Angela Merkel is Now The Leader of the Free World

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Angela Merkel is Now The Leader of the Free World

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:16 pm

watch out Angela you have an election coming up......how safe are your emails?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Angela Merkel is Now The Leader of the Free World

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:01 am

I'll say.

Ah, you loved me as a loser
But now you're worried that I just might win
You know the way to stop me, but you don't have the discipline
How many nights I prayed for this, to let my work begin
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:31 am

watch out Angela you have an election coming up......how safe are your emails?

The NSA has them all.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby tapitsbo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:02 am

The Leader of the Frei World makes beautiful hand gestures during her appearances
tapitsbo

Postby Freitag » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Freitag

Postby DrEvil » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:51 pm

^^All that's missing is Pepe.

Here's the original non-racist version:
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Freitag » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:01 pm

DrEvil » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:51 am wrote:Here's the original non-racist version

Care to explain what exactly is "racist" about what I posted? I think it succinctly portrays Merkel's response to the threat of Islamic terrorism in Germany.
Freitag

Postby DrEvil » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Freitag » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:01 pm wrote:

Care to explain what exactly is "racist" about what I posted? I think it succinctly portrays Merkel's response to the threat of Islamic terrorism in Germany.

The message is that Merkel is killing Germany by letting in Muslims, any one of which can be a horrible mass-murdering lunatic. It implies that all Muslims are dangerous.

We're probably reading it differently, but that's my take on it.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby tapitsbo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:40 pm

If there's any way to talk about the future of western europe and its politics, it needs context that neither cartoons like Freitag's nor the "liberal internationalist" media can provide, IMO.

Maybe Germany and Turkey can have twin constitutional reforms before the beginning of the next decade and more will become clear.
tapitsbo

Postby Freitag » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:23 pm

DrEvil » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:02 pm wrote:
Freitag » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:01 pm wrote:

The message is that Merkel is killing Germany by letting in Muslims, any one of which can be a horrible mass-murdering lunatic. It implies that all Muslims are dangerous.

We're probably reading it differently, but that's my take on it.

I think you're reading the racism into it. Germans have legitimate, non-racist grievances related to the migrant crisis, their security from terrorism at the top of the list. Downplaying legitimate grievances as "racist" is the same dynamic that got Donald Trump elected. People like to feel that their elected government hears their concerns fairly. When they are condescended to and marginalized, while at the same time the government bends over backward to accommodate a million foreigners from a vastly different culture, they get angry. They might even Photoshop a cartoon to get their point across.
Freitag

Postby tapitsbo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:41 pm

The migrant crisis and MENA wars aren't going to stop anytime soon unfortunately.

I pray that somehow greater international co-operation will help some countries rebuild, and we won't see further destabilization spreading.

I hope that France and Germany can pursue better policies internally although it feels as though the seeds of strife have been deliberately sown there.

There are many very strange things about those two countries, including the perilous state of the German economy and its other curious policies that I had honestly thought were a harbinger of a Clinton presidency in the USA. France's internal conflict with Muslims and its overseas support of jihadists are a disturbing combination.
tapitsbo

Postby Freitag » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:48 pm

tapitsbo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:41 pm wrote:[...] German economy and its other curious policies that I had honestly thought were a harbinger of a Clinton presidency [...]

They thought so too ;)

Freitag

Postby tapitsbo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:54 pm

Yes now people like the German and Canadian cabinet ministers will serve as foghorns for the not-so-liberal "liberal international order" while it regroups

of course we know this configuration has significant overlap with the trump/eastern euro/russian/israeli turn towards what many would call "authoritarianism" or "fascism"

yet the play of appearances and policies set in motion is sure to develop in strange ways
tapitsbo

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:55 am

Well, Freitag, just as the KKK has a better read on Trump's racism than you do (as do his actual targets), so too do the German and European racists and Nazis posting this crude defacement (of a cartoon by Joan Cornellà Vázquez) understand it better than you do. Maybe it's their high emotional intelligence? (But I'm a snob again, since the sheer bad taste of it offends me almost as much as the message. How can you stand the stink?)

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby RocketMan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:16 am

JackRiddler » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:55 am wrote:Well, Freitag, just as the KKK has a better read on Trump's racism than you do (as do his actual targets), so too do the German and European racists and Nazis posting this crude defacement (of a cartoon by Joan Cornellà Vázquez) understand it better than you do. Maybe it's their high emotional intelligence? (But I'm a snob again, since the sheer bad taste of it offends me almost as much as the message. How can you stand the stink?)

It's quite amazing to me that people have started feeling comfortable posting these alt-right sentiments here. It's been going on for a while, but I joined back when Jeff's proclamation of being unabashedly LEFT was still fresh.

Solidarity, equality, justice. Fucking "migrant crisis". Makes me want to puke. Why do you people think the people are on the move anyhow? Jesus, get your heads out of your asses people and see other humans for what they are, humans.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Next

Return to General Discussion