The Rise of Bigot America Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Rise of Bigot America Thread

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:32 pm

Islamophobia American Style

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38721
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:33 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:48 am wrote:8bit, I don't know how could use any more meaningless and weighted terms in such a short sentence unless you threw in "conpiracy theorist" and "truther."

Don't let the word virus get you, easy as it is.

SJW aka social justice warrior, one who fights for social justice, has become an insult along the lines of do-gooder and tree-hugger. And virtue signaller, aka one who takes a virtuous stand, another insult.

I'm not even going to try to deconstruct leftist, hipster and alt right in the mix.

Truly our language has been perverted when social justice and virtue are associated with negative connotations.

Newspeak.

8bit has been doing this for as long as they have been a member here. I and others have repeatedly called out their sloppy word salad label rants to absolutely zero effect. One eventually is forced to wonder if it is not deliberate. Language matters. It's practically all that matters on a message board.

@Joe and Blue... Exactly.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby slomo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:34 pm

Nordic » 04 Dec 2016 12:26 wrote:It's my understanding that the "SJW" term itself was self-given by these internet bullies who are, indeed, sullying very words themselves.

It's a shame because, as Joe points out, a "social justice warrior" should be a good thing.

But that's how our society works. Right now I refuse to be labeled a "liberal" because our fucked-up society has decided that Democrats, who are currently quite fascist, are still "liberals". Hillary the "liberal".

:shock:

Fuck that shit.

I dont have a label any more. I have no idea what to call myself. (I know several of you would like to call me all kinds of names but that's not what I'm talking about)

It's best not to label oneself, because all labels are corruptible.

The term SJW should mean something good, but it doesn't. It means pedantic, academic attention to the minutiae of identity politics, instead of a true viewing of other individuals (white/brown/black, male/female, homosexual/heterosexual, etc.) principally as human beings deserving of dignity. I've seen close-up several implementations of "diversity" efforts, and even though some (not all) of the individuals involved have good intentions, the effect of these efforts is to sow more division and alienation.
Last edited by slomo on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slomo

Postby Blue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:34 pm

I have defended the SPLC but must correct you Iamwhoiam - Morris Dee is a white man and I believe it was his partner who founded Habitat for Humanity.

Whatever greedy personal traits Dee's may possess, the SPLC does a hella lot of great work for a huge number of people of all persuasions.

As far as Maajid Nawaz article in the Independent paper - here's SPLC response:

Maajid Nawaz is a British activist and part of the “ex-radical” circuit of former Islamists who use that experience to savage Islam. His story, which has been told repeatedly in the British and American press and in testimony to legislators as well, sounds compelling enough — Nawaz says he grew up being attacked by neo-Nazi skinheads in the United Kingdom, spent almost four years in an Egyptian prison after joining a supposedly nonviolent Islamist group, but had a change of heart while imprisoned and then returned to England to work against the radicalization of Muslims. But major elements of his story have been disputed by former friends, members of his family, fellow jihadists and journalists, and the evidence suggests that Nawaz is far more interested in self-promotion and money than in any particular ideological dispute. He told several different versions of his story, emphasizing that he was deradicalized while in Egypt — even though he in fact continued his Islamist agitation for months after returning.

After starting the Quilliam Foundation, which he describes as an anti-extremism think tank, Nawaz sent a secret list to a top British security official that accused “peaceful Muslim groups, politicians, a television channel and a Scotland Yard unit of sharing the ideology of terrorists,” according to The Guardian. His Quilliam Foundation received more than 1.25 million pounds from the British government, but the government eventually decided to stop funding it. One of Nawaz’s biggest purported coups was getting anti-Muslim extremist Tommy Robinson to quit as head of the violence-prone English Defence League, trumpeting his departure at a press conference. But Robinson later said Quilliam had paid him some 8,000 British pounds to allow Nawaz to take credit for what he already planned to do. Shortly afterward, Robinson returned to anti-Muslim agitation with other groups.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

In the list sent to a top British security official in 2010, headlined “Preventing Terrorism: Where Next for Britain?” Quilliam wrote, “The ideology of non-violent Islamists is broadly the same as that of violent Islamists; they disagree only on tactics.” An official with Scotland Yard’s Muslim Contact Unit told The Guardian that “[t]he list demonises a whole range of groups that in my experience have made valuable contributions to counter-terrorism.”

In a Nov. 16, 2013, op-ed in the Daily Mail, Nawaz called for criminalizing the wearing of the veil, or niqab, in many public places, saying: “It is not only reasonable, but our duty to insist individuals remove the veil when they enter identity-sensitive environments such as banks, airports, courts and schools.”

According to a Jan. 24, 2014, report in The Guardian, Nawaz tweeted out a cartoon of Jesus and Muhammad — despite the fact that many Muslims see it as blasphemous to draw Muhammad. He said that he wanted “to carve out a space to be heard without constantly fearing the blasphemy charge.”

Nawaz, who had described himself as a “feminist,” was “filmed repeatedly trying to touch a naked lap dancer,” according to an April 10, 2015, report in the Daily Mail. The paper apparently got the security film from the owner of a strip club who was incensed by Nawaz’s claims to be a religious Muslim.

[quote="Iamwhomiam » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:37 pm"]

Regarding the SPLC, I feel it to be of great value regardless the fact it is lead by a rich black man. I'm well aware of Dee's history and the history of the SPLC. We hired a notable SPLC attorney to head our local Legal Aid Services for civil affairs and he remains one of the most productive individuals I've ever known. Dees also founded Habitat for Humanity.

Cockburn seems to have had a bug up his ass about Dees. Maybe Morris cancelled his luncheon date with Alex, who knows. It's an ancient article anyway.

Southern Law Poverty Center

Hatewatch
Hatewatch monitors and exposes the activities of the American radical right.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map
Blue

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:46 pm

Islamophobia In US: California Mosques Receive Letters Threatening Muslim Genocide
http://www.ibtimes.com/islamophobia-us- ... de-2451315

Donald Trump is ready to bring Islamophobia into the White House

http://mondoweiss.net/2016/11/donald-tr ... QdDuD.dpuf

Donald Trump’s Pick For National Security Adviser Loves To Stoke Islamophobia
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... ce7aaaa440

Donald Trump 'appoints Islamophobic conspiracy theorist to transition team'
Frank Gaffney, described as 'one of America's most notorious Islamophobes', is reportedly helping President-elect select national security advisers
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 20241.html

Trump's Islamophobic rhetoric means a public health crisis for Muslims
According to research, Islamophobia is associated with poor psychological outcomes among Muslims and can adversely affect physical health
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... lth-crisis

Donald Trump: The Islamophobia president
Trump rose to power with an Islamophobic campaign and Islamophobia now will become his official policy.
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinio ... 55945.html

$206 Mn. to Hate Groups to Promote anti-Muslim Sentiment[/url]
By Juan Cole | Jun. 22, 2016

http://www.juancole.com/2016/06/groups- ... iment.html
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Drunk men screaming Trump’s name try to rip off Muslim student’s hijab as straphangers stand idly by on East Side subway, cops say
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... -1.2896163

13 Times Apparent Trump Supporters Attacked, Harassed Or Plotted To Kill Muslims
Where were they radicalized?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ant ... 55eab66379

Muslim leaders call on FBI to investigate attack on UW student

The victim, a Muslim student, was hit in the face with a bottle by a stranger as she walked on the University of Washington campus on Nov. 15.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... w-student/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby norton ash » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Paper Forced to Close Comments On Mall Of America's First Black Santa Thanks to Racism

Earlier this week, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune ran a nice story about the Mall of America’s first black Santa. Larry Jefferson is a retired U.S. Army veteran from Texas, and his hope, along with the mall’s, was that he would serve as a “Santa for everyone.”

“What they see most of the time is this red suit and candy,” Jefferson told the paper. “[Santa represents] a good spirit. I’m just a messenger to bring hope, love and peace to girls and boys.”

And then the paper had to disable its comments section, after it became overrun with racism.

http://jezebel.com/paper-forced-to-clos ... 1789648067
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Ohio interracial couple’s home trashed with swastikas and ‘white power’ slogans painted on it
Tom Boggioni TOM BOGGIONI
03 DEC 2016 AT 15:09 ET
Joe and Pat Jude

An interracial Ohio couple returning from Thanksgiving holidays with their daughter came home to find a property they owned completely trashed with swastikas and “white power” slogans written on the walls, reports WCMH.

According to Pat and Joe Jude, the house they planned to spend their retirement years in was severely damaged during their absence, with pipes broken causing flooding and appliances destroyed.

“They hit every cabinet with paint,” Pat Jude explained. “They hit every wall with paint. They hit every appliance, they poured paint into the appliances. They poured cement down the drains. I mean there is nothing that is salvageable.”

Despite the extensive damage done to the home it’s not the worst the couple — Pat is white and Joe is black — have faced due to bigotry.

Six years ago the couple’s 16-year-old son committed suicide after being bullied for being biracial.

“We’ve gone through that,” Pat said. “You never get over it, but then you come in here, and it’s the same kind of stuff.”

Watch the video below via WCMH:
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/ohio-in ... ted-on-it/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Blue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:34 pm wrote:I have defended the SPLC but must correct you Iamwhoiam - Morris Dee is a white man and I believe it was his partner who founded Habitat for Humanity.

Whatever greedy personal traits Dee's may possess, the SPLC does a hella lot of great work for a huge number of people of all persuasions.

As far as Maajid Nawaz article in the Independent paper - here's SPLC response:

Maajid Nawaz is a British activist and part of the “ex-radical” circuit of former Islamists who use that experience to savage Islam. His story, which has been told repeatedly in the British and American press and in testimony to legislators as well, sounds compelling enough — Nawaz says he grew up being attacked by neo-Nazi skinheads in the United Kingdom, spent almost four years in an Egyptian prison after joining a supposedly nonviolent Islamist group, but had a change of heart while imprisoned and then returned to England to work against the radicalization of Muslims. But major elements of his story have been disputed by former friends, members of his family, fellow jihadists and journalists, and the evidence suggests that Nawaz is far more interested in self-promotion and money than in any particular ideological dispute. He told several different versions of his story, emphasizing that he was deradicalized while in Egypt — even though he in fact continued his Islamist agitation for months after returning.

After starting the Quilliam Foundation, which he describes as an anti-extremism think tank, Nawaz sent a secret list to a top British security official that accused “peaceful Muslim groups, politicians, a television channel and a Scotland Yard unit of sharing the ideology of terrorists,” according to The Guardian. His Quilliam Foundation received more than 1.25 million pounds from the British government, but the government eventually decided to stop funding it. One of Nawaz’s biggest purported coups was getting anti-Muslim extremist Tommy Robinson to quit as head of the violence-prone English Defence League, trumpeting his departure at a press conference. But Robinson later said Quilliam had paid him some 8,000 British pounds to allow Nawaz to take credit for what he already planned to do. Shortly afterward, Robinson returned to anti-Muslim agitation with other groups.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

In the list sent to a top British security official in 2010, headlined “Preventing Terrorism: Where Next for Britain?” Quilliam wrote, “The ideology of non-violent Islamists is broadly the same as that of violent Islamists; they disagree only on tactics.” An official with Scotland Yard’s Muslim Contact Unit told The Guardian that “[t]he list demonises a whole range of groups that in my experience have made valuable contributions to counter-terrorism.”

In a Nov. 16, 2013, op-ed in the Daily Mail, Nawaz called for criminalizing the wearing of the veil, or niqab, in many public places, saying: “It is not only reasonable, but our duty to insist individuals remove the veil when they enter identity-sensitive environments such as banks, airports, courts and schools.”

According to a Jan. 24, 2014, report in The Guardian, Nawaz tweeted out a cartoon of Jesus and Muhammad — despite the fact that many Muslims see it as blasphemous to draw Muhammad. He said that he wanted “to carve out a space to be heard without constantly fearing the blasphemy charge.”

Nawaz, who had described himself as a “feminist,” was “filmed repeatedly trying to touch a naked lap dancer,” according to an April 10, 2015, report in the Daily Mail. The paper apparently got the security film from the owner of a strip club who was incensed by Nawaz’s claims to be a religious Muslim.

Iamwhomiam » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:37 pm wrote:
Regarding the SPLC, I feel it to be of great value regardless the fact it is lead by a rich black man. I'm well aware of Dee's history and the history of the SPLC. We hired a notable SPLC attorney to head our local Legal Aid Services for civil affairs and he remains one of the most productive individuals I've ever known. Dees also founded Habitat for Humanity.

Cockburn seems to have had a bug up his ass about Dees. Maybe Morris cancelled his luncheon date with Alex, who knows. It's an ancient article anyway.

Southern Law Poverty Center

Hatewatch
Hatewatch monitors and exposes the activities of the American radical right.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

Well, I guess I didn't know much about Morris Dees, having always presumed him to be black. Thank you for correcting me, Blue, although I now feel foolish. It was indeed his former partner who co-founded Habitat. Very sorry to have made such egregious and foolish errors.

With limits, I agree with this you wrote, "Whatever greedy personal traits Dee's may possess, the SPLC does a hella lot of great work for a huge number of people of all persuasions."

edited typo 'funder' to 'founder'
Last edited by Iamwhomiam on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:10 pm wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:37 pm wrote:
Next 8bit wrote,
There's been a lot of violence against Trump supporters too, which makes me think there is a hidden power that wants to see both sides go nuts.

Please provide some evidence of your claim, or please retract it as untruthful.

You must have missed my postings on page 1 of this thread:

Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:58 am wrote:.

There is also THIS as well that should be considered as part of the overall conversation on this topic:

Ever wonder why that first video was booted? Two were of the same incident, from different views, which proves nothing as to motive or whether it was unprovoked. There is no confirmation from the assaulted fellow that he was in fact a Trump supporter, noe whatsoever. Did the white driver shout some racial epithets before being accosted?

Same thing about the uptown subway guy, unprovable allegations. Or the Trump supporter handing out Trump brochures at a polling place, did she pepper spray the guy before he allegedly knocked her down? And you don't think it odd that he was not arrested?

Tell me, how many women do you know that would be able to reach into their purse to get their pepper spray, after being knocked down, while a man is on top of her, punching her? Could it be true that it occurred as claimed? And you don't think it odd that he was not arrested? Of course we all know how honest some Trump supporters are. Far be it for any to lie.

Two others were high school altercations, and one was a sort of bar fight.
Clearly, it is not a simple one-sided situation we're dealing with.

So, why does it seem you're trying to make it a one-sided situation, posting all those videos showing black violence against whites?

I asked for evidence of rampant violence against Trump supporters, not a few biased videos.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:14 pm

slomo » 05 Dec 2016 06:34 wrote:
Nordic » 04 Dec 2016 12:26 wrote:It's my understanding that the "SJW" term itself was self-given by these internet bullies who are, indeed, sullying very words themselves.

It's a shame because, as Joe points out, a "social justice warrior" should be a good thing.

But that's how our society works. Right now I refuse to be labeled a "liberal" because our fucked-up society has decided that Democrats, who are currently quite fascist, are still "liberals". Hillary the "liberal".

Fuck that shit.

I dont have a label any more. I have no idea what to call myself. (I know several of you would like to call me all kinds of names but that's not what I'm talking about)

The term SJW should mean something good, but it doesn't. It means pedantic, academic attention to the minutiae of identity politics, instead of a true viewing of other individuals (white/brown/black, male/female, homosexual/heterosexual, etc.) principally as human beings deserving of dignity. I've seen close-up several implementations of "diversity" efforts, and even though some (not all) of the individuals involved have good intentions, the effect of these efforts is to sow more division and alienation.

It only means that if you choose to let it mean that and if you choose to let it mean that then you are letting far right bigots define reality for you.

This is how 5G warfare works. Its being waged on you. (Not just you tho.)

When people (in my experience) actually comment online in a way that respects the essential human dignity of people they are called SJWs in a derogatory sense. It happens to me frequently. Often in response to wtte of or literally - "No you racist cunt that is unacceptable - FUCK OFF!!!" - not some academic jargon.

It can go down hill quite quickly.
Last edited by Joe Hillshoist on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:28 pm wrote:
Belligerent Savant » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:10 pm wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:37 pm wrote:
Next 8bit wrote,
There's been a lot of violence against Trump supporters too, which makes me think there is a hidden power that wants to see both sides go nuts.

Please provide some evidence of your claim, or please retract it as untruthful.

You must have missed my postings on page 1 of this thread:

Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:58 am wrote:.

There is also THIS as well that should be considered as part of the overall conversation on this topic:

Ever wonder why that first video was booted? Two were of the same incident, from different views, which proves nothing as to motive or whether it was unprovoked. There is no confirmation from the assaulted fellow that he was in fact a Trump supporter, noe whatsoever. Did the white driver shout some racial epithets before being accosted?

Same thing about the uptown subway guy, unprovable allegations. Or the Trump supporter handing out Trump brochures at a polling place, did she pepper spray the guy before he allegedly knocked her down? And you don't think it odd that he was not arrested?

Tell me, how many women do you know that would be able to reach into their purse to get their pepper spray, after being knocked down, while a man is on top of her, punching her? Could it be true that it occurred as claimed? And you don't think it odd that he was not arrested? Of course we all know how honest some Trump supporters are. Far be it for any to lie.

Two others were high school altercations, and one was a sort of bar fight.
Clearly, it is not a simple one-sided situation we're dealing with.

So, why does it seem you're trying to make it a one-sided situation, posting all those videos showing black violence against whites?

I asked for evidence of rampant violence against Trump supporters, not a few biased videos.

Part of your reply is wrongly attributed to me -- you'll want to correct that.

I am reading a number of presumptions in your response that I didn't see applied for the other incidents referenced here.

I'll try to keep this as simple as possible:

Have these people become racist now because Trump is president-elect (or conversely, because Hillary isn't), or are these traits already inherent in these humans looking for outlets now to justify sentiments long-held? How much of a role has the media played in fanning these flames of hatred, which some of you are now posting here as virtual amplifiers, seemingly free of any context and/or realization that you're contributing to the rabble?

The links I posted -- temporarily participating in the LINK-GASMS going on here of late Re: this "election" -- were part of a larger point: there are crappy humans out there looking for excuses to express fundamentally flawed thinking; there are also humans out there that are prone to manipulation by various forms of media, exacerbating festering, diseased mindsets. This is NOT a recent phenomenon, not by a longshot.

This shit speaks to an ingrained long-term problem inherent within a portion of the population well beyond any influence by TRUMP. To imply along such lines is lazy, facile thinking (regardless of TRUMP's skilled trolling manipulation of said diseased brains).

There are myriad factors at play here, many long-running.

There is no "RISE" of Bigotry in America (despite the recent overt uptick). It was here at America's birth; it'll be here at its death.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:21 pm

slomo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:34 pm wrote:

Fuck that shit.

Werd
Martin Luther King jr is a racist by SJW logic because he actually preached 'color blindness'. SJWs see 'color blindness' as racism. Fundamentalist Identifarians.
Searcher08

Postby kool maudit » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:52 am

The term 'social justice warrior' is a term of mockery and disparagement; it would be akin to calling some alt-righter "il grand Duce" or something.

In both instances, the assumption of nobility/honour (inherent to "duce" or "warrior") is derided while the cause is implicitly scorned as being something far pettier and more ridiculous than the object assumes.
kool maudit

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:43 am

kool maudit » 07 Dec 2016 19:52 wrote:The term 'social justice warrior' is a term of mockery and disparagement; it would be akin to calling some alt-righter "il grand Duce" or something.

In both instances, the assumption of nobility/honour (inherent to "duce" or "warrior") is derided while the cause is implicitly scorned as being something far pettier and more ridiculous than the object assumes.

Thats right - its memetic warfare. Or semantic warfare, or both. And its been going on for years.

Someone asked on another thread (the red ice radio one perhaps) why so many conspiracy sites go full nazi as time moves on. Its the unquestioning repetition of these memes that does it. And its why some people react against stuff like pizzagate or terms like Social Justice Warrior.

Some people refer to "warministas" - people who think climate change is real.

A nanny state does all sorts of things - many of which it doesn't actually do.
Playgrounds are "safer"/"less fun" because people sue councils and councils cover their financial arses with insurance and insurance companies demand those councils take action to limit the potential risk of injury/payout not because governments (well councils) are anti-fun nanny state little fascists in pantsuits.
etc etc

If you control the words people use to express themselves you control the way people think. Because you control the way they frame their interpretations of information.
Joe Hillshoist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion