Draining the Swamp

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Draining the Swamp

Postby OP ED » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:56 am

Detroit doesn't have a real metro. There's nothing coherent unless you want to ride in circles around the plaza and pretend Ford still pays a living wage. You can't ride from there to here, even though its close enough to hear the gunfire.

(Although that's closer to here now, because the people moved away from there, long ago)

Obama made Aleppo and Detroit worse, and his following eagerly applauded. I'm not voting for your murderous proxy thugs anymore. When the rest of you see Detroit in your yard maybe you'll take the responsibility for Aleppo more seriously. If not, God help you, because he isn't helping anyone else.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:02 am

brekin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:37 pm wrote:
Nordic wrote:
I think the difference is that there isn't the gesture of pretending to give a shit anymore.
People need hope to operate and this has evaporated it for many.
Obama was able to get away with doing a lot of bad and not doing a lot of good because he symbolized hope, even if he didn't deliver on much of anything.

You just listed another reason why this current situation is a freaking improvement.
Obama was the opiate of the whole fucking country.
You snooze, you lose. We lost. A lot. Almost everything. SHIT they still can't shut up about sending forces into Syria and no fly zones and Evil Russia.
And then there was the TPP which came "this close" to being signed.
Now people can clearly see what the government, and America, is all about.
We're about to have our own American Spring" at the aptly named Standing Rock.
But you'd rather return to the anesthesia and let them steal our internal organs?
That makes no sense. "Hope" my ass. Hope is a lie. You have to quit hoping and fucking do something.

I don't think so. No improvement, just closer to the point of no return. There is a difference between Aleppo and Detroit. For those who think Detroit turning into Aleppo will magically unmask the powerbrokers and turn all your neighbors into Green Party patriots need to ask yourself one question. Why should it?

Often conditions getting better foment more rebellion and reform.

lot...wut? Yeah, conditions were so amazing in the 1960s...hence the strong coalition of black civil rights, womens rights, anti war students, stonewall, etc...cuz, shit was super rosy in 1960's! :)

Aleppo is just another example of how half a million fellow humans can evaporate in a few short years like under Bush and Obama's wars, and noone gives a shit. And one is called out as "racist" by the SJW left
for hating how many young black men are gunned down by other young black men in Detroit, regardless of the social and economic breakdowns given...while racist right wing fucktards refuse to stand in solidarity to black men being gunned down every week by police and native americans are being brutalized by the state in Dakota

seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:50 pm wrote:if Betrayus gets the nod...he will have to check with his probation officer before leaving the country :wallhead:

I read about that! God, the irony. Im the first one to admit that Hillary's "emails" were a big to-do about nothing.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:05 am

OP ED » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:56 am wrote:Detroit doesn't have a real metro. There's nothing coherent unless you want to ride in circles around the plaza and pretend Ford still pays a living wage. You can't ride from there to here, even though its close enough to hear the gunfire.

(Although that's closer to here now, because the people moved away from there, long ago)

Obama made Aleppo and Detroit worse, and his following eagerly applauded. I'm not voting for your murderous proxy thugs anymore. When the rest of you see Detroit in your yard maybe you'll take the responsibility for Aleppo more seriously. If not, God help you, because he isn't helping anyone else.

Last night I watched Robocop 1 and 2, which is of course a 1980s cyberpunk fantasy of Detroit being bought out by AI tech corporations...while I also am reading how-to guides for lofty yuppy hipsters in how to
Oklahoma land run and gentrify Detroit to their safe space artisinal kale sandwich shop
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby General Patton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:06 am

OT but The emails were a very big thing, having SecState communications (extremely high priority target) easily intercepted by anyone that wants them is a giant, huge, mega big thing. If she wasn't Clinton she would be facing a certain prison sentence for that, but that's political dynasties for ya.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby Rory » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:23 pm

I agree, GP

I don't get why people persist in the nothingburger myth. They represent a breach of national data security, and cast iron evidence of treasonous graft and corruption. Not to mention the real world externalities of who got those State Department deals and how the consequences influence and eventually blowback into US geo/domestic economic life.
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Frightened by Donald Trump? You don’t know the half of it
George Monbiot

Many of his staffers are from an opaque corporate misinformation network. We must understand this if we are to have any hope of fighting back against them
Myron Ebell
‘For years, Myron Ebell has attacked efforts to limit climate change, through lobbying, lawsuits and campaigns.’ Photograph: Jonathan Becker

Wednesday 30 November 2016 01.00 EST

Yes, Donald Trump’s politics are incoherent. But those who surround him know just what they want, and his lack of clarity enhances their power. To understand what is coming, we need to understand who they are. I know all too well, because I have spent the past 15 years fighting them.

Trump’s climate denial is just one of the forces that point towards war

Over this time, I have watched as tobacco, coal, oil, chemicals and biotech companies have poured billions of dollars into an international misinformation machine composed of thinktanks, bloggers and fake citizens’ groups. Its purpose is to portray the interests of billionaires as the interests of the common people, to wage war against trade unions and beat down attempts to regulate business and tax the very rich. Now the people who helped run this machine are shaping the government.

I first encountered the machine when writing about climate change. The fury and loathing directed at climate scientists and campaigners seemed incomprehensible until I realised they were fake: the hatred had been paid for. The bloggers and institutes whipping up this anger were funded by oil and coal companies.

Among those I clashed with was Myron Ebell of the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI). The CEI calls itself a thinktank, but looks to me like a corporate lobbying group. It is not transparent about its funding, but we now know it has received $2m from ExxonMobil, more than $4m from a group called the Donors Trust (which represents various corporations and billionaires), $800,000 from groups set up by the tycoons Charles and David Koch, and substantial sums from coal, tobacco and pharmaceutical companies.

For years, Ebell and the CEI have attacked efforts to limit climate change, through lobbying, lawsuits and campaigns. An advertisement released by the institute had the punchline “Carbon dioxide: they call it pollution. We call it life.”

Corey Lewandowski
Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, like other members of Trump’s team, came from a group called Americans for Prosperity. Photograph: UPI/Barcroft Images
It has sought to eliminate funding for environmental education, lobbied against the Endangered Species Act, harried climate scientists and campaigned in favour of mountaintop removal by coal companies. In 2004, Ebell sent a memo to one of George W Bush’s staffers calling for the head of the Environmental Protection Agency to be sacked. Where is Ebell now? Oh – leading Trump’s transition team for the Environmental Protection Agency.

Trump's conflicts of interest: a visual guide
Read more
Charles and David Koch – who for years have funded extreme pro-corporate politics – might not have been enthusiasts for Trump’s candidacy, but their people were all over his campaign. Until June, Trump’s campaign manager was Corey Lewandowski, who like other members of Trump’s team came from a group called Americans for Prosperity (AFP).

This purports to be a grassroots campaign, but it was founded and funded by the Koch brothers. It set up the first Tea Party Facebook page and organised the first Tea Party events. With a budget of hundreds of millions of dollars, AFP has campaigned ferociously on issues that coincide with the Koch brothers’ commercial interests in oil, gas, minerals, timber and chemicals.

In Michigan, it helped force through the “right to work bill”, in pursuit of what AFP’s local director called “taking the unions out at the knees”. It has campaigned nationwide against action on climate change. It has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into unseating the politicians who won’t do its bidding and replacing them with those who will.

I could fill this newspaper with the names of Trump staffers who have emerged from such groups: people such as Doug Domenech, from the Texas Public Policy Foundation, funded among others by the Koch brothers, Exxon and the Donors Trust; Barry Bennett, whose Alliance for America’s Future (now called One Nation) refused to disclose its donors when challenged; and Thomas Pyle, president of the American Energy Alliance, funded by Exxon and others. This is to say nothing of Trump’s own crashing conflicts of interest. Trump promised to “drain the swamp” of the lobbyists and corporate stooges working in Washington. But it looks as if the only swamps he’ll drain will be real ones, as his team launches its war on the natural world.

How far is too far for Donald Trump?
Understandably, there has been plenty of coverage of the racists and white supremacists empowered by Trump’s victory. But, gruesome as they are, they’re peripheral to the policies his team will develop. It’s almost comforting, though, to focus on them, for at least we know who they are and what they stand for. By contrast, to penetrate the corporate misinformation machine is to enter a world of mirrors. Spend too long trying to understand it, and the hyporeality vortex will inflict serious damage on your state of mind.

Don’t imagine that other parts of the world are immune. Corporate-funded thinktanks and fake grassroots groups are now everywhere. The fake news we should be worried about is not stories invented by Macedonian teenagers about Hillary Clinton selling arms to Islamic State, but the constant feed of confected scares about unions, tax and regulation drummed up by groups that won’t reveal their interests.

The less transparent they are, the more airtime they receive. The organisation Transparify runs an annual survey of thinktanks. This year’s survey reveals that in the UK only four thinktanks – the Adam Smith Institute, Centre for Policy Studies, Institute of Economic Affairs and Policy Exchange – “still consider it acceptable to take money from hidden hands behind closed doors”. And these are the ones that are all over the media.

When the Institute of Economic Affairs, as it so often does, appears on the BBC to argue against regulating tobacco, shouldn’t we be told that it has been funded by tobacco companies since 1963? There’s a similar pattern in the US: the most vocal groups tend to be the most opaque.

As usual, the left and centre (myself included) are beating ourselves up about where we went wrong. There are plenty of answers, but one of them is that we have simply been outspent. Not by a little, but by orders of magnitude. A few billion dollars spent on persuasion buys you all the politics you want. Genuine campaigners, working in their free time, simply cannot match a professional network staffed by thousands of well-paid, unscrupulous people.

You cannot confront a power until you know what it is. Our first task in this struggle is to understand what we face. Only then can we work out what to do.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nformation
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Morty » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Don’t imagine that other parts of the world are immune. Corporate-funded thinktanks and fake grassroots groups are now everywhere. The fake news we should be worried about is not stories invented by Macedonian teenagers about Hillary Clinton selling arms to Islamic State, but the constant feed of confected scares about unions, tax and regulation drummed up by groups that won’t reveal their interests.

Looks as if George did his civic duty (even though he's a Pom!) and refused to read any of Hillary's Wikileaks emails. Else I'd have to look for other reasons why he speaks with such apparent ignorance here. I don't have a problem with the rest of his piece.
Morty

Postby brekin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:59 pm

8bitagent » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:02 am wrote:
brekin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:37 pm wrote:
Nordic wrote:
I think the difference is that there isn't the gesture of pretending to give a shit anymore.
People need hope to operate and this has evaporated it for many.
Obama was able to get away with doing a lot of bad and not doing a lot of good because he symbolized hope, even if he didn't deliver on much of anything.

You just listed another reason why this current situation is a freaking improvement.
Obama was the opiate of the whole fucking country.
You snooze, you lose. We lost. A lot. Almost everything. SHIT they still can't shut up about sending forces into Syria and no fly zones and Evil Russia.
And then there was the TPP which came "this close" to being signed.
Now people can clearly see what the government, and America, is all about.
We're about to have our own American Spring" at the aptly named Standing Rock.
But you'd rather return to the anesthesia and let them steal our internal organs?
That makes no sense. "Hope" my ass. Hope is a lie. You have to quit hoping and fucking do something.

I don't think so. No improvement, just closer to the point of no return. There is a difference between Aleppo and Detroit. For those who think Detroit turning into Aleppo will magically unmask the powerbrokers and turn all your neighbors into Green Party patriots need to ask yourself one question. Why should it?

Often conditions getting better foment more rebellion and reform.

lot...wut? Yeah, conditions were so amazing in the 1960s...hence the strong coalition of black civil rights, womens rights, anti war students, stonewall, etc...cuz, shit was super rosy in 1960's! :)

Hello! Yes, conditions in the 1960's were amazing compared to the 1950's, 40's, 30's for minorities, women's, gay's, anti-war activists, etc. Popular culture was on the side of anti-war movement and anti-establishment, going you own way, fighting the man, etc. IT was HIP to be doing those things. Not so HIP before. "Unpopular war" didn't exist in the mainstream consciousness much before that, the 60's were an era of abundance for many where you could afford to not be locked into the rat race if you chose to drop out for awhile, there was an explosion of "ethnic" "folk" "race consciousness". A minority of people were dying in Vietnam compared to other wars, etc. I could go on and on.

Aleppo is just another example of how half a million fellow humans can evaporate in a few short years like under Bush and Obama's wars, and noone gives a shit. And one is called out as "racist" by the SJW left for hating how many young black men are gunned down by other young black men in Detroit, regardless of the social and economic breakdowns given...while racist right wing fucktards refuse to stand in solidarity to black men being gunned down every week by police and native americans are being brutalized by the state in Dakota

Sure, but if no one gives a shit now, when they can afford to. Why will they when they can't afford to?
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 am

Trump's Secretary of Defense Presided Over Slaughter of Civilians in Fallujah
Friday, 02 December 2016 00:00
By Marjorie Cohn, Truthout | News Analysis
Gen. James Mattis at his confirmation hearing in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee in Washington, July 27, 2010. President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Mattis as his pick for secretary of defense. (Photo: Brendan Smialowski / The New York Times)

President-elect Donald Trump has selected retired Marine General James Mattis to exercise civilian control over the Department of Defense. Originally known as the Department of War, it was renamed Department of Defense in 1949. But war is precisely what Mattis, known as "Mad Dog," has enthusiastically done throughout his career.

In 2005, Mattis declared, "It's fun to shoot some people." That was one year after he oversaw the Battle of Fallujah in Iraq, which began in April 2004, after four Blackwater Security Consulting mercenaries were killed and their bodies mutilated. In retaliation, US forces attacked the village and killed 736 people. At least 60 percent of them were women and children, according to independent journalist Dahr Jamail, who interviewed doctors at Fallujah General Hospital and at other small clinics inside the city both during and after the April siege.

In November 2004 NBC News correspondent Kevin Sites, embedded with the US Marines, heard Staff Sgt. Sam Mortimer radio that "everything to the west is weapons free." Weapons Free, explained Sites, "means the Marines can shoot whatever they see -- it's all considered hostile." The rules of engagement come from the top, and Mattis was in charge.

Collective punishment against an occupied population constitutes a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention. Yet, according to the Study Centre for Human Rights and Democracy, the US attack on Fallujah in November 2004 killed between 4,000 and 6,000 civilians. Targeting civilians is a war crime.

Mattis' enthusiasm for battle may lead us into a war with Iran. A vigorous critic of the nuclear deal with Iran, Mattis said in an April 2016 speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies that the Iranian regime is "the single most enduring threat to stability and peace in the Middle East." He added, however, "there's no going back" on the deal and it would be an issue for the next president.

CIA Director John Brennan recently warned of the dangers of canceling the Iran deal, saying it would be "disastrous" and "the height of folly." In a BBC interview, Brennan explained that dismantling the deal would set off an arms race in the Middle East and embolden the hard-liners in the Iranian government.

To his credit, Mattis has been clear-eyed about blowback from US policy on Israel. He noted the United States is paying a "security price" in the Middle East because the US is considered biased in favor of Israel, and Israel is in danger of becoming an "apartheid" state.

"I paid a military security price every day as a commander of CENTCOM because the Americans were seen as biased in support of Israel," Mattis said at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado in 2013, adding that this perception undercuts support from "all the moderate Arabs who want to be with us, because they can't come out publicly in support of people who don't show respect for the Arab Palestinians."

Mattis criticized Israel for building settlements in the occupied West Bank, saying they "are going to make it impossible to maintain the two-state option." He added that the settlements might weaken Israel as a Jewish and Democratic state and could lead to apartheid.

"If I'm in Jerusalem and I put 500 Jewish settlers out here to the east and there's 10,000 Arab settlers in here, if we draw the border to include them, either it ceases to be a Jewish state or you say the Arabs don't get to vote -- apartheid," Mattis said.

Also to his credit, Mattis opposes torture -- because it doesn't work. During the presidential campaign, Trump pledged to reinstitute waterboarding, saying he would "bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding" because suspected terrorists "deserve it anyway, for what they're doing."

Waterboarding has long been considered torture, which is a war crime. Indeed, after World War II, the United States tried, convicted and hanged Japanese military leaders for waterboarding.

Trump may have changed his mind about torture after conferring with Mattis. Trump told The New York Times that when he asked Mattis what the general thought of waterboarding, Mattis replied, "I've never found it to be useful. I've always found, give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I do better with that than I do with torture." Trump said he was "very impressed by that answer. I was surprised, because [Mattis is] known as being like the toughest guy."

Indeed, former high-level FBI interrogators, including Ali Soufan and Dan Coleman, maintain that a person being tortured will say anything to get the torture to stop -- even providing false information. The best results, interrogators add, are obtained with humane methods.

Moreover, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence concluded, "the use of the CIA's enhanced interrogation techniques was not an effective means of obtaining accurate information or gaining detainee cooperation."

"If there's any concern at all [about Mattis], it's the principle of civilian control over the military. This role was never intended to be a kind of Joint Chiefs of Staff on steroids, and that's the biggest single risk tied to Mattis," a former senior Pentagon official told The Washington Post. The framers of the Constitution were wary of putting the military in charge of making foreign policy, which explicitly resides in the executive branch; that is, the president as commander-in-chief and his secretary of defense.

Trump has also chosen notorious hawks Michael Flynn for National Security Advisor and Mike Pompeo for CIA Director.

But the president-elect has stated, "We will use military force only in cases of vital necessity to the national security of the United States. We will put an end to attempts of imposing democracy and overthrowing regimes abroad, as well as involving ourselves in situations in which we have no right to intervene."

Let's hope Trump can maintain that position in the face of inevitable militaristic advice from Mattis, Flynn and Pompeo. Trump frequently makes contradictory statements about foreign policy. During the campaign, he insisted that he opposed the Iraq War and Libya regime change, when in fact he supported both. In fact, Trump called for all US troops in the Middle East to overthrow Libyan president Muammar Gaddafi.

It is our challenge to hold Trump's feet to the fire in every way we can -- speaking out, writing, demonstrating, and pressuring Congress and the White House. We cannot relent in demanding peace.
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3860 ... n-fallujah

Nordic » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:46 am wrote:
Then Petraeus personally delivered the black books to a residence where Broadwell was staying in Washington, D.C. A few days later, he returned to retrieve them.

Holy shit!!!

It's not like they were sitting around, or lounging around in bed, where he let her look over them while he looked on, he fucking DROPPED THEM OFF AT A HOUSE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS!!!!

Im actually, genuinely shocked at this.

How is it he's not going to the gallows for this??

No Nordic instead of going to the gallows he maybe become Sec of State

David Petraeus resigns as CIA chief citing affair
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35687&hilit=David+Petraeus

Gen. David Petraeus in a photo with his biographer/mistress Paula Broadwell. (U.S. government photo)
Gen. David Petraeus posing before the U.S. Capitol with Kimberly Kagan, founder and president of the Institute for the Study of War, the wife of Frederick Kagan. (Photo credit: ISW’s 2011 Annual Report)
Trump Ponders Petraeus for Senior Job
November 30, 2016

Exclusive: President-elect Trump’s promise to “drain the swamp” of Washington seems forgotten — like so many political promises — as he meets with swamp creatures, such as disgraced Gen. David Petraeus, says ex-CIA analyst Ray McGovern.

By Ray McGovern

The news that President-elect Donald Trump called in disgraced retired Gen. David Petraeus for a job interview as possible Secretary of State tests whether Trump’s experience in hosting “The Celebrity Apprentice” honed his skills for spotting an incompetent phony or not.

Does Trump need more data than the continuing bedlam in Iraq and Afghanistan to understand that one can earn a Princeton PhD by writing erudite-sounding drivel about “counterinsurgency” and still flunk war? Granted, the shambles in which Petraeus left Iraq and Afghanistan were probably more a result of his overweening careerism and political ambition than his misapplication of military strategy. But does that make it any more excusable?

In 2007, Adm. William Fallon, commander of CENTCOM with four decades of active-duty experience behind him, quickly took the measure of Petraeus, who was one of his subordinates while implementing a “surge” of over 30,000 U.S. troops into Iraq.

Several sources reported that Fallon was sickened by Petraeus’s unctuous pandering to ingratiate himself. Fallon is said to have been so turned off by all the accolades in the flowery introduction given him by Petraeus that he called him to his face “an ass-kissing little chickenshit,” adding, “I hate people like that.” Sadly, Petraeus’s sycophancy is not uncommon among general officers. Uncommon was Fallon’s outspoken candor.

The past decade has shown that obsequiousness to those above him and callousness toward others are two of Petraeus’s most notable character traits. They go along with his lack of military acumen and his dishonesty as revealed in his lying to the FBI about handing over top-secret notebooks to his biographer/lover, an “indiscretion” that would have landed a less well-connected person in jail but instead got him only a mild slap on the wrist (via a misdemeanor guilty plea).

Indeed, Petraeus, the epitome of a “political general,” represents some of the slimiest depths of the Washington “swamp” that President-elect Trump has vowed to drain. Petraeus cares desperately about the feelings of his fellow elites but shows shocking disdain for the suffering of other human beings who are not so important.

In early 2011 in Afghanistan, Petraeus shocked aides to then-President Hamid Karzai after many children were burned to death in a “coalition” attack in northeastern Afghanistan by suggesting that Afghan parents may have burned their own children to exaggerate their claims of civilian casualties and discredit the U.S., reported The Washington Post, citing two participants at the meeting.

“Killing 60 people, and then blaming the killing on those same people, rather than apologizing for any deaths? This is inhuman,” one Afghan official said. “This is a really terrible situation.”

Yet, on other occasions, the politically savvy Petraeus can be a paragon of sensitivity – like when he is in danger of getting crosswise with the Israel Lobby.

Never did Petraeus’s fawning shine through with more brilliance, than when an (unintentionally disclosed) email exchange showed him groveling before arch-neocon Max Boot, beseeching Boot’s help in fending off charges that Petraeus was “anti-Israel” because his prepared testimony to a congressional committee included the no-brainer observations that Israeli-Palestinian hostility presents “distinct challenges to our ability to advance our interests” and that “this conflict foments anti-American sentiment, due to a perception of U.S. favoritism for Israel. … Meanwhile, al-Qaeda and other militant groups exploit that anger to mobilize support.”

So, telling the truth (perhaps accidentally in prepared testimony) made Petraeus squirm with fear about offending the powerful Israel Lobby, but he apparently didn’t hesitate to lie to FBI agents when he was caught in a tight spot for sharing highly sensitive intelligence with Paula Broadwell, his mistress/biographer. But, again, Petraeus realized that it helps to have influential friends. A court gave him a slap on the wrist with a sentence of two years probation and a fine of $100,000 – which is less than he usually makes for a single speaking engagement.

Military Incompetent Without Parallel

And, if President-elect Trump isn’t repulsed by the stench of hypocrisy – if he ignores Petraeus’s reckless handling of classified material after Trump lambasted Hillary Clinton for her own careless behavior in that regard – there is also the grim truth behind Petraeus’s glitzy image.

David Petraeus, a two-star general during the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, with Lt. Gen. William S. Wallace.
As a military strategist or even a trainer of troops, Petraeus has been an unparalleled disaster. Yes, the corporate media always runs interference for Official Washington’s favorite general. But that does not equate with genuine success.

The Iraq “surge,” which Petraeus oversaw, was misrepresented in the corporate media as a huge victory – because it was credited with a brief dip in the level of violence at the cost of some 1,000 American lives (and those of many more Iraqis) – but the “surge” failed its principal goal of buying time to heal the rift between Shiites and Sunnis, a division that ultimately led to the emergence of the Islamic State (or ISIS).

Then, in early 2014, the crackerjack Iraqi troops whom Petraeus bragged about training ran away from Mosul, leaving their modern U.S.-provided weapons behind for the Islamic State’s jihadists to play with.

In part because of that collapse – with Iraqi forces only now beginning to chip away at ISIS control of Mosul – the Obama administration was dragged into another Mideast war, spilling across Iraq and Syria and adding to the droves of refugees pouring into Europe, a crisis that is now destabilizing the European Union.

You might have thought that the combination of military failures and scandalous behavior would have ended David Petraeus’s “government service,” but he has never lost his skill at putting his finger to the wind.

During the presidential campaign, the windsock Petraeus was circumspect, which was understandable given the uncertainty regarding which way the wind was blowing.

However, on Sept. 1, 2015, amid calls from the mainstream U.S. media and establishment think tanks for President Obama to escalate the U.S. proxy war to overthrow the Syrian government, Petraeus spoke out in favor of giving more weapons to “moderate” Syrian rebels, despite the widespread recognition that U.S.-supplied guns and rockets were ending up in the hands of Al Qaeda’s Nusra Front.

The new harebrained scheme – favored by Petraeus and other neocons – fantasized about Al Qaeda possibly joining the fight against the Islamic State, although ISIS sprang from Al Qaeda and splintered largely over tactical issues, such as how quickly to declare a jihadist state, not over fundamental fundamentalist goals.

But more miscalculations in the Middle East would be right up Petraeus’s alley. He played an important role in facilitating the emergence of the Islamic State by his too-clever-by-half policy of co-opting some Sunni tribes with promises of shared power in Baghdad and with lots of money, and then simply looking the other way as the U.S.-installed Shia government in Baghdad ditched the promises.

Surge? Or Splurge With Lives

The so-called “surges” of troops into Iraq and Afghanistan are particularly gross examples of the way American soldiers have been used as expendable pawns by ambitious generals like Petraeus and ambitious politicians like former Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

Former CIA Director (and later Defense Secretary) Robert Gates.
Former CIA Director (and later Defense Secretary) Robert Gates.
The problem is that overweening personal ambition can end up getting a lot of people killed. In the speciously glorified first “surge,” President George W. Bush sent more than 30,000 additional troops into Iraq in early 2007. During the period of the “surge,” about 1,000 U.S. troops died.

There was a similar American death toll during President Barack Obama’s “surge” of another 30,000 troops into Afghanistan in early 2010, a shift toward a counterinsurgency strategy that had been pressed on Obama by Petraeus, Gates and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Despite the loss of those 1,000 additional U.S. soldiers, the counterinsurgency “surge” had little effect on the course of the Afghan War.

The bloody chaos that continues in Iraq today and in the never-ending war in Afghanistan was entirely predictable. Indeed, it was predicted by those of us able to spread some truth around via the Internet, while being blacklisted by the fawning corporate media, which cheered on the “surges” and their chief architect, David Petraeus.

But the truth is not something that thrives in either U.S. politics or media these days. Campaigning early this year in New Hampshire, then-presidential aspirant Jeb Bush gave a short partial-history lesson about his big brother’s attack on Iraq. Referring to the so-called Islamic State, Bush said, “ISIS didn’t exist when my brother was president. ‘Al Qaeda in Iraq’ was wiped out … the surge created a fragile but stable Iraq. …”

Jeb Bush is partially right about ISIS; it didn’t exist when his brother George attacked Iraq. Indeed, Al Qaeda didn’t exist in Iraq until after the U.S. invasion when it emerged as “Al Qaeda in Iraq” and it wasn’t eliminated by the “surge.”

With huge sums of U.S. cash going to Sunni tribes in Anbar province, Al Qaeda in Iraq just pulled back and regrouped. Its top leaders came from the ranks of angry Sunnis who had been officers in Saddam Hussein’s army and – when the “surge” failed to achieve reconciliation between Sunnis and Shiites – the U.S. cash proved useful in expanding Sunni resistance to Baghdad’s Shiite government. From the failed “surge” strategy emerged the rebranded “Al Qaeda in Iraq,” the Islamic State.

So, despite Jeb Bush’s attempted spin, the reality is that his brother’s aggressive war in Iraq created both “Al Qaeda in Iraq” and its new incarnation, Islamic State.

The mess was made worse by subsequent U.S. strategy – beginning under Bush and expanding under President Obama – of supporting insurgents in Syria. By supplying money, guns and rockets to “moderate” Sunni rebels, that strategy has allowed the materiel to quickly fall into the hands of Al Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate, Nusra Front, and its jihadist allies, Ahrar al-Sham.

In other words, U.S. strategy – much of it guided by David Petraeus – continues to strengthen Al Qaeda, which – through its Nusra affiliate and its Islamic State spin-off – now occupies large swaths of Iraq and Syria.

Escaping a ‘Lost War’

All this is among the fateful consequences of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq 13 years ago – made worse (not better) by the “surge” in 2007, which contributed significantly to this decade’s Sunni-Shia violence. The real reason for Bush’s “surge” seems to have been to buy time so that he and Vice President Dick Cheney could leave office without having a lost war on their résumés.

President George W. Bush pauses for applause during his State of the Union Address on Jan. 28, 2003, when he made a fraudulent case for invading Iraq. Seated behind him are Vice President Dick Cheney and House Speaker Dennis Hastert. (White House photo)
President George W. Bush pauses for applause during his State of the Union Address on Jan. 28, 2003, when he made a fraudulent case for invading Iraq. Seated behind him are Vice President Dick Cheney and House Speaker Dennis Hastert. (White House photo)
As author Steve Coll has put it, “The decision [to surge] at a minimum guaranteed that his [Bush’s] presidency would not end with a defeat in history’s eyes. By committing to the surge [the President] was certain to at least achieve a stalemate.”

According to Bob Woodward, Bush told key Republicans in late 2005 that he would not withdraw from Iraq, “even if Laura and [first-dog] Barney are the only ones supporting me.” Woodward made it clear that Bush was well aware in fall 2006 that the U.S. was losing.

Indeed, by fall 2006, it had become unavoidably clear that a new course had to be chosen and implemented in Iraq, and virtually every sober thinker seemed opposed to sending more troops.

The senior military, especially CENTCOM commander Gen. John Abizaid and his man on the ground in Iraq, Gen. George Casey, emphasized that sending still more U.S. troops to Iraq would simply reassure leading Iraqi politicians that they could relax and continue to take forever to get their act together.

Here, for example, is Gen. Abizaid’s answer at the Senate Armed Services Committee on Nov. 15, 2006, to Sen. John McCain, who had long been pressing vigorously for sending 20,000 more troops to Iraq:

”Senator McCain, I met with every divisional commander, General Casey, the corps commander, General Dempsey, we all talked together. And I said, ‘in your professional opinion, if we were to bring in more American troops now, does it add considerably to our ability to achieve success in Iraq?’ And they all said no.

“And the reason is because we want the Iraqis to do more. It is easy for the Iraqis to rely upon us do this work. I believe that more American forces prevent the Iraqis from doing more, from taking more responsibility for their own future.”

The U.S. ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, sent a classified cable to Washington warning that “proposals to send more U.S. forces to Iraq would not produce a long-term solution and would make our policy less, not more, sustainable,” according to a New York Times retrospective on the “surge” published on Aug. 31, 2008. Khalilzad was arguing, unsuccessfully, for authority to negotiate a political solution with the Iraqis.

There was also the establishment-heavy Iraq Study Group, created by Congress and led by Republican stalwart James Baker and Democrat Lee Hamilton (with Robert Gates as a member although he quit before the review was competed). After months of policy review, the Iraq Study Group issued a final report on Dec. 6, 2006, that began with the ominous sentence “The situation in Iraq is grave and deteriorating.”

It called for: “A change in the primary mission of U.S. Forces in Iraq that will enable the United States to begin to move its combat forces out of Iraq responsibly… By the first quarter of 2008…all combat brigades not necessary for force protection could be out of Iraq.”

Rumsfeld’s Known-Knowns

The little-understood story behind Bush’s decision to catapult Robert Gates into the post of Defense Secretary was the astonishing fact that Donald Rumsfeld, of all people, was pulling a Robert McNamara; that is, he was going wobbly on a war based largely on his own hubris-laden, misguided advice.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld at a press briefing with Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Richard Myers. (State Department photo)
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld at a press briefing with Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Richard Myers. (State Department photo)
In the fall of 2006 Rumsfeld was having a reality attack. In Rumsfeld-speak, he had come face to face with a “known known.”

On Nov. 6, 2006, a day before the mid-term elections, Rumsfeld sent a memo to the White House, in which he acknowledged, “Clearly, what U.S. forces are currently doing in Iraq is not working well enough or fast enough.” The rest of his memo sounded very much like the emerging troop-drawdown conclusions of the Iraq Study Group.

The first 80 percent of Rumsfeld’s memo addressed “Illustrative Options,” including his preferred – or “above the line” – options such as “an accelerated drawdown of U.S. bases … to five by July 2007” and withdrawal of U.S. forces “from vulnerable positions — cities, patrolling, etc. … so the Iraqis know they have to pull up their socks, step up and take responsibility for their country.”

Finally, Rumsfeld had begun to listen to his generals and others who knew which end was up.?The hurdle? Bush and Cheney were not about to follow Rumsfeld’s example in “going wobbly.” Like Robert McNamara at a similar juncture during Vietnam, Rumsfeld had to be let go before he caused a President to “lose a war.”

Waiting in the wings, though, was Robert Gates, who had been CIA director under President George H. W. Bush, spent four years as president of Texas A&M, and had returned to the Washington stage as a member of the Iraq Study Group. While on the ISG, he evidenced no disagreement with its emerging conclusions – at least not until Bush asked him to become Secretary of Defense in early November 2006.

It was awkward. Right up to the week before the mid-term elections on Nov. 7, 2006, President Bush had insisted that he intended to keep Rumsfeld in place for the next two years. Suddenly, the President had to deal with Rumsfeld’s apostasy on Iraq.?Rumsfeld had let reality get to him, together with the very strong anti-surge protestations by all senior uniformed officers save one — the ambitious David Petraeus, who had jumped onboard for the “surge” escalation, which guaranteed another star on his lapel.

All Hail Petraeus

With the bemedaled Petraeus in the wings and guidance on strategy from arch-neocons, such as retired General Jack Keane and think-tank analyst Frederick Kagan, the White House completed the coup against the generals by replacing Rumsfeld with Gates and recalling Casey and Abizaid and elevating Petraeus.

Gen. David Petraeus posing before the U.S. Capitol with Kimberly Kagan, founder and president of the Institute for the Study of War. (Photo credit: ISW’s 2011 Annual Report)
Gen. David Petraeus posing before the U.S. Capitol with Kimberly Kagan, founder and president of the Institute for the Study of War, the wife of Frederick Kagan. (Photo credit: ISW’s 2011 Annual Report)
Amid the mainstream media’s hosannas for Petraeus and Gates, the significance of the shakeup was widely misunderstood, with key senators, including Sen. Hillary Clinton, buying the false narrative that the changes presaged a drawdown in the war rather than an escalation.

So relieved were the senators to be rid of the hated-but-feared Rumsfeld that the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on Dec. 5, 2006, on Gates’s nomination had the feel of a pajama party (I was there). Gates told them bedtime stories – and vowed to show “great deference to the judgment of generals.”

With unanimous Democratic support and only two conservative Republicans opposed, Gates was confirmed by the full Senate on Dec. 6, 2006.

On Jan. 10, 2007, Bush formally unveiled the bait-and-switch, announcing the “surge” of 30,000 additional troops, a mission that would be overseen by Gates and Petraeus. Bush did acknowledge that there would be considerable loss of life in the year ahead as U.S. troops were assigned to create enough stability for Iraq’s Shiite and Sunni factions to reach an accommodation.

At least, he got the loss-of-life part right. Around 1,000 U.S. troops died during the “surge” along with many more Iraqis. But Bush, Cheney, Petraeus, and Gates apparently deemed that cost a small price to pay for enabling them to blame a successor administration for the inevitable withdrawal from America’s failed war of aggression.

The gambit worked especially well for Gates and Petraeus. Amid glowing mainstream media press clippings about the “successful surge” and “victory at last” in Iraq, Gates was hailed as a new “wise man” and Petraeus was the military genius who pulled victory from the jaws of defeat. Their reputations were such that President Obama concluded that he had no choice but to keep them on, Gates as Defense Secretary and Petraeus as Obama’s top general in the Middle East.

Petraeus then oversaw the “surge” in Afghanistan and landed the job of CIA director, where Petraeus reportedly played a major role in arming up the Syrian rebels in pursuit of another “regime change,” this time in Syria.

Although Petraeus’s CIA tenure ended in disgrace in November 2012 when his dangerous liaison with Paula Broadwell was disclosed, his many allies in Official Washington’s powerful neocon community are now pushing him on President-elect Trump as the man to serve as Secretary of State.

Petraeus is known as a master of flattery, something that seemingly can turn Trump’s head. But the President-elect should have learned from his days hosting “The Celebrity Apprentice” that the winning contender should not be the one most adept at sucking up to the boss.

(Now, with the whole Middle East in turmoil, I find some relief in this brief parody by comedienne Connie Bryan of Petraeus’s performance in training Iraqi troops.)
https://consortiumnews.com/2016/11/30/t ... enior-job/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:42 am

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/b ... ry-nominee
Booker on DeVos: ‘I'm Not Saying Anything’
Eric Garcia

Sen. Cory Booker, D-New Jersey, wasn't saying whether he would support the confirmation of Betsy DeVos, despite having worked with her on education issues in the past.

At an event to discuss criminal justice reform at Google's Washington office on Thursday, Booker voiced his concerns about President-elect Donald Trump’s selection of Sen. Jeff Sessions as attorney general.

But he took an indirect route when asked about DeVos, who Trump announced as his choice for secretary of Education, comparing his work with DeVos to his relationship with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, an early backer of Trump.

“I found partners on both sides of the aisle, whether it was the Manhattan Institute or Chris Christie,” Booker. “If Chris Christie was up for some position, trust me, just because I partnered with him in the past doesn’t mean that I would be voting for his confirmation.”

Pressed whether he would support DeVos, Booker replied, “I’m not saying anything. Jeff Sessions, as I said here, deserves a fair hearing, but I have serious concerns about the kind of people Donald Trump has been choosing and when the time comes, I’d be happy to sit down for an interview when that’s on the floor.”

While he was mayor of Newark, Booker sat on the board of the Alliance for School Choice while DeVos was chairwoman. He also addressed the 2012 national policy summit for the American Federation for Children, on which DeVos served as chairwoman of the board of directors.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Flynn Simply Unfit

by Jim Lobe

No doubt many of you have read the front-page Sunday New York Times article about Trump’s National Security Advisor-designate Michael Flynn entitled “In Security Pick, ‘Sharp Elbows’ and No Dissent.” And no doubt those who did were struck by the anecdote about Flynn’s stunning demand, after the storming of the U.S. compound in Benghazi, that his subordinates at the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) find proof that Iran had a role in the attack. As noted by the Times’ reporters,

Mr. Flynn, whom President-elect Donald J. Trump has chosen to be his national security adviser, soon took to pushing analysts to find Iran’s hidden hand in the disaster, according to current and former officials familiar with the episode. But like many other investigations into Benghazi, theirs found no evidence of any links, and the general’s stubborn insistence reminded some officials at the agency of how the Bush administration had once relentlessly sought to connect Saddam Hussein and Iraq to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Indeed, that reminder made sense. According to the article, Flynn “connected immediately” with Michael Ledeen after meeting him around 2010 due to a similar worldview, including “the belief that America was in a world war against Islamist militants allied with Russia, Cuba and North Korea.” They connected so well that that they co-authored a book published just five months ago entitled The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies, which The Washington Post’s Carlos Lozada discussed in a highly critical and timely book review late last month.

Among the Neocons

I ordered the book from my local library last week, and I can tell you that Lozada was actually being charitable. Over the coming days and weeks, I and other contributors will offer further examples of Flynn’s off-the-wall views. For now, I’ll just note that Flynn and Ledeen believe that those Islamic militants are allied not only with Russia, Cuba, and North Korea, but also with China, Syria, Bolivia, Venezuela, and Nicaragua, just in case you underestimate the size and breadth of the enemy that the United States and Judeo-Christian civilization faces.

Ledeen, of course, is a fantasist and conspiracy theorist (or cynic) and neocon of the first order. Ledeen is now with the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. But in the run-up to and immediate aftermath of the Iraq invasion, he was based at the American Enterprise Institute and served as a consultant to Doug Feith’s policy shop at the Pentagon, the one responsible for similarly “proving” that Saddam Hussein was behind September 11 and/or al-Qaeda. When it became public shortly after the invasion that Ledeen was the one foreign policy analyst that Karl Rove regularly consulted, I wrote a piece detailing his history, including his long-time and prominent advocacy of the completely discredited claim that the KGB was behind the attempted assassination of Pope John Paul II, the so-called “Bulgarian Connection.” Then there was his role in the Iran-Contra scandal. That Ledeen could now return as a top adviser to a man occupying quarters adjoining the Oval Office is one of the scarier prospects of a Trump administration.

Flynn’s compatibility and close association with Ledeen should raise all kinds of alarm bells, especially for those who had placed their hopes in a Trump presidency because so many neoconservatives and Iraq war advocates had opposed his election. So far, however, it seems that public opposition to Flynn’s appointment is confined primarily to mainly liberal organizations, and religious, anti-Islamophobic, and anti-war groups. Fifty-three such groups signed a public letter sent to Trump Monday, which is posted below. One can only hope that, as people learn more about the worldview shared by Flynn and Ledeen, that number will grow and span a much broader spectrum of opinion.

Flynn Letter

Dear Mr. President-elect,

We are organizations representing millions of Americans, writing to express our deep concern with your appointment of Lt. General (Ret.) Michael Flynn to the position of National Security Advisor. While deserving respect for the time he has served our country in uniform, we feel General Flynn is unfit for serving in this critical post. His appointment will damage America’s standing in the world and pose a threat to our national security.

The United States faces complex national security challenges that necessitate serious, measured leadership. The National Security Advisor is a critical role. Considering General Flynn’s deeply troubling history of bigoted and deceitful statements and his alarming ties to foreign governments, it is clear he is a completely inappropriate choice to serve in the most senior national security position in the White House.

General Flynn has repeatedly made Islamophobic statements and peddled anti-Muslim conspiracy theories. He has written that “fear of Muslims is rational” and said that “Islam is a political ideology” and “a cancer” that “hides behind being a religion,” and continuously peddles the nonsensical fear of “Shariah law” spreading in the United States. On social media, he shared a blatantly anti-Semitic tweet. General Flynn’s repugnant statements show a lack of respect for the rights and dignity of Muslims and make him unfit for this post.

General Flynn is entitled to differ from the large majority of the American security establishment by opposing the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) nuclear agreement with Iran. But his advocacy of “regime change” over diplomacy as a means of addressing Iran’s nuclear program is reckless and incendiary. His appointment will send a dangerous signal to all parties to the agreement and the entire world that the United States cannot be counted on to adhere to its obligations under this or other vital international agreements.

Perhaps most alarming, since last summer General Flynn has regularly attended your classified intelligence briefings while also advising foreign governments. He has reportedly leaked classified US intelligence to Pakistan, and his lobbying company, Flynn Intel Group, has ties to Turkish interests close to the government of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

General Flynn’s appointment as National Security Advisor is a frightening prospect for anyone who values America’s national security and ability to promote stability and prosperity around the globe. We call on you to rescind it immediately.

American Family Voices
American Friends Service Committee
American Values Network
American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee
Americans for Peace Now
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Atlanta
Asian Americans Advancing Justice-LA
Brave New Films
Brooklyn For Peace
Campaign for America’s Future
Center for International Policy
Center of Concern
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Refugee & Immigration Ministries
Church World Service
Conference of Major Superiors of Men
Demand Progress
Desis Rising Up and Moving
Disciples Center for Public Witness
Disciples Home Missions of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Division of Overseas Ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Florida Council of Churches
Franciscan Action Network
Global Zero
J Street
Just Foreign Policy Military Religious Freedom Foundation
MoveOn.org
National Council of Jewish Women
National Immigration Law Center
NETWORK Lobby for Catholic Social Justice
NIAC Action
Nonviolence International
Pax Christi International
Pax Christi USA
Peace Action
Peace Action Bay Ridge
Physicians for Social Responsibility
Rachel Carson Council
Sojourners
South Asian Network (SAN)
Syrian Community Network
T’ruah: The Rabbinic Call for Human Rights
The New American Leaders Project
U.S. Labor Against the War
Unitarian Universalist Association
Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
United Church of Christ
Veterans For Peace
VoteVets
Washington Defender Association
Western States Legal Foundation
Win Without War
Women’s Action for New Directions
http://lobelog.com/flynn-simply-unfit/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby SonicG » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Very interesting that they cannot seem to find a Secretary of State...Maybe just keep the last one...or, why not, another billionaire...
A descendant of Utah Mormon pioneers, Jon M. Huntsman started his chemical firm in 1982, eventually acquiring 34 companies with borrowed money during the junk-bond boom. Jon M. Huntsman signed the Giving Pledge and has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to recipients including his own cancer research institute. He has also dabbled in political giving, making a $100,000 contribution in January 2015 to a PAC supporting Jeb Bush. Jon M. Huntsman also donated more than $2 million to his son's own presidential bid in 2012, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission.

Like members of other billionaire clans, Huntsman Jr. has been involved in the family business. He served on Huntsman Corp.’s board until August 2015, according to regulatory filings. His brother, Peter, has held the CEO post at the firm since 2000, while his father serves as executive chairman. The company has operations in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Africa and the Middle East, with overseas headquarters in Belgium and Singapore, where Huntsman Jr. served as a U.S. ambassador for one year in the early 1990s under President George H.W. Bush. He was also an ambassador to China under President Obama. Huntsman Jr. is now a board member of Caterpillar, Inc., Chevron Corp., Hilton Worldwide Holdings and Ford Motor Company.

Former ambassador to China under Obama is, well, very interesting...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby km artlu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:53 am

It says a lot about perception management, and the tactical applications of administrations oscillating between left and right, that Obama's nomination of Gen. Flynn to head the DIA sailed smoothly on in 2012.
km artlu

Postby SonicG » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:04 am

Yes, it is an interesting war of perception...Trump does have a point when he stated that, 'Obama sold weapons to them, so why can't I call them?' Indeed...because there are no simple explanations provided regarding the complex set of relations behind the situation, especially in regards to Asia. Just the Cold-Warish "evil China" meme...
The death of the TPP can only help China in the area, so maybe they are happy to let the US play with Taiwan as they deepen roots throughout SE and E Asia...

I thought Huntsman was the backpack one but...no...However, the article mentions Huntsman at the end, saying that he rode his bicycle sometimes...

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiap ... dor.locke/
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:26 am

Morty » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 am wrote:

Looks as if George did his civic duty (even though he's a Pom!) and refused to read any of Hillary's Wikileaks emails. Else I'd have to look for other reasons why he speaks with such apparent ignorance here. I don't have a problem with the rest of his piece.

I find it strange and bizarre how the faux left have double doubled down since the election and are getting worse. The hysteria seems to be increasing to where normally sane people who would be all for some rigourous investigation of Pizzagate are incorporating that into what I call Wailing Wall Media, or what Catherine Fitts calls the Shriek-o-Meter.

George would not have read WikiLeaks because
Julian Assange is a Russian spy and.. because Putin himself hacked the Dems from a secret location.

The quote "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results" is contained in the Basic Text of Narcotics Anonymous which was published in 1982.
Searcher08

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion