than impressed, there was a similar kind of rage among those who were on the Hope & Change bandwagon. It was weird. They won, for chrissakes. And now, the same sort of rage is evident when the shoe's on the other foot. I guess you could make the case for the rage being somewhat misdirected. In both cases.

Exactly. It's always fandom with these people. You're just being a "hater" if you refuse to share their enthusiasms or their panics 100%. Hence the rage. As if you'd interrupted their favourite TV show.

Ali Abunimah ‏@AliAbunimah · 12 hours ago

The apocalyptic response to Trump now is the mirror image of the delusional euphoria when Obama was elected in 2008.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:47 pm

On a thread started by a snide cunt for the sole purpose of exulting in his snide cuntiness.

Why don't you fascist cheerleaders fuck off to Red Ice or Rense or Infowars

and if being a smug sanctimonious prick was a crime, you'd have been thrown in jail a long fucking time ago.

Can you not follow basic fucking logic, you language-policing censorious politically correct wet blanket photo-negative version of a rabid SJW?

I think I'm done.

Oh...say it isn't so! Your input here, today, has been so tempered and reasonable.
coffin_dodger

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:50 pm

Lena Dunham ‏@lenadunham · 20 hours ago

I love you all! Tonight we make history! I may or may not wear a bow.

https://twitter.com/lenadunham

Lena Dunham has 5.09 million followers.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion