Trumpublicons: Foreign Influence/Grifting in '16 US Election

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: NSA Chief Russia Hacked '16 Election Congress Must Inves

Postby conniption » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:58 am wrote:actually I have said that every day since trumpty dumbty was elected

more like 50 times a day...
conniption

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:00 am

probably..maybe a 100\

are you that upset about the hearings starting today?

today is the beginning of the end
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby conniption » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:05 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:00 am wrote:probably..maybe a 100\

are you that upset about the hearings starting today?

no.

had no idea the hearings were starting today ...what hearings?

sorry.
conniption

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:05 am

you're kidding right?

do you live in the U.S.?

do you read the news?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:14 am

actually the hearings started the other day...it was pretty good ...I watched the whole thing ..you can watch it on CSPAN but I am sure you are not interested but I would have thought you keeping up on everything Russia you would have known about it

Sen. Whitehouse vows to get to bottom of Russian influence on elections

A U.S. Senate hearing into alleged Russian attempts to influence last year's U.S. elections with email hacks, cyberattacks and social-media driven fake news began with statements of frustration by Senators Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democrat, and Lindsey Graham, a Republican, that the FBI will not publicly verify — or refute — President Donald Trump's allegations that he was wire-tapped.

On March 8, the two senators co-signed a letter demanding that the FBI and the Department of Justice provide any surveillance warrant applications that exist for Trump, who accused his predecessor in a series of tweets of wire-tapping him and his campaign.

"We were informed by the FBI just a few minutes ago that they would be responding to our letter with a classified briefing to the chair and ranking member," said Graham at the outset of Wednesday's hearing by the Senate Judiciary Committee's "Crime and Terrorism Subcommittee'' on the Kremlin playbook for "undermining democracies across the world.''

"All I am suggesting is that we're at the point now, as a nation, where the current president has accused the former president of surveilling his campaign. And I'd like to be able to inform the American people whether or not there [is] any validity to that,'' Graham said.

Agreeing, Whitehouse, of Rhode Island, said it is not enough to provide select lawmakers with classified information in a private settings.
His analogy: "If a small town wakes up one morning to find that all the shop windows on Main Street have been smashed, it is ... incumbent on the police chief to reassure the town that law enforcement will be looking into that incident. It's even legitimate to say, 'Here are the people I've assigned to it.' And it's certainly legitimate to say, 'And we intend to get to the bottom of this.' "

Speaker after speaker warned that failure to respond to Russia's interference will guarantee even more aggressive acts of "war,'' as they were described by Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., by an "emboldened" Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

Graham, of South Carolina, said: "My main takeaway is that: if you forgive and forget Russia, you'll regret it because they are only going to get worse ... We want to deter not just Russia. We want to deter other countries like Iran and China that have had a checkered past in stuff like this."

The witnesses included a former Homeland Security adviser to President George W. Bush; the one-time president of the Republic of Estonia; and Heather Conley, a former deputy assistant secretary of state who authored a report titled "The Kremlin Playbook: Understanding Russian Influence in Central and Eastern Europe."

Conley told the lawmakers that Russia insinuates its influence through "biased news outlets, intelligence networks, Russian-financed non-governmental organizations, business linkages and friendly politicians.'' It also "takes advantage of preexisting institutional, political, and governance weaknesses and exploits them, typically through manipulation and corruption.''

'We must not lose sight,'' she said, "of their cumulative effect and overarching strategic objective: the weakening of U.S. global leadership and its dominance of the international system, the weakening and ultimate collapse of NATO and the EU and finally the breakdown of the internal coherence, credibility, and moral authority of Western democracies.''

Among the suggested actions: more aggressive tracking of Russia-linked financial flows and curbs on access to financial markets.

Graham and Whitehouse led the hearing in their respective roles as the chairman and ranking member of the subcommittee that has oversight over the FBI.

Whitehouse's opening statement began: "Propaganda. Espionage. Blackmail. Subversion. The 21st century versions of these are 'fake news,' hacking, kompromat, and 'political capture.'

"Their toolbox includes cultivating politicians through corrupt business deals, and then threatening to expose the illicit arrangements ... It includes acquiring control over vital sectors like energy to threaten and cajole dependent governments ... It includes 'fake news' and social-media attacks, often based on network penetrations and the information illegally gathered from them.''

Whitehouse said: "Senator Graham and I intend to hold public hearings to understand how Russia operates ... how this may or may not violate U.S. law ... [and the extent to which] gaps in our laws make us susceptible to many of the tactics we will discuss today.''
http://www.providencejournal.com/news/2 ... -elections
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 am

MARCH 17, 2017
Useless Eaters and Ethnic Purity: the Trump/Bannon War for Biological Nationhood
by CHRIS FLOYD

The Trump regime has defended its plan to cut the “Meals on Wheels” program by saying it “doesn’t show any results.” What kind of “results” are they talking about? The program delivers meals to shut-ins; the shut-ins eat the meal; they don’t starve to death. That is the result, and it happens all day every day. It is one of the most “resultful” programs in existence. But notice that the Trumpists aren’t saying we can’t afford the program; they are clearly saying it’s not delivering the results they want to see. And what are the only “results” produced by not delivering meals to the sick and shut-in who can’t provide for themselves? THEY WILL DIE.

Therefore, we can only conclude that the “result” Donald Trump and his ideological Svengali, Stephen Banon, are looking for is a higher death count for the sick and elderly. We know that throughout his public life, Trump has often expressed his belief in genetic superiority, that the right genes, the right blood are responsible for success in life. (Particularly his succes!) The flipside, of course, is that those who haven’t “succeeded” according to his lights, the people who are “weak” and “losers” (to quote two of his favorite epithets), are therefore genetically inferior. We know this is his belief from his own statements.

Bannon too pushes the idea of “nationhood” as a kind of ethnic purity, something beyond political, legal or economic factors. As Mother Jones pointed out this week, Bannon is a fan of French philosopher Charles Maurras, a rabid anti-Semite and Nazi collaborator. The story notes: “Bannon approvingly cited Maurras’ distinction between what the French philosopher called the ‘real country’ of the people and the ‘legal country’ led by government officials.” (MJ also notes that Maurras referred to the Third Republic as “the Jew State, the Masonic State, the immigrant State.” Anyone who has taken even a cursory look at the fever-swamps of the alt-right – of which Bannon claims proud godfathership – will instantly recognize this language.)

Maurras’s distinction of the “real county” and the “legal country” is precisely what Bannon was referring to in his recent CPAC appearance, where he declared that the goal of the Trump regime is the “deconstruction of the administrative state.” It is clear that he and Trump aim to destroy the “legal country”– the country of laws, institutions, constitutional citizenship, etc. – and replace it with the “real country” of a more ethnically pure state: a land of blood and soil, under the hand of authoritarian leaders who act according to mystical dictates of “race wisdom,” not the “alien” system of democracy and laws which apply to all citizens equally.

Trump ally King also made this crystal clear this week, explicitly saying you can’t “restore civilization” with “other people’s babies” and openly longing for that “homogenous” society of people who “look like each other.”

So by their own words, Trump and his allies believe in a biologically based “nation” led by “genetically superior leaders.” By their own words, that is what they are seeking to create. But how can you make a nation “great again” with so much “inferior” material out there? Why, you cull the herd, you cut off the “weak” and the “losers” and let them wither away and die.

I don’t think it can be denied any longer that this attitude — this aim – is an intrinsic element in the policies of the Trump regime and the Congressional extremists. The weak, the sick, the different, the “impure” and the “inferior” are to be made to disappear: by deportation, by bans, by walls – and by dying. For the moment, it doesn’t look like actual systematic mass extermination is on the cards; so perhaps we can call their present approach the “Semi-Final Solution.” But who knows what wonders await us down the line. As the late, great Leonard Cohen said: “I’ve seen the future, brother: it is murder.”
http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03/17/ ... ationhood/

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS SCUM OF THE EARTH TO GO DOWN

Trump ally King also made this crystal clear this week, explicitly saying you can’t “restore civilization” with “other people’s babies” and openly longing for that “homogenous” society of people who “look like each other.”

ANYONE THAT MAKES EXCUSES FOR THIS CRAP OR POSTS SHIT TO DIVERT ATTENTION FROM THEIR EVIL IS BEYOND THE PALE
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby conniption » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:29 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 am wrote:you're kidding right?

no, i'm not kidding...

do you live in the U.S.?

yes, i do live in the U.S.A...

do you read the news?

I don't read anything you post anymore...
conniption

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 am

Yea it's all over the news you don't have to read me to know ....but please don't lie about reading ..of course you are reading me :P

you are reading every word I post ...if not you wouldn't be so pissed

give me a break :lol:

why are you posting in this thread if you haven't read what I am posting and why are you so concerned about me :roll:

oh and one more thing you REALLY should have been honest about other stuff too

I know very well why you've turned on me and it isn't just because I post too much
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby conniption » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:39 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:14 am wrote:actually the hearings started the other day...it was pretty good ...I watched the whole thing ..you can watch it on CSPAN but I am sure you are not interested but I would have thought you keeping up on everything Russia you would have known about it

Sen. Whitehouse vows to get to bottom of Russian influence on elections

A U.S. Senate hearing into alleged Russian attempts to influence last year's U.S. elections with email hacks, cyberattacks and social-media driven fake news began with statements of frustration by Senators Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democrat, and Lindsey Graham, a Republican, that the FBI will not publicly verify — or refute — President Donald Trump's allegations that he was wire-tapped.

On March 8, the two senators co-signed a letter demanding that the FBI and the Department of Justice provide any surveillance warrant applications that exist for Trump, who accused his predecessor in a series of tweets of wire-tapping him and his campaign.

"We were informed by the FBI just a few minutes ago that they would be responding to our letter with a classified briefing to the chair and ranking member," said Graham at the outset of Wednesday's hearing by the Senate Judiciary Committee's "Crime and Terrorism Subcommittee'' on the Kremlin playbook for "undermining democracies across the world.''

"All I am suggesting is that we're at the point now, as a nation, where the current president has accused the former president of surveilling his campaign. And I'd like to be able to inform the American people whether or not there [is] any validity to that,'' Graham said.

Agreeing, Whitehouse, of Rhode Island, said it is not enough to provide select lawmakers with classified information in a private settings.
His analogy: "If a small town wakes up one morning to find that all the shop windows on Main Street have been smashed, it is ... incumbent on the police chief to reassure the town that law enforcement will be looking into that incident. It's even legitimate to say, 'Here are the people I've assigned to it.' And it's certainly legitimate to say, 'And we intend to get to the bottom of this.' "

Speaker after speaker warned that failure to respond to Russia's interference will guarantee even more aggressive acts of "war,'' as they were described by Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., by an "emboldened" Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

Graham, of South Carolina, said: "My main takeaway is that: if you forgive and forget Russia, you'll regret it because they are only going to get worse ... We want to deter not just Russia. We want to deter other countries like Iran and China that have had a checkered past in stuff like this."

The witnesses included a former Homeland Security adviser to President George W. Bush; the one-time president of the Republic of Estonia; and Heather Conley, a former deputy assistant secretary of state who authored a report titled "The Kremlin Playbook: Understanding Russian Influence in Central and Eastern Europe."

Conley told the lawmakers that Russia insinuates its influence through "biased news outlets, intelligence networks, Russian-financed non-governmental organizations, business linkages and friendly politicians.'' It also "takes advantage of preexisting institutional, political, and governance weaknesses and exploits them, typically through manipulation and corruption.''

'We must not lose sight,'' she said, "of their cumulative effect and overarching strategic objective: the weakening of U.S. global leadership and its dominance of the international system, the weakening and ultimate collapse of NATO and the EU and finally the breakdown of the internal coherence, credibility, and moral authority of Western democracies.''

Among the suggested actions: more aggressive tracking of Russia-linked financial flows and curbs on access to financial markets.

Graham and Whitehouse led the hearing in their respective roles as the chairman and ranking member of the subcommittee that has oversight over the FBI.

Whitehouse's opening statement began: "Propaganda. Espionage. Blackmail. Subversion. The 21st century versions of these are 'fake news,' hacking, kompromat, and 'political capture.'

"Their toolbox includes cultivating politicians through corrupt business deals, and then threatening to expose the illicit arrangements ... It includes acquiring control over vital sectors like energy to threaten and cajole dependent governments ... It includes 'fake news' and social-media attacks, often based on network penetrations and the information illegally gathered from them.''

Whitehouse said: "Senator Graham and I intend to hold public hearings to understand how Russia operates ... how this may or may not violate U.S. law ... [and the extent to which] gaps in our laws make us susceptible to many of the tactics we will discuss today.''
http://www.providencejournal.com/news/2 ... -elections

...and I should give a crap about what Lindsey Graham has to say?!

Who do you take me for?
conniption

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:41 am

I really don't care and I don't take you for anything ...unlike what you take me for

I'm not pissing on you....you've got that handled

I have NEVER gone after you..you have the right to post whatever you want (and turn on a dime) and so do I...although I do NOT turn on a dime

I have never turned on a friend here unlike some ......that's why I have so many friends even if they are just reading

sad to say republicans are the only ones that can get trumpty out of office

btw are you still NOT reading me? :P

cause it doesn't seem like it :)

of course you are...you are reading every single letter I type

and again this hearing today is just the BEGINNING of the end

Think Nixon...it will take awhile

and NEVER FORGET

Progressive Independent ....I won't

I am done with trump apologists .....I won't even reply to them anymore
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:56 am

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/03/19/n ... cy-theory/

Excelent article by Parry, deconstructing the hysterical, McCarthite myths behind the retarded RUSSIA loons such as Louise Mensch

Saturday, the Times devoted most of its op-ed page to the Times’ favorite conspiracy theory, that Trump is Vladimir Putin’s “Manchurian candidate” though evidence continues to be lacking.

The op-ed package combined a “What to Ask About Russian Hacking” article by Louise Mensch, a former Conservative member of the British Parliament who now works for Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation, and a connect-the-dots graphic that when filled out shows the Kremlin sitting atop the White House. But the featured article actually revealed how flimsy and wacky the Times’ conspiracy theory is.

Usually, an investigation doesn’t begin until there is specific evidence of a crime. For instance, the investigative articles that I have written over the years have always had information from insiders about how the misconduct had occurred before a single word was published.

In the early 1990s, for the investigation that I conducted for PBS “Frontline” into the so-called “October Surprise” case – whether Ronald Reagan’s campaign colluded with Iranians and others to sabotage President Jimmy Carter’s negotiations to free 52 American hostages in 1980 – we had some two dozen people providing information about those contacts from multiple perspectives – including from the U.S., Iran, Israel and Europe – before we aired the allegations.

We didn’t base our documentary on the suspicious circumstance that the Iranians held back the hostages until after Ronald Reagan was inaugurated President on Jan. 20, 1981, or on the point that Iran and the Republicans had motives to sandbag Carter. We didn’t casually throw out the names of a bunch of people who might have committed treason.

When we broadcast the documentary in April 1991, there was a strong evidentiary case of the Reagan’s campaign guilt – and even then we were highly circumspect in how we presented the story.

Ultimately, the 1980 “October Surprise” case came down to whether you believed the Republican denials or the two dozen or so witnesses who described how this operation was carried out with the help of the Israeli government, French intelligence, and former and current CIA officers – along with former CIA Director George H.W. Bush and future CIA Director William Casey.

In the end, Official Washington was never willing to accept that the beloved Ronald Reagan could have done something as dastardly as conspire with Iranians to delay the release of 52 American hostages. It didn’t matter what the evidence was or that Reagan quickly approved arms shipments to Iran via Israel in 1981, a prequel to the later Iran-Contra arms-for-hostages scandal of 1985-86.

No Direct Evidence

By contrast, what the current “Russia Owns Trump” allegations are completely lacking is an insider who describes any nefarious collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to arrange the Kremlin’s help in defeating Hillary Clinton and electing Donald Trump.

What we do have is President Barack Obama’s outgoing intelligence chiefs putting out evidence-free “assessments” that Russia was responsible for the “hacking” and the publicizing of two batches of Democratic emails, one from the Democratic National Committee and one from Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta.

The DNC emails revealed that top Democratic Party officials had violated their duty to remain neutral during the primaries and instead tilted the playing field in favor of Hillary Clinton and against Sen. Bernie Sanders. The Podesta emails exposed the contents of Clinton’s paid speeches to Wall Street, which she was trying to hide from voters, as well as some pay-to-play features of the Clinton Foundation.

When published by WikiLeaks last year, the emails embarrassed the Clinton campaign but were not regarded as a major factor in her defeat, which she blamed primarily on FBI Director James Comey’s decision to briefly reopen the investigation into whether she endangered national security by using a private email server while Secretary of State.

However, after the shock of Donald Trump’s election, Clinton supporters looked for reasons to block Trump’s inauguration or to set the stage for his impeachment. That was when Obama’s intelligence chiefs began circulating claims that Russia was behind the leaking of the Democratic emails as part of a scheme to put their favored candidate, Trump, in the White House.

The New York Times and other mainstream news outlets, which were strongly hostile to Trump, seized on the allegations, making them front-page news for the past several months despite the paucity of actual evidence that any collusion occurred or that the Russians were even the ones who obtained and distributed the emails.

WikiLeaks denied getting the material from the Russians, suggesting instead that two different American insiders were the sources.

A Witch Hunt?

How thin the Russia-Trump case is becomes evident in reading the Times’ op-ed by Louise Mensch. After introducing herself as someone who has “followed the Russian hacking story closely,” she lists 25 people by name, including various Trump advisers as well as Internet moguls Mark Zuckerberg and Peter Thiel, who should be hauled before the House Intelligence Committee for interrogation along with unnamed executives of several corporations and banks.

“There are many more who need to be called but these would be a first step,” Mensch wrote. In reviewing Mensch’s long article, it’s unclear if she’s proposing only a “fishing expedition” or would prefer a full-fledged “witch hunt.”

At one point earlier in this process, I wrote an article warning that the “investigation” could become something of a “did-you-talk-to-a-Russian” inquisition. Some readers probably felt I was going too far, but that now appears to be exactly what is happening.

Many of Mensch’s suggestions pertain to people associated with the Trump campaign who game speeches in Moscow or otherwise communicated with Russians. It appears any contact with a Russian, any discussion of disagreements between the U.S. and Russia, or any political comment that in any way echoes what some Russian may have said becomes “evidence” of collusion and treason.

The extremism of Mensch’s tendentious article is further illustrated by her suggestion that Trump should be impeached if there is any truth to his widely discredited tweet that Obama had ordered wiretaps on Trump Tower. She wrote:

“If … the president tweeted real news, he revealed the existence of intercepts that cover members of his team in a continuing investigation. That would be obstruction of justice, potentially an impeachable offense.”

Most of us who have reported on Trump’s bizarre “tapp” tweet have criticized him for making a serious charge without evidence (as well as his poor spelling), but Mensch seems to believe that the more serious offense would be if Trump somehow were telling the truth. She wants any truth-telling on this issue to be grounds for Trump’s impeachment, even though he may have been referring, in part, to her November article reporting on the FISA warrant that supposedly granted permission for members of Trump’s team to be put under electronic surveillance.

A Tinfoil Hat

To dramatize her arguments further, Mensch then demonstrates a thorough lack of knowledge about recent American history. She claims, “Never in American history has a president been suspected of collaborating with a hostile foreign power to win an election.”

Whatever you want to think about the 1980 October Surprise case – and there is substantial evidence that it was real – it definitely constituted an example in American history when a president was “suspected of collaborating with a hostile foreign power to win an election.”

Another case in 1968, which now even The New York Times grudgingly accepts, involved Richard Nixon colluding with the South Vietnamese government to torpedo President Lyndon Johnson’s Paris peace talks to assure Nixon’s election. Although South Vietnam was then an ally, the allegations about Nixon also included outreach to North Vietnam, although Hanoi ended up sending a delegation to Paris while Saigon did not.

Yet, what is perhaps most shocking about Mensch’s op-ed and its prominent placement by the Times is that the story has all the elements of a “tinfoil-hat” conspiracy. It’s the sort of wild-eyed smearing of American citizens that the Times would normally deride as an offensive fantasy that would be mentioned only to mock the conspiracists.

But the Times is now so deep into its campaign to demonize Russia and to destroy Trump that all normal journalistic standards have long ago been tossed out the window.

While there are many valid reasons to protest Trump and his policies, this descent into a New McCarthyism is both grotesque (because it impugns the patriotism of Americans without evidence, only breathless questions) and dangerous (because it escalates the New Cold War with Russia, a confrontation that could stumble into a nuclear holocaust).

At such moments, supposedly serious newspapers like The New York Times should show extraordinary caution and care, not a reckless disregard for truth and fairness. But no one in Official Washington seems willing to play the role of attorney Joseph Welch when he finally stood up to Sen. Joe McCarthy with the famous question, “At long last, have you left no sense of decency?”
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 am

Donald Trump's disregard for words – and truth – is finally catching up with him
Lawrence Douglas
His surreal wiretapping allegations against Obama and the GCHQ – as well as his comments on ‘banning Muslims’ – cost him politically this week
donald trump
‘’Nonsense … utterly ridiculous,’’declared the GCHQ.’ Photograph: JIM_BOURG/Reuters

Saturday 18 March 2017 11.55 EDT First published on Saturday 18 March 2017 06.00 EDT
The bizarre allegations did not come courtesy of Vladimir Putin. Their source was not a mayhem-spreading autocrat eager to drive a wedge between firm democratic allies. No, they came directly from the White House itself.

On Thursday, in a surreal news briefing, Press Secretary Sean Spicer amplified on the president’s claim that his predecessor in the Oval Office had wiretapped the phones of then-candidate Trump. Reading from statements made by a commentator on Fox News, Spicer claimed that Obama “didn’t use the NSA, he didn’t use the CIA, he didn’t use the FBI and he didn’t use the Department of Justice. He used GCHQ’’ – the Government Communications Headquarters, the British intelligence agency.

The response from Britain has been a tad more vehement than what we’ve come to expect from our friends across the pond. “Complete garbage … rubbish,” said the former chairman of the British Parliament’s intelligence committee. “Nonsense … utterly ridiculous,” declared the GCHQ.

'That's not how it works': Trump's grasp of Nato questioned
Read more
And while the White House, in effort to smooth deeply ruffled British feathers, has agreed not repeat the president’s scandalous claim, the president himself has assumed a characteristically more defiant stance. “We said nothing,” Trump insisted this afternoon at a joint White House news conference with Chancellor Angela Merkel. “All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn’t make an opinion on it.”

Anyone familiar with Trump will recognize this tactic. It is the same sleazy dodge he employed during the primaries in peddling a photo allegedly showing Ted Cruz’s father in the company of Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald. Don’t ask me, ask the National Enquirer.

Incredibly, Trump has never had to pay a political price for his malign speech, shameless evasions and legion lies. To the contrary. By treating words as potent and weightless – potent, as tools to skewer opponents; and weightless, without lasting consequence – he greased his way to a spectacular political rise.

Until now. In the past three days, in the worlds of law and diplomacy, the president has been confronted with the consequences of his inflammatory speech. On Wednesday, Judge Derrick Watson issued a temporary restraining order blocking the administration’s revamped travel ban.

In concluding that the revised travel ban was “issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion,” Judge Watson did a shocking thing – he took the president at his word. Having heard the president call for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States,” Judge Watson did not accept the revised order’s quiet assurance that it “was not motivated by animus toward any religion.” Apparently a federal court will not let Trump unsay his earlier characterizations of the travel ban with the alacrity that Breitbart lets him unsay his touting of the birther myth.

What is it with Trump and handshakes? This is getting awkward
Moustafa Bayoumi
Read more
The British are now trying to teach Trump a similar hard lesson. But Trump is a stubborn or dull pupil. In refusing to utter a word of regret, much less apology, he is sticking to his tried and true script. Apologies are recognitions of mistake and Trump by his own lights commits none.

And yet whether he acknowledges it or not, his words are costing him – not with his core supporters or his minions in the media, but with the coordinate branches of government and abroad.

The director of the FBI has dismissed the charges against Obama as false. The Republican chairmen of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees have said they have seen nothing to suggest that Mr. Trump’s claim is true. And Friday, Representative Tom Cole, a prominent Republican congressman, described Trump’s accusation as “reckless,” adding, “I think President Obama is owed an apology.”

Again – we shouldn’t hold our breath. But nor should President Trump in the expectation that this will all go away. A president prone to conspiracy theories makes wild claims that turn members of his own government against him. It has the making of a blockbuster political thriller. One we just happen to be living.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... collection
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:16 am

first name out of the box during Schiff's opening remarks

CARTER PAGE :P

next

PAUL MANAFORT :P :P

next

ROGER STONE :P :P :P

next

Gen. Flynn....LIED..IS PRAISED BY TRUMP

Schiff: Russia Weaponized cyberwarfare Operations to damage Clinton. Did Americans assist Russian using Bribery, blackmail?

Schiff quoting from the Steele dossier! :P :P :P

Is it possible all this is a coincidence ...yes possible .... :evilgrin

Yep Conways husband DID represent a company charged with bribing Russian officials
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:00 am

According to Trump, Comey is now investigating fake news. So shouldn't Trump fire him?

Republicans desperately push media leaks over Russian actual intelligence ops against USA.

Comey
ByJOSH MARSHALLPublishedMARCH 20, 2017, 10:45 AM EDT
Comey: "I've been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI as part of our counterintelligence mission is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia's efforts."

The significance is all in the final clause. This is a continuing investigation - last issue is not resolved.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog

Comey drops the bombshell that the FBI is investigating the Trump campaign for ties to Russia and Devin Nunes immediately pivots to leaks.

. DIRNSA refutes Trump assertion. GCHQ claim false & illegal. Agreed Brit statement that it was "ridiculous & nonsense"

asks about Roger Stone adv awareness Wikileaks & Podesta emails. Comey refuses comment. That hints link to investigation

John Schindler‏Verified account @20committee 3m3 minutes ago

Comey just hinted, by omission, that IC+FBI have classified information about Roger Stone's collusion with Wikileaks & Moscow.

Whoopsie...

John Schindler‏Verified account @20committee 17h17 hours ago
I've tracked Russia's global disinformation network for 2 decades. Putin's lie machine now includes the White House.

John Schindler‏Verified account @20committee 17m17 minutes ago

Gowdy's just beclowning himself. We get it: leaks are bad. Very bad.

Forcing FBI dir to state AGAIN it's illegal.

Missing word: Russia.

Oh good. Trey Gowdy now questioning whether journalists can be prosecuted for reporting on classified information.

Malcolm Nance‏Verified account
@MalcolmNance

14. @TGowdySC now playing role of McCarthy by naming Dem admin pers to lay out case to investigate them. Wow! Moscows tool. #RussiaHearings
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:36 am

Comey says Russia/Trump campaign investigation has been going on since late July.

Malcolm Nance‏Verified account @MalcolmNance 10s10 seconds ago
15. @AdamSchiffCA get Comey to admit There was a "cut out" (3rd party) operating between Russian intelligence and WikiLeaks. Who?

Rep. Himes: "Our new president will attack anyone." Hamilton cast, Streep, Australia. But not one: Putin.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion